PDA

View Full Version : UT in National Championship Game???

soonerlaw
10/13/2006, 03:56 PM
I know the BCS doesn't come out for another few days, but right now, saxeT is ranked #6. The only tough tests ahead of them are NU and possibly Mizzou in the big 12 championship. They will be favored in both.

#1 tOSU will have to play #4 Mich. down the road. #2 USC still has Cal, Oregon and ND. #3 Florida plays in the SEC. #5 WVU has Louisville and Pitt. Anyone here think TX can run the table and have a legitimate shot at getting back to the MNC? That is my worst nightmare... especially since there are so many damn whorns in my office.

Taxman71
10/13/2006, 03:59 PM
West VA runs the table. Ohio St will have 1 loss, but won't slip behind the whorns after thrashing them last month.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/13/2006, 04:09 PM
I know the BCS doesn't come out for another few days, but right now, saxeT is ranked #6. The only tough tests ahead of them are NU and possibly Mizzou in the big 12 championship. They will be favored in both.

#1 tOSU will have to play #4 Mich. down the road. #2 USC still has Cal, Oregon and ND. #3 Florida plays in the SEC. #5 WVU has Louisville and Pitt. Anyone here think TX can run the table and have a legitimate shot at getting back to the MNC? That is my worst nightmare... especially since there are so many damn whorns in my office.

Maybe they have a shot, but it isn't much of one. OSU will get in ahead of Hook 'em unless they lose twice. The Louisville-WV winner will be ahead. Strength of schedule won't help Hook 'em either unless we run the table. Outside of beating us and losing to Ohio St the games against Rice, Sam Houston and N Texas won't help. If the SEC champ doesn't have 2 losses they will be ranked higher.

Blues1
10/13/2006, 04:18 PM
Right Now I see Michigan Vs Florida (Maybe Louiville or West Virgina) - But Texas would have a very hard time to over come a Ohio State with one loss for the season....Ohio State would have to lose 2 games for that to happen....#3 is The Best horns can hope for....

And a 10 and 2 for us coming in around # 9 or 10 - would be my guess on our best shot for this year....?? - IF we are Lucky with some style point Wins..??

JMHO....

Whatever or however it comes down --- I hope for a BCS Meltdown -especially since we won't be there......:D

YEp R'

Boomer.....
10/13/2006, 04:21 PM
I don't see them getting in. I think it is between tOSU, Succ, Florida, Michigan, and sadly WV.

Flagstaffsooner
10/13/2006, 04:21 PM
Oh, God, the humanity!
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/8/89/200px-Richard_Sanders.jpg

BIG_IKE
10/13/2006, 04:27 PM
Actually....

Because of WHEN the Whorns lost, and WHO the whorns lost to (#1 team), looking at who is in front of them...they have a good chance. Only is tOSU wins out though.

WV is not gonna beat Louisville....and neither Louisville or WV are gonna get enough computer points because they have a weaker schedule than Texas. Miami not doing well is hurting Louisville too...

And you have to think, the more the SEC keeps beating eachother their stock is gonna drop. You know good and well if Texas keeps winning and all those teams in fron t of them lose, they are gonna pass them in the human poll.

Saxet winning out has a good chance..especially if they win impressivley. That bugs me...but you know what bugs me more???

Had we beaten them and Oregon....it would be US in the drivers seat, Ad would be guaranteed the Heisman and we would be a shoo in for the MNC game because mark my words..the entire SEC will have a loss this season.

Taxman71
10/13/2006, 05:25 PM
I think this is all moot. Tejas just ain't that great of a team to run the table in the Big 12, especially the road games.

And I don't see West Va losing to Louisville or anyone else right now. Those guys bring the wood.

The Maestro
10/13/2006, 05:35 PM
horns lose at Nebraska.........I hope.

BIG_IKE
10/13/2006, 05:39 PM
I think this is all moot. Tejas just ain't that great of a team to run the table in the Big 12, especially the road games.

And I don't see West Va losing to Louisville or anyone else right now. Those guys bring the wood.

I honestly dont think WV could beat US..
Call me crazy if you want to. But who in the hell haas West Virginia played this year???

Marshall??!?!?

Are you kiddin me? And the media was pumpin them up for beating Miss. State.....please!!!
WVU is overrated and if you took more than half the teams in the Big 12 and had them play the people WV has played they would look good too.

And as far as Saxet goes...

The only REAL game they have left is Nebraska, who they have OWNED since forever. TTech sucks in my opinion, and Aggy cant win in Austin. Who else?? They have a trash schedule and should win out..

oufan1
10/13/2006, 06:19 PM
I hope they make it.. would be great for the conference :rolleyes:

FlatheadSooner
10/13/2006, 06:58 PM
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictures/grail/small/HolyGrail119.jpg

nytehorn
10/13/2006, 08:40 PM
Mathematically, it looks like it would border line on the impossible, unless everyone in front of us loses. The computers don't like us. One reportedly has us at #21. I will be glad to see the first BCS Poll, just to see how the computers rank everyone. Also, I tend to agree with Taxman71. Nebraska will be a tough road game for us, and we may very well lose that one. We HAVE owned them for awhile, so it is probably time for the tables to turn, and them upset us, as we did to them in the mid 90's. If we happen to do win out,losing early was a plus. If Auburn beats Florida, Penn State beats Michigan, and then Michigan beats Ohio St, Louisville beats WV, who plays for the MNC??

OU-HSV
10/13/2006, 09:50 PM
I don't know guys..I think the shorthorns could meet someone in the champ. game. I mean, like someone else said, they lost to the "#1" team in the nation and they have a good shot at winning out. The teams between the shorthorns and the #1 spot could still lose, allowing them to jump up. But let's not all get to far ahead, there's an awful lot of games to be played still.

Big Red Ron
10/13/2006, 10:11 PM
Texass goes down at Nebraska. Mark it down. I doubt they would have beaten us if they had to play in Norman.

BIG_IKE
10/13/2006, 10:45 PM
Texass goes down at Nebraska. Mark it down. I doubt they would have beaten us if they had to play in Norman.
Lets hope so...

But the bugeaters havent beat the Whorns in Lincoln since 1933..

Soonerus
10/13/2006, 10:51 PM
I really do not think the Horns will be in the Big XII Championship game...IMO...

Big Red Ron
10/13/2006, 10:56 PM
Lets hope so...

But the bugeaters havent beat the Whorns in Lincoln since 1933..I never buy those trends. I mean how many times did they actually play and what was the timing...

UT just isn't that great of a team. NU at home with a decent defense, a solid QB and better than average RB will be tough. I'll bet it'll be a tad colder than Austin too.

ultimatesooner1
10/14/2006, 01:42 AM
I never buy those trends. I mean how many times did they actually play and what was the timing...

UT just isn't that great of a team. NU at home with a decent defense, a solid QB and better than average RB will be tough. I'll bet it'll be a tad colder than Austin too.

NU is far from having a decent defense, john blake is one of their position coaches for gawd sake

BIG_IKE
10/14/2006, 07:52 AM
NU is far from having a decent defense, john blake is one of their position coaches for gawd sake

John Blake? That awesome coach we had? ;)

Crucifax Autumn
10/14/2006, 03:17 PM
Screw Texass. As good as they may be, I personally hope they blow a couple of games and help us into a BCS game after we beat Missouri in the Big 12 championship game. We may have fallen short of our real goals, but I'd like to see us reach the top 10 by the final polls, and that's not gonna happen if Texass wins out.