PDA

View Full Version : Quit bashing Ad....

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 12:06 AM
If I here one more person on the board bashes Ad...and say that he was playing stupid, Or that he shouldnt have been in the game, or anything close to that I will go nuts.

This was a freak accident. A very un fourtnate one at that.

How many of you peopel are upset. Well image how his freinds family and teammates fill.

So quit saying **** like.

" Ad shouldn't have dived"
and
"Ad shouldn't have been in the game"

IDIOTS!!!!!!

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2006, 12:07 AM
eggsakly

Fraggle145
10/15/2006, 12:09 AM
Anyone saying that is a bitch. you all know you wanted him to get 200 yds and so did he and so did the coaches. he was off balance anyone saying this is an idiot and I hope bad things happen to you.

SelmaBamaFan
10/15/2006, 12:10 AM
Doleo going nuts scares me, so please dont do it people!!!

TheUnnamedSooner
10/15/2006, 12:11 AM
If I here one more person on the board bashes Ad...and say that he was playing stupid, Or that he shouldnt have been in the game, or anything close to that I will go nuts.

How many of you peopel are upset. Well image how his freinds family and teammates fill.

and

IDIOTS!!!!!!

uh, he shouldn't have been in the game ;) Just kidding, I fill the same way about ad. He was playing football, these things sometimes happen, very unfortunate. And about the dive, he wasn't showing off, there was a guy on him, he was just trying to score.

The Preach Man
10/15/2006, 12:15 AM
uh, he shouldn't have been in the game ;) Just kidding, I fill the same way about ad. He was playing football, these things sometimes happen, very unfortunate. And about the dive, he wasn't showing off, there was a guy on him, he was just trying to score.

yup, he wasnt showboating, he was making sure the ball got over the line because of the defender trying to grab his legs. It's what makes AD great, and unfortunately it cost him this time.

He's still the best. I mean, he has basically played 2 full season at OU(maybe 2 and 1/3) and is like the 4th all time leading rusher in OU history. Not to shabby.

I LOVE ADRIAN AND WOULD HAVE HIS BABIES IF I WASNT A MAN. :O

Scott D
10/15/2006, 12:16 AM

and

IDIOTS!!!!!!

I got one thing to say to you...

**** yo' couch huggybearsooner.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 12:21 AM
Man I am so ****ing depressed right now.

At the game there was a guy sitting behind me and yermom talking baout how ad was bad and that we would lose to a good team like mizzou if he played.

I am so sick of all the iggnorant *** ****ing bandwagon ou fans.

Over the past week aftert the lose to Texass I have heard some things come out of "soonerfans" mouths that embarrase me and its embarssing to be a sooner fan when 90% of our fans are ****ing morans.

Its getting old. Now I am hereing more and more rumors that stoops is gone. Its not like we have not heard this before and I tend not to belive the **** but I would not blam him one bit.

He cant do anything right in sooner morans eyes. The program is falling apart is waht many of you guys are saying. you would think form what I have herd the sky is falling in and I am so sick of the ****.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/15/2006, 12:23 AM

At the game there was a guy sitting behind me and yermom talking baout how ad was bad and that we would lose to a good team like mizzou if he played.

Was he wearing headphones? If so, it was the same guy I was asking yermom about in "the wave" thread....

Scott D
10/15/2006, 12:25 AM

I am so sick of all the iggnorant *** ****ing bandwagon ou fans.

Over the past week aftert the lose to Texass I have heard some things come out of "soonerfans" mouths that embarrase me and its embarssing to be a sooner fan when 90% of our fans are ****ing morans.

Its getting old. Now I am hereing more and more rumors that stoops is gone. Its not like we have not heard this before and I tend not to belive the **** but I would not blam him one bit.

He cant do anything right in sooner morans eyes. The program is falling apart is waht many of you guys are saying. you would think form what I have herd the sky is falling in and I am so sick of the ****.

Ima say it again '**** yo' couch huggybear' :)

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 12:27 AM
Was he wearing headphones? If so, it was the same guy I was asking yermom about in "the wave" thread....
Yes he was a ****ing moran.....I also heard random chnats of pull out tompson from behind me when he over threw a pass badly from a couple of people.

Its going to take evething I have to contain myself next week around this guy. As soon as I see him I am going to ask him if we can beat mizzou now taht ad is gone since we would never be able to with him there.

I am so sick of ****ing "soonerfans"

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 12:28 AM
Ima say it again '**** yo' couch huggybear' :)
yeah ok whatever

Scott D
10/15/2006, 12:32 AM
Yes he was a ****ing moran.....I also heard random chnats of pull out tompson from behind me when he over threw a pass badly from a couple of people.

Its going to take evething I have to contain myself next week around this guy. As soon as I see him I am going to ask him if we can beat mizzou now taht ad is gone since we would never be able to with him there.

