PDA

View Full Version : Not sure which bothers me more..

Crimsontothecore
10/14/2006, 08:53 PM
The fact that AD is still playing when the game was in hand....or the fact that he took that stupid dive when he didn't need to. After the game, Al Eschback..eshbac....THE MIDGET was going ballistic at the suggestion that AD should have been on the bench, as if I. State was going to score three times in the last 6 minutes.
The dive was just plain stupid considering the fact that if he went down we would have had a 1st and goal from about the 1 1/2 yard line.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 08:55 PM
I don't think he was in the game because we were worried about ISU coming back. I think we were worried about Gute or Patrick fumbling the ball to Iowa State a few times.

And about the dive - if you're a yard and a half from the endzone on a 50-yard run, someone grabs your leg, and your dad is watching from the stands for the first time in your collegiate career, are YOU going to just fall over, or are you going to try like hell to get in that endzone?

Sometimes stuff just happens.

Soonerus
10/14/2006, 08:57 PM
His foot was grabbed that caused him to go down...

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2006, 08:58 PM
Blame the IState defender for even trying to tackle him when it was clear he had a TD; damn him!!!!!!!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/14/2006, 08:59 PM
Wow I can honestly say, I never thought a person would be at fault for trying to hard!!! I mean seriously...don't fight for extra yards...you might get hurt. Give me a ****ing break, he was giving it everything he could and got hurt, it's not like PS2 people, there isn't a reset button, you don't get to try things until you figure it out.

jbstrick
10/14/2006, 09:02 PM
His foot was grabbed that caused him to go down...

I agree anyone who watches the whole play will see that the defender grabbed his foot.

Crimsontothecore
10/14/2006, 09:03 PM
You are all probably right but it just looked like another example of AD trying to do too much. I still don't buy that he was needed in the game at that point. He was still running for stats only....which have now ended for his career. I guess Sims record will stand a while longer.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 09:04 PM
I agree anyone who watches the whole play will see that the defender grabbed his foot.

Well, yeah. That's what defenders do. They try to tackle people.

OKLA21FAN
10/14/2006, 09:05 PM
#28 has made a pluthera of 'dives' just like that for TD scores. it was just one of those fluke dealios imo

birddog
10/14/2006, 09:06 PM
You are all probably right but it just looked like another example of AD trying to do too much. I still don't buy that he was needed in the game at that point. He was still running for stats only....which have now ended for his career. I guess Sims record will stand a while longer.

he's trying to live up to the hype.:rolleyes:

Soonerus
10/14/2006, 09:07 PM
He was trying to score a fricken TD for his team....

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 09:08 PM
Honestly, if AD is uninjured, it's the coaches' decision whether or not to pull him. But if he was the kind of player to just fall over when someone grabs his foot (read: tries to tackle him) instead of fighting like hell to get in the endzone, I don't think I'd want him on my team. Granted I'd prefer not to see him get hurt, but sometimes freaky things happen.

This argument makes no sense.

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 09:09 PM

yes. I'm sure he was running only for stats and not at all because his dad was in the stands. :rolleyes:

RacerX
10/14/2006, 09:09 PM
I can't believe AD plays in a contact sport!!!

OMG!!!!

birddog
10/14/2006, 09:10 PM
Honestly, if AD is uninjured, it's the coaches' decision whether or not to pull him. But if he was the kind of player to just fall over when someone grabs his foot (read: tries to tackle him) instead of fighting like hell to get in the endzone, I don't think I'd want him on my team. Granted I'd prefer not to see him get hurt, but sometimes freaky things happen.

This argument makes no sense.

well, this is the guy that said peterson was overrated and didn't dominate like he should, or "hasn't lived up to the hype."

OKC-SLC
10/14/2006, 09:24 PM
The Oregon game is proof enough that no lead is safe with time on the clock.

AD busts his *** for this team, and he would never Reggie Bush a play. To suggest he was showboating is absolutely irresponsible and at the very least inflammatory.

