PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sic'Em...

SoonerStormchaser
10/12/2006, 09:19 AM
How are the folks in Waco liking their season thus far...are y'all going on a "Bowl or bust" mentality there?

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2006, 06:53 PM
Well, a lot of the inflated optomism was deflated with the loss to Army. We played great and almost beat Washington State in Washington, but that loss to Army really hit hard.

I think at this point being 2-0 in the conference some people are holding out hope for a bowl this year, but I think everyone realizes that Army game may have really cost us.

I still think the OSU and Kansas games are going to be a win for us. I tend to think Aggie is too but we'll see.

Tech is an outside chance.

I think we finish a win short though.

olevetonahill
10/12/2006, 08:24 PM
Well, a lot of the inflated optomism was deflated with the loss to Army. We played great and almost beat Washington State in Washington, but that loss to Army really hit hard.

I think at this point being 2-0 in the conference some people are holding out hope for a bowl this year, but I think everyone realizes that Army game may have really cost us.

I still think the OSU and Kansas games are going to be a win for us. I tend to think Aggie is too but we'll see.

Tech is an outside chance.

I think we finish a win short though.
i havent even tried to keep up with baylor
whats the won lose right now ?
and whats was Yalls best season ?

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2006, 10:00 PM
i havent even tried to keep up with baylor
whats the won lose right now ?
and whats was Yalls best season ?

We're 3-3 (2-0).
Not sure of our best season ever. I think it was one of our conference championship seasons with probably 10 wins.

yermom
10/12/2006, 10:04 PM
can you make a bowl at 6-6?

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2006, 10:08 PM
can you make a bowl at 6-6?

Supposedly so, especially if most of our wins come from conference which they'd have to. I'm not sure whether the win over Northwestern state counts or not.

yermom
10/12/2006, 10:12 PM
i'm sure it can, it's not like you've used the AA rule recently

unless they have gotten rid of that rule in the last year or so

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2006, 10:18 PM
Look at this point, getting into any bowl would be HUGE. I don't care if we're in the Roto Rooter Toilet Bowl held in Mogadishu.

yermom
10/12/2006, 10:20 PM
yeah, that would be cool... hopefully you won't be playing us as your last chance for a bowl game

SicEmBaylor
10/12/2006, 10:24 PM
yeah, that would be cool... hopefully you won't be playing us as your last chance for a bowl game
Heartbreaking.

We were two OT's away from a 7-4 record last year. And just a bit further from 8-3.

OU was a mental strain watching last year in Norman. I was going to storm the damned field if we won and break out zima right there and then for our players. I hope it doesn't come to that this year and we have the game well in hand by the end of the 4th quarter. :D

We're not nearly as good this year on offense, though our defense is decent.
I believe we lead the nation right now in turnovers.

yermom
10/12/2006, 10:29 PM
yeah, you guys had to win that game to have a chance last year, i'm sure that had something to do with the fight they put up

proudsoonergal
10/12/2006, 10:32 PM
i'm sure it can, it's not like you've used the AA rule recently

unless they have gotten rid of that rule in the last year or so

The rule is gone this year, which is why everybody and their dog is scheduling AA teams.

proudsoonergal
10/12/2006, 10:33 PM
Baylor was 10-2 in 1980....I'd guess that was probably their best season.

yermom
10/12/2006, 10:33 PM
gone as in, you can't count it, or gone as in you can do it more than once every 4 years?

proudsoonergal
10/12/2006, 10:35 PM
"Gone" means that an AA counts toward bowl eligibility every year. I think that theoretically Notre Dame or Navy could play only AA and make a bowl. Well, Notre Dame would probably go to the BCS NC in that case. :D

Jason White's Third Knee
10/13/2006, 07:57 AM
Heartbreaking.

We were two OT's away from a 7-4 record last year. And just a bit further from 8-3.

OU was a mental strain watching last year in Norman. I was going to storm the damned field if we won and break out zima right there and then for our players. I hope it doesn't come to that this year and we have the game well in hand by the end of the 4th quarter. :D

We're not nearly as good this year on offense, though our defense is decent.
I believe we lead the nation right now in turnovers.

Dude, great post.

You guys have an excellent chance this year. Since everyone has to schedule 12 games the NCAA has softened on the AA games and 1 will count towards elegibility.