PDA

View Full Version : This is sad....even for UT fans

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/11/2006, 07:25 AM
I looked for this, but couldn't find anything about it. If it has already been posted, I appologize. I can't copy the link because it just takes you to the log in screen, but there is a facebook group at Texas that is titled Texas:Making Your Kids Cry Since 2006. They are making t-shirts and selling them to members of the group. This is low and all those people should be ashamed of making fun of a 12 year old kid. There people are pathetic.

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2006, 08:06 AM
go to woot.com

you'll see it, i agree.......in very poor taste....put a picture of our coach or one of the players, but not some 12 year old kid

Mjcpr
10/11/2006, 08:10 AM
Eh....it doesn't bother me. If the roles were reversed, he'd be all over SoonerFans.

IF he was crying because of the game, I give him credit for caring more than most folks.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/11/2006, 08:12 AM
That is true, but what is sad is that they are selling t-shirts with his pic on it. That is tasteless. It is one thing to have it on a message board, another to have them seeling t-shirts

OUDoc
10/11/2006, 08:17 AM
You'd think the parents would have a say in putting their kid's picture on a shirt and selling it. Seems like there'd be a legal problem there.

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2006, 08:17 AM
If the roles were reversed, he'd be all over SoonerFans.

that doesnt make it right

if he were my kid, i'd have a major problem with his picture on tshirts......the news, not so much because they're just showing what everybody at the game coudl have seen anyway..he was in a public place

Mjcpr
10/11/2006, 08:21 AM
Yes, I agree that the t-shirt thing might be different.....I hadn't heard that before.

:les:MAYBE HE SHOULD NUT UP!!

C&CDean
10/11/2006, 08:22 AM
I think we should all quit crying, and move on. I'm sick of hearing/seeing/listening to people whine over the Texas game. We get another shot next year. Until then, they've got bragging rights.

And if that were my 12-year old, he'd be getting his little *** whipped for bawling like that. When my kids were very young, and they'd lose a game in little league or Optimist, and they'd start the blubbering I'd snatch their little butt up by the arm, put them nose-to-nose with me, and say "boy, it's a game. It ain't worth crying about, and don't let me see you do it again. If you don't like feeling like this, play harder next time."

Move on people.

OUDoc
10/11/2006, 08:24 AM
I think we should all quit crying, and move on. I'm sick of hearing/seeing/listening to people whine over the Texas game. We get another shot next year. Until then, they've got bragging rights.

And if that were my 12-year old, he'd be getting his little *** whipped for bawling like that. When my kids were very young, and they'd lose a game in little league or Optimist, and they'd start the blubbering I'd snatch their little butt up by the arm, put them nose-to-nose with me, and say "boy, it's a game. It ain't worth crying about, and don't let me see you do it again. If you don't like feeling like this, play harder next time."

Move on people.
http://forums.eveofthewar.com/photos/albums/userpics/10001/16~7.JPG

Mjcpr
10/11/2006, 08:33 AM
:les:SHUT UP BEFORE I GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT!

Fugue
10/11/2006, 08:41 AM
maybe it's the kids idea and the $ is rolling in. :D

BOOMERBRADLEY
10/11/2006, 08:43 AM
If I were the kids parents I would sue the company for not getting permission to use his face.

Maybe that's just me though...

TexasLidig8r
10/11/2006, 08:48 AM
Once again, I find myself in agreement with that sage scholar, Dean. The father of that boy oughtta be taken out and horsewhipped.

I've been taking my kids to UT games since they were born (son born in June of 1989, went to his first UT home game in September)...

Good Lord though, winning and losing is part of life and how we handle both circumstances tells us much about ourselves. That boy needs some serious life lessons and his "daddy" needs to get off his butt and, through his actions and words provide a hell of a lot better example for his son.

As for the t-shirts, tactless, profane, obscene and biting t-shirts seem to be the norm for our rivalry. I wouldn't get one of those shirts.. but then again, unless working out, I don't wear t-shirts.

C&CDean
10/11/2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah, cause bow ties look like **** with a t-shirt.

Mjcpr
10/11/2006, 09:00 AM
Once again, I find myself in agreement with that sage scholar, Dean. The father of that boy oughtta be taken out and horsewhipped.

Good Lord though, winning and losing is part of life and how we handle both circumstances tells us much about ourselves. That boy needs some serious life lessons and his "daddy" needs to get off his butt and, through his actions and words provide a hell of a lot better example for his son.

