PDA

View Full Version : Guess OUr record the last 18 games

TXBOOMER
10/13/2006, 09:07 PM
I saw this posted on another thread and had to go look it up for myself because I could not believe it.

It is 11-7.

Losses-USC-Tech(BS)-texass-UCLA-TCU-texass-Oregon(BS)

Wins-UAB-Washington-Middle Tennessee State-Tulsa-KState-Kansas-Baylor-Shuckers-aTm-OSU-Oregon.

Even if we don't get screwd at Tech and Oregan and we were 13-5 we have not beat what we consider a real quality opponent since texass over two years ago.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/13/2006, 09:15 PM
Totally Right!!! Oregon and Washington have shown just how sucky they truly are!!! THat Oregon team last year!!! WOW!!! What a ****TY team!!!! I mean, most ****ty teams get snubbed for BCS bowls!

OU-HSV
10/13/2006, 09:19 PM
Totally Right!!! Oregon and Washington have shown just how sucky they truly are!!! THat Oregon team last year!!! WOW!!! What a ****TY team!!!! I mean, most ****ty teams get snubbed for BCS bowls!
:D

Octavian
10/13/2006, 09:30 PM
horsepigs.

nytehorn
10/13/2006, 09:36 PM
WOW. I never would have guessed that.

OKC-SLC
10/13/2006, 09:47 PM
that's kind of crappy, really.

bcgvh
10/13/2006, 10:34 PM
Do I need to remind you guys what our record was throughout the mid-late 1990s? It could be worse...much worse.

BIG_IKE
10/13/2006, 10:47 PM
Damn....Well, hell it happens to us all at some point. Nebraska did it in one season not too long ago.

Indy Sooner
10/13/2006, 11:23 PM
Do I need to remind you guys what our record was throughout the mid-late 1990s? It could be worse...much worse.

Well, this is not the mid-90s and the head coach is now making $2 million or more annually in total compensation. This university and its fans deserve better than 11-7 given the program's heritage and amount of money flowing into the football program.

crimson&cream
10/13/2006, 11:28 PM
In the last 14 games we're 10-4 with 2 of those loses being we we're robbed by terrible ref calls therefore we'd be 12-2 and 1 of the 2 remaining loses was winable..... Texass this yr.:pop:

TrophyCollector
10/13/2006, 11:39 PM

Or that before that we had back-to-back undefeated regular seasons.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2006, 11:43 PM
we are 0-1 in the last week...fire everybody

Sooner24
10/13/2006, 11:57 PM
1981-1982 Barry Switzer was 15-8-1 and a lot of people wanted Barry gone.

mightysooner
10/14/2006, 12:36 AM
It's not "would be records" that I'm concerned with. It's the level of play and the mentality I'm witnessing that's at the heart of the issue I think. We should be playing at a level that negates the instant replay disasters and officiating. What I've noticed is that we've gone from a mentality of talking about how well we played all game in areas, to a more defensive posture arguing about how well we played for 51 minutes, or how we held Texas to 200+ yards, Oregon to 10 points for 3 quarters, or were it not for the penalties we played well, or that we played well most of the game but gave up only 2-3 big plays blah-blah-blah and that's why we lost. You get my point. There's a different mentality in Norman these days and it seems we're on the defensive about how well we played in spurts or poor officiating. That mentality is the big problem to me. I thought our mantra was "no excuses"?

The Preach Man
10/14/2006, 02:57 PM
I saw this posted on another thread and had to go look it up for myself because I could not believe it.

It is 11-7.

Losses-USC-Tech(BS)-texass-UCLA-TCU-texass-Oregon(BS)

Wins-UAB-Washington-Middle Tennessee State-Tulsa-KState-Kansas-Baylor-Shuckers-aTm-OSU-Oregon.

Even if we don't get screwd at Tech and Oregan and we were 13-5 we have not beat what we consider a real quality opponent since texass over two years ago.

hmmmm,

Losses-

USC| (national champs)
Tech|(bs)but they were a good team that we were not picked to beat
Texas|(national champs)
UCLA| (a top 10 team I think)Was close game until late in the game and we were breaking in a new team.
TCU| (conference champs) They only lost one game that year I think.
Texas|(very good team) You just dont win them all. We were in the game even with 5 turnovers.
Oregon(MAJOR BS!!!!) The bottom line is that we beat this team. BUT they are still a VERY good team.

soooooo, you guys can cry about our 'sucky' record all you want but that doesnt change the fact that we are still one of the best programs in the land. We have lost to some of the best in the land during our rebuilding years, BIG DEAL. Not even OU averages a national championship every 10 years. Lets live in reality here guys.