PDA

View Full Version : "The Ticket" just played Bob and Merv

fwsooner22
10/12/2006, 01:23 PM
KTCK - The Ticket in Dallas, just played the play by play of Merv and Bob....the play was the "lateral/no lateral".........It was completely embarrasing.........It was played during their "homer call of the week" segment ........Loads and Loads of laughter as they said the color guy must be 100 years old and the play by play guy has been there since the 20's.

Merv just kinda grunted "thats a lateral" and Bob muttered "its a touchdown".....nothing more...........

Another proud moment provided by Bob and Merv.

OKLA21FAN
10/12/2006, 01:26 PM
at least the SNAKE came to rescue!

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2006, 01:38 PM
How did Snake come to the resuce? I had to turn it off.

fwsooner22
10/12/2006, 01:38 PM
at least the SNAKE came to rescue!

Yeah, the snake (aka Corby who is a fake OU fan) said that Bob and Merv are simply "the worst announcers in the country"

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah, the snake (aka Corby who is a fake OU fan) said that Bob and Merv are simply "the worst announcers in the country"

How is he a fake OU fan? He didn't go there, but he was born there and has been a die hard fan all his life.

fwsooner22
10/12/2006, 01:59 PM
How is he a fake OU fan? He didn't go there, but he was born there and has been a die hard fan all his life.

Do you know him? Thats all I'm gonna say about that....my opinion he is a fake OU fan

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 01:59 PM

How is Snake is fake OU fan? His dad played for OU in the late 60s. You've never heard whining like Snake did after the Oregon game. He whined just as much as the rest of you ladies and David Boren did.

Give me a break. Snake is 110% OU fan. So much so that he often can't be objective about it.

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2006, 02:00 PM
Do you know him? Thats all I'm gonna say about that....my opinion he is a fake OU fan

No I don't know him, but he goes to a bunch of home games, OU Texas, @ UCLA last year, the NC game in 2004, and has a bunch of stories from his childhood about OU football and such. Why would he waste all that time and money to be a Fake OU fan?

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 02:04 PM
Dude, he's completely an OU fan. To suggest he's a fake OU fan is to suggest the Stars and Stripes is the fake flag of America. Dopes.

Granted, he's not a complete dickwheel like the guys at the Sports Granimal is OKC, but he's nothing if not a true crimson and cream fan. Do some homework before you throw out accusations about who is and who isn't an OU fan. Cheesy, mouse-pet-owning dickwheel.

fwsooner22
10/12/2006, 02:08 PM
Boys it depends on your definition of "fake OU fan"...........

Just so you don't soil yourselves anymore............IT is what we call him when we see him "Fake OU fan"........and yes he reads this board..........

He is a TCU whimp too............

Dopes??????????

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 02:11 PM
You've lost your mind. I mean, seriously. There are alot of things you can say about what most DFW media folk think about OU, but The Ticket is hardly a place that is known for ripping OU. It's got more pro-OU and anti-UT people than any DFW media outlet. No one there shills for the 'Horns except maybe the pathetic weekend guys who think they're white rappers.

Don't be such a fackin' spazwad. The Snake is 110% OU.

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 02:13 PM
fwsooner22,

Let me give you a little tip. Well if you plan on posting here for very much longer that is. Stuff your craptastic "reports." And quit calling people names. YWIA.

fwsooner22
10/12/2006, 02:13 PM
You've lost your mind. I mean, seriously. There are alot of things you can say about what most DFW media folk think about OU, but The Ticket is hardly a place that is known for ripping OU. It's got more pro-OU and anti-UT people than any DFW media outlet. No one there shills for the 'Horns except maybe the pathetic weekend guys who think they're white rappers.

Don't be such a fackin' spazwad. The Snake is 110% OU.

Name caller...chill out and read the whole post...........geeez.....on edge a bit?

fwsooner22
10/12/2006, 02:16 PM
fwsooner22,

Let me give you a little tip. Well if you plan on posting here for very much longer that is. Stuff your craptastic "reports." And quit calling people names. YWIA.

Like Spazwad..........and didn't you accuse me of leading a sheltered life...............before I used the word IDIOT

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 02:17 PM

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2006, 02:18 PM
Hell.. the only thing that mildly offsets Snake's and Junior Miller's fellating of everything OU is Rhyne's rare schtick when he jabs at OU a bit just to get a reaction.

Poor Cobra was almost crying on air after the Oregon Fiasco.. and Rhynes just kept baiting him.