I am so sick of ****ing "soonerfans"

especially since mizzou lost to atm.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 12:33 AM
especially since mizzou lost to atm.
Yeah hes a ****ing idiot just like 90% of our fans...

Scott D
10/15/2006, 12:38 AM
you just figure that one out huggybear?

yermom
10/15/2006, 12:42 AM
Yeah hes a ****ing idiot just like 90% of people...

fixed ;)

yermom
10/15/2006, 12:45 AM
and rumors about Coker being gone probably got a bit stronger today...

oumartin
10/15/2006, 12:52 AM
I am curious why he was in the game that late when they sat him against a lesser opponent in MTSU when he could have really racked up some yards against a weaker defense.

yermom
10/15/2006, 12:55 AM
dad in the stands... AP not exactly tearing it up to run out the clock, of course Heisman stats... these are possibilties

i'm surprised he sat in the MTSU game though... i was thinking they were saving him for Texas maybe

Scott D
10/15/2006, 12:57 AM
yeah we need more threads blaming Nelson for being able to attend a game ;)

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 12:59 AM
I am curious why he was in the game that late when they sat him against a lesser opponent in MTSU when he could have really racked up some yards against a weaker defense.
yep your one of them

tulsaOUfan
10/15/2006, 01:00 AM
AD didn't dive anyway, he was tripped up by the ISU guy hitting him around the ankles

Fraggle145
10/15/2006, 01:05 AM
AD didn't dive anyway, he was tripped up by the ISU guy hitting him around the ankles

how many ****ing times on how many different threads do we have to say this....

leavingthezoo
10/15/2006, 01:08 AM
i think college football may be the only level i've ever seen where players have to apologize for wanting to play, and coaches are called to task for playing them.

Sco
10/15/2006, 01:35 AM
Injuries happen. Freak play. Sucks, but it happens.

Our luck has been incredibly bad this season... I think last season was easier to watch! That says something!

I hope AD decides to stick around another season... though I don't blame him if he doesn't.

Jackal
10/15/2006, 07:02 AM
This is AD's second shoulder injury, if I were a NFL team with millions on the line I surely would be a little leary. Also if I knew I was going to get him for my NFL team, I would want him to play another year in college. Technically he will have only played 2 seasons counting all the injury time he was out.

AD's pass blocking and pass receiving could use the work, he needs to modify his running style or he won't last long in the NFL......what I means is he needs to learn to avoid contact instead of looking for it.

Lastly from the OU perspective, we really need him next year to help a young QB.

ashley
10/15/2006, 07:34 AM
Leary of a broken collarbone. It is not as bad as a badly sprained ankle witch is worse than a broken bone in the foot. Please know your sports injuries. Will be stronger than before.
Please chedk on what the pro scouts say abou AD and you will get a reality check about your football knowledge.

sooneron
10/15/2006, 08:14 AM
I agree with Doleo, for once. Before the rune he had 130 yards, not exactly a running it up sort of day. He had every business being in there and I'm sure he made his voice heard about wanting to be in the game.

NDIrish
10/15/2006, 08:40 AM
If i'm not mistaken, this was the first game that Adrian Peterson's dad was able to watch him. Ask yourself if you would take him out of the game in that situation. Adrian was showboating though...he was showboating for his dad.

colleyvillesooner
10/15/2006, 09:01 AM
If i'm not mistaken, this was the first game that Adrian Peterson's dad was able to watch him. Ask yourself if you would take him out of the game in that situation. Adrian was showboating though...he was showboating for his dad.

You're wrong. Thanks for playing.

Jackal
10/15/2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah, he was showboating and the dive was unnecessary but people shouldn't bash him for it. He could do that same move and not get hurt a thousand times, it was a freak accident.

yermom
10/15/2006, 09:11 AM
showboating?

did anyone actually watch the play?

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/15/2006, 09:17 AM
Let's face it....AD should have never been played yet in his career!! If we used him 1 play a game it would be best!

ashley
10/15/2006, 09:17 AM
Was he just suppose to fall down when he was hit or dive fo a TD. Anyone that ever played knows you don't think about who is in the stands in that situation. Instincts take over.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 09:18 AM
Jackal and Irish...

Your wrong.

If anything was going on...it was called football.

If you've been a Heisman Hopeful for 3 years running and this season you were looking at a Multi-million dollar contract...

You play football. You post as many stats as you can. You enjoy what might very well be you last College experience and you rally your team as a leader on the field.

The injury isn't a shoulder injury. It's a broken collarbone. It happens to lots of people...especially in sports.

http://www.sportsmed.buffalo.edu/info/clavicle.gif

Don't post when your drinking...

