PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Adrian

winnard
10/14/2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks for an exciting career at OU. I've enjoyed watching you, and I have your jersey framed. Don't push yourself trying to get back too quickly, heal correctly and go get those $$$$, you deserve it.
BOOMER!

winnard

nBoSTP
10/14/2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah what a way to possibly end his Sooner career with a long TD run.

SeattleOUstudent
10/14/2006, 04:06 PM
Agreed. But if you decide you want to come back for another year, Ill find it in my heart to cheer for you more loudly. :)

SoonerJason
10/14/2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks AD, Get well and go get paid!

GottaHavePride
10/14/2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah what a way to possibly end his Sooner career with a long TD run.

It took one play and 28 seconds for #28 to get to the end zone.

auto
10/14/2006, 04:24 PM
man this is sad. I was going to the okie lite game to see AD, now I can cancel those plans

Boomer.....
10/14/2006, 04:31 PM
He will be missed!

boomersooner28
10/14/2006, 05:16 PM
I'm gonna cry.

StoopTroup
10/14/2006, 05:22 PM
I didn't cry after Marcus Dupree...

I won't after AD...

This is still a good Football Team.

Buck Up...

bexar county horn
10/14/2006, 05:41 PM
Any chance AD comes back for his senior year?IMO he still has some things to prove on this level.Don't Get me wrong,i think he is a helluva rb,in fact AD is the best rb to come out of texas in the last 10 years.AD just might be the best pure football player in college football.

That being said he needs to prove he can stay healthy for a full season.Last year the ankleand now the shoulder.If i am a nfl gm i would have to think twice about taking him with the first or second pick,no matter how great he is.It would be so cool if he came back.

bixby28
10/14/2006, 05:42 PM
Dupree was a great talent that was lazy and irresponsible. He had a royal flush in the game of football and screwed himself with bad choices.

I wouldn't cry about Dupree, either. Peterson is a different story

Big Red Ron
10/14/2006, 05:44 PM
AD is coming back. Just watch.

sanantoniosooner
10/14/2006, 05:51 PM
My lunch came back after that play.

Not as confident about AD.

StoopTroup
10/14/2006, 05:53 PM
I don't think AD proved he could really be an All-Purpose Back this year.

He's a heck of a RB.

I'd say he's gone.

The shoulder and ankle injuries mean he's able to overcome injury.

The collarbone means nothing. It's a freak injury.

With no idea of who will be QB next year....he'd be crazy to stay.

Then there is the ever looming NCAA probe on top of that.

Damon Parker made a mistake going IMO.

AD would be making a mistake not to go IMO.

Anyone crying over AD better get over it quick IMO.

Stitch Face
10/14/2006, 05:57 PM
Shows what I know...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77336&page=4

Texas Golfer
10/14/2006, 06:02 PM
"Thanks for the memories", he sang in his best Bob Hope impersonation attempt.

josh09
10/14/2006, 06:11 PM
Thanks for an exciting career at OU. I've enjoyed watching you, and I have your jersey framed. Don't push yourself trying to get back too quickly, heal correctly and go get those $$$$, you deserve it.
BOOMER!

winnard

ya, thanks man. thanks for all the great moments, sorry we couldnt get you something in return, like a trophy.

you deserve all that money in the NFL. god bless you man.

StoopTroup
10/14/2006, 06:17 PM
Shows what I know...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77336&page=4
You talking about this post?

Stitch in Time (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1530832&postcount=76)

SEO Sooner
10/14/2006, 06:18 PM
Man what a ride! We may never see anyone like Adrian Peterson again. Thanks for everything. GO GET PAID!!!!

Crimson Kid
10/14/2006, 06:34 PM
I love the way you're all kissing him goodbye when he's not even gone yet, maybe just maybe a edumcation is more important then money to him and his family and he stay's another year.

He did say he wanted to play miami next seasson.

StoopTroup
10/14/2006, 06:37 PM
I love the way you're all kissing him goodbye when he's not even gone yet, maybe just maybe a edumcation is more important then money to him and his family and he stay's another year.

