PDA

View Full Version : Several close calls today

Jerk
10/13/2006, 06:15 PM
I almost ran over a pick-up truck doing a U turn on the highway between Wellston and Chandler. I didn't see him 'till the last second and he is lucky that he didn't swing into the right lane to make that hard turn. There ain't alot of room on those turn arounds. They're supposed to be for cops only.

Some chick passed me and tried to get back into the right lane. Problem was that I was still there. Hey lady, you might actually want to completely pass the vehicle before you get back over. And get off the damned cell phone. My eyes got as big as half-dollars and looked like the run-away brides. If I wouldn't have hit the brakes, she would have veered right into the front left quarter of the tractor.

I hit one of those big bags of mulch once I started going down that big hill just west of Sapulpa. No big deal, really, but my steering tires are kind of important. The bag exploded like a bomb, sending the little cars scrambling for cover.

I could have made more money by making a 2nd trip to Tulsa, but I was like...nah, f*ck that. I think I'll do some short local runs inside OKC and call it a week.

Funny- I tell you guys about my close calls buy I don't tell the wife.

Sooner_Bob
10/13/2006, 06:38 PM
I'll bet you could write a book about this stuff . . . my bro-in-law drove cross-country for several years and some of the stuff he's told us about just blows me away.

Jerk
10/13/2006, 06:46 PM
I'll bet you could write a book about this stuff . . . my bro-in-law drove cross-country for several years and some of the stuff he's told us about just blows me away.

I don't know about a story, but...

I've actually thought about installing video cameras on the truck. One in front. One in back. Give me a year of footage to go through and I could cut a nice vid.

BajaOklahoma
10/13/2006, 07:09 PM
We lost a student at the Senior High today. Got in a hurry to go to lunch and raced another car. They touched and this car took out a light pole. The pictures show the front of the car facing twelve o'clock and the back of the car at 9 o'clock. The driver and passenger weren't wearing seatbelts, both ended up on the pavement.

LilSooner
10/13/2006, 07:56 PM
Some dumbass dude driving a big *** truck almost took my Rhino out today. He (the dumb *** truck driver) wasn't paying attention to what he was doing got into the other lane of traffic hitting another car smashing all of the windows out. Then knocking that poor person over into rhino's lane he swerved to miss and was luckily not in this stupid *** accident.

Stupid people really **** me off.

10/13/2006, 07:59 PM
The word "Sapulpa" has always sounded like something I shouldn't say in public.

Jerk
10/13/2006, 08:07 PM
The word "Sapulpa" has always sounded like something I shouldn't say in public.

Is it "titty"?

hehehe

Titty.

Jerk
10/13/2006, 08:09 PM
uh wait, that don't ryme

Czar Soonerov
10/13/2006, 09:08 PM
Mulva?

Rhino
10/13/2006, 09:41 PM
Some dumbass dude driving a big *** truck almost took my Rhino out today. He (the dumb *** truck driver) wasn't paying attention to what he was doing got into the other lane of traffic hitting another car smashing all of the windows out. Then knocking that poor person over into rhino's lane he swerved to miss and was luckily not in this stupid *** accident.

Stupid people really **** me off. Yeah, I didn't really appreciate him crashing into that other car.

Luckily, I like beer or I'd be jittery tonight.

Jerk
10/13/2006, 09:44 PM
Just let that 80,000 pound truck hit you next time.

You can sue and get rich!!!

Rhino
10/13/2006, 09:48 PM
Lil's "big *** truck" description is lacking.

It was a big ol' dooley work truck, not a semi. But man, did it shatter that glass.

Jerk
10/13/2006, 09:49 PM
oh! Don't let that basterd hit you. He probably is broke and has no insurance.

Rhino
10/13/2006, 09:49 PM
****in' A.

LilSooner
10/13/2006, 09:50 PM
Jerk I always wonder if I am passing you when I make my Tuesday run up to Tulsa.

soonerboomer93
10/13/2006, 10:01 PM
Heh, you should come drive here, it's "different"

VeeJay
10/13/2006, 11:06 PM
Do gals ever flash their headlights at you? I think you know what I mean. My BIL is a driver and he's always getting the eye candy. Or so he says.

All I get in a cubicle all day long is cleavage and thong shots.

It's disappointing, actually.

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2006, 11:10 PM
I almost ran over a pick-up truck doing a U turn on the highway between Wellston and Chandler.
A family in our church lost the dad that way.

They were doing a uturn on a two lane highway, similar to HWY 9.

3 kids.

SicEmBaylor
10/13/2006, 11:16 PM
The summer after my freshman year I ran to Braum's in Muskogee to get lunch. I get to the last red light on 64 before going back to Fort Gibson and my ex g/f's new boyfriend pulls up next to me in his truck that made my beetle look like...well..a beetle.

Anyway, he reved his engine up and that ****ed me off so I decided to race the jackass back to FTG. I kicked his *** back to FTG and I thought that was the end of it but the idiot decided to try to race me through town and actually drove onto the shoulder/dirt to pass this car to catch up with me.

Stupid moron almost caused two wrecks (not that it excuses my part in it).

TheHumanAlphabet
10/14/2006, 03:50 AM
oh! Don't let that basterd hit you. He probably is broke and has no insurance.

and ILLEGAL!!!!

Jerk
10/14/2006, 06:10 AM
Jerk I always wonder if I am passing you when I make my Tuesday run up to Tulsa.

http://www.truckstopmodels.com/images/catalog/cmc14020_lg.jpg

My truck is the same, minus the sleeper. It is white, with a blue stripe on the hood. Lights on the back of the trailer are red and yellow LED's.

Mudflaps are white, and say "Walker A Carlisle Company"

The exhaust stacks are rediculously high. Windows tinted very dark. Illegally dark.

Jerk
10/14/2006, 06:12 AM
Do gals ever flash their headlights at you? I think you know what I mean. My BIL is a driver and he's always getting the eye candy. Or so he says.

All I get in a cubicle all day long is cleavage and thong shots.

It's disappointing, actually.

No, not me. Most I ever get is a smile. You know, they're laughing at me.

whatsername
10/14/2006, 07:16 AM
No, not me. Most I ever get is a smile. You know, they're laughing at me.
Last weekend, I was on the Muskogee Turnpike and I passed a truck with a handwritten sign on the back. It said something like this...

HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
Sexy Driver
(He's bald)

He got a laugh and smile out of me. :)