PDA

View Full Version : CRAP!

Norm In Norman
10/12/2006, 09:15 PM
I have broken out with hives pretty much all over my body. I went to the am/pm clinic and the doctor thinks I am allergic to the new fabric softner we got (even though it's been 2 weeks since we've changed). The bad part is he gave me a steroid shot and a prescription for some steroid pills and told me I can't drink any alcohol.

So ... NO BEER FOR THE GAME!

At least it's a morning game, so I would have been less likely to drink beer.

GottaHavePride
10/12/2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, that sucks. My hands did that because of a plant or something over the summer and they're still a little wacky. I feel like Barry Bonds in the morning, putting steroids on my hands.

[Cleveland Jr.] hahaha! I'm just like Barry Bonds! I don't know what this stuff is I'm rubbin' on my am! hahaha! [/Cleveland Jr.]

Fugue
10/12/2006, 09:18 PM
methinks the hives steroid combo will have you under the influence in a great way anyway

mdklatt
10/12/2006, 09:20 PM
I have broken out with hives pretty much all over my body. ... The bad part is he gave me a steroid shot and a prescription for some steroid pills and told me I can't drink any alcohol.

You've broken out in hives all over and the bad part is that you can't have alcohol??

The first step is admitting that you have a problem....

Czar Soonerov
10/12/2006, 09:20 PM
So ... NO BEER FOR THE GAME!

I'll bring you some crack...

OCUDad
10/12/2006, 09:21 PM
You realize this admission has cost you a shot at the Hall of Fame, don't you?

sooneron
10/12/2006, 09:21 PM
I'll bring you some crack...
IN!:texan:

OUDoc
10/12/2006, 09:29 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.

Disclaimer: In no way should OUDoc be held responsible if Norm dies. ;)

RacerX
10/12/2006, 09:34 PM
Don't worry Norm. I'll drink your share.

GottaHavePride
10/12/2006, 09:35 PM
Actually, when I got my meds it was the Zyrtec that said not to drink alcohol with it. the prednisone didn't say crap about alcohol in the warnings. :D

Howzit
10/12/2006, 09:35 PM
Wholebodyherpes.

Norm In Norman
10/12/2006, 09:52 PM
Wow, I've taken Zyrtec before and I drank away.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 09:55 PM
Wow, I've taken Zyrtec before and I drank away.

me, too. Maybe...that's....what this twitch...is all about...

jk the sooner fan
10/12/2006, 10:01 PM
wow i drink beer and i'm on zyrtec all the time

GottaHavePride
10/12/2006, 10:07 PM
I think the warning is only in reference to some miniscule percentage chance that you might start bleeding from your ***, or something. I don't know. ;)

mdklatt
10/12/2006, 10:11 PM
I think the warning is only in reference to some miniscule percentage chance that you might start bleeding from your ***, or something.

That's nothing new for the metroplexuals if you know what I mean.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 10:11 PM
I think it's a "it messes with your liver thing" - at least that's what my doctor brother-in-law says. But I figure...if I'm drinkin' anyway, and my liver's already shot, then what the hell? down the hatch!

Norm In Norman
10/13/2006, 08:43 AM
I think the warning is only in reference to some miniscule percentage chance that you might start bleeding from your ***, or something. I don't know. ;)
Well, they gave me the steroid shot in my ***. Maybe that's it?

The nurse asked me which cheek I wanted my shot in. I told her I was partial to both of them, so she could make the decision for me. Does anyone here have an *** cheek preference?

Mjcpr
10/13/2006, 08:49 AM
Well, they gave me the steroid shot in my ***. Maybe that's it?

The nurse asked me which cheek I wanted my shot in. I told her I was partial to both of them, so she could make the decision for me. Does anyone here have an *** cheek preference?

I can never choose, so I just always go for the middle.

Mixer!
10/13/2006, 08:49 AM
...and HERE COME THE SHARTING REFERENCES! :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/13/2006, 09:11 AM
I fold my leg under and sit on my right foot. I've always done this.

So the heel of my right foot is always being squished by my left buttcheek. So I'd pick that one since it's already being abused. Just give me the shot right in the divot.

You were serious when you asked, right?

MamaMia
10/13/2006, 09:22 AM
I drank while taking prednisone for years when I was misdiagnosed with having polymiositis, when it fact all it was was allergies to dust, cigartettes and my new kitten, who is now an 11 year old cat who lives with my cousin.

Norm In Norman
10/13/2006, 09:24 AM
I fold my leg under and sit on my right foot. I've always done this.

So the heel of my right foot is always being squished by my left buttcheek. So I'd pick that one since it's already being abused. Just give me the shot right in the divot.

You were serious when you asked, right?
Yes. I'm wondering if I should start having preferences for stuff like that. Maybe I'm weird for not having a butt cheeck already picked out. I don't know.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/13/2006, 09:28 AM
Yes. I'm wondering if I should start having preferences for stuff like that. Maybe I'm weird for not having a butt cheeck already picked out. I don't know.

Kinda like when you give blood and they ask which arm you wanna poke. Should I know which one is better? I don't know, either.

Oh, and I just checked and my right heel is being squished by my RIGHT buttcheek.

So that's the one. Forget about the left one. Freakin' weaksauce buttcheek...

Norm In Norman
10/13/2006, 09:32 AM
Maybe you periodically switch buttcheeks and you don't realize you do it. Maybe you should keep a log so you can research this later.

mdklatt
10/13/2006, 09:33 AM
Maybe you periodically switch buttcheeks and you don't realize you do it. Maybe you should keep a log so you can research this later.

Spreadsheet time!

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/13/2006, 09:33 AM
This would explain the divots in both of them.

:eddie:

And I think I will keep a log. For science. And stuff.

Norm In Norman
10/13/2006, 09:34 AM
A buttcheek log.

olevetonahill
10/13/2006, 09:37 AM
Kinda like when you give blood and they ask which arm you wanna poke. Should I know which one is better? I don't know, either.

Oh, and I just checked and my right heel is being squished by my RIGHT buttcheek.

So that's the one. Forget about the left one. Freakin' weaksauce buttcheek...
So do you wiggle your toes alot and smile all the time :D

Mjcpr
10/13/2006, 09:38 AM
Spreadcheek time!

Gross.

olevetonahill
10/13/2006, 09:40 AM
when i was in the VA hospital they shot me more times than the vc :eek:
one time a nurse came in to give me shot asked me what cheek i wanted it in i said like i really have a choice , she sayed sure you do i said GREAT PUT IT IN YOURS

10/13/2006, 09:44 AM
"Log"

sooner_born_1960
10/13/2006, 09:53 AM
Hives ain't that bad. I'd rather live with the hives and drink beer.