Are you giving odds? :D

SoonerStud615
10/14/2006, 06:43 PM
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/9468/adriansadmt2.png

MRNOTDUCKS
10/14/2006, 06:56 PM
As an Aggie fan I still loved A.D. Most exciting back in college football in a long while. I was disappointed for him when I heard the news today. I'll pull for him in the pros.

PLaw
10/14/2006, 07:38 PM
MEGA KUDOS, AD.

Thanks for the excitement, the memories, and the thoughts of what might have been. Here's to a long, productive NFL career - go get the money now and be a great example of a class act. Feel proud, you have done it the right way.

I feel really bad that we didn't get you that National Championshipa and the Heisman. It funny how things worked out with the t-sips last year. I'm just darn glad you chose OU over the Horns.

Remember to do a little recruiting for OU along the way!

Always BOOMER SOONER
PLaw

jdsooner
10/15/2006, 01:06 AM
You have been a joy to watch. Although I'm not glad you went out, at least you went out with a touchdown, playing in front of your dad.

lubbocksooner
10/15/2006, 08:50 AM
Truely a sad day. Even my wife (not a big fan of football) said "crap I was looking forward to seeing him at the TTU game". Thats how good and fun to watch Mr. Peterson. Get better and do what is best for you. Thanks for all the work you have put in for the Crimson and Cream.

soonerkj
10/15/2006, 10:04 AM
A short, but great career! Thanks for all you have done AD! Go get em in the pros!

kj

OUstud
10/15/2006, 11:43 AM
The saddest thing is that it seemed like AD was the only thing the media liked about OU. But, AD, go tear it up in the pros for some lucky team (probably Texans, Packers, or Raiders.) :D

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 11:48 AM
The Media thinks we're screwed.

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2006, 12:18 PM
The Media thinks we're screwed.
If your butts not sore by now, you've grown to like it.

I've never rooted for a team that got screwed more.

Ike
10/15/2006, 12:32 PM
I'm not going to bid farewell to AD just yet. Even though he's on the DL for most likely the rest of the season, and even though its most likely he will turn pro, the final word still hasn't been spoken. When it is, I'll be right there with the rest of you wishing him the best. But until its final, I'll continue to think of him as any other Sooner and look forward to the day that we get to see him in a Sooner uniform again....I know there is a real possibility that that day may never come...but I'm not yet going to think of it as a foregone conclusion.

Best wishes AD. I can't wait to see you on a gridiron again.

StoopTroup
10/15/2006, 12:36 PM
I just need to get this Colorado Game over...

This is a rOUgh year.

Since71ASooner4Life
10/15/2006, 01:24 PM

Maybe the injury will leave just enough doubt in enough NFL front offices that AD will get word that he has slipped on the draft board, and he realizes that the only way to get top pick type money is to come back for a senior season and prove that everything is OK. Forget about him coming back for the Heissman, a shot at NC, rushing records, etc - but if enough people convince him that injury plagued sophmore and junior seasons has dropped him from a potential #1, #2, or #3 pick in the draft to somewhere #10 ~ #15, there will be mi$$ions of reasons for him to come back and prove himself.

Wishboned
10/15/2006, 02:08 PM
From what I've seen and read of AD I'm pretty sure he's not going to rush into any decisions regarding his future. I believe he'll spend a lot of time weighing his options, getting the best advice from Coach Stoops and his family before making a commitment.

I hated to see him get injured, not just for the selfish reason of wanting to watch him break records like he breaks tackles, but I know that he's a fierce competitor and standing on the sidelines and not being able to play has to hurt more than any injury to him.

Whatever he decides will be in his best interest and I will cheer for him no matter where he is playing next fall. He has shown himself to have a great work ethic, has been a team player, and I'm sure he's set an example to some of the younger players on how to handle media pressure with class and dignity.

AD is a once in a generation type of athlete and I'm grateful he chose OU.