PDA

View Full Version : What's The Deal On The Option?

SoonerBorn68
10/14/2006, 09:23 AM
Last week I thought I saw a speed option from the shotgun and PT kept the ball. We only ran it once. Was that a busted play?

When I saw it I thought, there's the wrinkle for texass, Bob's gonna catch Macky boy unprepared...and we didn't run it again.

:confused:

Blues1
10/14/2006, 09:27 AM
They shouild have started the game with that play -- kept them off guard for the rest of the day...JMHO....We will probably see more of it today...!!!

KR'

SoonerBorn68
10/14/2006, 09:33 AM
I realize that Bob doesn't want PT to run because of the lack of a solid back up, but geez, he runs like a gazelle. It would keep the D honest & not be totally keyed in on AD every play.

Right now PT is very predictable. When he's back in the pocket (until late in the game last week) he didn't flush & run...it makes it too easy on the D to just bull rush 'til they get the to the QB.

tulsaoilerfan
10/14/2006, 10:33 AM
I would imagine they don't want to run Paul to keep him from possibly getting killed

Crucifax Autumn
10/14/2006, 03:09 PM
I'm of the opinion that worrying about depth, worrying about injuries, etc. is a dumb mistake. Pulling a guy when the game is all but over is smart...playing it overly safe and conservative is kinda wimpy and not the OU way.

We'd have never seen the awesome option play of Charles Thompson way back when I was in high school without having faith in our young players, so why not just roll with it now? I am sure Paul can run if given the chance, and I'm sure we could overcome any injuries he might get in some freak occurrence. Either way, we need to do what it takes to win within the rules.