PDA

View Full Version : apparently, < 1 second in a toilet

sanantoniosooner
10/14/2006, 08:48 AM
is enough to kill a cell phone.

Hopefully it will dry out and still work, but I'm not optimistic.

Preservation Parcels
10/14/2006, 08:55 AM
Fill a Ziploc bag with some uncooked rice and put your cell phone inside for at least 24 hours. The rice will draw the moisture out of the cell phone. This has worked for my kids' MP3 players several times. I hope it works for you.

There is a tiny sticker inside the battery cavity of your cell phone that is pink and white checked. When it gets wet, the pink and white run together and turn into a solid pink sticker.

Jerk
10/14/2006, 09:03 AM
Last company I worked for gave us those nokia walkie talkie phones. I droped it in about 6" of running water one day. I took it completely apart and let it dry out. I got it working again, but it was never the same.

My current company phone got thrown out of the window and shattered in a million peices. I had a hard time explaining that to one of the owners - the one out of several without a sense of humor. Anyway, a few days later we jump in a pick up truck and go to where it landed - and found parts and peices of it, and the sim card. They took the sim card, put it in a new phone, and it worked.

Newbomb Turk
10/14/2006, 09:56 AM
is enough to kill a cell phone.

Hopefully it will dry out and still work, but I'm not optimistic.

so did you drop it in before or after?

sooner_born_1960
10/14/2006, 09:58 AM
Don't eat the rice afterwards.

sanantoniosooner
10/14/2006, 09:59 AM
so did you drop it in before or after?
during the flush. no solids.

I was lucky to catch it before scotty beamed it out.