PDA

View Full Version : What I Forgot

OldSchoolSooner
10/11/2006, 04:31 PM
Shame on me. After 5 years of whipping TX I kind of forgot all the reasons that I hate UT and its fans. In fact, I kind of started feeling sorry for them. But let me assure you that in Houston, TX - the heart of enemy territory - the UT fans have reminded me. You can't swing a dead cat here without hitting burnt orange crap newly donned by the same arrogant, short-memoried fans that have been, until recently, slinking around in the shadows calling for Mack Brown's head. It only took two victories to bring them scurrying out in all their glory. So, thank you UT fans for giving me my fire back and reminding me why you are to be despised and will soon be back in the shadows. The OU program just benefitted from my purchase of a bunch of new Sooner merchandise. BOOMER SOONER from deep in heart of...!

BIG_IKE
10/11/2006, 04:34 PM
Houston seems more like Aggieland to me...
San Antonio & Austin = Hornicopia

TexasSooner01
10/11/2006, 04:45 PM
Shame on me. After 5 years of whipping TX I kind of forgot all the reasons that I hate UT and its fans. In fact, I kind of started feeling sorry for them. But let me assure you that in Houston, TX - the heart of enemy territory - the UT fans have reminded me. You can't swing a dead cat here without hitting burnt orange crap newly donned by the same arrogant, short-memoried fans that have been, until recently, slinking around in the shadows calling for Mack Brown's head. It only took two victories to bring them scurrying out in all their glory. So, thank you UT fans for giving me my fire back and reminding me why you are to be despised and will soon be back in the shadows. The OU program just benefitted from my purchase of a bunch of new Sooner merchandise. BOOMER SOONER from deep in heart of...!

Well Put! I have never seen so much burnt orange in my 15 years living in Houston! :mad: It wont be long until they [the horn fans]slip back into the cracks.

tbl
10/11/2006, 04:58 PM
It only took two victories to bring them scurrying out in all their glory.

AND a National Championship.

That ought to keep them going for at least a season and a half after our next victory over them.

Tidefan36854
10/11/2006, 06:17 PM
I can relate to your woes. I've never seen more orange and blue clad morons roaming the state than there are right now. The upside of it is if they take another beating from FL like they did from Arky, Lee County will have to hire more road workers to clean up all the magnets, flags, and tigger tails laying on the side of the road. There will aubies divorcing their sisters over another ***-kicking like that.

So...with that being said. GO GAYTORS!!!;)

josh09
10/11/2006, 06:29 PM
Houston seems more like Aggieland to me...
San Antonio & Austin = Hornicopia

nononono.

believe me, you think it would be, seeing how close college station is. but its about 75% shorthorns and 25% aggies. trust me, houston sucks, im so sick of everything. like when OU beats texass, theres this article about it the next day with a couple of pics, and thats it. nothing else til next years game. but when texass beats us, they keep reminding us that it happened EVERY STINKING DAY. there were 2 articles today still talking about it. it really ****es me off.

and thats my rant for the day :D

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/11/2006, 06:44 PM

Well said my friend. I am not sure if I can make it another year down here with them...They are the reason for the word SUCCS

footballfanatic
10/11/2006, 06:46 PM
For us Texas fans, this victory was sweeter than last year.
It disproved several myths:
Mack couldn't win w/o Vince.
Mack couldn't out-game Stoops.
OU only lost because of the absence of AD.
Texas players are soft.

TopDawg
10/11/2006, 08:59 PM

Until Mack wins with a team that's not favored, I'm not convinced he can out-game Stoops. He took a favored team and won. Where's the "out-gaming" there? Just because he didn't have the horns ready in the first half, forcing them to come from behind doesn't mean he "out-gamed" Stoops.

OklahomaRed
10/11/2006, 09:27 PM
:mad: texxxxxxxaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssss sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amarillo has more than it's fair share of bandwaggon fans. You know it's bad when the soccer mom's are wearing texasssssssssss shirts. The Sooners will be back next year. It's all cyclic. The great thing is the fact that we are Sooner born and Sooner bred. 90% of the longwhorns wearing t-shirts have never even stepped onto the T.U. campus.

OldSchoolSooner
10/11/2006, 09:30 PM
Footballfanatic....you are making my point.

As for the UT/A&M fan ratio in town, it's hard to say. The point is there might be twice as many A&M as UT fans here, but the UT fans are so much more arrogant and obnoxious (and now outspoken) that you would never know it. In any case, there are a he!! of a lot of them here.

picasso
10/11/2006, 09:38 PM
Texas fans are not ***holes.
Texas players are soft.

fixed.

Texas Golfer
10/11/2006, 10:11 PM

Living just north of Austin, I see quite a bit of burnt orange. But I'm almost blinded by all the burnt orange I've seen this week. I didn't see it after the RRS in the five previous years up to last year.

kernalsanders
10/11/2006, 10:31 PM
Living just north of Austin, I see quite a bit of burnt orange. But I'm almost blinded by all the burnt orange I've seen this week. I didn't see it after the RRS in the five previous years up to last year.
Houston is bad enough i cant imagine it where you are. Before the osu game burnt orange was EVERYWHERE and on that sunday (not a ut shirt or hat seen at all) and up until last week burnt orange has been scarce. by the way i live in katy (west houston)

goingoneight
10/11/2006, 11:26 PM
Texass can have all the bandwagoneers they want, I'm sick of seeing this sh!t-orange crap in Oklahoma. That ugly *** color and stupid logo of theirs keeps popping up everywhere and these idiots swear up and down they "have always been Texas fans..." Since when? None of this stuff was even being sold in Oklahoma for a good 15 years or so. And all of these people buying burnt-orange cars... I'm glad you're doing that, when Mack starts choking again, see how many people actually like that color on a car, or anywhere for that matter...

tbl
10/11/2006, 11:31 PM
Texas players are soft.
I hate it when whorns are right.... :mad:

OUmillenium
10/12/2006, 10:29 AM
AND a National Championship.

That ought to keep them going for at least a season and a half after our next victory over them.

Whatever! A national championship keeps most UT fans going for 35 years!!
:texan: sux

TexasSooner01
10/12/2006, 11:18 AM
Whatever! A national championship keeps most UT fans going for 35 years!!
:texan: sux

:D :D :D

n8v_ndn
10/12/2006, 11:22 AM
Before the last 2 years here in Austin, I had gotten used to seeing less and less burnt orange after the first weekend in October (except on/near campus). Nowadays, it's not just the fashion statement of choice for pan handlers and bums north of campus.

KyleUT
10/12/2006, 12:22 PM
The same can be said for the state of Oklahoma after the 2000 championship. I never saw as many car flags and sooner gear in the dead of summer than I did in the summer of '01 and every other time I've been to Okieland since. Every team has bandwagon fans that will show up when the team is winning. You couldn't beat the maroon hordes off with a stick back in the 90s, now where are all the Aggies? The maroon contigent will show back up in force in Houston come February/March if their bball team performs well.

TexasSooner01
10/12/2006, 01:23 PM
Bandwagon fans suck! I have been a die hard Sooner since birth, through thick and thin. I have always worn my crimson n creme with pride!

Sooner Born and Sooner Bred! That is just the way it is in my family! In fact, my husband hates it cuz both of our boys are becomming sooner fans....he likes that burnt orange team.

I just smile and say someone's gotta raise them right!