OKLA21FAN
10/12/2006, 02:20 PM
that doesnt count,
you didnt say "mississippi" in between!!!!!!! ;)

1stTimeCaller
10/12/2006, 02:20 PM
1!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2006, 02:26 PM
1!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.skrecords.org/images/nabil/bane.jpg

Taxman71
10/12/2006, 02:29 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60740

GrapevineSooner
10/12/2006, 02:36 PM
Sturm was also ribbing him from what I hear.

And I agree that Snake is 110% OU fan.

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2006, 02:43 PM
Sturm was also ribbing him from what I hear.

And I agree that Snake is 110% OU fan.

Sturm didn't like to see us on a high horse, and when we got knocked from it, he was very pleased.

jk the sooner fan
10/12/2006, 02:43 PM
i'm a P1 - Corby's a Sooner

GrapevineSooner
10/12/2006, 02:44 PM
Sturm didn't like to see us on a high horse, and when we got knocked from it, he was very pleased.

Sturm seems to not like anyone on a high horse. I'm thinking if Texas wins the Big 12, he'll pull against them next year.

jk the sooner fan
10/12/2006, 02:46 PM
i think BaD are the smartest sports guys on the daily list...the Musers are the most entertaining, and the Hardline is just.....wheels off.....if its not baseball, the hardline rarely has an educated point to make

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 02:52 PM
I apologize for calling you a cheesy, mouse-pet-owning dickwheel. And, for calling you a fackin' spazwad. I was wrong...but, I'm right about the Snake.

As for BAD Radio...those guys are from Wisconsin and Ohio. They shill for the Big Ten or Eleven for sure.

jk the sooner fan
10/12/2006, 02:55 PM
yeah they are both northerners, but there isnt a sport they cant talk about intellectually........the musers are all fluff but they're entertaining....norm annoys me with ...well everything he says

the hardline is all about laughs, and rarely offer a smart point about something other than baseball

OKLA21FAN
10/12/2006, 02:57 PM
at least Norm is only two hours

jk the sooner fan
10/12/2006, 02:58 PM
at least Dale Hansen isnt on anymore

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 02:59 PM
at least Norm is only two hours
Um...ah...um...8!

OKLA21FAN
10/12/2006, 03:00 PM
and the greatness of Line 4 Guy

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 03:01 PM
at least Dale Hansen isnt on anymore

Exactly! What a freaking waste of airtime that guy was. They moved him to the sportsfag station ESPN 103.3 where no one but horseracing dillholes listen.

birddog
10/12/2006, 03:01 PM
BOOOOOO!!!

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 03:02 PM
and the greatness of Line 4 Guy

I want to be Line 4 Guy for a day. He's really the glue of Crosstalk.

AustinTXHorn
10/12/2006, 03:04 PM
People in Dallas don't realize how lucky they are to have a sports station like The Ticket.

jk the sooner fan
10/12/2006, 03:04 PM
his one hour was just a whining extension of his newscast on channel 8

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 03:05 PM
People in Dallas don't realize how lucky they are to have a sports station like The Ticket.

Yeah, but they have to live in Texas.

fwsooner22
10/12/2006, 03:06 PM
No apology necessary TDTW........I probably am what most people call me.......have been since I left Norman in '83.........Just trying to bring an opinion and make a point................

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2006, 03:10 PM
No apology necessary TDTW........I probably am what most people call me.......have been since I left Norman in '83.........Just trying to bring an opinion and make a point................

You don't live in Norman?

FAKE OU FAN!!

OKLA21FAN
10/12/2006, 03:12 PM
You don't live in Norman?

FAKE OU FAN!!
now you have gone a done it!

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 03:14 PM
Oh, man...let's not start up again. Let's just leave it at Snake and Junior are good and true OU guys. Junior a little more objective than Snake, but both are solid OU guys. It's a true blessing in the DFW media market to have, basically, a whole station of anti-UT guys on all day. DMN is on it's knees and back 24/7 for UT and probably has a raging case of journalistic syphillis as a result, if not The AID.

jk the sooner fan
10/12/2006, 03:17 PM

i realize it every time i'm in OKC and hear

TOTALLLLLLLL

DOMINANCEEEEE

HOURRRRRRRR

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 03:19 PM
Hey, guys...

You realize this whole discussion of snake has sidetracked from the first intent of the thread itself - that is, a totally objective third-party set of ears said that the OU football radio broadcast sucks.

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, it was pretty bad.

GrapevineSooner
10/12/2006, 03:28 PM
sanantoinosooner would love Junior. ;)

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2006, 03:34 PM
Man-crush would be of epic proportions.

mfosterftw
10/12/2006, 03:35 PM
Corby is a total supporter of OU. In the last week or so he got to talking about why he went to TCU instead. He was all set to go to OU when he toured TCU and picked up on their incredible available T&A ratio. Being the horndog he is, he decided to stay in the Metroplex (I think he went to one of the Arlington HS's, don't recall which).

