PDA

View Full Version : The wife brought up a very interesting point....

boomersooner28
10/14/2006, 09:07 PM
as we were watching the game today. She said, and I quote, "why isn't anyone talking about how well Paul Thompson is playing?"

He has been pretty damn good, and he should start to get attention now that AD is down.

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2006, 09:09 PM
Agree with the wife, Paul played quite well today, and i only remember him really making one bad throw; makes you wonder how good he could be if he had played last season instead of that other guy

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 09:10 PM
I actually think PT has been out-playing AD all season. Probably mostly due to bad run-blocking by the O-line, but still... Yeah, he deserves more praise for his play.

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 09:12 PM
except for a couple of bad throws today

Cam
10/14/2006, 09:14 PM
He's playing like I thought he would last year.

jbstrick
10/14/2006, 09:40 PM
The spotlight will be fully on him now.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 09:42 PM
The spotlight will be fully on him now.

What an incredible Cinderella story, this unknown comes outta no where to lead the pack, at Augusta. He's on his final hole, he's about 455 yards away - he's gonna hit about a two-iron I think. Oh he got all of that one! The crowd is standing on its feet here, the normally reserved Augusta crowd - going wild - for this young Cinderella, he's come outta no where, he's got about 350 yards left, he's gonna hit about a five-iron, don't you think? He's got a beautiful backswing - that's - Oh he got all of that one! He's gotta be pleased with that, the crowd is just on its feet here, uh - He's the Cinderella boy, uh - tears in his eyes I guess as he lines up this last shot, he's got about 195 yards left, he's got about a - its looks like he's got about an eight-iron. This crowd has gone deathly silent, the Cinderella story, outta no where, a former greenskeeper now - about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac - It's in the Hole!

Crimsontothecore
10/14/2006, 10:57 PM
I actually think PT has been out-playing AD all season. Probably mostly due to bad run-blocking by the O-line, but still... Yeah, he deserves more praise for his play.
Do you realize what you've done? You have committed the unforgivable sin. You have suggested that Peterson is not the sole reason OU has won games this season. I was attacked unmercifully a while back when I suggested that he was a part of the team as opposed to THE WHOLE TEAM. The majority here will now act as though the whole program is in jeopardy in his absense.

SoonerJason
10/14/2006, 10:59 PM
PT had his laser guided target on today

TMcGee86
10/14/2006, 11:15 PM
I actually thought PT had his worst game of the year today.

And that should tell you all you need to know about how well he has played this year.

He started out red hot, but then he had about three throws where they just totally went off target. And he missed the deep ball again bad.

Some of that could have been on purpose though, seeing as how many bad drops the WR's had.

colleyvillesooner
10/14/2006, 11:21 PM
PT had his laser guided target on in the first half

Fixed. PT was awesome in the first half, but a handful of throws in the second half left a WTF? look on my face. But we knew that's what we were going to get, and he's FAR exceeded my expectations.

GO GET EM PAUL!!!

SoonerJason
10/14/2006, 11:41 PM
Fixed. PT was awesome in the first half, but a handful of throws in the second half left a WTF? look on my face. But we knew that's what we were going to get, and he's FAR exceeded my expectations.

GO GET EM PAUL!!!

Some throws.. I just seemed to look away :)

oumartin
10/15/2006, 12:01 AM
he seems to have lost alof of his running ability. he seems limited in his scrambling abilities. have the coaches told him not to run? he just doesn't seem as fast as he once did or as shifty.. but he has played lights out for the most part.. I have been suprised and happy with him

SoonerJason
10/15/2006, 12:05 AM
he seems to have lost alof of his running ability. he seems limited in his scrambling abilities. have the coaches told him not to run? he just doesn't seem as fast as he once did or as shifty.. but he has played lights out for the most part.. I have been suprised and happy with him

Something about not getting hurt due to our depth at QB

dolemitesooner
10/15/2006, 12:08 AM
I actually thought PT had his worst game of the year today.

And that should tell you all you need to know about how well he has played this year.

He started out red hot, but then he had about three throws where they just totally went off target. And he missed the deep ball again bad.

Some of that could have been on purpose though, seeing as how many bad drops the WR's had.
GO FIND SOME ROCKS TO CHEW ON MORAN.......195 YARDS 2 TD NO INTS IS NOT HIS WORST GAME

Fraggle145
10/15/2006, 12:14 AM
It would have been better if Iglesias could have remembered how to catch the ball and not throw of the rythym... how many balls did he drop today? I counted 3 at least... but BTW paul still cant throw the deep ball... we also saw that today. Nothing against him, he is a hell of a sooner and a human being and gives his all, he just cant throw the deep ball. All I want are more passes to our underrated TE'S! especially now with AD gone..

