PDA

View Full Version : oh, and by the way students....

OUAndy1807
10/14/2006, 07:46 PM
way to show up to support your team today. nothing like the student section being 2/3 full to motivate the team to bounce back after a tough loss to our biggest rival.

someone should have taken pictures of the stadium today to show whenever people start talking about another major expansion. two losses, both to ranked team, and the stadium had tons of empty seats, so lets add some more.

boomersooner82
10/14/2006, 07:48 PM
True... the whole crowd was a little down (disappointing enough), but the student turnout was pathetic

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2006, 07:50 PM
The real question is if people will show up knowing that AD won't be playing.

Sad as it is . . .

Flagstaffsooner
10/14/2006, 07:52 PM
I noticed that on TV. Upper student section was sparse. Transfer to osu people and go to wrasseling matches.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 07:56 PM
I was there. Stayed till the end, too. And I made a lot of noise.

I expect to recieve a phone call from the University of Tennessee asking me to be quiet. ;)

bri
10/14/2006, 08:00 PM
Well, not that their absence isn't inexcusable...but it WAS a damn 11:30 kickoff. ;)

OUAndy1807
10/14/2006, 08:05 PM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/Andy1807/IMAGE_00023.jpg

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 08:07 PM
Oh, I couldn't see over that far. that DOES f'in suck.

Flagstaffsooner
10/14/2006, 08:07 PM
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/Andy1807/IMAGE_00023.jpgI did some of my best drinking there.

Soonerus
10/14/2006, 08:11 PM
I always feel it is the team's obligation to fill the stands or create cheering from the fans and not vica-versa...

OUAndy1807
10/14/2006, 08:12 PM
I always feel it is the team's obligation to fill the stands or create cheering from the fans and not vica-versa...
so it's the teams fault that the fans didn't show up because they lost to a very good Texas team and got screwed at Oregan?

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 08:13 PM
what, you want them to stand on the street corners and help out the scalpers?

BajaOklahoma
10/14/2006, 08:17 PM
PG, did you end up going to the game?

Soonerus
10/14/2006, 08:20 PM
I am just saying the "product" fills the stands and creates the cheering...think back to 2000....

jk the sooner fan
10/14/2006, 08:20 PM
the loudest BOOOOOOOOO i ever heard was in Memorial Stadium today

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 08:21 PM
PG, did you end up going to the game?
yeah--i just had an extra ticket to sell because Iggy's in NYC

SoonerInKCMO
10/14/2006, 08:21 PM
Oh yeah - them damn students... don't they know the whole purpose of going to OU is to be a fan of the football team? **** being a student. **** having a life of your own and deciding that "hey, maybe there are other things that I'd rather do on a Saturday than going to a football game."

The University of Oklahoma is a university that happens to have a football team. Not a team that happens to have a few classes people go to on occasion. You dip****s need to get some perspective.

OUAndy1807
10/14/2006, 08:25 PM
Oh yeah - them damn students... don't they know the whole purpose of going to OU is to be a fan of the football team? **** being a student. **** having a life of your own and deciding that "hey, maybe there are other things that I'd rather do on a Saturday than going to a football game."

The University of Oklahoma is a university that happens to have a football team. Not a team that happens to have a few classes people go to on occasion. You dip****s need to get some perspective.

whatever you say, t-bird.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 08:25 PM

I remember the KU game in 2000 - by the end of the game we were so ****ed at the refs that we booed after every freakin' play, good or bad. That was awesome.

OUstud
10/14/2006, 08:26 PM
Holy crap. I couldn't see that far over from where I sit on the east side. That is bad, like Blake-bad. I did very much appreciate the innovative students who turned the BOOMER SOONER cards into BONER on the big screen. :D

Rhino
10/14/2006, 08:26 PM
the loudest BOOOOOOOOO i ever heard was in Memorial Stadium today You mean the "that Iowa State ****ing player punched our guy and we get a 15-yard penalty? I'm about to choke a bitch!" play?

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 08:28 PM
Holy crap. I couldn't see that far over from where I sit on the east side. That is bad, like Blake-bad. I did very much appreciate the innovative students who turned the BOOMER SOONER cards into BONER on the big screen. :D

oh, they were quite creative. The guy in front of us was spelling out "BOOB"

1stTimeCaller
10/14/2006, 08:30 PM

Then they need to either not buy season tickets or they need to give/sell them to people that want to go.

And why is anyone a dip**** when they point out that we can't fill up our stadium every game so there's no need to expand it?

The 'other thing' they had to do was to nurse a hangover they got from Friday night.

OnlyOneOklahoma
10/14/2006, 08:33 PM
I was ashamed to see ISU fans in Donor seating on the pressbox side 45 yardline lower level about 15 rows up...very depressing. And i am in the pride and was sad to see us turn to play Boomer at the end of pregame and see an entire section empty

Vaevictis
10/14/2006, 08:35 PM
Then they need to either not buy season tickets or they need to give/sell them to people that want to go.

You do realize that the students have to pick up the tickets the week of the game, only Mon-Wed, and they go on sale on Thursday if they don't pick em up, right?

I doubt ALL of those students failed to pick up their tickets; I bet a good chunk of those were tickets that just didn't sell.

SoonerInKCMO
10/14/2006, 08:36 PM
And why is anyone a dip**** when they point out that we can't fill up our stadium every game so there's no need to expand it?

I don't think that does make anyone a dip****. I think that's a valid point. I just think it's stupid to call out students for not showing up to the game - as if it's some sort of requirement for OU students to be die-hard football fans.

Rhino
10/14/2006, 08:36 PM
I was ashamed to see ISU fans in Donor seating on the pressbox side 45 yardline lower level about 15 rows up...very depressing. That's not that big of a deal. I'm sitting in A&M donor seats when we play them later this season. Sometimes people are friends with fans of other teams. It's crazy, I know.

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 08:38 PM
you can't blame the people in the stands for there not being many people there, and you can't blame the people who weren't there unless you blame every sooner fan in the country and not just the students.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/14/2006, 08:39 PM
I blame Brent Venables!

1stTimeCaller
10/14/2006, 08:42 PM
I don't think that does make anyone a dip****. I think that's a valid point. I just think it's stupid to call out students for not showing up to the game - as if it's some sort of requirement for OU students to be die-hard football fans.

There are what, 25,000 students at OU? How many tickets are sold to students? I don't know but I'm willing to bet that it's nowhere near 25,000.

It seems to me that Andy was calling out the students that purchased student tickets and didn't show up and using them as a good exapmle as to why we don't need to expand the stadium.

