PDA

View Full Version : Can there now be any doubt about refs and Oregon

BermudaSooner
10/14/2006, 06:04 PM
Anyone else see the Ducks game? Ducks up by 13, 8 minutes to go. Ducks go for a 4th and 1 at UCLA's 34--need to get to the 33.

On the play, ball is ruled a fumble and UCLA recovers.

On replay, it is ruled he is down, but if ruled down the runner clearly does not make the 33. The commentators were going nuts over it.

Well, guess what happens, the replay booth rules he made the 33 (no frigan way) and the measure results in a first down.

Oregon then puts the game out of reach on the next few plays.

Unbelievable.

I'm just surprised the refs couldn't find a way to give them the Cal game as well.

sooner94
10/14/2006, 06:13 PM
I was watching it too. Unbelievable. It took them forever to make the call and they still blew it.

Tim Brandt (the guy in the booth with Fouts) was ****ed about it. I liked the reference to the game against us and they both said the refs blew that game.

I have added the Ducks to college teams that I hate.

Flagstaffsooner
10/14/2006, 06:13 PM
I saw that. The fix is in. I just hope they screw suc when they play uo too. But the deal is the crack-10 is working to put suc and the ducks in the BCS.

Scott D
10/14/2006, 06:16 PM
Anyone else see the Ducks game? Ducks up by 13, 8 minutes to go. Ducks go for a 4th and 1 at UCLA's 34--need to get to the 33.

On the play, ball is ruled a fumble and UCLA recovers.

On replay, it is ruled he is down, but if ruled down the runner clearly does not make the 33. The commentators were going nuts over it.

Well, guess what happens, the replay booth rules he made the 33 (no frigan way) and the measure results in a first down.

Oregon then puts the game out of reach on the next few plays.

Unbelievable.

I'm just surprised the refs couldn't find a way to give them the Cal game as well.

Well to be fair, Cal scored too many points for the refs to matter.

Texas Golfer
10/14/2006, 06:18 PM
The refs will continue to call the games like they want it to be rather than the way it is until the leagues and the NCAA does something about it.

The refs are turning college football into the corruptness of boxing and wrestling.

StoopTroup
10/14/2006, 06:19 PM
I bet those Refs are just sick over that call.

:pop:

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2006, 06:20 PM
and that they're all married to nurses

Flagstaffsooner
10/14/2006, 06:21 PM
I bet those Refs are just sick over that call.

:pop:Death threats and suspensions.:twinkies:

Rhino
10/14/2006, 07:25 PM
Rising blood pressure.

Old football injuries.

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2006, 07:26 PM
can't

drive

home

Rhino
10/14/2006, 07:35 PM
letter from the university president

Sooner_Bob
10/14/2006, 07:39 PM
indisputable evidence

touched within ten yards

blah

blah

blah

:D

Soonerus
10/14/2006, 07:43 PM
Do they have no pride or honor ??? pathetic...

bri
10/14/2006, 07:43 PM
how do you work this thing

Rhino
10/14/2006, 07:46 PM
pat forde typing angrily about ucla fans

bri
10/14/2006, 08:03 PM
cry, baby, cry

Rhino
10/14/2006, 08:09 PM
angry oregon blogger, "i'm receiving death threats toooooooo!"

Scott D
10/14/2006, 08:35 PM
The refs will continue to call the games like they want it to be rather than the way it is until the leagues and the NCAA does something about it.

The refs are turning college football into the corruptness of boxing and wrestling.

is there anything you don't consider to be a conspiracy?

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2006, 09:12 PM
Nike mobsters at work again

GrapevineSooner
10/14/2006, 09:54 PM
is there anything you don't consider to be a conspiracy?

I don't.

I think your last post is a conspiracy to burn my retinas permanently :D

sooner518
10/14/2006, 09:56 PM
anyone have video of this craptacular call? id like to see it myself

TopDawg
10/14/2006, 09:57 PM
Does this make Oregon the losingest one-loss team in the nation?

Scott D
10/14/2006, 10:56 PM
I don't.

I think your last post is a conspiracy to burn my retinas permanently :D

Ironically I felt the same way about the post that I quoted :D

Portland Oregon
10/14/2006, 11:01 PM
that placement was not nearly the travesty some of you want to make it out to be. close calls happen all the time, in every game (always have happened from what i'm told), and they go both ways... but, i suppose you're right: whenever it happens in favor of oregon, or *gasp* in favor of an oklahoma opponent, it must be a big conspiracy! gimme a break. move on.