SoonerJason
10/15/2006, 12:17 AM
It would have been better if Iglesias could have remembered how to catch the ball and not throw of the rythym... how many balls did he drop today? I counted 3 at least... but BTW paul still cant throw the deep ball... we also saw that today. Nothing against him, he is a hell of a sooner and a human being and gives his all, he just cant throw the deep ball. All I want are more passes to our underrated TE'S! especially now with AD gone..

ARGGHHH.. I threw my remote the 3rd time.

mdklatt
10/15/2006, 12:29 AM
Do you realize what you've done? You have committed the unforgivable sin. You have suggested that Peterson is not the sole reason OU has won games this season. I was attacked unmercifully a while back when I suggested that he was a part of the team as opposed to THE WHOLE TEAM.

It's obvious that AD stole your girlfriend or something, but that happens. You've got to move on.

Ash
10/15/2006, 12:48 AM
It's obvious that AD stole your girlfriend or something, but that happens. You've got to move on.

Heh. I've been thinking the same thing about this troll...errrr..."fan."

Someone has a big *** axe to grind.:rolleyes:

Fraggle145
10/15/2006, 01:21 AM

Crimson needs to go get ****ed

Fraggle145
10/15/2006, 01:23 AM
I'm a troll.

FIXED

TMcGee86
10/15/2006, 09:34 AM
GO FIND SOME ROCKS TO CHEW ON MORAN.......195 YARDS 2 TD NO INTS IS NOT HIS WORST GAME

um...riiiiight.

See, that's why I said that should tell you about how WELL he is playing this year.

I meant that as a complement. If 195 yards and 2 tds is netted while playing the first game I have seen him inexplicably miss easy throws, he is playing pretty dam good right now.

Jackal
10/15/2006, 09:53 AM
None of yall have noticed that PT can't hit a WR in stride with the long ball, sure he is great on rolling and throwing on the run but he doesn't have pure passing ability and never will.

I think PT has done a great job considering the situation, but OU's offense this year would have been much better with Bomar. So if that fact offends all the PT kool-aid drinkers, neg away.

Fraggle145
10/15/2006, 12:29 PM
None of yall have noticed that PT can't hit a WR in stride with the long ball, sure he is great on rolling and throwing on the run but he doesn't have pure passing ability and never will.

I think PT has done a great job considering the situation, but OU's offense this year would have been much better with Bomar. So if that fact offends all the PT kool-aid drinkers, neg away.

... but BTW paul still cant throw the deep ball... we also saw that today. Nothing against him, he is a hell of a sooner and a human being and gives his all, he just cant throw the deep ball.

Umm ya I did... and I still say know we wouldnt be better with "the Idiot," because he was an IDIOT, he made IDIOT THROWS, IDIOT DECISIONS, TOOK IDIOT HITS, man I hate that guy... PT is doing better IMO than we would have with the other guy.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 12:35 PM
I will refrain form any further PT comments until after the Colorado game.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/15/2006, 04:17 PM
So if that fact offends all the PT kool-aid drinkers, neg away.

Okay.

KEEP FIRING, ***HOLES!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/60/Dark_Helmet_angry.jpg

SouthFortySooner
10/16/2006, 03:32 PM
My brother made this statement, of which I totally agree. Imagine where we would have been had Thompson only hit the wide open receivers he's missed this season.

I know, I know.

j_s_ou_1
10/16/2006, 04:03 PM
OU can do fine without peterson, look at stoops record without him. Forget the fact those are completely different teams. We're gonna kill everyone cause that is our right and when anyone bad mouths us like we do them, they are just rude and completely out of line. Sooner Magic is great....this year we haven't had any, so it's a conspiracy. We love calls going our way and would never give up an unearned win, but we better make every team that plays us that gets good calls do it. Seriously, you wonder why people cant wait to take shots at ou fans, it's because they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth. You do whatever you want in bad mouthing other teams and cheating them from wins, but when its the other way around, it's so wrong. Get a grip and I hope you enjoy the rest of your season.....and like somebody said, thank god it wasn't thompson that went down.....idiots.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/16/2006, 04:05 PM
OU can do fine without peterson, look at stoops record without him. Forget the fact those are completely different teams. We're gonna kill everyone cause that is our right and when anyone bad mouths us like we do them, they are just rude and completely out of line. Sooner Magic is great....this year we haven't had any, so it's a conspiracy. We love calls going our way and would never give up an unearned win, but we better make every team that plays us that gets good calls do it. Seriously, you wonder why people cant wait to take shots at ou fans, it's because they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the face of the earth. You do whatever you want in bad mouthing other teams and cheating them from wins, but when its the other way around, it's so wrong. Get a grip and I hope you enjoy the rest of your season.....and like somebody said, thank god it wasn't thompson that went down.....idiots.

Are you angry?