PDA

View Full Version : Damn, son...

bri
10/12/2006, 04:40 PM
I'm keying a batch of criminal records from Washington state, and there's one dude in here that got charged with 28 counts of supplying liquor to minors. So many counts, that they had to split it into two cases, because the most counts you can have in a single case in WA is 20.

My question is, wouldn't it have just been easier to charge him with one felony count of "trying to f*ck a drunk high school girl"?

Stoop Dawg
10/12/2006, 04:44 PM
That's a felony? Oh, ****!

IronSooner
10/12/2006, 04:54 PM
It took them 28 times to figure the guy out?

Frozen Sooner
10/12/2006, 08:24 PM
I'm keying a batch of criminal records from Washington state, and there's one dude in here that got charged with 28 counts of supplying liquor to minors. So many counts, that they had to split it into two cases, because the most counts you can have in a single case in WA is 20.

My question is, wouldn't it have just been easier to charge him with one felony count of "trying to f*ck a drunk high school girl"?

Listen, Bri, I was at my dad's house and I was bored. What the hell else am I going to do in Olympia?

MiccoMacey
10/12/2006, 08:42 PM
Mike,

Don't knock Olympia. Absolutely hands down the most beautiful country in the US of A.

Way better than that shipping dock you call Anchorage. ;)

Fugue
10/12/2006, 08:43 PM
:pop:

royalfan5
10/12/2006, 08:46 PM
I think I have an Olympia in the fridge. I might have to go crack it open.

Fugue
10/12/2006, 08:48 PM
that's some quality brew, i've a foety of Mickey's I need to chew down. :twinkies:

Frozen Sooner
10/12/2006, 09:11 PM
Mike,

Don't knock Olympia. Absolutely hands down the most beautiful country in the US of A.

Way better than that shipping dock you call Anchorage. ;)

Having lived in both, I'm going to have to respectfully state that you're off your rocker. The South Sound is beautiful, but compared to South Central Alaska? Pfft.

MiccoMacey
10/12/2006, 09:25 PM
Man, I miss the Great NorthWest. :sad:

And trees. I miss trees. These tall shrubs that people out here call trees are just not in the same ball park as the trees out there. Heck, thre not even the same sport.

bri
10/12/2006, 09:27 PM
Listen, Bri, I was at my dad's house and I was bored. What the hell else am I going to do in Olympia?

Well, if keying the criminal records of Washington state's best and brightest has taught me anything...driving without a license and beating your woman.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 09:28 PM
Man, I miss the Great NorthWest. :sad:

And trees. I miss trees. These tall shrubs that people out here call trees are just not in the same ball park as the trees out there. Heck, thre not even the same sport.

the trees are beautiful right now - changing all kinds of crazy colors.

on topic: I'm continually amazed how many people that apply for jobs at my work have a criminal background - even these really prissy looking girls. :eek:

Fugue
10/12/2006, 09:30 PM
the trees are beautiful right now - changing all kinds of crazy colors.

on topic: I'm continually amazed how many people that apply for jobs at my work have a criminal background - even these really prissy looking girls. :eek:

well, what's on your record? :texan:

Scott D
I'm continually amazed how many people hire people with a criminal background while shunning those of us who don't have one.

bri
Holy sh*t! It's a lil'duck sighting! Quick, someone go wake up Selma! ;)

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 09:34 PM
Holy sh*t! It's a lil'duck sighting! Quick, someone go wake up Selma! ;)

heh. Oh, and they don't get hired where I work with a C.B. ....:cool:

but it's always funny to me how the deviant looking folks have the clean records and these really button-up'd types have the records...I guess they are over-compensating or something.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 09:35 PM
well, what's on your record? :texan:

nada....yet, anyway.;)

bri
10/12/2006, 09:37 PM
It's always fun to try and guess who actually thinks they can get the job they're applying for, and who's just trying to keep their damn probation officer off their back.

For instance, people with just minor traffic misdemeanors? Probably good, upstanding members of society who will be an asset to Sears or Circuit City. The guy that got charged with first degree murder? Probably not so much.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 09:40 PM
It's always fun to try and guess who actually thinks they can get the job they're applying for, and who's just trying to keep their damn probation officer off their back.