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 08:44 PM
Know what? Iggy didn't come to the game because he's in New York City having a lesson with a trumpet professor up there. He tried to sell his ticket and nobody wanted it. I fail to see how that's his fault.

SoonerInKCMO
10/14/2006, 08:44 PM
Well, if we're just talking about people that buy tickets and then don't show up and don't try to sell the tickets to anyone else... then, yeah, they're goobers.

It's been too long since I was a student for me to remember how all that crap works. And I'm sure it's changed 13 or 14 times since then anyway.

1stTimeCaller
10/14/2006, 08:46 PM
you can't blame the people in the stands for there not being many people there, and you can't blame the people who weren't there unless you blame every sooner fan in the country and not just the students.

but you can blame those that have season tickets and don't use them can't you?

Anyhoo, I guess everyone is in agreement that we don't need to expand our stadium?

SoonerInKCMO
10/14/2006, 08:46 PM
Know what? Iggy didn't come to the game because he's in New York City having a lesson with a trumpet professor up there. He tried to sell his ticket and nobody wanted it. I fail to see how that's his fault.

It's his fault for having a name like Iggy. Always confuses the hell outta me. http://www.thechestnut.com/ziggy/ziggy.jpg

RacerX
10/14/2006, 08:47 PM
That's nice. Rus supports bandwagoning and fairweather fans.

Be there, be loud.

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 08:51 PM
It's his fault for having a name like Iggy. Always confuses the hell outta me. http://www.thechestnut.com/ziggy/ziggy.jpg

He doesn't have a name like Iggy. His last name is Ignas

yermom
10/14/2006, 08:52 PM
Well, if we're just talking about people that buy tickets and then don't show up and don't try to sell the tickets to anyone else... then, yeah, they're goobers.

It's been too long since I was a student for me to remember how all that crap works. And I'm sure it's changed 13 or 14 times since then anyway.

there are lots that do this... and then there are people who can't buy them

there are people who do this just to get Texas tickets to sell as well

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 08:52 PM
but you can blame those that have season tickets and don't use them can't you?

Anyhoo, I guess everyone is in agreement that we don't need to expand our stadium?

why? just because it'll look bad at games? If we have a bigger stadium even more people can buy season tickets and not use them if they want and the university will get more money.

yermom
10/14/2006, 08:53 PM
heh

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2006, 08:55 PM
Well, not that their absence isn't inexcusable...but it WAS a damn 11:30 kickoff. ;)
Agreed; most of them were probably still sleeping off the hangover from Friday night:D

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2006, 08:55 PM
But this is also just another reason that we should never have 11:30 kickoffs

1stTimeCaller
10/14/2006, 08:56 PM
yes. if we can't fill it up every game then we don't want to build it. there are too many fans like soonerus that only want to be there when we are undefeated. when you bring recruits to games and the student section is empty that does not leave them with a good impression of us.

1stTimeCaller
10/14/2006, 08:59 PM
what happens when we add 20,000 seats and we have two seasons of 7 or 8 wins? what about 6 wins?

OUAndy1807
10/14/2006, 09:25 PM
1tc is getting half of my argument. The next time someone mentions bowling in the stadium, I'm breaking that picture out.

I'm not talking about being a hardcore fan. I have buddies who live and die with the Sooners. I'm far from that. I understand that ocassionally you will have family or work duties that keep you from attending, and that's fine. What we had today was not that. It was a bunch of bandwagon fans who decided that they couldn't be bothered to get up because we've got a couple of losses and the kick was a little early.

To me, Soonerus' take on this is the definition of a bandwagon fan. I'll be there cheering on years that we win the championship, but don't expect me to roll out to games if the product on the field isn't that good.

This team has had a lot of controversy and adversity to fight through. They got screwed in Oregon and beat (last week) by their archrival in a game in which they won every statistical category but turnovers and score. These are a bunch of 18-22 year old kids and we can't show up to show them that we support them and appreciate their efforts on and off the field?

SoonerInKCMO
10/14/2006, 09:42 PM
He doesn't have a name like Iggy. His last name is Ignas

:les: I KNOW THAT; I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE A JOKE!!!

proud gonzo
10/14/2006, 09:44 PM
:les: I KNOW THAT; I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE A JOKE!!! :les: WELL IT WASN'T A VERY GOOD ONE NOW WAS IT!!

:D

bri
10/14/2006, 09:50 PM
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!!

OKC-SLC
10/14/2006, 09:52 PM
LOUD NOISES!!!1

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/14/2006, 09:52 PM
IT'S ALL IGGY'S FAULT!!!! SOMEONE GET THE TORCHES...WE'S ABOUT TO LYNCH US A PRETTY LITTLE MUSICIAN!!!!

SeattleOUstudent
10/14/2006, 10:20 PM
Maybe if we had a band that was worth a damn, people would show up. A&M could fill our stands. Maybe thats because their band is really good? :)

TheUnnamedSooner
10/14/2006, 10:30 PM
It was the student section that didn't show up. They should cut the number of tickets students get and give out to people that want season tickets and want to go to the games. Even in 2000, we had games where the students didn't show up in full force. Another annoying thing was the students trying to start the wave when we had the ball and it was 3rd and 10. We didn't even have the spread beat at that point....

Sooner24
10/14/2006, 10:35 PM
I think what they should do is average out how many student tickets are used during the season and then reduce the amount of student tickets down to the average. When there are 2,000 less tickets the next year then the seats might be full in the student section. If not do it again.

They should do the same thing at the mens basketball games, excluding the Christmas break games.

1stTimeCaller
10/14/2006, 10:40 PM
It was the student section that didn't show up. They should cut the number of tickets students get and give out to people that want season tickets and want to go to the games. Even in 2000, we had games where the students didn't show up in full force. Another annoying thing was the students trying to start the wave when we had the ball and it was 3rd and 10. We didn't even have the spread beat at that point....

that was Andy1807 and he was trying to start the 'ShockWave'.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/14/2006, 10:42 PM
ohhhhh! The shockWave, that makes it ok. There should not be anything like that going on anytime we are on offense.

BajaOklahoma
10/14/2006, 10:42 PM
what happens when we add 20,000 seats and we have two seasons of 7 or 8 wins? what about 6 wins?

I'll get season tickets again? :D

They should have a point system for the students like they do for the regular ticket holders. Freshmen won't be affected anyway as they get whatever is still available.

SeattleOUstudent
10/14/2006, 10:53 PM
ohhhhh! The shockWave, that makes it ok. There should not be anything like that going on anytime we are on offense.

whaaa????
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PS/7655~Shocker-Posters.jpg

Sooner98
10/14/2006, 10:53 PM
In defense of the students, it did actually fill in a bit more, after that picture was taken (about ten minutes before kickoff).