Stitch Face
10/14/2006, 09:26 PM
I've been saying it all along! AD is too valuable; he should slide on every play.

olevetonahill
10/14/2006, 09:28 PM
well, this is the guy that said peterson was overrated and didn't dominate like he should, or "hasn't lived up to the hype."
splaine that statement please ?

BOONE -r- SOONER
10/14/2006, 09:31 PM
didn't need to dive to reach the endzone to score. I just feel sorry that he had to end his OU career that way.

On a positive note, how many OU greats have ended their careers running 50 or more yards for a score. It was one of his great runs.

GOOD LUCK, AD!

birddog
10/14/2006, 09:35 PM
an auburn player did a flip into the end zone after he returned a blocked punt.

he stood up and celebrated.

sanantoniosooner
10/14/2006, 09:36 PM
Am I the only one that saw the ISU player hit his leg?

I mean, how many times can we lay this on AD?

Geez

OnlyOneOklahoma
10/14/2006, 09:36 PM
he pulled off of the would be tackler and dove, i think it was a neccessary manuever almost, i just wish he hadnt landed on his side...

jbstrick
10/14/2006, 09:37 PM
Am I the only one that saw the ISU player hit his leg?

We have a WINNER!!!!!! :pop:

OKC-SLC
10/14/2006, 09:55 PM
when AD dived unnecessarily into the endzone, puppies and kittens died long painful deaths from cancer.

and old grannies everywhere were struck unwittingly by traffic.

tomtom
10/14/2006, 10:04 PM
if he had of laid down on the two yard line we all would of had shift fit. go sooners

birddog
10/14/2006, 10:07 PM
splaine that statement please ?
crimsontothecore started a thread that got alot of people worked up by saying ad hasn't lived up to the hype yet, so on and so forth.

just skylarking around.

Ike
10/14/2006, 10:08 PM
Sorry but I'm just not ****ed about this at all. AD got hurt doing what AD does...which is play hard regardless of the situation. Of all the emotions this sooner has experienced this season, the only one I have now is sadness. Sad that we may not ever see him again in a Sooner uniform. Sad that this had to happen in the first game his father got to see in person. Sad that our team has a much tougher road ahead of them without him.

But I don't blame the coaches, AD, or whoever else you might want to lay blame on. I just hope I get the oppurtunity to see him play football again. Whether its in a Sooner uniform or an NFL uniform. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

birddog
10/14/2006, 10:10 PM
thank you ike for bringing some common sense and decency to this thread.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 10:10 PM
nevermind.

TrophyCollector
10/14/2006, 10:14 PM
hell no, AD came here in a blaze of glory and he went out in a blaze of glory. That dude played as hard as he could on every play he ever played at OU.

If he didn't dive on that play, then he wouldn't have been AD.

Whatever happens, thank you AD! We'll remember you forever.

afs
10/14/2006, 10:17 PM
it's all chuck long's fault.

Ruuuuuufus
10/14/2006, 10:18 PM
We were only up by 2 scores, there's 6 minutes left, and our backup RB has fumble problems. If the Oregon game taught us anything it was that no lead is safe, especially with six minutes left to go. AD wasn't out there to pad stats, he was out there to help us win the game. Iowa State was marching right down the field before Debo came up with that int.

GottaHavePride
Damn that ISU defender for actually trying to tackle AD!

Gandalf_The_Grey
didn't need to dive to reach the endzone to score. I just feel sorry that he had to end his OU career that way.

On a positive note, how many OU greats have ended their careers running 50 or more yards for a score. It was one of his great runs.

GOOD LUCK, AD!

Well since this is like the 4th thread started with some variation of "he shouldn't have been diving in the end zone" I would be willing to bet others felt that way even though all of the threads were the succ!

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2006, 10:20 PM
yes. I'm sure he was running only for stats and not at all because his dad was in the stands. :rolleyes:

Exactly . . .

OUinFLA
10/14/2006, 10:20 PM
Im with Ike

sanantoniosooner
10/14/2006, 10:21 PM
Im with Ike
Is he dressed sexy?