Apparently, you can tell A LOT more from a 5 second video clip than I can.

C&CDean
10/11/2006, 09:02 AM
Hell, he's probably crying cause the fat *** with the pack of smokes sticking out of his pocket sat on him. Or maybe he's crying "daddy please quit smoking....."

n8v_ndn
10/11/2006, 09:02 AM
The Dudley & Bob Show (http://klbjfm.com/morning/index.aspx) in Austin just discussed this thread about 5 minutes ago. They're laughing their a$$es off about the 'OU fans whining' and most shockingly of all, all 3 hosts (the biggest longhorn fairweather fans) are in total agreement with Dean.

One of them mentioned he still has a 'Save Baby Jessica' coozie that he doesn't think the manufacturer had rights for.

But, I'm in agreement w/ Dean--take the loss like a man, shut your mouth, and move on...

bri
10/11/2006, 09:04 AM
So, when is it allowable to make fun of upset young people in the stands of football games? 15? 16?

We obviously know it's cool to make fun of college-aged kids...*cough*stunnedaggy*cough*

sanantoniosooner
10/11/2006, 09:09 AM
The only part that cracks me up is the pathetic camera guy that has to pan a crowd for 20 minutes for the money shot.

C&CDean
10/11/2006, 09:10 AM
I made fun of little babies at Pappadeaux's last friday night. Dude had a kid all dressed in whorn garb and I told him "I'm gonna turn your *** in for child abuse - damn that's an ugly outfit."

bri
10/11/2006, 09:14 AM
I made fun of little babies at Pappadeaux's last friday night. Dude had a kid all dressed in whorn garb and I told him "I'm gonna turn your *** in for child abuse - damn that's an ugly outfit."

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF, YOU BIG MEANIE!!!

GottaHavePride
10/11/2006, 09:14 AM
So, when is it allowable to make fun of upset young people in the stands of football games? 15? 16?

We obviously know it's cool to make fun of college-aged kids...*cough*stunnedaggy*cough*

The only difference I see there is that we asked SAF's permission before putting his goofy mug on a shirt.

And while it sucks for the kid to have his face on shirts like that, I think once his face hit the airwaves it's public-domain, especially when you're somewhere like a nationally-televised football game. I have to admit, my first reaction to this thread was a chuckle.

leavingthezoo
10/11/2006, 09:15 AM
he was probably cryin' because he got a whiff of Bevo anyway.

bri
10/11/2006, 09:16 AM
Yeah, but no one asked his permission before we all spent the better part of a year laughing at his monkey *ss. Hell, we had screenshots and threads about him before the aggy bowl was even over. :D

OUDoc
10/11/2006, 09:16 AM
he was probably cryin' because he got a whiff of Bevo anyway.
The dead one?

leavingthezoo
10/11/2006, 09:17 AM
dead or alive. it's bevo.

we need a pinched nose smiley. :D

Fugue
10/11/2006, 09:18 AM
advice to kid:

take the heat this year and next year when OU wins, put self on Crimson t-shirt doing whorns down. How many OU fans would buy that? probably every one of us.

BIG_IKE
10/11/2006, 09:23 AM
The real question....is if it were a Whorn fan and Texas had lost...who wouldnt have that image as a screensaver???

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2006, 09:24 AM
The Dudley & Bob Show (http://klbjfm.com/morning/index.aspx) in Austin just discussed this thread about 5 minutes ago. They're laughing their a$$es off about the 'OU fans whining' and most shockingly of all, all 3 hosts (the biggest longhorn fairweather fans) are in total agreement with Dean.

One of them mentioned he still has a 'Save Baby Jessica' coozie that he doesn't think the manufacturer had rights for.

But, I'm in agreement w/ Dean--take the loss like a man, shut your mouth, and move on...

my problem is simply with putting a kids picture on a tshirt......nothing more, nothing less

i agree with dean....no reason to cry, we got beat......big deal, its happened before and it'll happen again

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2006, 09:24 AM
and i love the fact that austin radio is reading soonerfans......and they accuse us of being obsessed with them

brilliant!

