PDA

View Full Version : Friday The 13th Struck Early

SoonerBorn68
10/13/2006, 07:23 AM
We've been drilling along with hardly any problems until last night. The bits are wearing out prety quickly so we're having to trip out about every third day to change them. So, last night they decide to trip early because the drilling slowed down. They get out of the hole this morning about 4 & the last 7 ft. of the drill pipe and the bit are not there. Seems we "backed off" (unscrewed) the bit and part of the drill motor. Now we'll have to go around the junk we left down hole.

Joy.

Looks like going home early next week just turned into another couple or so. :mad:

LoyalFan
10/13/2006, 07:27 AM
We've been drilling along with hardly any problems until last night. The bits are wearing out prety quickly so we're having to trip out about every third day to change them. So, last night they decide to trip early because the drilling slowed down. They get out of the hole this morning about 4 & the last 7 ft. of the drill pipe and the bit are not there. Seems we "backed off" (unscrewed) the bit and part of the drill motor. Now we'll have to go around the junk we left down hole.

Joy.

Looks like going home early next week just turned into another couple or so. :mad:

Sounds like a job for....MAGNET MAN!

Good luck!

LF

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2006, 07:27 AM
I hate when that happens

sanantoniosooner
10/13/2006, 07:29 AM
Sounds like a job for....MAGNET MAN!

Good luck!

LF
http://www.toolweb.com/pics/CARMG03.jpg

LoyalFan
10/13/2006, 07:29 AM
I hate when that happens

Yeah, don'tcha though? Me too.

LF

Mjcpr
10/13/2006, 07:45 AM
You need to get that junk out of there or you'll have to do it later when the oil industry cleans up your abandoned oil well site and puts in a softball park.

Howzit
10/13/2006, 07:53 AM
Check with Rogue. His title thingy says he's a shipping magnet...

Mjcpr
10/13/2006, 08:13 AM
Check with Rogue. His title thingy says he's a shipping magnet...

1) This one
2) Sirius
3) 'Night Howzit

Howzit
10/13/2006, 08:16 AM
:D

Okla-homey
10/13/2006, 08:17 AM

For the record, if any of that metal junk gets in my crankcase (or trunk) I'm suing you and everyone involved right on up to the Wal-marts where I bought the motor oil. Oil field slacker.;)

TexasSooner01
10/13/2006, 08:59 AM

Joy.

Get with my dad....SoonerINHouston (not SoonerNHouston) he might be able to help....He works in the oil field too.....

Good Luck! and Have Fun! :D

OUinFLA
10/13/2006, 09:07 AM
I dont know why you hi-tech people overlook the easy solutions.

http://www.ezreacher.com/images/products/product-ezr220.jpg

TexasSooner01
10/13/2006, 09:08 AM

http://www.ezreacher.com/images/products/product-ezr220.jpg

:D Good one! HA

Ragant
10/13/2006, 09:24 AM
I Love when this happens cause we just get to spend more time out here and get paid for not doing a ****ing thing. Its even better if they try to fish it out then have to cement some of the hole off and then drill around it cause that just adds more paid days. It just sucks I'm taking vacation for a couple of days when this happens. :D

VeeJay
10/13/2006, 12:49 PM
My advice to you would be to drink heavily.

OUDoc
10/13/2006, 12:55 PM
A ferret and a plunger should do it.

Edit: Without the pic, Pat won't understand the post.

Flagstaffsooner
10/13/2006, 12:59 PM

http://www.ezreacher.com/images/products/product-ezr220.jpgSic em's colors, hmmm.

Petro-Sooner
10/13/2006, 01:05 PM
Drill a hole large enough for a human to be lowered by harness to the bit. He can grab it and bring it up. YWIA :texan:

Flagstaffsooner
10/13/2006, 01:08 PM
BTW, the fear of Friday the 13th is paraskavedekatriaphobia.

I want to hear Olevet pronounce that after a few brews.

OUDoc
10/13/2006, 01:08 PM
BTW, the fear of Friday the 13th is paraskavedekatriaphobia.
God bless you.