Ike
10/14/2006, 10:25 PM
Is he dressed sexy?
you have no idea

DrZaius
10/14/2006, 10:26 PM
it's all chuck long's fault.

SWEET.....ROTFLMAO

85sooners
10/14/2006, 10:32 PM

GOOD LUCK, AD! did you not watch the play:confused:

Crimsontothecore
10/14/2006, 10:35 PM
We were only up by 2 scores, there's 6 minutes left, and our backup RB has fumble problems. If the Oregon game taught us anything it was that no lead is safe, especially with six minutes left to go. AD wasn't out there to pad stats, he was out there to help us win the game. Iowa State was marching right down the field before Debo came up with that int.
27-9 is only two scores?? Is that new math you're using?

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/14/2006, 10:38 PM
Math smack from a guy that would rather a player just fall down rather than fight for yards...makes sense!

Mazeppa

No, I'm sure there are some other dumb asses like you out there.

Crimsontothecore
And you're ok with that? WOW, I guess his dad seeing him play to the end is more important than the rest of the season:rolleyes: amazing!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/14/2006, 10:39 PM
Holy ****!!! I was just watching West Virginia's highlights...and their asshat qb dove for a touchdown!!! What a dumb ***!! I mean seriously he would have been down at the 2 if he just fell down! Why risk West Virginia's National Title hopes trying to score a touchdown!!!

birddog
10/14/2006, 10:41 PM
well, we could sit him on the bench and let him build his rep based on potential.

Crimsontothecore
10/14/2006, 10:41 PM
Math smack from a guy that would rather a player just fall down rather than fight for yards...makes sense!
Fine, I concede that there is nothing wrong with diving for the endzone since it's an attempt to score but there is no way to argue that he needed to be in the game with 6 minutes left when we are up by THREE scores.

sanantoniosooner
10/14/2006, 10:42 PM
And you're ok with that? WOW, I guess his dad seeing him play to the end is more important than the rest of the season:rolleyes: amazing!
They call the play. You have to run it. It's called 28 tailback bonesnap.

AD is a trooper for giving his all.

SoonerLB
10/14/2006, 10:54 PM
The collarbone injury is a bad deal, but I fail to understand how anyone can question AD's effort and desire to win. It is just an unfortunate if not freak injury, and as far as I'm concerned, there is no blame to be placed on anyone. It's football people, those things happen.
And I am with those that say he should have been in the game, because no lead is big enough as far as I'm concerned. I never want to see another debacle like we saw in Oregon, EVER!

SOONER44EVER
10/14/2006, 10:57 PM
I agree it was just a freak injury but IMO there was still no reason to dive just as there was no reason to dive on the TD he scored last week. And there was really no reason for him to still be in the game.

sanantoniosooner
10/14/2006, 11:00 PM
There really was no reason for the other players to go down and celebrate with him too.

They could have turned an ankle.

JohnnyMack
10/14/2006, 11:01 PM
What a ********* of a thread.

birddog
10/14/2006, 11:03 PM
i think some of you people sat behind me today.
don't throw! throw it! give it to ad! throw it!
ad should have 300 yards by now! pull ad out!

some people aren't going to be happy no matter what.

sanantoniosooner
10/14/2006, 11:04 PM
I really shouldn't be posting about this.

I could get carpal tunnel.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/14/2006, 11:04 PM
This brings up the valid point of the ******-baggery of Jason White!! I mean seriously when he tore his ACL, he was getting out of the pocket...if he stayed in the pocket like a good boy we have 52 National Titles!!

JohnnyMack
10/14/2006, 11:05 PM
This brings up the valid point of the ******-baggery of Jason White!! I mean seriously when he tore his ACL, he was getting out of the pocket...if he stayed in the pocket like a good boy we have 52 National Titles!!

True dat.

Fugger.

Him. Not you.

Crimsontothecore
10/14/2006, 11:15 PM
crimsontothecore started a thread that got alot of people worked up by saying ad hasn't lived up to the hype yet, so on and so forth.

just skylarking around.