NOT in defense of the students, what reason do you have (other than being a fairweather, bandwagon fan) to attend every game in full force, and then all of the sudden when we have two losses, you have "other things to do" on a Saturday morning/afternoon in mid-October?

SoonerJason
10/14/2006, 10:55 PM
If I lived within 400 miles of Norman.. I would be there every freaking Satuday.. Early.. With my stainless grill and 20 pounds of beef and a keg of Coors light.

Hell.. I think I am the only person trying to move to OK..

colleyvillesooner
10/14/2006, 10:57 PM
And can someone tell them not to start the wave when we are trying to convert a third down late in the game and it's supposed to be quiet.

Nobody ****ing likes the wave.

Edit: Just noticed this was covered, but it can't be stressed enough.

SoonerJason
10/14/2006, 10:57 PM
And I'm drunk :)

Boomer

sooner KB
10/14/2006, 10:59 PM
And can someone tell them not to start the wave when we are trying to convert a third down late in the game and it's supposed to be quiet.

Nobody ****ing likes the wave.

Edit: Just noticed this was covered, but it can't be stressed enough.

And on top of that they tried to start it at least 10 times in a row. I think they need to just stop after it doesn't work the third time. It wasn't even making it past section 27 for crying out loud.

Sooner24
10/14/2006, 11:00 PM
In defense of the students, it did actually fill in a bit more, after that picture was taken (about ten minutes before kickoff).

NOT in defense of the students, what reason do you have (other than being a fairweather, bandwagon fan) to attend every game in full force, and then all of the sudden when we have two losses, you have "other things to do" on a Saturday morning/afternoon in mid-October?

That wasn't the students that was just people spreading out so they would have more room.

AlabamaSooner
10/14/2006, 11:05 PM
After going to OU for five years, seeing that picture is pretty depressing. I never saw the student section REMOTELY close to that before. Yeah yeah, it's an 11:30 game...blah blah blah. If you're not going to go to the games and support YOUR team, don't buy the tickets. In my eyes, the fans (especially the students) are as much a part of the team as anyone. They feed off of us and when that many fail to show up...that's just bad.

Here's something to remember for the students. Don't take it for granted that you go to school with one of the most historical football teams in the land. Live it up and enjoy it while you can. Many people like me who have graduated and live out of state would give an arm or leg to attend OU games on a regular basis. Just my 2 cents.

OUAndy1807
10/14/2006, 11:09 PM

3:30 minutes before kickoff, , the pride is marching off.

Don't get me started on the wave. It was cool when I was 4, it's never been cool when the home team is on offense.

and the shockwave was awesome.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/14/2006, 11:09 PM

Um, that section stayed pretty scarce the entire game.

Ruuuuuufus
10/14/2006, 11:16 PM
Any student tickets that aren't picked up can be sold to the general public right?

TheUnnamedSooner
10/14/2006, 11:17 PM
I think it is sold to other students... not sure what happens when other students don't buy them

SoonerGators
10/14/2006, 11:30 PM
I was pretty embarrased we had that pathetic of a turnout. Even last year when things were looking rough there was never a real drop off in attendance from the student section.

And to any students who decided not to go to the game because they had something "better" to do...you suck. It doesn't get any better than gameday and seeing the Sooners play on Saturday. Believe me, you had nothing better to do.

sooner KB
10/14/2006, 11:31 PM
Tickets that aren't picked up are sold Thursday morning to other students.

Also, students that have season tickets but don't want to go to a certain game usually put their tickets for sale on the student network website. For this game, there were a ton of students selling. The prices got pretty low to, down to like $5. I was lucky and sold mine for $15. (I did go to the game, I'm just buying regular tickets now since the student section is so annoying to sit in.)

apusooner
10/14/2006, 11:51 PM
dont you have to have an OU id to sit in the student section? i don't think you can just sell them to anyone.

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 11:54 PM
dont you have to have an OU id to sit in the student section? i don't think you can just sell them to anyone.

Correct, unless you pay the $20 upgrade fee.

SoonerJason
10/14/2006, 11:55 PM
I would show up even if they lose every freaking game.

Boomer

Ruuuuuufus
10/15/2006, 12:00 AM
I looked it up... http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&KEY=&ATCLID=118481

If any tickets remain unclaimed or unsold, then they will be available on Friday to the general public (including students) at public price. Tickets will be on sale from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the OU Athletics Ticket Office.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/15/2006, 09:54 AM
They announced 84K in attendance.

I call BS.

afs
10/15/2006, 10:01 AM
wah

sooner KB
10/15/2006, 11:19 AM
I looked it up... http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=300&KEY=&ATCLID=118481

If any tickets remain unclaimed or unsold, then they will be available on Friday to the general public (including students) at public price. Tickets will be on sale from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the OU Athletics Ticket Office.

Those are regular tickets. We are talking about student tickets.

Ruuuuuufus
10/15/2006, 11:30 AM
Those are regular tickets. We are talking about student tickets.

To me it looks like those are student tickets. It's on the web page that says 2006 OU Student Football Tickets at the top.

Any unclaimed student tickets will be sold beginning Thursday morning of each game week. At this time, students who did not purchase season tickets may purchase these at the student price. The unclaimed tickets may also be sold to students with season tickets as student guest tickets. Guest tickets will be sold at public price and a limit may be placed on the number that each student can purchase.

If any tickets remain unclaimed or unsold, then they will be available on Friday to the general public (including students) at public price. Tickets will be on sale from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the OU Athletics Ticket Office. Below is a schedule of dates the tickets may be sold:

Date Opponent Student Purchase Public Purchase
09/03 UAB Aug. 31 Sept. 1
09/09 Washington Sept. 7 Sept. 8
09/23 Middle Tenn. Sept. 21 Sept. 22
10/14 Iowa State Oct. 12 Oct. 13
10/21 Colorado Oct. 19 Oct. 20
11/11 Texas Tech Nov. 9 Nov. 10

TheUnnamedSooner
10/15/2006, 11:32 AM
Well, obviously it's not common knowledge or I'm sure people would have bought them up...

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 11:39 AM
I think it your responsibility to get someone to go in yOUr place if you can't make it.

I gave two tickets to someone this year and they didn't go.

I won't give them to them again.

