PDA

View Full Version : Why Republicans need Teddy Kennedy

Ike
10/11/2006, 05:06 PM
republican S.O.P when a scandal within their ranks breaks out:

a)do nothing until media outlets discover scandal.
b)hem and haw
c)deflect coverup allegations with copious references to Teddy Kennedy.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/11/shays.kennedy.ap/index.html
Teddy losing his seat would be the worst thing that could happen to them. They'd no longer have an easy criticism-deflection mechanism...

:P

Jerk
10/11/2006, 05:12 PM
Your point a) is absurd. The media, as well as certain democrats, knew about the scandal since late 2005. They only chose to release the info now.

I guess when a Republican acts like a Democrat, then it's outrageous.

Your over-all point is well taken, though. When people talk about banning guns, I always like to point out that mine have killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car.

Ike
10/11/2006, 05:15 PM
Your point is absurd.

I'm just trying to fit in with all the other political talker-abooters here...

:D

mdklatt
10/11/2006, 05:18 PM
When people talk about banning guns, I always like to point out that mine have killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car.

There's a bumper sticker for that, you know.

picasso
10/11/2006, 05:20 PM
I wanna know why the media isn't flippin out over the NK missile tests. all we've heard about during the Iraq war is that they are the real threat.
now the big story is a gay Senator hitting on a page boy.

TopDawg
10/11/2006, 05:25 PM
republican S.O.P when a scandal within their ranks breaks out:

a)do nothing until media outlets discover scandal.
b)hem and haw
c)deflect coverup allegations with copious references to Teddy Kennedy.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/10/11/shays.kennedy.ap/index.html
Teddy losing his seat would be the worst thing that could happen to them. They'd no longer have an easy criticism-deflection mechanism...

:P

Is (b) at all like what this guy (http://youtube.com/watch?v=O6_ye2lFedA) does at about the 1:13 minute mark of the video?

TopDawg
10/11/2006, 05:27 PM
I wanna know why the media isn't flippin out over the NK missile tests. all we've heard about during the Iraq war is that they are the real threat.

I think the bigger story is that the republicans new about these nuclear tests for months but they sat on it until a bad story about themselves came out so that they could try to divert everyone's attention from the bad publicity they were getting.

Ike
10/11/2006, 05:30 PM

I've been out of town the last couple days, but in the time that I have been able to watch any news, all they have wanted to talk about was NK. Same on NPR...

Widescreen
10/11/2006, 05:54 PM
Iraq IS the real thread. The president says so.

http://www.weeklyradioaddress.com/WRA20060715.htm

:D

picasso
10/11/2006, 09:14 PM
I think the bigger story is that the republicans new about these nuclear tests for months but they sat on it until a bad story about themselves came out so that they could try to divert everyone's attention from the bad publicity they were getting.
huh? they sat on what? the tests were just run.:confused:

what. are we going to stop them from testing? ever notice we're the ones who have to speak up? it's China's job to handle those freaks.

OklahomaTuba
10/12/2006, 08:28 AM

what. are we going to stop them from testing? ever notice we're the ones who have to speak up? it's China's job to handle those freaks.

No its not, its America's Job. No one elses at all. Not the UN's, not China's, no ones. Just the good ol US of A.

Ironic, considering the bitching about "going it alone" in Iraq from the very same people.

TopDawg
10/12/2006, 08:56 AM

dude, you know me better than to think i'm serious

now Tuba, on the other hand, he'll run with anything so his response doesn't surprise me

OklahomaTuba
10/12/2006, 10:17 AM
Its comforting to know you weren't serious TD.

The disturbing thing is, a lot of the left probably believe what you said to be true. No doubt another evil neoKKKon trick to deceive the world by KKKarl Rove and BusHilter and his band of blood thirsty brown people killin Jesus luvin oil cronies.

BeetDigger
10/12/2006, 10:42 AM
There's a bumper sticker for that, you know.

Does it provide floatation?

NormanPride
10/12/2006, 10:55 AM
Ike is a bastard for making this thread.

Stoop Dawg
10/12/2006, 12:13 PM
dude, you know me better than to think i'm serious

Maybe after you've been around a while people will be able to detect your humor. Give it time.

TopDawg
10/12/2006, 12:32 PM
The disturbing thing is, a lot of the left probably believe what you said to be true. No doubt another evil neoKKKon trick to deceive the world by KKKarl Rove and BusHilter and his band of blood thirsty brown people killin Jesus luvin oil cronies.

Uhm, no, THE disturbing thing is that North Korea is testing nuclear missles.

Ike
10/12/2006, 02:00 PM
Uhm, no, THE disturbing thing is that North Korea is testing nuclear missles.

Its not the totally disturbing though...reports I've seen say the blast was less than 1 kiloton....which is a milestone in that there has never been a nuke test that was that tiny.

the fact that their missles didn't work very well in their tests is a little heatening as well.

mdklatt
10/12/2006, 02:02 PM
Its not the totally disturbing though...reports I've seen say the blast was less than 1 kiloton....which is a milestone in that there has never been a nuke test that was that tiny.

And we're still not sure it wasn't just conventional explosives, right?

Ike
10/12/2006, 02:03 PM
And we're still not sure it wasn't just conventional explosives, right?

Its certainly possible.

Stoop Dawg
10/12/2006, 02:09 PM
That would be awesome. Seriously.

BeetDigger
10/12/2006, 02:38 PM
And we're still not sure it wasn't just a huge fart, right?

Right