Looks like I was right huh? although Most people here will go ahead and give him the OU rushing record based on "what ifs" and hype. Truth is, the rushing record was set by a player who wasn't the ONLY running back Switzer used all season. Sims record is even more outstanding considering he did it while sharing carries with other backs in the triple-option days. Sims was never treated as if he were the ONLY back on the team.

sanantoniosooner
10/14/2006, 11:17 PM
Why don't you comment on actual statement instead of what you assume somebody might say?

birddog
10/14/2006, 11:32 PM
Looks like I was right huh? although Most people here will go ahead and give him the OU rushing record based on "what ifs" and hype. Truth is, the rushing record was set by a player who wasn't the ONLY running back Switzer used all season. Sims record is even more outstanding considering he did it while sharing carries with other backs in the triple-option days. Sims was never treated as if he were the ONLY back on the team.

right about not living up to the hype? you never told me exactly what the hype surrounding him was,other than he finished 2nd in heisman balloting and rushed for more yards than any freshman in history. what else do you want him to do?

he'll be a top 10 pick.

you're not even close to right.

Ash
10/15/2006, 12:36 AM

Did AD steal your girlfriend or something? I don't understand why any Sooner fan would take this opportunity to bash the guy. Your arguments make no sense in light of ADs career and the context of the current situation.

Silly me, I thought the worst of the *********gery would end once there was some distance from the saxeT game. This has taken it to a new level.

Fraggle145
10/15/2006, 12:48 AM

and you didnt want him to win the heisman... when you can convince me of that, then I will say he shouldnt have been in the game... goddammit people quit being Friggin idiots and realize 2 things- this is a game, and stoops knows more than you. You think he doesnt know what we want; what AD wants, man you all are the most fairweather sonsabitches I've ever heard. no we dont want a heisman, we want to go 10-2, we dont wanna go 10-2, we want a heisman... damn I would go crazy. you are not the coach, he is better than you could ever do, get over yourself and quit acting like you know college football because you go to the game on saturdays and post on soonerfans.com... I got news for you, you dont. If thats all it took then you would all be on the sidelines, but guess what you arent. we have one of the most billy bad a$$ coaches in america and man we sure like to say we know better. just ridiculous. dont try hard... save yourself, we need you next week... we dont care what you do for us. some of you really pi$$ me off.

Fraggle145
10/15/2006, 01:02 AM
BTW how the **** is crimson still green, neg me to hell for calling his *** out, but damn, he reeks of NickZepp and I only know that guy by his recorded posts on the board... idiot logic, no basis for anything, gay stat here and there, bam, fVck he's banned. Crimson is an a$$hat. dont give a damn, save your dumb crap about you being better than everyone for the aggie boards.

birddog
10/15/2006, 08:54 AM
:les: LET 'ER RIP!!!

stoopified
10/15/2006, 09:12 AM
$hit Happens.Time to get over it and get ready for the Buffs.

Jock Ewing
10/15/2006, 09:29 AM
I am a Longhorn. Peterson exceeded the hype. He was probably the best player in college football this season.

For examples of running backs who did not live up to their hype, see Lorenzo Booker and Gerald Riggs, Jr.

Also, with 6 minutes left and OU up by 3 scores, I don't think a comeback was impossible (especially if you take out AD and replace him with backups who have fumble issues). I'm sure he would have come out of the game after the last TD.

Good kid and great player. I am pretty sure he will go pro. He deserves it.

sooner n houston
10/15/2006, 12:01 PM
BTW how the **** is crimson still green, neg me to hell for calling his *** out, but damn, he reeks of NickZepp and I only know that guy by his recorded posts on the board... idiot logic, no basis for anything, gay stat here and there, bam, fVck he's banned. Crimson is an a$$hat. dont give a damn, save your dumb crap about you being better than everyone for the aggie boards.

I'm in, done hit him on the first post of this thread. What a ****** bag! This should be a time to celebrate the accomplishments of one of the greatest backs to ever wear the crimson and creme, which is saying ALOT. It is not the time to be bashing ANYONE! Its football people, injuries happen, get over it.