PDA

View Full Version : QB Gerald Jones

birddog
10/11/2006, 05:36 PM
according to the dalily oklahoman, we have a lot of interest in the qb from millwood.

has anyone seen him play? is he a pretty good qb?

any info. you all have would be appreciated.

The Consumate Showman
10/11/2006, 08:04 PM
according to the dalily oklahoman, we have a lot of interest in the qb from millwood.

has anyone seen him play? is he a pretty good qb?

any info. you all have would be appreciated.

smoke screen.

look for him to go to TT, LosuR, or Va Tech.

The Consumate Showman
10/11/2006, 08:06 PM
oh, and if he is a good player or not, well, you have to figure in level of competition (i think someone like Jenks or Ike would dominate him), but he did account for over 400 yards of total offense for Millwood a couple of weeks ago...

stoopified
10/12/2006, 11:15 AM
oh, and if he is a good player or not, well, you have to figure in level of competition (i think someone like Jenks or Ike would dominate him), but he did account for over 400 yards of total offense for Millwood a couple of weeks ago...Yeah if he was playing for Millwood against Jenks or IKE but if he were playing for Norman,the butt-kicking would go the other way.Great athlete.He had like 560 yards TO and 5 TDs in the game you are talking about.BTW Bob was there,not saying he will end up at OU but he could asaQB,WR,DB.Jason White,James Allen,The Selmons,Teddy Lehman,Trent Smith,Jimmy Wilkerson all came from small schools in Ok.,except Wilkerson who came from Omaha,TX.Talent IS talent no matter the size of the school,otherwise we would NOT have recruited some player fron tiny HOOKS,Tx.Can't recall his name but I think he had a good career at OU,started a few games and even won an award or two.:D

BASSooner
10/12/2006, 01:10 PM
is he a passing QB? We need one of those, considering our receivers are full of ridiculous talent.

birddog
10/12/2006, 03:06 PM
is he a passing QB? We need one of those, considering our receivers are full of ridiculous talent.

from what i gather he is more of an athlete. but some other schools are pretty high on him, so we'll just have to find out. i'm in town for the weekend so i'll look at the schedule and see if i can get out there to see him.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
10/13/2006, 10:16 AM
from what i gather he is more of an athlete. but some other schools are pretty high on him, so we'll just have to find out. i'm in town for the weekend so i'll look at the schedule and see if i can get out there to see him.

Sounds kinda like that Todd Walker kid that went to Tech. He was from Pfluggerville, TX if I'm not mistaken. Althought I think he had somewhere in the neighborhood of 20+ D 1 schools looking/offering him a spot.

Archangel
10/13/2006, 08:17 PM
I'm pretty sure he's NOT being recruited as a QB, but as a RB/WR/Athlete. Can't remember where I heard that, though.

The Consumate Showman
10/14/2006, 12:06 AM
I'm pretty sure he's NOT being recruited as a QB, but as a RB/WR/Athlete. Can't remember where I heard that, though.

You've heard that from everyone. The only school recruiting him as a QB is Va Tech, and they are basically out of the running. Tonight on news 9 he said his top 4 were UF, Tenn, OU, and TT...who knows???

boomersooner28
11/3/2006, 06:53 AM
I thought we were getting heavily involved with this kid? Going after him hard? As an athlete...any updates?

The Consumate Showman
11/3/2006, 01:30 PM
I thought we were getting heavily involved with this kid? Going after him hard? As an athlete...any updates?

Youor questions: yep, yep, ath, yep: Va Tech is all but out of the running for him. He visited TT when they played Texas. He loved it, said it was a "10". He is currently NOT going to "officially" visit OU, although he may try to come to the TT game unless he is otherwise disposed. Bob himself is currently one of the main coaches talking to/recruiting him, which if you follow recruiting, Bob almost NEVER does....he didn't with AD. So I think it's fair to say that Gerlad is a priority on our wish list right now. I would say look for these schools to be in on him till the end: OU, sand aggies, gators, domers, rocky top, and condoms. It baffles me as to why he wants to go to or think about going to TT when he could go to a school that would contend for a NC and get him on TV much, MUCH more....

JRAM
11/7/2006, 01:47 PM
OU is looking at him as a DB or slot back.

KYHonorarySooner
11/7/2006, 08:50 PM
Officially listed as a athlete on rivals. http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=40558

picasso
11/16/2006, 11:46 PM
oh, and if he is a good player or not, well, you have to figure in level of competition (i think someone like Jenks or Ike would dominate him), but he did account for over 400 yards of total offense for Millwood a couple of weeks ago...
that's bull. I've seen many Class A and 2A players do quite well in D-1 ball.

starrca23
11/17/2006, 10:23 AM
I noticed it said "December Grad." I would think he would be making a decision pretty soon. Is Texas Tech looking at him as a wideout? Surely he is smart enough to realize that Tech is not a good place for a guy who might play D-back.

birddog
11/17/2006, 11:27 AM
that's bull. I've seen many Class A and 2A players do quite well in D-1 ball.

that's what i say. level of competition is only a very small part of it. think of all the talent that comes out of 8-man ball too.

BASSooner
11/17/2006, 06:39 PM
Seeing how well Heupel did for coaching PT. I would be comfortable seeing Jones commanding OUr offense

PAW
11/28/2006, 11:46 PM
Looks like he committed to Tenn today.

catch106
11/29/2006, 12:15 AM
Looks like he committed to Tenn today.

Id love to see where you heard this. According to Scout.com he isnt even considering them nor has he received an offer from them

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2483094

Paperclip
11/29/2006, 12:37 AM
http://www.newsok.com/article/2978522

VolinArizona
11/29/2006, 09:21 AM
http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=613471

southern sooner
11/29/2006, 09:39 AM
sucks!!!!!

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/29/2006, 09:57 AM
tennessee tends to grab a guy every 3-4 years with varying levels of success. obviously meachem worked out well, but he also brought the btw blue chip curse with him.

snp
11/29/2006, 12:35 PM
Bummer.

SgtSooner
11/29/2006, 12:54 PM
His father made it sound as if OU & osu did not hit this kid as hard as the Vols. This is a hell of a talent leaving for the Smokies. Father seems like he runs a stand-up family.

catch106
11/29/2006, 01:35 PM
Wow, thats a surprising commitment, atleast to me. I checked both Scout and Rivals yesterday and Tenn wasnt even listed for Jones. How can those services expect people to pay when they dont even have the correct teams listed that a player is considering...especially when they are seriously considering the school

starrca23
11/29/2006, 01:44 PM
I thought Mecheem was leading the sec in recieving? He is doing okay. The thing I don't think these kids understand is that if you like in Oklahoma and you were a decent player at OU you can always get a pretty easy job making pretty good money. Why go to knoxville? I just don't get it.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/29/2006, 01:46 PM
i think meachem is leading the country in receiving. the btw curse has to do with team success, not individual success...

starrca23
11/29/2006, 03:05 PM
Gottcha. Should we get rid of Chaney!? I can't believe BTW got ousted in the first round after a perfect regular season. I bet Jimerson is sweating.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/29/2006, 03:37 PM
chaney was a peace offering.

Paperclip
11/29/2006, 04:24 PM
Where have you gone JaJuan Penny?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/29/2006, 04:36 PM
he was the bomb until he redshirted...

Paperclip
11/29/2006, 04:58 PM
His and JD Runnells' were the two most undeserved celebration penalties I've ever seen.