PDA

View Full Version : Stand up and cheer for your team.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 12:30 AM
I think me and yermom were the only ones standing in our section about 80% of the time

Get off your asses and back some noise. Believe it or not "soonerfans" the team reacts when the fans are loud and support them.

yermom
10/15/2006, 12:44 AM
at least they were telling us to sit down

CrimsonandCreamForever
10/15/2006, 01:36 AM
Would you like to buy a paper, mister?

RacerX
10/15/2006, 09:21 AM
I'm sure you guys intimidated ISU by standing

stoopified
10/15/2006, 09:23 AM
If I can keep buying my season tickets and rootung in THE BOO YEARS,I sure ain't gonna quit now.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 01:22 PM
I'm sure you guys intimidated ISU by standing
If everyone one stands and cheers it affects the opposing team yes.
Don't be a smartass.
Do you sit the whole game?

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 01:25 PM
You go Doleo!

IN!

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2006, 05:00 PM
Come on dolemite, you can't expect those people to stand. Why they came to see OU win a football game, and by god if they want to stay seated than everyone else better stay seated as well! Besides, we all know that "Home Field Advantage" is just a myth. The home crowd has no effect on the outcome of the game. So just zip your mouth, sit on your hands, an wait to yell and scream until after the game when you feel the team just gave up in the fourth quarter, around the same time you where getting on i-35. (Got to beat that traffic home of course)

the_ouskull
10/15/2006, 05:04 PM
I've found that making T-Shirts that say "Why Aren't YOU Standing?" on the back of them tends to help a great deal.

the_ouskull

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 05:08 PM
In true Doleo style...hows about this....

STAND UP

AND CHEER

OR STFU!

the_ouskull
10/15/2006, 05:17 PM
I'd wear it.

the_ouskull

Echoes
10/15/2006, 05:19 PM
Doleo... I know this is way off topic, but I loved X Men 3 :)

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 05:39 PM
Doleo... I know this is way off topic, but I loved X Men 3 :)
**** your couch

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/15/2006, 05:48 PM
It's hard to cheer when the teams sucks so bad!!!!

I agree!!

RacerX
10/15/2006, 05:51 PM
If everyone one stands and cheers it affects the opposing team yes.
Don't be a smartass.
Do you sit the whole game?

No. But I go with the flow of the section.

I'm always loud when we're on D.

And I'm not being a smartass. I've never understood the passion for standing.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 06:10 PM
No. But I go with the flow of the section.

I'm always loud when we're on D.

And I'm not being a smartass. I've never understood the passion for standing.
standing and yelling getting loud......its cool justsit in your seat like an old man and whimper...I will still like you as a person no matter but not as a soonerfan

RacerX
10/15/2006, 06:23 PM
That isn't going to cause me to lose any sleep.

And to recap for your lack of reading comprehension, I'm always loud.

If the section wants to stand for the whole game, I'll stand the whole game. I just don't think the standing issue is that important.

I'd be more impressed if everyone was just loud the entire time the D is on the field.

It's great that when the team is down that we turn on the fans.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/bsgtongue.gif

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 06:50 PM

If the section wants to stand for the whole game, I'll stand the whole game. I just don't think the standing issue is that important.

I'd be more impressed if everyone was just loud the entire time the D is on the field.

They turned on the team.....So I am going to turn on them. And why could you not use that 4 letter word in the thread.....Can you only use it in a comment affraid to say somthing out loud huh?

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 06:53 PM

also

STAND UP

AND CHEER

OR STFU!

JohnnyMack
10/15/2006, 06:54 PM
OU fans are spoiled. Always have been, always will be.

Doleo, while I applaud your noble efforts, it ain't gonna help.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 06:55 PM
They turned on the team.....
I think you got that right.

Some of these folks can't stand losing to the whorns.

You can count me in on that...

However...On Gameday...you cheer when your Offense is on fire and you get up and scream when your defense has the visitors standing on their heals...

If someone is standing in front of me...I stand...

If I'm the only one standing...

OUt of respect I sit.

I however expect to stand most of the game.

RacerX
10/15/2006, 08:09 PM
Dearest Doleo,

My spek comment to said **** off on the respect thing.