So... Merv and BBS were on Homer Call... did they win?

If so, welcome to the club, guys!

Marc - former homer call winner (http://www.bobanddan.com/contact/feb7/ftworthtexanscall.mp3)

colleyvillesooner
10/12/2006, 03:38 PM
Corby is a total supporter of OU. In the last week or so he got to talking about why he went to TCU instead. He was all set to go to OU when he toured TCU and picked up on their incredible available T&A ratio. Being the horndog he is, he decided to stay in the Metroplex (I think he went to one of the Arlington HS's, don't recall which).

So... Merv and BBS were on Homer Call... did they win?

If so, welcome to the club, guys!

Marc - former homer call winner (http://www.bobanddan.com/contact/feb7/ftworthtexanscall.mp3)

No, they didn't win, but they were on there for being so bad during the "lateral" play.

GrapevineSooner
10/12/2006, 03:39 PM
COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

picasso
10/12/2006, 04:13 PM
why do people bust on Merv? he's obviously pulling for us but gives a good coaches perspective on things.

dude knows more football than the dorks on some Dallas radio show.

mfosterftw
10/12/2006, 04:33 PM
COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Thank you, GS... for a long time I thought I was to be forever known on email lists and forums for "Sit down and shut the hell up!!!"

Marc - expecting maybe three people here to get that, but oh well...

Stoop Dawg
10/12/2006, 04:35 PM
I like Merv. Bob - not so much.

And you guys need to get a life instead of listening to sports radio all the freakin time. Next thing you know you'll be spending your days on internet message boards too. Spazwads.

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2006, 05:10 PM
why do people bust on Merv? he's obviously pulling for us but gives a good coaches perspective on things.

dude knows more football than the dorks on some Dallas radio show.

He ain't no Dave South.

GrapevineSooner
10/12/2006, 05:28 PM
The only play-by-play guy to get thrown out of a Big 12 Conference Tournament game if I'm not mistaken.

Or maybe it was during the halcyon days of the Southwest Conference.

sanantoniosooner
10/12/2006, 05:57 PM
sanantoinosooner would love Junior. ;)
you owe it to me to explain yourself.

Crimsontothecore
10/12/2006, 06:16 PM
Back to the original topic of this thread. I know Bob Barry Sr. gets criticized a lot but I hope he doesn't retire any time soon. The guy loves calling games and his passion way overshadows his mispronunciations and blunders. I may be in the minority but I love listening to him.
A few years back, I can't count how many times he would call Michael Johnson "Michael Jordan" while calling the b-ball games. Everybody knew who it was and it didn't hurt the broadcast at all.
As for Merv Johnson, That man has more inside knowledge of football than about 99% of the head coaches in the nation.

sanantoniosooner
10/12/2006, 06:18 PM
We should put him in a home.

jk the sooner fan
10/12/2006, 06:26 PM
sas - junior miller, a big OU fan...is also a big Spurs fan

you can listen to their shows online - www.theticket.com

sanantoniosooner
10/12/2006, 06:27 PM
sas - junior miller, a big OU fan...is also a big Spurs fan

you can listen to their shows online - www.theticket.com
gotcha

proudsoonergal
10/12/2006, 08:23 PM

Yeah - sports radio in Austin sucks. Bucky and Erin in the morning are really annoying - Bucky has never learned how to properly interview someone. Perhaps the people on the radio would maybe be more interested in the GUEST's opinion!! ARGH. I stopped listening to it over a year ago - now I listen to The Herd on XM.

When I was in Dallas, I liked BaD and the Hardline, but I always thought they spent WAY too much time talking about baseball. I always liked hearing Norm's stats, too. I'm in to stats. :)

Taxman71
10/13/2006, 06:29 AM
BB is slipping obviously, but noone or no thing will ever be as bad as the pukes radio team. I will take a frozen Bob Barry Sr. with someone pulling a string in his back over "Holy Guacamole" and Blobert Allen on the sideline reporting on the sinkhole.

GrapevineSooner
10/13/2006, 09:27 AM
Yeah - sports radio in Austin sucks. Bucky and Erin in the morning are really annoying - Bucky has never learned how to properly interview someone. Perhaps the people on the radio would maybe be more interested in the GUEST's opinion!! ARGH. I stopped listening to it over a year ago - now I listen to The Herd on XM.