It's for us experts.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 09:22 AM
Yeah hes a ****ing idiot just like 90% of our fans...
Doleo...

I know your upset...

I know that it hard to sit near folks who don't get it...

I truely believe that there are more than 10% of Soonerfans..."Who get it".

Ease up a little...

Deep Breaths...

In with the good air....OUt with the bad....

:pop:

Jackal
10/15/2006, 09:25 AM
Right or wrong, it really doesn't matter. It is just a sickening fact to all OU fans that he is lost for the season, I really would liked for him to have the OU rushing recond too.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 09:26 AM
Right or wrong, it really doesn't matter. It is just a sickening fact to all OU fans that he is lost for the season, I really would liked for him to have the OU rushing recond too.
Some say he still could via a bowl game...

I think he's gone.

RacerX
10/15/2006, 09:27 AM
Jackal and Irish...

Your wrong.

Rocks are hard
Water is wet

Sco
10/15/2006, 09:30 AM
Jackal and Irish...

Your wrong.

If anything was going on...it was called football.

If you've been a Heisman Hopeful for 3 years running and this season you were looking at a Multi-million dollar contract...

You play football. You post as many stats as you can. You enjoy what might very well be you last College experience and you rally your team as a leader on the field.

The injury isn't a shoulder injury. It's a broken collarbone. It happens to lots of people...especially in sports.

http://www.sportsmed.buffalo.edu/info/clavicle.gif

Don't post when your drinking...

It's for us experts.

Collarbone is fractured, not broken. That means he heals faster.

Not fast enough for us, but there is a difference.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 10:23 AM
showboating?

didn't anyone tell you, that defender that dove and made contact with his left leg didn't really exist, so he wasn't offbalance when he crossed the goalline.

leavingthezoo
10/15/2006, 10:46 AM
showboating?

yes. and if you don't think being tripped is showboating YOU ARE BLIND! heh.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 01:03 PM
He was not ****ing showboating he was ****ing getting in the endzone. Your another one of them.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 01:05 PM
Doleo...

I know your upset...

I know that it hard to sit near folks who don't get it...

I truely believe that there are more than 10% of Soonerfans..."Who get it".

Ease up a little...

Deep Breaths...

In with the good air....OUt with the bad....

:pop:
No there is not the number may be smaller thant That. Our fans are ****ing horriable

MI Sooner
10/15/2006, 02:40 PM
I agree that he wasn't showboating. Showboating is when Reggie Bush does an unnecessary flip over the goal line, not AD lunging into the end-zone as he's being hit by the defense.

That said, how is it bashing AD to say he shouldn't have been playing? Isn't that the coach's responsibility? Why do the starters sit out the end of blowouts? Why do NFL teams sit their starters most of the preseason and late in the regular season when they have home field advantage wrapped up? Maybe it's because, as many commenters have stated, these things (injurys) happen when you play football. I'd much rather have it happen to one of my backups when we have a 19 point lead late in the game. Obviously, when you pull your starters depends on the size of your lead, the risk of the other team scoring on your defense, the time left in the game, how deserving backups are of PT, etc. etc. etc. If we had been up by more than three scores, I'd be complaining more. If we'd been up by 14, I could understand playing him. I would think that everyone could agree that at some point, it doens't make sense to play him.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 02:44 PM
Definition of "Showboating" - I give you Ozzie Smith.

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/_photos/2002-01-07-inside-ozzie.jpg

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 02:52 PM
http://ordersatcooperstown.com/mcart/images/IT774_CInetpubwwwrootNetlistwww.cooperstown.comima gesMountedMemoriesOzzieFlip300.jpg

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2006, 02:59 PM
Doing a flip between innings wouldn't be the same thing as diving into the endzone unnecessarily, which didn't happen anyway.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 03:00 PM
Doing a flip between innings wouldn't be the same thing as diving into the endzone unnecessarily, which didn't happen anyway.
OK.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/features/1997/wsarchive/images/1985.jpghttp://homepages.ius.edu/MABELLJR/ozzie_smith.jpghttp://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/joshuah/pictures/cardinals/ozzie/ozzie6.jpg

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2006, 03:02 PM
so you are using a picture of him juming to avoid the cleats as your showboating evidence?

I guess you never played any shortstop

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 03:05 PM
so you are using a picture of him juming to avoid the cleats as your showboating evidence?

I guess you never played any shortstop
Third Base.

Shortstops P*ss me off. :D

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2006, 03:07 PM
Third Base.

Shortstops P*ss me off. :D
I played the hot box too. But I played enough at short to know how to get out of the way of some steel cleats.

NDIrish
10/15/2006, 03:09 PM
He was not ****ing showboating he was ****ing getting in the endzone. Your another one of them.

