PDA

View Full Version : 3 Tight End set

56-39-5
10/10/2006, 12:08 PM
This formation seemed to be very successful. I believe the questionable PI call against Joe John was out of the 3TE as well as the AP touchdown run. Gresham had one big gainer and dropped what would have been another and I thought both of those were out of the 3TE set as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Sooners don't find a great deal of success running this formation the rest of the season. It seems like the perfect formation to utilize the athlete's you have at TE and WR while exploiting defenses that are geared to stop Peterson. I see other threads looking to spread it out, or run out of the I, but it seems like the particular formation is ideal with the personnel you have.

BermudaSooner
10/10/2006, 12:36 PM
I think it was probably just a wrinkle for the UT game, knowing you'd bite on the PA. I'm interested to see if we continue to run it, but I doubt we see it more than 1 time a game.

Partial Qualifier
10/10/2006, 12:53 PM
I think it was probably just a wrinkle for the UT game, knowing you'd bite on the PA. I'm interested to see if we continue to run it, but I doubt we see it more than 1 time a game.

.....unfortunately.

having Finley, Gresham and AD on the field at the same time: \M/

homerSimpsonsBrain
10/10/2006, 01:51 PM
Bermuda,

what makes you think they would go away from what appeared to be a successful formation? Defenses biting on play action to AD is not going to stop with texass.

colleyvillesooner
10/10/2006, 02:11 PM
Bermuda,

what makes you think they would go away from what appeared to be a successful formation? Defenses biting on play action to AD is not going to stop with texass.

Cause that's how we roll...

n8v_ndn
10/10/2006, 02:16 PM
Bermuda,

Because we're saving it as the A&M wrinkle!! Quit talkin' about it!!

;)

BermudaSooner
10/10/2006, 02:24 PM
Cause that's how we roll...

what he said.

william_brasky
10/10/2006, 02:43 PM
I think the ideal formation with this bunch is two TE (JJ and Gresh), two flankers (Juaquin and Malcolm), and PT and AD in the backfield. That would definitely be the biggest playmaking group.

On a side note, where has Fred Strong been? I really liked what he was doing in the early games.

sooneron
10/10/2006, 09:55 PM
I was wondering what happpened to Fred as well.

Widescreen
10/10/2006, 11:22 PM
Seems like Manual Johnsons has been playing instead of Strong. Johnson made some nice plays Saturday.

Desert Sapper
10/11/2006, 12:53 AM
Seems like Manual Johnsons has been playing instead of Strong. Johnson made some nice plays Saturday.

He showed some real flashes of brilliance. I can't wait until he uses that shiftiness to take one to the house (a la Mark Bradley).

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2006, 01:48 AM
I think at this point we'll do anything that works...

But we won't need to be too tricky the rest of the season since we're gonna sweep the schedule from here on out.

Middle Tenn will be considered the lucky team of those we defeated by the end of the season and thanks to Sooner Magic, we'll be the Big 12 Champs!

Fraggle145
10/11/2006, 01:57 AM
This formation seemed to be very successful. I believe the questionable PI call against Joe John was out of the 3TE as well as the AP touchdown run. Gresham had one big gainer and dropped what would have been another and I thought both of those were out of the 3TE set as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Sooners don't find a great deal of success running this formation the rest of the season. It seems like the perfect formation to utilize the athlete's you have at TE and WR while exploiting defenses that are geared to stop Peterson. I see other threads looking to spread it out, or run out of the I, but it seems like the particular formation is ideal with the personnel you have.

Now if we would throw it to one of those 3 guys more than twice during a game...

Penguin
10/11/2006, 02:06 AM
Middle Tenn will be considered the lucky team of those we defeated by the end of the season and thanks to Sooner Magic, we'll be the Big 12 Champs!

Wow. Pass me some of that Kool-Aid you're drinking. :D