For instance, people with just minor traffic misdemeanors? Probably good, upstanding members of society who will be an asset to Sears or Circuit City. The guy that got charged with first degree murder? Probably not so much.

my personal fav (not really criminal, but kind of!) was this guy who was on unemployment and got a job w/ us, then didn't report his hours to the gov - then when the gov asked me - I of course ratted the guy out. OH MAN, what an uproar this caused with this guy - he had to pay it all back. AND he was running a non-incorporated computer-fix-it company on campus...so I would always see his fliers on the campus bill boards. ******.

bri
10/12/2006, 09:46 PM
Outstanding.

I have several favorites from my fairly brief tenure in background investigations. For example, I was keying a WA superior court case where a guy was charged with 1st degree murder...which they later amended to assault. Figure THAT one out. :D

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 09:49 PM
Outstanding.

I have several favorites from my fairly brief tenure in background investigations. For example, I was keying a WA superior court case where a guy was charged with 1st degree murder...which they later amended to assault. Figure THAT one out. :D

that's just plain depressing.

Do you have to drink at nights so that it begins to all make sense again? ;)

bri
10/12/2006, 09:50 PM
Nah.

I have to drink at night so I don't get the shakes.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 09:53 PM
Nah.

I have to drink at night so I don't get the shakes.

LOL. So what did you do in your stint in background investigations? I mean, what was your role?

bri
10/12/2006, 09:56 PM
I'm just a records entry monkey. Other, more highly-trained professionals (giggle, chortle, snort) pull the records and send them over to my group, where we dilligently enter them into the system so we can print sleek, shiny reports for our customers to let them know what kind of scum wants to work for them. :D

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 09:58 PM
I'm just a records entry monkey. Other, more highly-trained professionals (giggle, chortle, snort) pull the records and send them over to my group, where we dilligently enter them into the system so we can print sleek, shiny reports for our customers to let them know what kind of scum wants to work for them. :D

I hope you made sure to put your TPS cover on it.

bri
10/12/2006, 10:02 PM
Meh, it comes over to us with the TPS cover sheet. I just have to staple it all together. :P

Scott D
10/12/2006, 10:09 PM
fun fun

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 10:14 PM
Meh, it comes over to us with the TPS cover sheet. I just have to staple it all together. :P

sounds like what I do. I run the b.c.'s (eh, data entry I mean...) and then when I get an alert I have to send it to HR to tell me whether or not it's a hire. Best part: I don't even get to know what it's all about. So when I get an alert and HR says "fine to hire"...I'm always thinking - REALLY? Let's hope this is a traffic violation, otherwise I better not **** off this employee - he could end up going postal.

Fugue
10/12/2006, 10:16 PM
sounds like what I do. I run the b.c.'s (eh, data entry I mean...) and then when I get an alert I have to send it to HR to tell me whether or not it's a hire. Best part: I don't even get to know what it's all about. So when I get an alert and HR says "fine to hire"...I'm always thinking - REALLY? Let's hope this is a traffic violation, otherwise I better not **** off this employee - he could end up going postal.

Dean? heh

Scott D
so can I blame lil'duck for my job woes?

I'd like a ruling here.

hurricane'bone

But its not a Transaction Processing System.

Oh and you guys hiring?

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 10:17 PM
so can I blame lil'duck for my job woes?

I'd like a ruling here.

eh? What for? :confused:

Scott D
10/12/2006, 10:19 PM
why not?

1stTimeCaller
10/12/2006, 10:23 PM
as long as it's not a felony or stealing why shouldn't a company hire someone that has a blip on the background check?

bri
10/12/2006, 10:24 PM
But its not a Transaction Processing System.

Oh and you guys hiring?

With our turnover? We're ALWAYS hiring. You might want to read my blog about what a pigsty the office is before you submit your application, tho. :D

hurricane'bone
10/12/2006, 10:25 PM
With our turnover? We're ALWAYS hiring. You might want to read my blog about what a pigsty the office is before you submit your application, tho. :D

does that mean I'm actually gonna have to check myspace? great.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 10:25 PM
why not?

good point. blame away. :) What job woes do you have?

bri
10/12/2006, 10:26 PM
does that mean I'm actually gonna have to check myspace? great.

