PDA

View Full Version : Packing Peanuts

mdklatt
10/11/2006, 04:17 PM
Where's a good place in Norman to get packing peanuts on the cheap?

handcrafted
10/11/2006, 04:19 PM
Is there still a Budget Box and Bag store next to the City Bites on Main?

TopDaugIn2000
10/11/2006, 04:20 PM
that's where I'd go.

Jimminy Crimson
10/11/2006, 04:21 PM
Sam's. They used to carry huge bags of them. Haven't been there in a while, but its worth a shot.

mdklatt
10/11/2006, 04:22 PM
Is there still a Budget Box and Bag store next to the City Bites on Main?

Feist says "yes".

Taxman71
10/11/2006, 04:24 PM
I think Hollywood Corner sells boiled peanuts....ummm.

JohnnyMack
10/11/2006, 04:24 PM
Packing peanuts suck. :bsmf:

critical_phil
10/11/2006, 04:26 PM
1TC will be disappointed when he finds out this thread isn't about Howzit's short shorts.

skycat
10/11/2006, 04:27 PM
I'm sorry.

mdklatt
10/11/2006, 04:28 PM
Budget Box & Bag (http://www.budgetboxandbag.com/), home of the most uninspiring motto ever: "We Sell Packaging"

mdklatt
10/11/2006, 04:29 PM
Packing peanuts suck.

What works better?

Jimminy Crimson
10/11/2006, 04:30 PM
What works better?

Popcorn works. Seriously.

Go by the nearest cinema and ask for their old popcorn they're throwing away.

FREE.99 :D

IB4OU2
10/11/2006, 04:33 PM
Goose feathers work......go pluck a goose.....

1stTimeCaller
10/11/2006, 04:33 PM
I HATE THIS THREAD

:les: this is not what I expected, this is not what I wanted

JohnnyMack
10/11/2006, 04:34 PM
What works better?

Nothing. It's just a pain in the *** to open a box filled with packing peanuts cause the **** goes everywhere.

mdklatt
10/11/2006, 04:41 PM
Nothing. It's just a pain in the *** to open a box filled with packing peanuts cause the **** goes everywhere.

We're ones sending the boxes, not receiving them...problem solved.

Harry Beanbag
10/11/2006, 04:52 PM
Use bubble wrap. I wouldn't wish a box full of packing peanuts on my worst enemy, much less somebody I liked.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/11/2006, 04:55 PM
One time, a dude here was getting married and on his last day before he left for his marraige leave we decided it would be fun to play a funny joke on him.

He had a car with a sun roof and he'd leave it open during the day. So we went to shipping and got all the packing peanuts we could find and filled his car up with them. To. The. Top.

It was a little cloudy that day but we didn't notice that when we were pouring millions of those wacky peanuts in his car. WEEEE!

We all came back in and waited for the end of the day so we could watch and let the hilarity hit the fan. The end of the day came and we all went outside to watch him walk to his car. When he got there we heard 'WTF?!?!?!' and we laughed and stuff.

What we didn't realize is that it had drizzled...nay, light rained...during the day. And those peanuts were the kind that melt when they get wet.

Yay, us! :mack:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/11/2006, 04:56 PM
I bet PQ was so ****ed at you.

1stTimeCaller
10/11/2006, 05:03 PM
Two Christmases ago I gave my best friend's son, he was about 1 1/2 yo, a big gox full of nothing but packing peanuts. The bix was about 2x3x4 foot. My buddy and his mom are still a little ****ed about it but it was the kid's favorite present.

BeetDigger
10/11/2006, 05:04 PM
One time, a dude here was getting married and on his last day before he left for his marraige leave we decided it would be fun to play a funny joke on him.

He had a car with a sun roof and he'd leave it open during the day. So we went to shipping and got all the packing peanuts we could find and filled his car up with them. To. The. Top.

It was a little cloudy that day but we didn't notice that when we were pouring millions of those wacky peanuts in his car. WEEEE!

We all came back in and waited for the end of the day so we could watch and let the hilarity hit the fan. The end of the day came and we all went outside to watch him walk to his car. When he got there we heard 'WTF?!?!?!' and we laughed and stuff.

What we didn't realize is that it had drizzled...nay, light rained...during the day. And those peanuts were the kind that melt when they get wet.

I was so hoping that it was going to turn out that his car was parked a few spaces down and you had actually filled the car of that new, asshat VP the boss hired a couple weeks back.

mdklatt
10/11/2006, 05:05 PM
Use bubble wrap. I wouldn't wish a box full of packing peanuts on my worst enemy, much less somebody I liked.

Bubble wrap doesn't do the job as well, and it's a lot more expensive.

JohnnyMack
10/11/2006, 05:10 PM
http://www.do-not-sleep.com/images/priceless.jpg

mdklatt
10/11/2006, 05:12 PM
http://www.do-not-sleep.com/images/priceless.jpg

Where can I get that many?

skycat
10/11/2006, 05:31 PM
I bet the guy that sits in that cube still has a few extra he could loan you.

Soonerbabeinbama
10/11/2006, 05:35 PM
I've heard of packing heat, but not so sure about packing peanuts - sounds a little kinky to me!!!:eek:

49r
10/11/2006, 05:38 PM
Those look like styrofoam E's though.

BeetDigger
10/11/2006, 06:26 PM
I've heard of packing heat, but not so sure about packing peanuts - sounds a little kinky to me!!!:eek:

Sounds like you could use a little spritz of cold water. :D

apusooner
10/11/2006, 06:33 PM
i always thought they were called ghost turds.

GottaHavePride
10/11/2006, 08:04 PM
Where's a good place in Norman to get packing peanuts on the cheap?

Heh. I got a similar one. A guy I knew in high school worked at a bagel shop. so for about a month he collected all the old ones they were going to throw out at the end of the day. Late one night he went out and piled them all on the front porch of one of the assistant principals at his high school. So, mission accomplished, there were a couple thousand bagels on this lady's pristine white porch. Hilarious.

Then it rained that night.

Did you know blueberry bagels will dye a person's porch purple? Well, now you do.

proud gonzo
10/11/2006, 11:56 PM

must have used the edible ones