They messed up.

jk the sooner fan
10/15/2006, 11:42 AM
You mean the "that Iowa State ****ing player punched our guy and we get a 15-yard penalty? I'm about to choke a bitch!" play?

yeah that one....culminated by the fact that apparently the ref's decided before the game that the offensive penalty of "holding" was no longer in the rule book....and forgot to tell the coaches and fans

proud gonzo
10/15/2006, 11:54 AM
I think it your responsibility to get someone to go in yOUr place if you can't make it.

I gave two tickets to someone this year and they didn't go.

I won't give them to them again.

They messed up.
that's retarded.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 11:57 AM
that's retarded.
Then losing out on points for the Texas lotto is retarded I guess.

I would have hitchhiked my way to the game if I knew they were gonna go to waste.

snp
10/15/2006, 12:04 PM
1700 Students didn't pick up their tickets. Where were all you "great sooner fans" there to buy all those extra tickets? Busy crying about how we should spend our free time?

yermom
10/15/2006, 12:05 PM

I would have hitchhiked my way to the game if I knew they were gonna go to waste.

well, that's different

GottaHavePride
10/15/2006, 12:05 PM

You're still talking in terms of regular-seating tickets. There is no Texas lotto for student tickets - it's first-come, first-served. Sure, we just lost to Texas, and it was an 11:30 kick. This coming week is also, from what I'm hearing, Midterm Week from Hell for most students - I'm sure no one has ever skipped a game because they had a paper due or an exam coming up. :rolleyes:

A lot of times, when something comes up that prevents you from going to the game, every other person you know has the same thing keeping them from going to the game too, and it's impossible to get rid of your tickets. If I know far enough in advance, I just won't pick mine up so they can re-sell them, but if it's last minute sometimes you just can't find anyone to even give them away.

1stTimeCaller
10/15/2006, 12:24 PM
1700 Students didn't pick up their tickets. Where were all you "great sooner fans" there to buy all those extra tickets? Busy crying about how we should spend our free time?

at work paying taxes to keep the tuition that your parnents pay low so you can stay in bed all day Saturday and make us look silly on TV. That's where I was, *******.

snp
10/15/2006, 12:26 PM
at work paying taxes to keep the tuition that your parnents pay low so you can stay in bed all day Saturday and make us look silly on TV. That's where I was, *******.

Payments being so low? Maybe you missed how they keep raising tuition.

Not like many of us don't work all week either.

badger
10/15/2006, 12:31 PM
http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/images_sizedimage_288124331/xl
picture stolen from normantranscript.com

1stTimeCaller
10/15/2006, 01:10 PM
Payments being so low? Maybe you missed how they keep raising tuition.

Not like many of us don't work all week either.

you work? where at? how many hours?

The State pays for 2/3 of your tuition, your parents pick up the other 1/3. What's it cost now? $150/hr with all fees included? It came out to about $100/hr when I was there. Both are dirt cheap.

Get your lazy *** out of bed and to the stadium. It's not hard.

proudsoonergal
10/15/2006, 02:11 PM
I would show up even if they lose every freaking game.

Boomer

I did, when I was at OU. (One year of Gibbs, one of Schnelly, two years of Blake.) On top of that, during that period, I only missed two home games (one for a wedding, one for a conference), and only left one game early (K-State in 1994 - I had a project due on Monday, and was going to be out of town for a pledge thing the rest of the weekend).

Scotty
10/15/2006, 02:15 PM
http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/images_sizedimage_288124331/xl
picture stolen from normantranscript.com

My personal favorite was when a student folded "Boomer" to where it only showed "B-O" and held up a "Sooner" sign next to it that was folded to only show "N-E-R". I bet many people didn't catch that one.:D

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 02:19 PM
You're still talking in terms of regular-seating tickets. There is no Texas lotto for student tickets - it's first-come, first-served. Sure, we just lost to Texas, and it was an 11:30 kick. This coming week is also, from what I'm hearing, Midterm Week from Hell for most students - I'm sure no one has ever skipped a game because they had a paper due or an exam coming up. :rolleyes:

A lot of times, when something comes up that prevents you from going to the game, every other person you know has the same thing keeping them from going to the game too, and it's impossible to get rid of your tickets. If I know far enough in advance, I just won't pick mine up so they can re-sell them, but if it's last minute sometimes you just can't find anyone to even give them away.
It would have to be something pretty important for me not to attend a game as a Student.

Something like a death in the Family or I'm about to flunk out...

Anything else would be retarded. ;)

SoonerGOP
10/15/2006, 02:32 PM
This coming week is also, from what I'm hearing, Midterm Week from Hell for most students - I'm sure no one has ever skipped a game because they had a paper due or an exam coming up. :rolleyes:

When I was at OU, I had two years of Gibbs and one year of ***************. I DIDN'T MISS ONE STINKING GAME AND WE SUCKED! If you are an OU fan and are a ticket holder, you freaking go to the game!!! You don't "study" on game day until afterwards.

And I don't care about beer drinking the night before. You drink all you want, but have your *** in the stands by kickoff, damnit!

Since I first was able to afford to buy my own non-student season tickets, I have missed ONE game for a child's birthday party. I gave my two tickets to a "die-hard" OU fan who was a client of mine, thinking he would surely go and yell as loud as I would. When I went to the next game the next week, my neighbors asked why I was gone. I asked about the replacement...he didn't show up and my tickets were wasted.

I have refused to miss a game since. Even if it is just missing one half of the game, I do everything in my power to be there. Even when work conflicts. Even when other things conflict. For six Saturdays a year, my *** is going to be in Norman supporting my Sooners. And for one Saturday a year, it is going to be in Dallas yelling "SUCKS" at the top of my lungs everytime those bastards in puke orange yell "texass."

I was absolutely embarassed by the lack of support from our student section. To the ones who were there, THANK YOU FOR BEING LOYAL FANS! You were great and I could hear you yelling. To the guys on the front row leading the cheers, I am across the stadium from you and could still hear you yelling. Way to go, guys!

To those who slept in. Alarm clock. Get one. Use it on game day. I don't care if you use it M-F to go to class, but you get your butt to the stadium and wear comfy shoes, because you ain't sittin down for 3 hours.

To the fans in the stands who weren't there -- either make this a priority or find someone who will to take your place those weeks when you aren't able to come because you are hooked up to a ventilation machine and can't breathe without it.

BOOMER SOONER!!! O-K-U!!!

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 02:42 PM
Sincerely,

SoonerGOP (Die-Hard Sooner Fan)

WORD!

ST

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2006, 02:56 PM
You know what I am tired of seeing from the student section? Empty donor seats accross the field, and empty section in the upper south endzone, empty donor seats in the newly added section on Soonervision, and only the student section standing and cheering during the game!!!! Why the hell does the yelling only happen in the student section? We start it, we keep it going, and we get f***ing ****ed off when we can't even here the west side yelling SOONER over a casual coversation!!! How about you point the damn finger at yourself next time before you point it across at the students!