Rhino
10/14/2006, 11:04 PM
angry oregon fans defending their honor on opponent message boards

bri
10/14/2006, 11:05 PM
guilty lurking

colleyvillesooner
10/14/2006, 11:07 PM
that placement was not nearly the travesty some of you want to make it out to be. close calls happen all the time, in every game (always have happened from what i'm told), and they go both ways... but, i suppose you're right: whenever it happens in favor of oregon, or *gasp* in favor of an oklahoma opponent, it must be a big conspiracy! gimme a break. move on.

****** meet bag.

Scott D
10/14/2006, 11:12 PM

know what....I care even less after your post than I did before your post about it.

jwlynn64
10/15/2006, 12:03 AM
The biggest travesty is that the official that rules Oregon recovered the onside kick even though he could not have possible seen an Oregon player in possesion of the ball was not immediately canned.

Who touched the ball first and did it go 10 yards could have just been missed close calls but awarding possesion without actually knowing who had the ball is criminal.

Not firing that jacka$$ is beyond criminal.

Scott D
10/15/2006, 12:14 AM
whats criminal is that people still talk about that **** today.

Portland Oregon
10/15/2006, 12:23 PM
angry oregon fans defending their honor on opponent message boards

not angry. oregon got a win yesterday. as an oregon fan, that makes me happy.

i'm just responding to incorrect information being discussed as absolute fact on this board.

who's really angry? some oklahoma fans are convinced the entire world is out to get them. some are still so angry about a bad call several weeks ago, that they need to continue pushing forward the conspiracy myth. even if it means incorrectly describing a bad replay call, knowing full well that others angry sooner fans will just lap it and quote it as gospel. if you say it enough, it becomes true... even though it's not. some of you would make great politicians.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 12:28 PM
some of you would make great politicians.
At least you noticed one of our many excellent characteristics.

I wish I could find one of yours.

Flagstaffsooner
10/15/2006, 12:32 PM
At least you noticed one of our many excellent characteristics.

I wish I could find one of yours.You would have to be a proctologist.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 12:39 PM
You would have to be a proctologist.
Ducks have Proctos?

Flagstaffsooner
10/15/2006, 12:43 PM
not angry. oregon got a win yesterday. as an oregon fan, that makes me happy.

i'm just responding to incorrect information being discussed as absolute fact on this board.

who's really angry? some oklahoma fans are convinced the entire world is out to get them. some are still so angry about a bad call several weeks ago, that they need to continue pushing forward the conspiracy myth. even if it means incorrectly describing a bad replay call, knowing full well that others angry sooner fans will just lap it and quote it as gospel. if you say it enough, it becomes true... even though it's not. some of you would make great politicians.Don't you feel like dirt? Don't you feel like scum? I would be embarassed that my team had to win by orders from the conference office to the refs. The whole world knows that the crack-10 is a crooked joke. Why else would it demand that only crack-10 officials to home games? Duck be not proud, hold your bill in shame. For thou hath not won.

Portland Oregon
10/15/2006, 12:46 PM
You would have to be a proctologist.

You're right. Ony of my good qualities is up my a$$. Fabulous, fabulous digestive tract.

Silly me, I thought this thread was about supposed bad referee/replay work in Eugene yesterday.

Sooner_Bob
10/15/2006, 01:30 PM
Supposed?

Heh.

Portland Oregon
10/15/2006, 03:01 PM
Don't you feel like dirt? Don't you feel like scum? I would be embarassed that my team had to win by orders from the conference office to the refs. The whole world knows that the crack-10 is a crooked joke. Why else would it demand that only crack-10 officials to home games? Duck be not proud, hold your bill in shame. For thou hath not won.

I thought this thread was about yesterday, but...

Yeah, I feel like scum. I mean, the team I cheer for benefitted from a bad call almost a month ago. A call that everyone acknowledges was bad. How can I even live with myself? It's clearly all of us Ducks fans' fault. It's obviously a huge conspiracy against Oklahoma. I totally feel like dirt knowing that if the situation was reversed, Oklahoma would've handled it completely different than Oregon fans. They'd still be up in arms demanding that the Sooners forfeit the resultys of that game.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 03:07 PM
Just admit you didn't deserve to win and go away then.

