PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Strait Cut

okienole3
10/11/2006, 01:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2621051

Articles says the Browns may be interested in picking him up off waivers.

The Maestro
10/11/2006, 01:35 PM
I say if you can't make it in the NFL you should be allowed to go back and play for your college team. Think we could use him?

sooner518
10/11/2006, 05:30 PM
he starts at safety for 2 straight weeks, then doesnt play at all, then gets cut? ok....

Geekboy
10/11/2006, 07:05 PM
Maybe Derrick hates New York. I hope so. Maybe he comes to an NFL team down south. No way he's not good enough to play in the NFL.

AwaySooner
10/11/2006, 07:54 PM
He's picked up by Tampa Bay. I am sure he'll love Tampa.

GottaHavePride
10/11/2006, 08:19 PM
I swear, if that writer had used the word "defensed" one more time I would have been FORCED to go punch PG's computer monitor.

Defense is a noun, not a verb. A verb already exists with that meaning, and it is "to defend". The appropriate conjugation is "Derrick Strait has defended one pass". "Defensed" is a made-up bastard word like "funner" and "trickeration", and it should never be spoken, much less printed.

Geekboy
10/11/2006, 09:09 PM
I swear, if that writer had used the word "defensed" one more time I would have been FORCED to go punch PG's computer monitor.

Defense is a noun, not a verb. A verb already exists with that meaning, and it is "to defend". The appropriate conjugation is "Derrick Strait has defended one pass". "Defensed" is a made-up bastard word like "funner" and "trickeration", and it should never be spoken, much less printed.
Grammar cop! :)

Cuckoo
10/11/2006, 09:13 PM

I'm a lurker, a non-poster. But as a college English teacher, I have to say that this post cracked me up. Nicely done.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2006, 10:20 PM
Yeah, it's bad enough when idiot announcers on tv bastardize the language, but when it's a writer...

Texas Golfer
10/11/2006, 10:24 PM
i gess u dont have to be a college gradiate to be in the meedia.

sooneron
10/11/2006, 10:41 PM
I live twenty minutes from the meadowlands and I am glad that he is no longer a j-e-t-s jets jets jets. I can't stand them, their fanbase may be one of the least knowlegeable out there. They suck.

Ruuuuuufus
10/11/2006, 10:57 PM
heh, well for the record I think defense really can be used as a verb, it's just not as common in the American vernacular.

VolinArizona
10/11/2006, 11:30 PM
http://www.webster.com/dictionary/funner

http://www.webster.com/dictionary/defensed

soonerhubs
10/11/2006, 11:48 PM
OKay so Strait got picked up by Tampa? Is that just a rumor. Link? Anything?

Rhino
10/11/2006, 11:53 PM
OKay so Strait got picked up by Tampa? Is that just a rumor. Link? Anything? http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5416

olevetonahill
10/12/2006, 12:06 AM

well damnation iffin you aint rite

Sooner in Tampa
10/12/2006, 06:11 AM
:D Another Sooner in Pewter and Red

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsdetail.aspx?newsid=5416

Also, D. Joseph is scheduled to make his first start this Sunday against the Bengals.

BermudaSooner
10/12/2006, 07:05 AM
Is he any relation to Derrick Strait? ;)

OUDoc
10/12/2006, 07:56 AM
Is he any relation to Derrick Strait? ;)
Yes, he said Derrick Straight.

Sooner in Tampa
10/12/2006, 07:59 AM
Is he any relation to Derrick Strait? ;):O

Partial Qualifier
10/12/2006, 08:20 AM
One of my all-time favorite Sooners. Good luck, Derrick

OUDoc
10/12/2006, 08:28 AM
One of my all-time favorite Sooners. Good luck, Derrick
Besides me, you mean.

Sooner in Tampa
10/12/2006, 08:46 AM
One of my all-time favorite Sooners. Good luck, DerrickIf he can tackle, he has a pretty good shot. Jermian Phillips and Will Allen are really pi$$ing Gruden off with all of the missed tackles this year.

Sorta like OU.

OUmillenium
10/12/2006, 11:54 AM

Well said!...I mean typed, please forgive me oh lord of the language arts

footballfanatic
10/12/2006, 11:57 AM

Funner is awful, but I have to admit a certain fondness for "trickeration." It makes me laugh every time I hear it. Don't know why -- perhaps because it celebrates it's stupidity.

stoopified
10/12/2006, 12:35 PM
Good luck in tb Derrick.