PDA

View Full Version : Something that chaps my hide

sooneron
10/12/2006, 11:35 AM
I was just on the ncaa site for stats and looking up OUr D rankings. I realize this comes off as quibbling, but why does the defense surrender 7 points to texas on a "fumble" recovery?

They have us at 19.8, whereas, it should be 18.4 ppg given up.

I really think the defense is making some strides and it showed in the texas game- they really did well for the majority of the game and I think we can finish in the top 25, statistically.

picasso
10/12/2006, 11:42 AM
our sucky defense chaps my hide.

that and tight fittin Wranglers.

stoopified
10/12/2006, 12:00 PM
Points scored against your team count against your D whether they are actually scored on special teams or the other teams D as well as offensive scores.Likewise scores by special teams and D count toward offensive scoring average.

Scott D
10/12/2006, 12:09 PM
it's a technicality, on a turnover, the offensive players become defenders. It's the same as how in college football sack yardage counts against your running yards, not passing yards.

XingTheRubicon
10/12/2006, 12:54 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess that Ron knew the rules as he stated in his post. He might have been articulating his feelings toward said rules by typing, "Something that chaps my hide." What's funny is that someone else will explain the rules to sooneron even after this post. It should be noted that there will be 2 to 7 posts explaining the rules purposely and with malice.

bri
10/12/2006, 12:57 PM
our sucky defense chaps my hide.

that and tight fittin Wranglers.

You should try lotion.

Or, you know, proper-fitting pants.

picasso
10/12/2006, 01:00 PM
You should try lotion.

Or, you know, proper-fitting pants.
I hear an ample amount of baber powder works.

Mjcpr
10/12/2006, 01:01 PM
I hear an ample amount of baber powder works.

Mmmmm.....sweet baber.

picasso
10/12/2006, 01:03 PM
I'm drunk.

sooneron
10/12/2006, 03:04 PM
I'm gonna take a wild guess that Ron knew the rules as he stated in his post. He might have been articulating his feelings toward said rules by typing, "Something that chaps my hide." What's funny is that someone else will explain the rules to sooneron even after this post. It should be noted that there will be 2 to 7 posts explaining the rules purposely and with malice.
Pretty much sums up all of the obvious.

Scott D
10/12/2006, 04:28 PM
Pretty much sums up all of the obvious.

I just wanted an obvious forum to once again take a shot at the sack yardage rule :)

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/12/2006, 04:33 PM
Our defense sucks really bad we will be lucky not to finish dead last in defense!!! We need to get rid of Brent Venacan'ts and Bob Stuups!!

yermom
10/12/2006, 05:20 PM
i'm sure it comes down to laziness

it's a lot easier to just look the points scored column than read a breakdown of the scoring for each TD for every game

sooneron
10/12/2006, 08:19 PM
I just wanted an obvious forum to once again take a shot at the sack yardage rule :)
Yeah, we know.:D