Portland Oregon
10/15/2006, 04:01 PM
Just admit you didn't deserve to win and go away then.

Might as well. No one here wants to actually respond to what I'm saying about the incorrectness in what's being said in this thread about the *terrible* ball placement yesterday. Just change the subject and spew insults at anyone who dares take the other side in this one-sided, misdirected b!tchfest.

Admit the ducks didn't deserve to win? I've ackowledged, as have many ducks fans, that they didn't deserve that last opportunity, but they got it, and then they came through with big plays while OK crumbled. The refs didn't just add 7 points to the score board for Oregon, even though some of you like to suggest that's what happened. Yes, the refs incorrectly gave Oregon another opportuntity to score. Yes, Oregon made it count in a big way. Yes, OK crumbled. No, there's no conspiracy. Yes, it's time to move on.

I can't believe you've even got me talking about this crap... I only chimed in to say that the ball placement was not terrible as some of you are saying in this thread... but your whining pulled me in. Damn it!

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 04:10 PM
I can't believe you've even got me talking about this crap... I only chimed in to say that the ball placement was not terrible as some of you are saying in this thread... but your whining pulled me in. Damn it!
We have OUr ways....:D

Tulsa_Fireman
10/15/2006, 04:11 PM
You're right. Ony of my good qualities is my head up my a$$.

Fixed that for ya, Oregonad.

Portland Oregon
10/15/2006, 05:03 PM
Fixed that for ya, Oregonad.

gee fireman, you're so clever.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 05:05 PM
gee fireman, you're so clever.
He knows how to stomp you out if you ever catch fire too. :D

arlington
10/16/2006, 07:51 AM
You guys should have seen the game against Cal last week..Desean jackson returned a punt for a td and 30 yards behind the play, a Cal player had thrown a block and was getting to his feet when an Oregon player running from behind did a flying ninja kick to his back and knocked him back down..It was hilarious(unless you were the Cal player!) and right in view of the ref, the tv screen and the Cal coaches..The ref correctly threw a flag, but after conferring with Belotti, picked up the flag and said there was no foul on the play..Tedford went nuts and then HE received the damn penalty..Truly amazing!

BermudaSooner
10/16/2006, 08:24 AM
You guys should have seen the game against Cal last week..Desean jackson returned a punt for a td and 30 yards behind the play, a Cal player had thrown a block and was getting to his feet when an Oregon player running from behind did a flying ninja kick to his back and knocked him back down..It was hilarious(unless you were the Cal player!) and right in view of the ref, the tv screen and the Cal coaches..The ref correctly threw a flag, but after conferring with Belotti, picked up the flag and said there was no foul on the play..Tedford went nuts and then HE received the damn penalty..Truly amazing!

interesting.

Ground_Attack
10/16/2006, 08:44 AM
i say let the Pac 10 rot with their officials. They hired them, let them deal with the crap that they provide. I still hate Oregon though

Tulsa_Fireman
10/16/2006, 09:31 AM
Belotti was flagged for hunching a player's leg in the Stanford game, but it was overturned to protect the reputation and eyes of the innocent.

And he worships the debbil, too.

And enjoys the Starlight Vocal Band's remake of Cream's 'White Room'.

Not to mention he kicked a puppy once.

MITSooner
10/16/2006, 09:44 AM
Belotti stole one of my kidneys :(

ADs_Agent
10/16/2006, 09:44 AM
everytime Oregon refs blow a call, God kills a kitten.

jwlynn64
10/16/2006, 09:47 AM
Might as well. No one here wants to actually respond to what I'm saying about the incorrectness in what's being said in this thread about the *terrible* ball placement yesterday. Just change the subject and spew insults at anyone who dares take the other side in this one-sided, misdirected b!tchfest.

Admit the ducks didn't deserve to win? I've ackowledged, as have many ducks fans, that they didn't deserve that last opportunity, but they got it, and then they came through with big plays while OK crumbled. The refs didn't just add 7 points to the score board for Oregon, even though some of you like to suggest that's what happened. Yes, the refs incorrectly gave Oregon another opportuntity to score. Yes, Oregon made it count in a big way. Yes, OK crumbled. No, there's no conspiracy. Yes, it's time to move on.

What most of us are angry about is that your coach said that (and I'm paraphrasing) he would feel really terrible if the replay showed that Oregon didn't actually recover the ball on the onside kick.

