PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lining

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2006, 08:46 PM
The defense has come around.

Three games in a row holding an opponent under 250 yards.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I thought they showed flashes of their old attitude today. Although Best Hit still goes to Allen Patrick. (That dude got Knocked Tha F*** Out!)

If they could just manage to do it for a whole game instead of having a couple of series that go flat...

Frozen Sooner
10/14/2006, 08:54 PM
GHP, even the great defenses of the first half of the decade would go flat or buggy for a series or two in a game. Heck, even in the FSU game the first play out of the box FSU got a long completion.

I don't worry about OU giving up a scoring drive on a long pass so much as I do teams sustaining drives. A long play speaks to one missed assignment. A sustained drive speaks to players consistently getting beat.

Rhino
10/14/2006, 09:01 PM
Darien Williams had a whale of a game.

TMcGee86
10/14/2006, 10:53 PM
tackling was much improved today.

I actually saw numerous form tackles. That's the OU D I know and love.

I was really happy with the way the D played today. Only bad thing, still no pressure from the DE's.

But at least the DT's seemed to step up today.

colleyvillesooner
10/14/2006, 10:56 PM
Darien Williams, Nic Harris and Lendy Holmes had a whale of a game.

Fixed

IronSooner
10/14/2006, 11:09 PM
Yep, I was much more encouraged by the DB play today. DL still worries me a little bit, but the run support of the DBs was reminiscent of the early 00's. Darien played like I expected him to last year, and I was glad to see Marcus and Lendy getting in on it. Now I'd just like to see some LBs shooting gaps and causing havoc in the backfield...

TheUnnamedSooner
10/14/2006, 11:13 PM
It's a good thing isu's receivers can't catch ;)

GrapevineSooner
10/15/2006, 12:39 AM
Yup, the defense and the coaches deserve props for how today's game was played.

Tackling was much improved and we seemed to be able to get consistent pressure on Meier all game long.

soonerhubs
10/15/2006, 12:47 AM
I feel like the Defense is really beginning to gel. Not to be talking about next season, but how many of these men do we retain as veterans for another season?