P.S. Nice ****ing picture of the student section 30 minutes before kick-off. That area was filled up by the start of the game, unlike all the fold down seats on the west sidde!!! Maybe next week I will take some pictures of the rest of the stadium 30 minutes prior to kick off and pass them off as game time photos of the rest of you ***-hats not getting there until after you hear the opening kick-off from outside the stadium!

venting complete...for now:mad:

snp
10/15/2006, 02:58 PM
^^^ Agreed.

you work? where at? how many hours?

The State pays for 2/3 of your tuition, your parents pick up the other 1/3. What's it cost now? $150/hr with all fees included? It came out to about $100/hr when I was there. Both are dirt cheap.

Get your lazy *** out of bed and to the stadium. It's not hard.

Usually about 4-5 shifts of waiting tables per week. Not to mention the 12 hours I'm taking, and at least double that I spend a week studying. I also write for a biweekly magazine. And then up until last week, I was working an unpaid internship a couple times a week.

Also, I did get my "lazy ***" outta bed and to the stadium that day at around 830 am.

My tuition is around 7,000 dollars a semester. I don't really consider that dirt cheap.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 02:58 PM
There were empty student seats during the entire game.

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2006, 03:24 PM
There were empty student seats during the entire game.

Yes and there were just as many if not more empty seats in other sections as well!

Ruuuuuufus
10/15/2006, 03:29 PM
What's it cost now? $150/hr with all fees included?

DANG I WISH

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 03:30 PM
Attendence - 84,000

2004 Capacity was 82,112.

We are arguing over the amount of fans in the stands for what reason?

blackbeauty02
10/15/2006, 03:32 PM
For some reason I can't post a new thread so I'm putting this link in the top 10 posts right now. This idiot is says Peterson had his injury coming to him. Leave a comment and let the D-bag know what an R-tard he is.

http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/brandon.tucker?blog=16&title=oklahoma_s_adrian_peterson_done_for_year&page=1&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1&disp=single#c43640

jk the sooner fan
10/15/2006, 03:34 PM
the student section was NOT filled by game time....no way no how, i was on the other side of the field at the 30 yard line and that corner section was damn near empty

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2006, 03:36 PM
DANG I WISH

No kidding, I am a Oklahoma resident and for 12 hours I am paying $2,600 plus fees.....But we are still the second lowest in the Big 12 (With one of the lowest family incomes out of big 12 states too):rolleyes:

OUMallen
10/15/2006, 03:37 PM
Hard to get the children excited when the rest of the games are playing for pride and we have pretty much no shot at a conference champioship. That being said, I was there and I cheered.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 03:39 PM
For some reason I can't post a new thread so I'm putting this link in the top 10 posts right now. This idiot is says Peterson had his injury coming to him. Leave a comment and let the D-bag know what an R-tard he is.

http://www.travelgolf.com/blogs/brandon.tucker?blog=16&title=oklahoma_s_adrian_peterson_done_for_year&page=1&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1&disp=single#c43640

Done.

Comment from: StoopTroup [Visitor]
What a homer.

Seriously...

Don't try to make a living writing about Football.

Stick with golf.

I hope you at least know what "FORE!" means.

I wouldn't want to see you injure your brain...again.
10/15/06 @ 16:38

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2006, 03:58 PM
Hard to get the children excited when the rest of the games are playing for pride and we have pretty much no shot at a conference champioship. That being said, I was there and I cheered.

I may just be one of the children, but I have been to every home game since at least 92. I have seen the bad times, there is no excuse for having a ticket and not going. That being said, it is more than just a student problem, the donors who gorged themselves on every single saxeT ticket for the last 7 years, not leaving one for the fans who have supported the team for the last 20 years but can't afford to pony up huge donations need to suck it up and show up to the damn home games! If I see one more game of empty donor fold down seats (The ones with the f'ing cup holders and everyhting) I am going to break everyone of those seats and force them all to *gasp* actually stand up during a game. (Standing only when it looks as if OU will score doesn't count!)

1stTimeCaller
10/15/2006, 04:40 PM
^^^ Agreed.

Usually about 4-5 shifts of waiting tables per week. Not to mention the 12 hours I'm taking, and at least double that I spend a week studying. I also write for a biweekly magazine. And then up until last week, I was working an unpaid internship a couple times a week.

Also, I did get my "lazy ***" outta bed and to the stadium that day at around 830 am.

My tuition is around 7,000 dollars a semester. I don't really consider that dirt cheap.

I forgot that you're the kid that thought OU was in Oklahoma City until you came up for a visit.

Good on ya for going to the game.

12 hours? heh.

OUAndy1807
10/15/2006, 05:33 PM
P.S. Nice ****ing picture of the student section 30 minutes before kick-off. That area was filled up by the start of the game, unlike all the fold down seats on the west sidde!!! Maybe next week I will take some pictures of the rest of the stadium 30 minutes prior to kick off and pass them off as game time photos of the rest of you ***-hats not getting there until after you hear the opening kick-off from outside the stadium!

hey knothead, look at where the pride is on the field. It was exactly 3 minutes and 30 seconds before kick.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/15/2006, 07:39 PM
1700 Students didn't pick up their tickets. Where were all you "great sooner fans" there to buy all those extra tickets? Busy crying about how we should spend our free time?My *** was in the stands, sparky.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/15/2006, 07:44 PM

venting complete...for now:mad:My tix are in Sec 19, just behind the goalposts. Section 25 was maybe 1/3 full the entire game.

PhxSooner
10/15/2006, 08:03 PM
I was there during the last five years of the Gibbs era. I was in the Pride for three, but for two years, one of probation, my rear was in the stands every stinkin' game, in sun, rain, and snow. If you're a student with a ticket, don't be a bandwagon fan.

Vaevictis
10/15/2006, 08:10 PM
No kidding, I am a Oklahoma resident and for 12 hours I am paying $2,600 plus fees.....

This here is the killer. Yes, OU has some of the lowest tuition in the Big 12, but they hide additional costs in the fees. I pay an additional $1500 or so in fees per semester.

proud gonzo
10/15/2006, 08:27 PM
So if tuition is only $150 per credit hour, how is it that I will have about 122 hours when i graduate (that'd be $18,300...oh, MINUS the 12 hours that were from AP credits) yet my $55,000 National Merit scholarship doesn't cover all of it?