Beef
10/11/2006, 09:26 AM
The real question....is if it were a Whorn fan and Texas had lost...who wouldnt have that image as a screensaver???
Why would I take down a picture of a hot chick with big cans to put up a picture of a crying kid? Cripes. I see enough of them around town.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/11/2006, 09:31 AM

Sweet, my first thread that has gotten media coverage!!:D

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2006, 09:32 AM
i wonder if austin radio read our threads those 5 years they were getting drubbed?

n8v_ndn
10/11/2006, 09:50 AM
Followup: A listener just farked the kid's face onto an image of Stoops at a press conference...Dale Dudley's asking someone to 'post it on Soonerfans.com'.

picasso
10/11/2006, 09:50 AM
can't recall if I heard it on the radio or read it on OUInsider but a friend of the kid's father said the he wasn't even crying because of the game. he was apparently scolded by his father for something, which in turn caused him to cry like a girl on The Bachelor.

n8v_ndn
10/11/2006, 09:51 AM
i wonder if austin radio read our threads those 5 years they were getting drubbed?

No, they didn't. They talked about how good of a coach Stoops was, Dale Dudley was suddenly the biggest Texas Tech fan around (hence my 'fairweather' comment earlier), and they generally acted like castrated cows.

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2006, 09:53 AM
yep, things are good and easy when you're winning

they were probably too busy spending time on firemackbrown.com when they were losing

picasso
10/11/2006, 09:55 AM
I still stand by my claim that the only real conforming mullets I saw the entire weekend were at my hotel bar Friday night. both Tejas fans and both flowing like a curly waterfall.
and I attended a western show at the South Fork Ranch mind you (probably still a bad comparison to a state fair).

picasso
10/11/2006, 09:56 AM
No, they didn't. They talked about how good of a coach Stoops was, Dale Dudley was suddenly the biggest Texas Tech fan around (hence my 'fairweather' comment earlier), and they generally acted like castrated cows.
Dale Dudley? sounds like a flavor at a gay ice cream shop.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/11/2006, 09:59 AM
Dale Dudley? sounds like a flavor at a gay ice cream shop.

[gay voice] Yeth, I will take some of that yummy Dale Dudley[/gay voice]

The Maestro
10/11/2006, 10:04 AM
Oh, it's pretty damn funny actually. The kid will grow up as a diehard Sooners fan and I think it would be funny as hell if he bought a bunch of these shirts and wore them as he got older.

I was ten years old and bawled my eyes out when OU lost at USC with 8 seconds to play. Good Lord, it's okay to let a kid cry. It doesn't make them whimpy or anything...they're kids. Let them learn. At least the kid is a passionate fan. That's the beauty of the following of a football team like OU. We really care and it really does matter. People at work in Scottsdale all week have been telling me, "It's just a game." And I just tell them that they couldn't understand being ASU or AZ Cardinals fans.

GrapevineSooner
10/11/2006, 10:05 AM
can't recall if I heard it on the radio or read it on OUInsider but a friend of the kid's father said the he wasn't even crying because of the game. he was apparently scolded by his father for something, which in turn caused him to cry like a girl on The Bachelor.

So moral of the story here is don't assume too much.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/11/2006, 10:06 AM
So moral of the story here is don't assume too much.

That is a true story, this kid is a friend of mine's brother. He got ins some serious trouble in the stands.

picasso
10/11/2006, 10:12 AM
That is a true story, this kid is a friend of mine's brother. He got ins some serious trouble in the stands.
caught upskirting? I've been there many times myself.

oh and I cried like a banshee when Lou Holtz and Arkie beat us in the Orange Bowl.

DrZaius
10/11/2006, 10:34 AM
I just think that it is FUNNY AS ALL GET OUT.

I agree with the earlier post about if it was a TEXAS fan he would be made fun of here until he turned retarded.

jk the sooner fan
10/11/2006, 10:42 AM
knowing some of the mods here like i do, i'm not so sure they'd allow some 12 year old kid to be ridiculed on the site

in fact i know beano more than likely would remove it, and possibly norm

i think we already know where Dean stands on it though ;)

StoopTroup
10/11/2006, 10:47 AM
Bobbin' Dudley Show.

A couple of Knob Jobs...

LMAO...

GrapevineSooner
10/11/2006, 10:49 AM
If it was a pic of some all growns up OU fan looking like a jackass on TV and somebody did a screen cap and slapped it on a T-shirt, I wouldn't have a problem.

The fact that it's a kid crying doesn't really make it right. Maybe I don't understand funny.

StoopTroup
10/11/2006, 10:56 AM
I found a pic of Bob and Bevo...