:les: WHY DO YOU HATE TOM?!?

hurricane'bone
10/12/2006, 10:27 PM
Are you guys having a big conference? We had someone from your company come into the store tonight, they were from Minnesota.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 10:29 PM
as long as it's not a felony or stealing why shouldn't a company hire someone that has a blip on the background check?

no reason at all...I just always wonder what it's about. I had a guy once who applied and he gave a written statement about why he had a Background (so I knew from his application what it was about) - he was charged w/ trespassing into someone's spa while drunk. I thought it was funny and he got the okay to hire.

hurricane'bone
10/12/2006, 10:29 PM
:les: WHY DO YOU HATE TOM?!?

:les:BECAUSE TOM ISN'T SELECTIVE LIKE MARK ZUCKERBERG IS!

bri
10/12/2006, 10:31 PM
Are you guys having a big conference? We had someone from your company come into the store tonight, they were from Minnesota.

We've always got vagabond sales-types drifting through so we can show them what the hell it is that we do...

hurricane'bone
10/12/2006, 10:55 PM
ok your office is like way dirty.

plus there aren't any jorbs I'm qualified for on your website.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:04 PM
somebody say something funny...before everyone goes to bed! It's only 9pm my time....:)

hurricane'bone
10/12/2006, 11:06 PM
8 girls left the statistics 1 mid-term crying today.

It.

Was.

AWESOME!

bri
10/12/2006, 11:06 PM
Shpadoinkle!

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:09 PM
8 girls left the statistics 1 mid-term crying today.

It.

Was.

AWESOME!

I don't get it.....or was that the point?

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:10 PM

okay, had a dumb blonde moment...I get it now! That is funny!

hurricane'bone
10/12/2006, 11:10 PM

you asked for someone to say something funny, and that is pretty funny.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:13 PM
you asked for someone to say something funny, and that is pretty funny.

no, that's hilarious. Crying...over a statistics midterm. Is your school like Harvard or something? Man at UO, we just shrugged it off and went to go get a pint.

hurricane'bone
10/12/2006, 11:16 PM
no, that's hilarious. Crying...over a statistics midterm. Is your school like Harvard or something? Man at UO, we just shrugged it off and went to go get a pint.

Pretty much the Harvard of the midwest.

bri
10/12/2006, 11:17 PM
It's the Harvard of Oklahoma! :D

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:21 PM
It's the Harvard of Oklahoma! :D

ah, I see, so it's a "new ivy" school. :)

still, crying over statistics. I never even cried over my calc exams...and some of those....WHOO - EY! let's just say they were loads of fun.

GottaHavePride
10/12/2006, 11:30 PM
ah, I see, so it's a "new ivy" school. :)

still, crying over statistics. I never even cried over my calc exams...and some of those....WHOO - EY! let's just say they were loads of fun.

No, we're a "Ivy doesn't grow in this f***in' heat, so we have kudzu instead"-league school.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:35 PM
No, we're a "Ivy doesn't grow in this f***in' heat, so we have kudzu instead"-league school.

LOL. kudzu is my kinda invasive species...I can't take care of a cactus.

bri
10/12/2006, 11:36 PM
Speak for yourselves...Tulsa is a delightfully moderate climate. Thanks to our hills and trees. :D

bri
10/12/2006, 11:37 PM
LOL. kudzu is my kinda invasive species...I can't take care of a cactus.

If only I were your kind of invasive species...

I got nothin'.

Scott D
10/12/2006, 11:39 PM
good point. blame away. :) What job woes do you have?

lack of quality jobs mainly.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:43 PM
arrgghh! It's not letting me submit a reply to a quote - cyber glitch.

bri - of course you're my type of invasive species - but I've been done snatched up already!

and Scott - welcome to my world. I've been trying to find a new job for 3 years - and have hda only 1 interview in that time!

Scott D
10/12/2006, 11:45 PM
you're suppossed to interview for jobs?

bri
10/12/2006, 11:46 PM

Only if you want them. :D

And duck, welcome to the recurring theme of my life. ;)

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:48 PM

so the rumor goes....

I came off "too strong" in my one interview and scared the pee outta the hiring super. ho-hum.

Frozen Sooner
10/12/2006, 11:49 PM
Yeah, taking out a hooter and throwing it on the guy's desk'll do that.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:49 PM
Only if you want them. :D

And duck, welcome to the recurring theme of my life. ;)

if only my husband could have a tragic, unfortunate accident...you'd be next on my list.