How about instead of blaming the students who care enough to pay their $185 for season tickets go do your ranting at the student population that has never seen a football game and thinks the stadium is just where you go to buy your books.

PhxSooner
10/15/2006, 08:53 PM
So if tuition is only $150 per credit hour, how is it that I will have about 122 hours when i graduate (that'd be $18,300...oh, MINUS the 12 hours that were from AP credits) yet my $55,000 National Merit scholarship doesn't cover all of it?

How about instead of blaming the students who care enough to pay their $185 for season tickets go do your ranting at the student population that has never seen a football game and thinks the stadium is just where you go to buy your books.
Holy carp. Your season ticket is that much?

I knew people who tried to organize study sessions on Saturdays during the games. No and no.

proud gonzo
10/15/2006, 09:37 PM
Holy carp. Your season ticket is that much?

I knew people who tried to organize study sessions on Saturdays during the games. No and no.
it might only be $135 or $160--I dont' remember. But with the $85 texas ticket it's over $200 anyway

birddog
10/15/2006, 09:45 PM
anyone in section 37 see the guy with diabetes having seizures? it was pretty unsettling. thought he was going to die with his boy right next to him.

not cool.

TheLadiesMike
10/15/2006, 10:04 PM
I am a student that goes to every home game and Texas. I get there early and don't leave until time has expired.

I saw plenty of seats empty across from me.

The difference is that our seating is general admission, so everyone crowded in where the better seats are (I was at the 40 and it was as crowded as normal). Those of you with assigned seats had scattered empty spots all around, and all of our empty spots were grouped together - that's the difference.

Now, can you non-students stand up and make some noise? I've sat in the other side and people were more interested in their nachos than the game.

1stTimeCaller
10/15/2006, 10:08 PM

I was just guessing at the $150/rate hence the question mark at the end. I just looked it up(by the way, I'm thinking in state rate). I know that you are from Kansas and therefore the rate is generally three times as much (just guessing again) and that comes to $54,900 when using my $150 guess . But you already knew that.

I also see where the Journalism college charges you a $25/hour computer fee. That's not included in there. I know I hated paying the $21/hr fee in the Architecture College being as the computers sucked *** and most of that money went to buy plotters that we never used in Construction Science except when Andy and I made a halloween costume once.

tuition

Course Level Resident Tuition
per Credit Hour Additional Fees
per Credit Hour* Total Resident tuition/
Fees per Credit Hour Additional Non-Resident Tuition per Credit Hour Total Non-Resident Fees and Tuition per Credit Hour
Lower Division: 1000-2000 class $100.20
+
$82.35*
=
$182.55
+
$276.30
=
$458.85

Upper Division: 3000-4000 class $100.20
+
$82.35*
=
$182.55
+
$276.30
=
$458.85

Graduate Division: 5000-6000 class $132.50
+
$82.35*
=
$214.85
+
$340.30
=
$555.15

fees

Student Facility Fee $9.70
Student Activity Fee $5.95
Transit Fee $1.50***
Assessment Fee $1.25
Library Excellence Fee $9.50
Education Network Connectivity Fee $13.00
Security Services Fee $3.30
Academic Excellence Fee $23.15*****
Special Event Fee $2.00****
Academic Facility & Life Safety Fee $13.00****

computer fees

College of Architecture $21.00
College of Arts & Sciences $5.00
College of Business $20.00
College of Education $18.00
College of Engineering $24.00
College of Atmospheric and Geographic Science $25.00
College of Journalism and Mass Communication $25.00
College of Law $25.00

SillyNinjaSoonerPirate will spend more on alcohol during a semester than his parents will on tuition and fees.

OUAndy1807
10/15/2006, 10:11 PM
I forgot about the halloween costume. what was it again?

1stTimeCaller
10/15/2006, 10:22 PM
I forgot about the halloween costume. what was it again?

it was a picture of me but blown up on the plotter and then we broke into a studio and glued it to foam board and a stick and I went to a party as me, but with a ginormous head.

OUAndy1807
10/15/2006, 10:30 PM
heh, I forgot about that. we were so much better students than those kids nowadays who skip football games.

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2006, 10:35 PM
Ok, I cooled down a bit, still ****ed off about the student section got called out, but I guess it deserved it. But so does the rest of the no show fans. But I think most of the people on this board were in the stadium and will continue to be in the stadium. I for one will be in my seat at 2 o'clock next week for the 6 o'clock kick off. I still want to go break off the fold down seats!

CatfishSooner
10/15/2006, 11:06 PM
A lot of the students are bandwagoners and care much more about getting drunk than the game. For example, my friend and I got to the game 40 minutes before and we sat down to be notified by a frat fag that he was saving 3 rows and we couldn't sit there. We told him to **** himself and sat down anyways. The frats have pledges go early to save seats while they drink and wait 'till right before the game to come in. By the middle of the 3rd quarter most of those fags had already left. It was very annoying, but there are a lot of good student fans...

Vaevictis
10/15/2006, 11:07 PM
SillyNinjaSoonerPirate will spend more on alcohol during a semester than his parents will on tuition and fees.

Heh, over here in the COE, I pay about $150/hr in fees.

1stTimeCaller
10/15/2006, 11:16 PM
Heh, over here in the COE, I pay about $150/hr in fees.

yeah but it costs y'all a lot of money to mess with the law skool!!

seriously, do you think SillyNinjaPirate is in the COE? A&S or Business is my guess. Or the University College ;)

don't get fired up if you are in the A&S college.
The world needs ditch diggers too. that's a joke too.

Vaevictis
10/15/2006, 11:19 PM
I'm just sayin' that they wrap an awful lot of what seems to be "tuition" into fees.

I know the COE tried to fund the new Intro to Engineering course with fees from the whole college, except there was a bit of a student backlash against it.

(My comment was that, essentially, isn't tuition supposed to pay for courses?)

1stTimeCaller
10/15/2006, 11:27 PM
you'd think so. when I was there a few years ago the fees were pretty much the same as the tuition. The National Guard would pick up about $750/smester and i'd come up with the other $750 or so. I always thought that was weird. Any corporation with that high of overhead costs would be out of business.

SleestakSooner
10/15/2006, 11:38 PM
You know what I am tired of seeing from the student section? Empty donor seats accross the field, and empty section in the upper south endzone, empty donor seats in the newly added section on Soonervision, and only the student section standing and cheering during the game!!!! Why the hell does the yelling only happen in the student section? We start it, we keep it going, and we get f***ing ****ed off when we can't even here the west side yelling SOONER over a casual coversation!!! How about you point the damn finger at yourself next time before you point it across at the students!

