PDA

View Full Version : A happier topic - the Peterson family

The Maestro
10/10/2006, 10:27 AM
I'm tired of looking in the rearview mirror from last Saturday, so moving on to brighter subjects, what a big day this Saturday is going to be for ALL of the Peterson family, not just Adrian and Nelson. Honestly, I hope the media doesn't make too big a deal about it and just let's them enjoy this special day together. I'll actually give props to Jenni Carlson for her write-up on Nelson over the weekend. It was very detailed as to how he ended up in his situation and all I can say is the man knows what he did was wrong, did his time and there is no reason to think he will return to a lifestyle that ended up with him in prison. From all indication, lesson learned, he is free and he should now be treated with the respect and dignity of a free man.

I'm mostly excited for Adrian. As a father myself with a son having played his first football game ever last Saturday, I know how important it is for him that I be at practice when I can, at games ALL the time and just be there for support. Now imagine that son is the best player in college football and his dad has not seen him play since he was 12! You can tell in AD's tone in articles that he very much wants to play well for his dad and show him exactly what he can do. Of course, his dad already knows and has seen him on T.V., but I can only imagine what the glances up into the stands will mean to Adrian this week.

Here's hoping AD has a monster game, Nelson has a wonderful time and the Sooners get back on the winning track. Hell, make it a truly memorable moment and have AD run up into the stands after the game to give his dad a game ball!

Tear Down This Wall
10/10/2006, 10:42 AM
Great post. They had a big article on Nelson in Dallas last week. The guy's a straigh shooter. He admits what he did was wrong and says he deserved the time. His family stuck with him through thick and thin.

I also share your hope that the media can, for once, just leave something like this alone enough for the family to enjoy it together.

tru2ou
10/10/2006, 11:26 AM
If anyone deserves some good feelings right now its AD. I hope he scores 3 or 4 touchdowns on Saturday. Heck, I wouldnt even mind if he took a penalty late in the game to go give his dad the ball in the stands as long as it doesnt impact the game.

The guy has been a warrior, never complained, and brought it every single game. If the Heisman were truly for the best player in college football, his name would be mentioned at the top of every discussion.

BTW, is Saturday Dad's day for the game? I know they used to have that every year but is it still around? That would be ironic.

Good luck AD and enjoy your day. Its been a long time coming! You and your dad deserve it.

- TRU

TUSooner
10/10/2006, 11:42 AM
I remember when Momma got out of prison. I was drunk, and it was raining.

lame :O

But seriously, I hope it's agreat day to remember for both father and son, as well as us!

Rogue
10/10/2006, 11:44 AM
Great post Maestro! Hopefully that life is behing NP. From what I gather he's still on some type of supervision (probation or parole?). Lots of guys say that's harder than doing time.

The Maestro
10/10/2006, 12:28 PM
Well, I'm sure that life with a parole officer is harder if you are up to no good. Nelson says he enjoys getting to drive at night and not have someone interrupt him to take a head count. Guys with no intention of breaking the law surely do fine under this system.