PDA

View Full Version : AD's injury could be a blessing in disguise...

Soonerus
10/14/2006, 08:01 PM
...it will help everybody realize there is a lot of talent on this team besides AD. Don't take this wrong I think AD is one of the greatest of all time but sometimes adversity can pull a team together like nothing else...I still look to run the table the rest of this year....

StoopTroup
10/14/2006, 08:03 PM
yep

Soonerus
10/14/2006, 08:04 PM
We have outstanding talent on offense and defense that has somewhat been overlooked by AD's large shadow...

tbl
10/14/2006, 08:35 PM
Somebody posted that theory after the saxeT loss that I thought made sense. Of course I didn't want it to happen until he left on his own after this year to see it tested, but oh well. Now we'll see what this team is really made of.

Crimsontothecore
10/14/2006, 08:36 PM
I'm just thankful it wasn't Thompson that went down. We would really be screwed then.

Scott D
10/14/2006, 08:37 PM
someone will be hearing from legal representation for idea plagarization soon

Soonerus
10/14/2006, 08:37 PM
AD will recover and make millions of dollars...it could be a lot worse, e.g. Bomar...

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2006, 08:44 PM
Heh

someone will be hearing from legal representation for idea plagarization soon

FlatheadSooner
10/14/2006, 08:45 PM
...it will help everybody realize there is a lot of talent on this team besides AD. Don't take this wrong I think AD is one of the greatest of all time but sometimes adversity can pull a team together like nothing else...I still look to run the table the rest of this year....

Yeah, just didn't expect two "team killers" in one season. :O

However, I will choose to believe that OU is bigger than any individiual!! :cool:

XUS-KCAM
10/14/2006, 08:50 PM
Can anyone say Troy Aikman? I know he wasn't the greatest when he went down.....but a freshman steps in to fill the void....every true Sooner fan know how that turned out! Funny thing about karma.....it always comes back around;) ;)

Soonerus
10/14/2006, 08:51 PM
We are due some good Karma...

soonerhubs
10/14/2006, 09:05 PM
We are due some good Karma...
I surely hope so.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/14/2006, 09:06 PM
I don't think there is any way it can be this year. It could be long term. This year our offense just got a lot less dynamic..but it is also less predictable.

Patrick is a capable back. I just don't think there is any way he is ready to carry the ball 20 times a game. Is Gute back enough to carry some of the load? Which R/S are we pulling, because at least one of our freshman are going to see some action.

I thought before AD went down we were going to run the table. Now I think we lose one somewhere (@MU or @aTm most likely) along the way.

I do think that 90% of the talking heads out there are going to talk as it that minus AD we might as well be OSU and that is either just being provocative, stupid or both.

TUSooner
10/15/2006, 12:10 AM
Somebody posted that theory after the saxeT loss that I thought made sense. Of course I didn't want it to happen until he left on his own after this year to see it tested, but oh well. Now we'll see what this team is really made of.
Yeah, I was looking for that thread. It was interesting, and now is suddenly too relevant.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I was looking for that thread. It was interesting, and now is suddenly too relevant.

really no...I don't think that needs to be dredged up sir.

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2006, 01:13 AM

Your really drinking the Kool-aid on this one. 30% of our scoring is gone.

There is NO WAY this is even close to being a blessing in disguise. Not when you just lost the best damn football player in the nation, and all we have left is what amounts to a linebacker who has a fumbling problem backing him up, a wideout playing QB, a line that is shakey at best.

We couldn't win on the road WITH AD this season, and we have 4 road games coming up. I fear the rest of this season is gonna be very long.

Thank GAWD ENA is playing as well as he is and we have some kickass WRs. I hope I am proven very wrong.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2006, 04:41 AM
Why does everyone act like PT was always a wide receiver? He's a leader and a quarterback who was enough of a team player to play wide receiver for awhile.

Taxman71
10/15/2006, 07:38 AM
The only blessing in disguise is for AD himself. Broken collarbones are fairly igsignificant injuries except for missing games. No long term effects or reoccurences are likely. AD, who should have gotten paid 2 years ago, will now likely be fully healthy for the combines (no bad knees or broken leg bones) and be able to take care of his family for life. Remember the RB at Louisville that had a rod put in leg after the first game? or Prothro? The way AD runs so tough and seeks contact always had me worried he might go down with something serious.

stoopified
10/15/2006, 09:33 AM
Well I can't buy the blessing in disguise part but I can ride with everything else.

Soonerus
10/15/2006, 09:35 AM
We might actually become a better "Team"......

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 09:41 AM
It's possible.

SoonerGOP
10/15/2006, 02:40 PM
It is the best thing to happen to OU's team...if getting ready for next year is our goal for the rest of the season.

It is the absolute worst thing to happen...if our goal was BCS game as Big XII champ. Now we are going to have to really fight to win games. But that may help us with the polls (if we win out without AD).

What gets me about this is that I'm not sick about it for our team. I'm saddened and disappointed, sure. But I'm not as upset as I was at Jason's two injuries. I'm also positive that I've seen AD's last game in Crimson and Cream. Just hoping the Redskins will draft him this year...