Bob n Bevo (http://klbjfm.com/EI/T/Pics/Channels/KLBJ-FM/cotton.jpg)

bri
10/11/2006, 11:10 AM
I agree with the earlier post about if it was a TEXAS fan he would be made fun of here until he turned retarded-er.

Fixed. :D

Crimsontothecore
10/11/2006, 11:17 AM

Move on people.
I think you were a little soft on your kid. At the very least you should have brought out the belt.:rolleyes:

picasso
10/11/2006, 11:19 AM
I think you were a little soft on your kid. At the very least you should have brought out the belt.:rolleyes:
those two punks in your avvie could have used a little belt in their childhood Jack.

leavingthezoo
10/11/2006, 11:23 AM
I agree with the earlier post about if it was a TEXAS fan he would be made fun of here until he turned retarded.

have you met a texas fan? they're already retarded.

leavingthezoo
10/11/2006, 11:23 AM
ah man, bri beat me to it. :mad:

bri
10/11/2006, 11:29 AM
ah man, bri beat me to it. :mad:

PWN3D!!!!!

Now get back in that kitchen and make me a sammich, woman!

leavingthezoo
10/11/2006, 11:35 AM
PWN3D!!!!!

Now get back in that kitchen and make me a sammich, woman!

have you learned nothing?

demands/rewards- when you demand, i spit on your reward. :P

bri
10/11/2006, 11:41 AM
have you learned nothing?

demands/rewards- when you demand, i spit on your reward. :P

I Spit On Your Reward is my favorite cult movie EVAR!

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/11/2006, 12:25 PM
All this kid has to say though is atleast I am not a quarterback crying on the field like VY was doing a couple of years ago.

C&CDean
10/11/2006, 12:53 PM

And you'd what?

Go "it's okay sweetie, go ahead and cry - only real men cry over football games - I'm so happy you're crying and making a spectacle of yourself on national TV so everyone can make fun of us......"

Meh.

bri
10/11/2006, 01:09 PM
And you'd what?

Go "it's okay sweetie, go ahead and cry - only real men cry over football games - I'm so happy you're crying and making a spectacle of yourself on national TV so everyone can make fun of us......"

Shows what YOU know, you Neanderthal.

It was regional TV.

C&CDean
10/11/2006, 01:12 PM
Shows what YOU know, you Neanderthal.

It was regional TV.

Oh. Who knew North America was a "region?"

Half a Hundred
10/11/2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, it's bush league. Just like everything the UT fanbase does, no surprise there. Besides, for every picture of a crying OU fan they have, we have at least 5 "McConaughey acting like a jackass" pictures to throw back at them.

And besides, that kid needs to learn how to get over it like a man... find some 12-year old wearing burnt orange in the parking lot and beat the ever livin' crap out of him ;)

footballfanatic
10/11/2006, 04:30 PM
As long as you use the picture for recreational purposes, the family has little or no recourse against you. The minute you sell it, whether on a tee shirt, or a mug, without the express permission of the child's parents, (children can't sign contracts) you can be sued. In this case, the cost of the penalty probably wouldn't equal the legal costs, though you get a "cease and desist" ruling.

SOONER_N_TEXAS
10/11/2006, 06:17 PM
This is an actual add for a camera....

www.woot.com

sanantoniosooner
10/11/2006, 06:19 PM
This is an actual add for a camera....

www.woot.com
that's not a camera.

you've got two posts and one was completely wrong.

Don't know about the other one.

josh09
10/11/2006, 06:49 PM
I looked for this, but couldn't find anything about it. If it has already been posted, I appologize. I can't copy the link because it just takes you to the log in screen, but there is a facebook group at Texas that is titled Texas:Making Your Kids Cry Since 2006. They are making t-shirts and selling them to members of the group. This is low and all those people should be ashamed of making fun of a 12 year old kid. There people are pathetic.