Dead wrong! I sat in the south endzone section 40 and could see (and kept commenting) on the huge section of empty seats in or near the student section. I know for a fact several others noticed and moved there by halftime.

If you were at the game then don't be offended... nobody is referring to you. If you know some of those that blew off going to see AD possibly play for the last time as a Sooner... laugh at them for us will you. It was their loss.
:pop:

jhmh
10/15/2006, 11:46 PM
I thought the student section was pretty sparse too but I didn't think it was that bad. We just had more room than normal where we sat (40 yard line). The students that were around us were pretty into the game. After sitting in my parents' seats, I prefer the student section. In their area, people sit the entire game and rarely cheer.

What is up with the OSU waving wheat thing? I noticed some people in the student section doing that recently.

The_Red_Patriot
10/16/2006, 12:27 AM
Our student section is weak and has been for awhile.

yermom
10/16/2006, 06:02 AM
probably since i left ;)

i loved sitting over there before i had season tickets, but having to show up 2 hours before the game to find a seat was teh succ

snp
10/16/2006, 09:43 AM

Probably.

y
seriously, do you think SillyNinjaPirate is in the COE? A&S or Business is my guess. Or the University College ;)

don't get fired up if you are in the A&S college.
The world needs ditch diggers too. that's a joke too.

Well, now the dogpile will really start. I'm a Letters major :O

Vaevictis
10/16/2006, 12:05 PM
Well, now the dogpile will really start. I'm a Letters major :O

Nothin' wrong with an old-school style of university degree.

Of course, this is old school in the sense of "That damned young whipper snapper Newton, what the heck does he know?"

In all seriousness, at least it's better than most education degrees. Or Kinesiology (non-certified).

yermom
10/16/2006, 12:07 PM
do they make you learn them backward and forward? ;)

TheLadiesMike
10/16/2006, 10:31 PM
I thought the student section was pretty sparse too but I didn't think it was that bad. We just had more room than normal where we sat (40 yard line). The students that were around us were pretty into the game. After sitting in my parents' seats, I prefer the student section. In their area, people sit the entire game and rarely cheer.

What is up with the OSU waving wheat thing? I noticed some people in the student section doing that recently.

The band is starting it and the people behind are following along.

It needs to stop. I yell, "Stop waving" at the people in front of me.

goingoneight
10/16/2006, 10:54 PM
I did some of my best drinking there.

I did some of my best drinking in the Ford Center when I wasn't quite 21, yet... errrr... I mean, nevermind...

goingoneight
10/16/2006, 10:57 PM
I blame Brent Venables!

Blame Paul Thompson!!!

Kidding, folks...

Pricetag
10/17/2006, 12:35 PM
The band is starting it and the people behind are following along.

It needs to stop. I yell, "Stop waving" at the people in front of me.
That's the thing with the drums and the repeated "OOOOOOOOOOOO-U!!!" isn't it? I like that. Maybe it would be okay if everyone kept their arms down.

yermom
10/17/2006, 12:38 PM
i think it's the "poor ______" thing

OUbones
10/18/2006, 11:46 PM
Yawn............Oh yeah, I also like ham sandwiches.

OUAndy1807
10/19/2006, 06:02 AM
Yawn............Oh yeah, I also like ham sandwiches.
nice try to fit in. kind of hard to act like no one cares when this thread is on it's 5th page.

MamaMia
10/19/2006, 08:16 AM
They announced 84K in attendance.

I call BS.I have always been curious as to how they come up with the attendance figure. Do any of you know?

royalfan5
10/19/2006, 08:22 AM
I have always been curious as to how they come up with the attendance figure. Do any of you know?
I know at Nebraska it's collected ticket stubs + all the folk in Luxury suites + press + staff + coaches + players which is why NU's attendance is always 3-4K above listed capacity. I'm sure OU does something pretty similar.

C&CDean
10/19/2006, 08:44 AM
This thread sucks. The empty student section sucked. The Oregon thing sucked. The Texas thing sucked. AD getting hurt sucked. Overall, it's been a suck season. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna let that keep me from using my tickets.

Memo to students: If you do not come out and support Sooner athletics, how about just enrolling at OKCCC or Rose, then after 2 years go to UCO, OCU, OBU, or a half dozen other good schools? It's a priviledge and an honor to be a Sooner. If it weren't for Sooner football, OU would be just another school.

MamaMia
10/19/2006, 08:44 AM
I know at Nebraska it's collected ticket stubs + all the folk in Luxury suites + press + staff + coaches + players which is why NU's attendance is always 3-4K above listed capacity. I'm sure OU does something pretty similar.
I'm in the club. They scan our tickets with a hand held device. I think they do that with all the tickets but I'm not certain.

I would like to add that the club seat owners were flooding the stairs to leave in the 3rd quarter. I dont know what the hurry was all about.

noobalicious
10/19/2006, 12:28 PM
I am a student that goes to every home game and Texas. I get there early and don't leave until time has expired.

I'm also a student who gets there early and doesn't leave until time has expired. I think that you people need to honestly get a grip. So a thousand or so students have something better to do for one weekend than see us pummel Iowa State. Whoop-dee-do. Just because everyone on campus isn't a rabid football fan isn't a reason to start hating the students.

Now, can you non-students stand up and make some noise? I've sat in the other side and people were more interested in their nachos than the game.

Haha so true. I'd like to point out that during the MTSU game most of the regular fans had left and it was the students that were there making a ton of noise when MT was driving at the end to help preserve the shutout. I was yelling myself hoarse, and I know they had at least one false start or delay of game in there.

Point is not everyone eats, breathes and sleeps Sooner football who is a student. Some people that I know had higher priorities, like going home and visiting family, etc. "Screw grandpa, if I don't go to this game and make the student section look full, those die hard Sooner fans are gonna hate me!" But the students who are there always make a ton of noise, and quite often more than the rest of you. Get some perspective, it was one game of football and 1700 students is about 5% of the student body. The world is not coming to an end. :rolleyes:

C&CDean
10/19/2006, 01:04 PM
I'm also a student who gets there early and doesn't leave until time has expired. I think that you people need to honestly get a grip. So a thousand or so students have something better to do for one weekend than see us pummel Iowa State. Whoop-dee-do. Just because everyone on campus isn't a rabid football fan isn't a reason to start hating the students.

Haha so true. I'd like to point out that during the MTSU game most of the regular fans had left and it was the students that were there making a ton of noise when MT was driving at the end to help preserve the shutout. I was yelling myself hoarse, and I know they had at least one false start or delay of game in there.

