PDA

View Full Version : Thunderbird know *******s

BudSooner
10/10/2006, 12:11 PM
When i'm searching for a new extension, I follow the link on the program under extentions(i'm hoping this makes sense)and the damned thing opens in IE.

In other words, how do I make Thunderbird realize that Firefox is the browser I want to use for downloading extensions-for Thunderbird?

Or am I better off buying a bottle of Thunderbird and calling it a day?

sooner_born_1960
10/10/2006, 12:20 PM
make firefox your default browser.

BudSooner
10/10/2006, 12:38 PM
make firefox your default browser.

That is just it though, when clicking the link to get to the extension site, IE asks if it should be the default browser and I tell it no.
so I shut down both the t-bird/IE and FF, and restart FF and T-Bird it still wants to open the site in IE.

the support page doesn't have anything that is related to this, it would be nice to have an option in thunderbird so that it NEVER opens anything in IE.

Norm In Norman
10/10/2006, 01:04 PM
Save it to your desktop, open up the extensions screen, then drag the extension to that screen. That's what I do. The problem is extensions for thunderbird and firefox both have the same ... extension. I don't know why yours is opening up in IE, but normally it would try to open up the extension in Firefox even though it shoudln't.

Norm In Norman
10/10/2006, 01:05 PM
Or click on the install button in the extensions screen then navigate to the extension on your desktop.

critical_phil
10/10/2006, 01:06 PM
thunderbird does this to me as well.

i just right click, copy link location, and paste into firefox (assuming you've got firefox open).

BudSooner
10/10/2006, 01:09 PM
Or click on the install button in the extensions screen then navigate to the extension on your desktop.

Oh, now that makes sense and will try that...thanks alot.

10/10/2006, 01:23 PM
What's the word?

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/2/2f/320px-Thunderbirdbottlevancouver.jpg

Norm In Norman
10/10/2006, 01:26 PM
Wait a sec - I think I misread. Maybe firefox isn't your default browser?