Way to completly misinterprit what i said. I was backing you up. I meant that the only reason he was so fired up in this game was because his dad was watching him. He dove to get into the endzone to make sure he got that touchdown for his dad. The "Showboating for his dad" comment was referring to just having a good day in general.

**Another note...Adrian Peterson was only 150 yards short of the school record for all time rushing yards when he got injured. If I had a player that was about to break a record like with this much time left in the season I would not take him out either. He was capable of finishing the year cruising past that record.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 03:09 PM
Do you seriously think Ozzie wasn't out for a Gold Glove every year?

He was a showboat deluxe.

I think the world of him and he is missed in the Major Leagues because he was the Ultimate Showman and One Heckofa Shortstop.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 03:16 PM
Adrian never goes airborne unless his Dad is in the stands....

http://www.tulsaworld.com/images/2006/060406_B1_Peter26670_b1adrian6.jpghttp://www.cjonline.com/photogalleries/2005/10/02_ksuou/images/19.jpg

http://images.sportsline.com/images/football/college/bowls/holiday293.jpghttp://www.pe.com/imagesdaily/2005/01-02/heisman_petersen_216.jpghttp://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/2004/1009/photo/r_peterson_i.jpg

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2006, 03:17 PM
Well, I guess I generally consider it showboating when it takes place during the game. His flips were a crowd pleaser and definately showing off, but not in an arrogant way.

He was flashy. I guess you can call it showboating if you want.:D

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 03:23 PM
If I had a player that was about to break a record like with this much time left in the season I would not take him out either. He was capable of finishing the year cruising past that record.
It seems your School did quite a bit of campaigning for Brady Quinn for Heisman and yet at 9:12 left in the 4th...your Coach had him in...

PROOF (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262800087)

Similar scored game (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262870201)

Seriously...

Go away Troll.

blackbeauty02
10/15/2006, 03:33 PM
For some reason I can't post a new thread so I'm putting this link in the top 10 posts right now. This idiot is says Peterson had his injury coming to him. Leave a comment and let the D-bag know what an R-tard he is.

http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/brandon.tucker?blog=16&title=oklahoma_s_adrian_peterson_done_for_year&page=1&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1&disp=single#c43640

blackbeauty02
10/15/2006, 03:36 PM
oh yea and Peterson could have gotten hurt on any play of any game. It just happened to be this one. we would all be upset if it happened at any point in time. hell he could have been walking to class (does he even have to go?) and could have tripped and hurt himself.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/15/2006, 04:04 PM
http://www.cjonline.com/photogalleries/2005/10/02_ksuou/images/19.jpg

PT just got pwned!!!

magic33216
10/15/2006, 05:13 PM
I think it's funny when people say "AD going 'airborn' is showboating" If you noticed, he works for every single yard. If he needs to jump he jumps, if he needs to spin he spins, if he needs plow someone over he plows 'em over. I also love how people are like "Wow look at AD's moves" and then when he is injured, "He was showboating, that bastard, never should have done that." I agree with the guy who said Reggie bush doing flips in showboating, because it is, when AD makes a TD he runs into the endzone. He is injured deal with it. It ****es me off too, but the dude plays his heart out and works for every yard. IT AIN'T SHOWBOATING!!!!!!!:D

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 05:47 PM
sigh

opksooner
10/15/2006, 06:02 PM
Gee, for a minute I thought I had landed over at insider. :(

Tidefan36854
10/15/2006, 06:33 PM
Guys, I hated like hearing about AD. I know what its like to have the best player on your offense go down <Prothro>. I also know how feels to have a bunch of a$$bags second guessing the Coach for him being in the game. I don't see how anybody is saying he was showboating, though. He was hit by a defender and dove for the score. That's the kind of play that makes players heroes. That same play in a close game would have been a Game Changing Nominee and people would be at work tomorrow talking about it. I can't fault a great player for trying to make a play for his team!!! I wish AD a speedy recovery and whether or not he comes back for his Senior year, he has been a pleasure to watch.

OKC-SLC
10/15/2006, 11:51 PM
Collarbone is fractured, not broken. That means he heals faster.

Not fast enough for us, but there is a difference.
There is no clinical difference between the terms. Sometimes the word 'fracture' is used to colloquially describe fractures that are less significant (e.g. 'hairline fracture'; 'greenstick fracture'), and that has resulted in the thought that there is a difference. But at the end of the day, when an orthopod or radiologist describes the radiographic appearance of a broken bone, the word "fracture" is used universally. E.g. 'non-displaced fracture', 'comminuted fracture'.

Unfortunately, just about any fracture to the collarbone will make it difficult for any human to play RB. Or even superhumans like AD.

ashley
10/16/2006, 07:32 AM
Not true. you must have a limited experience with broken collarbone.

Sooner_Bob
10/16/2006, 07:50 AM
Uh oh