The **** stands for PI$$. I'm not going to drop the f-bomb on you. I forgot that PI$$ gets filtered.

Being loud makes you a good fan. Standing? meh.

If you choose to be upset about people not standing, then you're choosing to be upset. You might as well go stand on the coast and try to stop the tide.

Spend your energy on something constructive.

Nobody in my section turned on the team.

Also, the stand up thread(s) happens every year without fail.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 08:17 PM
wtf does **** off on the respect thing mean then?

RacerX
10/15/2006, 08:59 PM
**** off and **** off are similar.

The one I chose just isn't as profane.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 09:22 PM
I dont think you understand...what respect thing are you talking about? Why are you negging me?

JohnnyMack
10/15/2006, 09:39 PM
I dont think you understand...what respect thing are you talking about? Why are you negging me?

I'll neg you for your evil and slanderous comments towards X-Men 3.

RacerX
10/15/2006, 10:05 PM
I will still like you as a person no matter but not as a soonerfan

This is why.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/16/2006, 10:11 AM
What if you are in a wheel chair

dolemitesooner
10/16/2006, 10:14 AM
What if you are in a wheel chair
get the **** out..its stand or go home

boomersooner82
10/16/2006, 02:13 PM
I hate sitting during a game. I'm excited. I've got to stand up and yell and jump around. I feel bad sometimes for the people sitting behind me in Sec. 24 (my bad guys), but it's a football game. I mean no disrespect. I think people can sit if they want (if they are under six foot and and 120 pounds and can fit into their seat... that's not me), but no one should ever be told to sit down. And without question, everyone who's got a voice should get loud when we're on defense. Sitting and observing makes you a spectator, not a fan.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/16/2006, 02:15 PM
What if it was a little girl's one wish to watch OU play and she had Bob Stoop's permission to sit in the wheel chair? Just seeing what is allright ;)

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 02:27 PM
What if you won free tickets to Comic-Con (including airfare and hotel room) if you sat for a whole game?

delhalew
10/16/2006, 02:33 PM
I sat in the south endzone for the first time this past weekend. Booo!

I was ****ing off the pregnant girl behind me so I sat. Not only am I against staying seated, but I am also 6'1 230 lbs. I don't fit on those stands unless I'm STANDING. Hey that must be were they got the name. My back was killing me after sitting down the whole game trying to keep my knees out of the dude in front of me's back.

Instead of renting that little seat use the money to go get some nutsack.

dolemitesooner
10/16/2006, 04:34 PM
What if you won free tickets to Comic-Con (including airfare and hotel room) if you sat for a whole game?
I would stand.....Listen I am on the a pro tour for a card game I play and every year there is a tour stop in november in cali and I cant go because ou is playing.
I have quit dating girls beacuse they wanted to leave a game early.

I will contuine to stand

JohnnyMack
10/16/2006, 05:05 PM
I would stand.....Listen I am on the a pro tour for a card game I play and every year there is a tour stop in november in cali and I cant go because ou is playing.
I have quit dating girls beacuse they wanted to leave a game early.

I will contuine to stand

The ONLY time I have EVAR left an OU game early was in 1993 vs. The Cult when they were ranked #5 and we whipped their ***. My gf had a dance or some **** and I left early for it. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

The Maestro
10/16/2006, 05:08 PM
Overrated - OU home game Sooner fans
Underrated - OU road game Sooner fans

freshchris05
10/16/2006, 05:39 PM
Overrated - OU home game Sooner fans
Underrated - OU road game Sooner fans

Very true!! but its like that everywhere when you win alot... i went to school and graduated from clinton high and weve been pretty dominant in football and the fans dont cheer, they freak out if the team loses but expect the team to win... its ok to expect your team to win, thats what great programs do but when you sit and discuss who is having an affair and who's not happy in their marriage when the game can go either way, its pathetic... earlier in the season clinton lost to hobart and when hobart made their 2 point conversion and went ahead i was one of the few still cheering... their still kids show em some support!!!

just because the fight song isn't playing you can still stand and cheer... you paid for the ticket get your money's worth!

BOOMER SOONER!