THATS the reason you never shed a tear at a college football game. because the other team will always end up making fun of you.

birddog
10/11/2006, 07:01 PM
that's classy. really, really classy.

thank you whorn bastards for a very simple reminder of why i hate you so much. you are the lowest form of college football fans and i will never, ever pull for you no matter the circumstances.

sanantoniosooner
10/11/2006, 07:15 PM
that's classy. really, really classy.

thank you whorn bastards for a very simple reminder of why i hate you so much. you are the lowest form of college football fans and i will never, ever pull for you no matter the circumstances.
deep breaths.......find a happy place.......

birddog
10/11/2006, 08:35 PM
my happy place will be this weekend when i get to see a game for the first time since the oregon beat down 2 yrs. ago.

where's a good place on campus to load up on some gear?

sooneron
10/11/2006, 08:44 PM
In this litigious society, I believe they could also sue for emotional distress. The second this kid sees his own image on a t shirt could send him back to kindergarten emotionally.

nytehorn
10/11/2006, 08:49 PM
Yes, it is very, very classless that some of the Texas people have made t-shirts of this picture. However, some of you have said never cry and move on. I think that comment is BS! My Dad spent every Sunday with me cheering for the Dallas Cowboys. When I was 7, and the Cowboys lost to the Colts in the Superbowl, I cried my eyes out. My Dad was raising a TRUE fan, not a bandwagon fan. That little boy will ALWAYS be a true OU fan, and I find it as a great pic. I wish there was a pic of me crying with my Dad after the Cowboy game.....

sanantoniosooner
10/11/2006, 09:21 PM
Yes, it is very, very classless that some of the Texas people have made t-shirts of this picture. However, some of you have said never cry and move on. I think that comment is BS! My Dad spent every Sunday with me cheering for the Dallas Cowboys. When I was 7, and the Cowboys lost to the Colts in the Superbowl, I cried my eyes out. My Dad was raising a TRUE fan, not a bandwagon fan. That little boy will ALWAYS be a true OU fan, and I find it as a great pic. I wish there was a pic of me crying with my Dad after the Cowboy game.....
We all know that chicks like football too.

This is about being a man.

sooneron
10/11/2006, 09:32 PM
I had the feeling when I first saw the kid that he was crying for something other than the score. He had the whimpering just had his *** handed to him sort of look in his eyes.

goingoneight
10/11/2006, 09:56 PM
No one said why the kid was crying... I take it, it's because of the game unless he's a spoiled rotten kid who didn't get $5.00 from Dad. Making T-shirts of other people's failures or dark moments are sick, people. I've had some pretty damn funny T-shirts, but I never had a Vince Young on his knees T-shirt, and I'll never have a crying Mack Brown T-shirt. Same as I won't buy a T-shirt that calls another team cucksockers (some of you know what Whorn shirt I'm talking about). I have a twisted and often times sick sense of humor, but I don't think putting a young boy crying on National TV over and over again is right... just like all of the Red Sox fans making fun of the little Yankee fan who messed up the National Anthem a few years ago, that's just wrong. Draw the line, somewhere folks... draw the line. Oh, and who here doesn't think that of the probably 100,000 or more UT fans at the RRS, that there wasn't a little kid crying amongst them during 63-14 or 65-13??? Or any other OU victory for that matter. Let me just say I've now attended 9 RRS games, the best of times and the worst of times included, I have seen several Texas children fans pumped up and excited about that game, what makes anyone on this board here think that they weren't upset and crying when Superman saved the day in 2001???

Texas Golfer
10/11/2006, 10:09 PM
This poor young man may be traumatized for quite some time. He's all over the internet and other fan sites.

I'd hate to think that SoonerFans would exploit a young lad like that should the roles have been reversed.

Football Jim
10/11/2006, 11:16 PM
No class = Texass

OUmillenium
10/12/2006, 11:22 AM
That is true, but what is sad is that they are selling t-shirts with his pic on it. That is tasteless. It is one thing to have it on a message board, another to have them seeling t-shirts

Very aggyish

nytehorn
10/12/2006, 08:27 PM
OK, SAS, I am sorry you had a bad childhood, and didn't share any great moments with your dad. Obviously, you grew up in the Congo, where you had to become a MAN at 7 years old, or die. This was a KID, in America, as I was, who loves his team so much, he cries over their losses. Count our blessings that he was crying over a sports loss, and not the loss of his father!!! Texas fans have no right to support his face on a t-shirt, and I will be the first to protest this.

sanantoniosooner
10/12/2006, 08:33 PM
You take this place too serious shirley.

sooneron
10/12/2006, 08:46 PM
This thread needs to die a thousand deaths.

StoopTroup
10/13/2006, 05:09 AM
Tuck Fexas!

C&CDean
10/13/2006, 08:36 AM
And with that, I bid this thread goodnight.....