Point is not everyone eats, breathes and sleeps Sooner football who is a student. Some people that I know had higher priorities, like going home and visiting family, etc. "Screw grandpa, if I don't go to this game and make the student section look full, those die hard Sooner fans are gonna hate me!" But the students who are there always make a ton of noise, and quite often more than the rest of you. Get some perspective, it was one game of football and 1700 students is about 5% of the student body. The world is not coming to an end. :rolleyes:

I didn't read all your post, but I read as far as "hating the students."

Newsflash: People don't hate on students because they're too tired, lame, and pathetic to show up to football games. They hate on them because they're obnoxious little ****ants who get ****faced all the time, waste their momma's hard earned hooking money, waste 4-7 years of their life getting an education in beerology, and think they're all that and a bag of beer nuts.

That's why people hate students.

proud gonzo
10/19/2006, 01:07 PM
heh

noobalicious
10/19/2006, 01:12 PM
They hate on them because they're obnoxious little ****ants who get ****faced all the time, waste their momma's hard earned hooking money, waste 4-7 years of their life getting an education in beerology, and think they're all that and a bag of beer nuts.

Well while there are obviously people like that at every university, you clearly don't know the students that I know. That doesn't describe all of the students anywhere. And I'm not trying to get you to fall in love with the student body either, I'm trying to point out that there's a lot more to life than a football game and whether or not a very small percentage of students decided to show up to it. If that's your opinion of students then you're certainly entitled to it!

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2006, 01:14 PM
Well while there are obviously people like that at every university, you clearly don't know the students that I know. That doesn't describe all of the students anywhere. And I'm not trying to get you to fall in love with the student body either, I'm trying to point out that there's a lot more to life than a football game and whether or not a very small percentage of students decided to show up to it. If that's your opinion of students then you're certainly entitled to it!

They bought the tickets right?

noobalicious
10/19/2006, 01:33 PM
haha, yeah they did but they sold theirs to other students. Again, not a big deal though.

Fraggle145
10/19/2006, 01:38 PM
What ****es me off is I am a grad student (i.e. poor as balls) and would kill for tickets to go to the games... hell I go and set up a tailgate outside the stadium every game even though I cant go inside...

OK2LA
10/19/2006, 01:45 PM
. . . . But I'll be damned if I'm gonna let that keep me from using my tickets.

. . . .It's a priviledge and an honor to be a Sooner. If it weren't for Sooner football, OU would be just another school.

This is all that needs to be said in regards to this thread and the asshat at the beginning that stated that they might have had "better things to do" than go to the game.

I've got 2 words for any of you student faigs that freaking live in or around Norman, have tickets, and don't go to a game for any reason other than a freaking family emergency:

Time Management

You can ALWAYS take a few hours out of a FEW SATURDAYS in the fall to go watch the game.

Taxman71
10/19/2006, 01:48 PM
This thread would never have existed if they sold beer in the stadium, I'm just saying.

Boomer.....
10/19/2006, 01:49 PM

Newsflash: People don't hate on students because they're too tired, lame, and pathetic to show up to football games. They hate on them because they're obnoxious little ****ants who get ****faced all the time, waste their momma's hard earned hooking money, waste 4-7 years of their life getting an education in beerology, and think they're all that and a bag of beer nuts.

Of course the students act like this, just as everyone else did when they were in college. It is no different than the thousands of non-student fans who are drunk carrying around a six pack at 9am for a 11:30 kick-off. They are obnoxious, but I have dealt with older fans who are just as bad. That is why they bunch them together, so that they don't annoy everyone. At least they are always yelling and standing up. That is more than I can say for other non-student fans.

proud gonzo
10/19/2006, 02:03 PM
What ****es me off is I am a grad student (i.e. poor as balls) and would kill for tickets to go to the games... hell I go and set up a tailgate outside the stadium every game even though I cant go inside...

well that's something you should mention to people who post threads saying they have a student ticket they're trying to get rid of ;)

OklahomaRed
10/19/2006, 02:57 PM

Yep! Couldn't have said it better myself. Long way of saying, "Life's all about me." Two kinds of people in this world. Givers and takers. Which one of these are most of the students? I can't answer that, but from what I saw on T.V. (noticed the bare section), and from the students I've spoken with.............;)

Sooner1979
10/19/2006, 05:25 PM
I am for one extremely disappointed that our students are missing games if they spent the money on tickets that true fans could have purchased...I have been a Sooner’s fan since 1979 and saw my first game in 1979 and of course I don’t remember the game, but I was too young to remember and my parents wanted me to be a fan from birth...My family has had the same season tickets since 1963 and the tickets have always had at least one family member in the seats ever since. I had a streak of going to every game since 1992 and it ended when I got deployed to Iraq in 2003. When I got back, I went to the Sugar Bowl because I was so pumped about seeing my beloved Sooner’s play again. I had to miss the Iowa State game this past weekend because I had to attend guard drill and could not come up with an excuse that they would buy. It just sickens me to see fans that have tickets that do not attend because our team lost a game the week before. Unless you had a death in the family or had to attend a military obligation or some other valid excuse, there is absolutely no reason to miss a game...That is all…And if you are going to miss a game, make sure and sell your ticket to a Sooner fan so that we actually have a home field advantage…And quit blaming the coaching staff for the losses…They are doing a damn good job with what they have and now have multiple injuries to deal with that are going to decide how our team finishes the season…Just remember, if you were a fan (a fan that attended games that is) during the Blake and Smellyburger years, than you remember just as well as I do that the last 8 years have been just amazing in comparison…Get off your *** and attend the games if you are a season ticket holder and cheer on the team that is playing their butts off for the fans that are in attendance….

proud gonzo
10/19/2006, 05:30 PM
so this thread is 158 posts voicing one of two opinions worded with slight differences over and over. good lord.

birddog
10/19/2006, 05:49 PM
there are SIX FOOTBALL GAMES A YEAR!!!

get your sorry, hungover, lazy arses to the game. i seriously doubt anyone except the foreigners is studying on saturday afternoon.

proud gonzo
10/19/2006, 06:59 PM
you guys make me want to skip the game just to p*ss you off :rolleyes:

C&CDean
10/19/2006, 07:34 PM
you guys make me want to skip the game just to p*ss you off :rolleyes:

Don't **** with us old farts little girly girl. You have to wear a poncho and stick your arms out for us to see you in the stands anyhow. I bet you sit in Row 27, seat 1/4.

OUAndy1807
10/19/2006, 07:50 PM
so this thread is 158 posts voicing one of two opinions worded with slight differences over and over. good lord.
how many of those replies were written by you?