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah, taking out a hooter and throwing it on the guy's desk'll do that.

yeah, I guess I went a little tooooo far with that one. He did compliment my rack, though. ;)

bri
10/12/2006, 11:52 PM
if only my husband could have a tragic, unfortunate accident...you'd be next on my list.

If I had a dime for every time I've heard that...I'd have, like, two dimes. Possibly three.

:les: I CAN ALMOST AFFORD A CANDY BAR FROM THE VENDING MACHINE!!!

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:54 PM
If I had a dime for every time I've heard that...I'd have, like, two dimes. Possibly three.

:les: I CAN ALMOST AFFORD A CANDY BAR FROM THE VENDING MACHINE!!!

How about this one?

I have a friend, and she's got a GREAT personality! You should really meet her. How's 6'ish tonight?

bri
10/12/2006, 11:56 PM
Heh. That would result in a sh*tload of dimes. :D

lil'duck
10/12/2006, 11:59 PM

maybe we should start a "dimes for bri" campaign where we get you rich in the meantime....anytime someone says something like this to you on here - you get a DFB.

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2006, 12:01 AM
yeah, I guess I went a little tooooo far with that one. He did compliment my rack, though. ;)

I usually get that same response.

bri
IN.

:D

GottaHavePride

Enough for the toll booth?

bri
10/13/2006, 12:02 AM
I usually get that same response.

With your supple man-bosoms, are you surprised? :D

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2006, 12:04 AM
With your supple man-bosoms, are you surprised? :D

You gotta moisturize to get suppleness like this.

lil'duck
10/13/2006, 12:06 AM
I thought the real key was the man-zier.

bri
10/13/2006, 12:06 AM
Well yeah, what with all that dry, cold air you have up there.

And are you suggesting the Duke's son is an animal, Mike? ;)

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2006, 12:07 AM
Heh. I only changed that title like a minute ago. Nice pickup.

bri
10/13/2006, 12:09 AM
Well, I AM the Universe's super being...

lil'duck
10/13/2006, 12:10 AM
Well, I AM the Universe's super being...

must....resist....evil...temptation....too easy. ;)

GottaHavePride
10/13/2006, 12:11 AM
Heh. Dune nerds.

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2006, 12:11 AM
And I am your high-handed enemy...

If you get a chance, find the book Doon. National Lampoon published it several years back as a spoof of Dune. One of the enduring images I have is the Kareem Jabbar-the High-Handed Skyhook.

bri
10/13/2006, 12:13 AM
must....resist....evil...temptation....too easy. ;)

Oh, come on. Evil is the new black.

lil'duck
10/13/2006, 12:14 AM
And I am your high-handed enemy...

If you get a chance, find the book Doon. National Lampoon published it several years back as a spoof of Dune. One of the enduring images I have is the Kareem Jabbar-the High-Handed Skyhook.

Dune. heh. I realized I wouldn't get through that book when I saw that there was a whole historic epilogue in the back of the book that you HAD to read if you were to understand a bit of it.

bri
10/13/2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, it's probably just best to stick to watching the Lynch film...where the most confusing thing you have to figure out is, "Why is everyone's inner monolouge a whisper?"

Frozen Sooner
10/13/2006, 12:18 AM
It comes out on HD-DVD soon.

I may go ahead and buy it just to throw popcorn at Sting.

GottaHavePride
10/13/2006, 12:20 AM
I read al the Dune books, even Chapterhouse: Dune that was really f***ed up. The first two were awesome, and I thought even the first five were pretty solid. that last one was not quite up to the same standard, I thought.

bri
Dude, when they released the "Smithee" cut I was the happiest boy at Barbie's geek prom. :D

lil'duck
Yeah, it's probably just best to stick to watching the Lynch film...where the most confusing thing you have to figure out is, "Why is everyone's inner monolouge a whisper?"

no - the biggest wtf is the floating guy with boils on his face. wtf? Still love that movie, though.

bri
10/13/2006, 12:24 AM
Okay, everyone's on their own for the rest of the night. The sleeper must go to bed so that he can, in about six hours, awaken.

FATHER! THE SLEEPER WILL AWAKEN IN ABOUT SIX HOURS!!!!

Jeez, I just got nerd all over my keyboard. :(

lil'duck
10/13/2006, 12:27 AM
nighty, night double poster. :)