After he did see the replay, he said that the refs did make a bad call and it cost OU the game. Then when asked if he had voted Oregon ahead of OU in the polls, he got all upset and said that of course he did, Oregon won the game.

That is what ****es us off. It's one thing to acknowledge that we got hosed but in the next breath, you come off saying that Oregon is a better team.

How can you admit that:

1. That we played in (paraphrasing oregon fans before the game) "The most hostile and loud stadium in college"
2. That OU would have outright won the game if the correct call was made.

and still think that your team should be ranked above OU.

jwlynn64
10/16/2006, 09:49 AM
Oh, and another thing. I seem to remember one of your noble players telling reporters after the game that he recoverd the on side kick.

Has anyone even asked that guy why he lied to reporters about that?

I'm guessing the answer to that is no.

So why would OU fans be angry about that blown call. No one credible person affiliated with the program has come forward to apologize to OU about the hypocracy of your coach or that your player lied about the recovery on national TV.

nautiduck
10/16/2006, 10:30 PM
Of course Oregon is ranked higher. We're 5-1 and OU is 4-2 and just lost its best player and is headed down the toilet. But the good news is that Miles Brand, NCAA Prez, has announced the first annual "Tradition Bowl" and OU is in it because, as Brand said "Oklahoma has great tradition even if they really suck this year."

goingoneight
10/16/2006, 10:51 PM
I thought this thread was about yesterday, but...

Yeah, I feel like scum. I mean, the team I cheer for benefitted from a bad call almost a month ago. A call that everyone acknowledges was bad. How can I even live with myself? It's clearly all of us Ducks fans' fault. It's obviously a huge conspiracy against Oklahoma. I totally feel like dirt knowing that if the situation was reversed, Oklahoma would've handled it completely different than Oregon fans. They'd still be up in arms demanding that the Sooners forfeit the resultys of that game.

If you'll look it up, Bob Stoops was asked if OU had to forfeit all of the Bomar games and he said something along the lines of... 'I don't really know that much, but we're willing to accept that...' Read a few articles about the Bomar situation, you'll find it in a lot of them. You know why we don't say it exactly, but feel there is conspiracy against teams like us??? Because when a n00btacular SUC team beats you, they'll capitalize off of it. God's team, greatest team evar... When was the last time Notre Dame or SUC really had to worry about players like Troy Smith and Reggie Bush taking illegal benefits??? I know it's a wild conspiracy theory, but if you were in OUr shoes, and were constantly getting screwed by officials and the NCAA, you might see a little reason to it. How would you feel is SUC actually did blatantly cheat when they beat you in 2005 and that ONE LOSS kept you from title contention or better bowl placement???

jwlynn64
10/17/2006, 12:57 AM
Of course Oregon is ranked higher. We're 5-1 and OU is 4-2 and just lost its best player and is headed down the toilet. But the good news is that Miles Brand, NCAA Prez, has announced the first annual "Tradition Bowl" and OU is in it because, as Brand said "Oklahoma has great tradition even if they really suck this year."

So why is Oregon ranked above Rutgers and Boise St.?

If it's just about the record then you surely shouldn't be ranked above those two schools. The polls are supposed to be about who is the better team. On the Sunday after we played, your coach voted his team better than OU. This is after he saw the video tape that showed, without a question of doubt, that his team should have been fairly beaten, at home, by OU.

This was before our loss to Texas or our loss of AD. As for really sucking, how does it feel to know that even when we really suck (your contention, not mine), we came to your house and beat you. That in our down years, you needed help from the officials to come over to our boards and tell us we suck.

Please go back to smoking your dope and continue to tell your self that you really won that game. Maybe in five or ten years, you might actually believe it.

sooneron
10/17/2006, 07:01 AM
There was a duck fan at the bar where I was last Sat. He kept avoiding eye contact withh me. I would have to guess that most of them are this gutless in person.

stoopified
10/17/2006, 01:03 PM
Belotti stole one of my kidneys :( He stole my heart and it was replaced by a chimp heart.Now all I do is scratch myself,poke at the keyboard,and throw $hit.

caphorns
10/17/2006, 01:16 PM
He stole my heart and it was replaced by a chimp heart.Now all I do is scratch myself,poke at the keyboard,and throw $hit.

How is that different?

OUmillenium
10/17/2006, 01:25 PM

There is no corruption in wrestling! It is an honest fix where the refs have no input in the outcome. Boxing is true corruption.