PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma players we missed out on

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2006, 09:06 PM
Ok, i'm not up on all the recruiting stuff like a lot of you are, but who are the best players right now in college that are from Oklahoma, but are playing at other schools? Obviously Meachem and Paul Smith come to mind immediately, but who else is out there that we missed on?

birddog
10/14/2006, 09:08 PM
george something or rather. a freshman at notre dame.

soonerthanu
10/14/2006, 09:37 PM
Mike Hunt ...Beavers

soonerthanu
10/14/2006, 09:46 PM
The Arkie Running Back cant remember his name.

SoonerDood
10/14/2006, 10:18 PM
we couldn't pay Meachem enough to come here. Literally.

yermom
10/14/2006, 10:26 PM
Jeremy Shockey?

DrZaius
10/14/2006, 10:36 PM
Pat Magroin...Miami

MiccoMacey
10/14/2006, 11:00 PM
The Arkie Running Back cant remember his name.

Felix Jones - BTW

JohnnyMack
10/14/2006, 11:02 PM
Jeremy Shockey?

:les:ROID RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaceman
10/14/2006, 11:25 PM
Wes Welker.

yermom
10/14/2006, 11:52 PM
WW was good, but i really don't know if he would have played at OU, except as a return man on kickoffs and punts while AP was hurt

oumartin
10/14/2006, 11:54 PM
sheldon williams, and the kid that played at syracuse eton thomas.

or are we talkin' just football?

tulsaoilerfan
10/15/2006, 11:03 AM
I'm talking football only, and only CURRENT college players; some of you guys are just too funny:D

Harry Beanbag
10/15/2006, 11:09 AM
Zac Taylor

;)

soonerthanu
10/15/2006, 11:39 AM
Kenny Brown went to ATM he is RFr so he will find out if he was a miss or not

Tulsa_Fireman
10/15/2006, 04:20 PM
Stu Pidaso. Can't forget him.

royalfan5
10/15/2006, 07:11 PM
I can't remember if you guys wanted Phillip Dillard or not, but he was making a big push for playing time up here before he tore up his knee in the first quarter of the first game. If he recovers he should be a pretty good one for us. (Note, for purposes of posting in this thread, I'm going ignore the Roark brothers)

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 07:24 PM
I can't remember if you guys wanted Phillip Dillard or not, but he was making a big push for playing time up here before he tore up his knee in the first quarter of the first game. If he recovers he should be a pretty good one for us. (Note, for purposes of posting in this thread, I'm going ignore the Roark brothers)
You guys better not pull a Baylor this week.

royalfan5
10/15/2006, 07:39 PM
You guys better not pull a Baylor this week.
I feel good about our chances this week. It will be McCoy's first start in a fully hostile enviroment which hopefully works in our favor. NU, Taylor especially, have done a pretty good job taking care of the ball this year, which I think bodes well for us. I think NU will need to control the clock, and protect our secondary, and if we do that I think we have a pretty decent shot at winning. But Texas is a pretty solid team, and NU will need to play mistake free football.

Frozen Sooner
10/15/2006, 07:50 PM

I think we ran out of scholarships in Dillard's class for any more LBs. We got three LBs that were all ranked higher than Dillard-Reynolds, Lofton, Robinson. I don't know if I'd consider him a "miss." Reynolds was going to start this year before getting hurt and Lofton is getting time. Robinson has apparently had problems picking up the defense, though.

bixby28
10/15/2006, 07:50 PM
Ok, i'm not up on all the recruiting stuff like a lot of you are, but who are the best players right now in college that are from Oklahoma, but are playing at other schools? Obviously Meachem and Paul Smith come to mind immediately, but who else is out there that we missed on?

Meacham was a great player at Booker T. Washington, but as an ex coach i watched him his senior year and wasn't real impressed with him when he DIDN'T have the ball. They beat Bixby that night because of him, but if any other player acted the way he did (walking to the huddle, spiking the ball when he was tackled, prima donna-type conduct) they should ride the bench until they can change their attitude.

He's an athlete, i'll give him that.