PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown: Overrated or Underrated?

BIG_IKE
10/12/2006, 07:27 AM
What is everyone's honest views of him. I know we hate him because he leads the enemy...but if he wasn't a Whorn, what would your take be on him?

A Whorn pointed out to me that he is the 1st UT coach to have a losing record vs. OU since 1950...

And to my surprise it's true...where do you think he ranks among coaches in our time? Do the Whorns know that he was a Sooner first?? And that UT has NEVER won a MNC without a former Sooner being the head coach :D

Soonerus
10/12/2006, 07:41 AM
Seriously, who cares about Mack Clown ????

OUDoc
10/12/2006, 08:04 AM
He's boring.

tbl
10/12/2006, 08:54 AM
On a national basis, I would say he's just rated. He's not overrated and he's not underrated. He gets the credit he deserves on the national level. As far as most OU fans are concerned, he's probably still underrated. He's not in my book b/c I believe coaching was the biggest difference this year. Matter of fact, since last year he's proving to be a better coach than Stoops. I'm not saying he is overall or he will be when it's all said and done. I'm just saying he has been the past couple of years.

Give credit to the clap.

56-39-5
10/12/2006, 08:57 AM
I would say he's just rated. He's not overrated and he's not underrated.
well, maybe next time you'll estimate me

batonrougesooner
10/12/2006, 08:57 AM
I see Mack as more of a figure head than a coach. He is a slick politician when it comes to P.R. and recruiting.

I think it is his coordinators who are really coaching the kids.

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 08:59 AM
Texas was last week. Why in the **** are y'all still talking about them?

SoonerStormchaser
10/12/2006, 09:08 AM
Didn't Akers have a losing record too?

TexasLidig8r
10/12/2006, 09:14 AM
Didn't Akers have a losing record too?

Surprisingly, Akers had a winning record against... Barry.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/12/2006, 09:39 AM
What does Mack Brown have to do with Iowa State?

C&CDean
10/12/2006, 09:44 AM
What does Mack Brown have to do with Iowa State?

Fagzactly.

Seriously, you people need to give it a rest. Every day y'all look more and more like whorn fans the way you obsess over the bovine worshippers of the south. This year's game is over. They beat us. We lost. They own bragging rights. Get over it. Quit whining. Quit bitching. Quit ****ing talking about them. Judas H. Priest with brown teeth people, you're Sooner fans, not whorn lovers. At least I think you are.

Tear Down This Wall
10/12/2006, 09:44 AM
Guys,
Look, at halftime, Brown realized his team wasn't being aggressive enough, so he shook up the locker room and coaching staff. That's something he didn't previously do.

So, you can safely now say that he's learned something in his three decades of coaching. Sure, some learn it sooner, but he's now learned it nonetheless. Give him credit when credit is due. We've bashed him when bashing was due.

Don't be a bunch of faggy dickwheels. In a game where the talent was even again, he finally took one from us. Congrats.

OUmillenium
10/12/2006, 09:51 AM
Excellent recruiter, average (not bad) coach. I would love to play for him because I could get away with anything if I was talented.

Poor graduation rate.

Light Beer
10/12/2006, 09:04 PM
Akers went 5-4-1 against Switzer.

Soonerus
10/12/2006, 09:06 PM
Texas was last week. Why in the **** are y'all still talking about them?

This concerns me, I totally agree with Dean....

OU-HSV
10/12/2006, 09:07 PM
Fagzactly.

Seriously, you people need to give it a rest. Every day y'all look more and more like whorn fans the way you obsess over the bovine worshippers of the south. This year's game is over. They beat us. We lost. They own bragging rights. Get over it. Quit whining. Quit bitching. Quit ****ing talking about them. Judas H. Priest with brown teeth people, you're Sooner fans, not whorn lovers. At least I think you are.
:pop:

bixby28
10/12/2006, 11:54 PM
Mack Brown did one of the most shameless things i have ever seen a coach do in 2004 by pandering for votes from other coaches.

He has the largest pool of HS talent to work from and hasn't been able to beat OU's better teams.

On the other hand, he won a NC last year by defeating 'SC when UT wasn't the better team.

Verdict: Overrated