When I was in Dallas, I liked BaD and the Hardline, but I always thought they spent WAY too much time talking about baseball. I always liked hearing Norm's stats, too. I'm in to stats. :)

[fake Chris Arnold done by the fake Rhyner]That's because baseball's a talkin' sport. Hmmm mmm[/fake Chris Arnold done by the fake Rhyner]

tbl
10/13/2006, 09:32 AM
Believe me, I have always been aware of the greatness of the Ticket, but it was amplified ten fold when I moved to Atlanta. I still get the top ten podcast and occasionally get to listen on the web...

OKLA21FAN
10/13/2006, 09:34 AM
BB is slipping obviously, but noone or no thing will ever be as bad as the pukes radio team. I will take a frozen Bob Barry Sr. with someone pulling a string in his back over "Holy Guacamole" and Blobert Allen on the sideline reporting on the sinkhole.
'how about them apples'

just sayin

Taxman71
10/13/2006, 09:50 AM
'how about them apples'

just sayin

We aren't comparing Michael Jordan to Doug Gottlieb here. Neither group is in the upper echelon. Besides, BB gets props for stealing that line from Good Will Hunting.

OKLA21FAN
10/13/2006, 09:57 AM
We aren't comparing Michael Jordan to Doug Gottlieb here. Neither group is in the upper echelon. Besides, BB gets props for stealing that line from Good Will Hunting.
really?

i remember BB using that line in the early 80s in stillwater

colleyvillesooner
10/13/2006, 10:01 AM
Yeah "How bout them apples" is not a GWH orignal by any means.

GrapevineSooner
10/13/2006, 10:07 AM
Shortly after he came back to the OU broadcast team in the early 90's, I remember BBS using that line during an Oklahoma-Nebraska basketball game after a Brent Price three-pointer that turned out to be the game winner.

So yeah, GWH basically ripped off BBS.

I think.

colleyvillesooner
10/13/2006, 10:10 AM
:D

SoonerStats
10/13/2006, 11:03 AM
I always liked hearing Norm's stats, too. I'm in to stats. :)

Well then, allow myself to introduce...myself. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
10/13/2006, 12:44 PM
I wonder what kind of merkin Merv has

BigUgly
10/13/2006, 01:48 PM
Back to the original topic of this thread. I know Bob Barry Sr. gets criticized a lot but I hope he doesn't retire any time soon. The guy loves calling games and his passion way overshadows his mispronunciations and blunders. I may be in the minority but I love listening to him.
A few years back, I can't count how many times he would call Michael Johnson "Michael Jordan" while calling the b-ball games. Everybody knew who it was and it didn't hurt the broadcast at all.

Nothing like embracing mediocrity - on his best day. :confused:

fwsooner22
10/13/2006, 02:59 PM
As for Merv Johnson, That man has more inside knowledge of football than about 99% of the head coaches in the nation.

Do yourself a favor listen to Chuck Cooperstein do a Dallas Mavericks game......then imagine him doing OU football and basketball games........he wanted the OU job for years and filled in when Bob was sick......Its too late now he got a better gig...........

The Maestro
10/13/2006, 03:01 PM
BBS apologists = John Blake supporters

fwsooner22
10/13/2006, 03:02 PM

Now that is just stinkin funny................

Taxman71
10/13/2006, 03:57 PM
BBS is like Joe Paterno (sans last year). You can't just fire the guy, yet he apparently just refuses to retire. My guess is that the radio budgets for the network or OU, or both, just don't allow much. BBS, Merv and Rodgers seem like they would do that gig regardless of the pay and Joe C. is probably content with that.

I will never forgive Donnie Duncan for giving Disco Brooks the boot (among others). As a child, his voice WAS OU football. Can you imagine Brooks doing an AD 80 yard TD?

35-30-25-20-15-10-5..Touchdown Oklahoma! Geeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiinnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiichri stmas.

OKLA21FAN
10/13/2006, 05:53 PM
BBS is like Joe Paterno (sans last year). You can't just fire the guy, yet he apparently just refuses to retire. My guess is that the radio budgets for the network or OU, or both, just don't allow much. BBS, Merv and Rodgers seem like they would do that gig regardless of the pay and Joe C. is probably content with that.

I will never forgive Donnie Duncan for giving Disco Brooks the boot (among others). As a child, his voice WAS OU football. Can you imagine Brooks doing an AD 80 yard TD?

35-30-25-20-15-10-5..Touchdown Oklahoma! Geeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiinnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiichri stmas.mike treps was a pretty good side kick as well (and he had a hawt daughter as well)

Ruuuuuufus
10/13/2006, 06:13 PM
how bout them apples, or some derivation of, was in the John Wayne movie Rio Bravo.