PDA

View Full Version : Its a frustrating thing....

jthomasou78
10/10/2006, 07:16 AM
The day I heard Rhett Bomar and another offensive lineman were out because of stupidity, I really thought this was going to be like last year, an f'ing nightmare.

However, I think we have played markedly better then last year. A healthy AD definitely helps, but the offense looks good. And yet here we are 3-2 trying to figure out whats next.

boomersoonerdude
10/10/2006, 07:47 AM
What next? We'll going to beat the hell out of Iowa State and everyone else after that. Then we'll wait for Tech and A&M to take over Texas.... Then we'll play for the Big XII championship...

Sound like a good game plan?

MarylandSooner
10/10/2006, 08:49 AM
Do not forget their game with Nebraska, not a gimme.

yermom
10/10/2006, 02:30 PM
well, 3-2 is better than 2-3 :D

of course, we might be playing for the Holiday Bowl again if we win out though since the North might actually have some decent teams

depends on what the Bugeaters and Mizzou do

AustinTXHorn
10/10/2006, 02:45 PM
I think Thompson has been just as good, if not better, than Bomar would have been this year.

yermom
10/10/2006, 02:50 PM
yeah, but then we still would have had him for another year or two

AustinTXHorn
10/10/2006, 03:01 PM
yeah, but then we still would have had him for another year or two
Good point.

Octavian
10/10/2006, 03:02 PM
Home

ISU
Colorado
Tech

-We're better than the three teams coming here...no reason we should lose in Norman in '06.

Away

Mizzou
A&M
Baylor
O St.

-Missouri is 6-0 and Daniel continues to improve every weekend. Gonna be tough.

-Texas Aggy likes to pretend they're the '85 Bears whenever we come to town...gonna be tough.

-Baylor's better...not good. We win.

-Oklahoma Aggy gets their annual Super Bowl in their last game before basketball season....won't be easy.

yermom
10/10/2006, 03:06 PM
i'm more worried about Baylor than OSU

i think Mizzou may be tough, we had a tough time of it the last time we went there, and we haven't exactly set the world on fire outside of Norman so far

dolemitesooner
10/10/2006, 03:12 PM
We win out you....guys ae out of your mind......10-2 at the Hoilday bowl we play Oregon mark it down

stoopified
10/10/2006, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Octavian]Home

Away

Mizzou
A&M
Baylor
O St.

-Missouri is 6-0 and Daniel continues to improve every weekend. Gonna be tough.

True MU is playing well but their best win is TEXAS TECH.If we don't beat OUrselves we should win OUt.If we have 5 TOs and 11 penalties we could lose to everyone left on our schedule.

Octavian
10/10/2006, 03:14 PM
i'm more worried about Baylor than OSU

good point, they're probably the better team at this point.

I just think the "this game is our season and we're at home" mentality that State always brings into the game will be a factor. Adrian (if still healthy) might run for 300 yards on them though.

Should be an interesting ride through the rest of '06...we'll learn a whole lot about the direction of the program in terms of confidence for '07 and beyond...and it'll impact recruiting.

Octavian
10/10/2006, 03:15 PM
We win out you....guys ae out of your mind......10-2 at the Hoilday bowl we play Oregon mark it down

we go 10-2 and I bet we go to the Cotton to play an SEC team...

you could get your pimp suit back and blend in w/ the LSU fans ;)

dolemitesooner
10/10/2006, 03:19 PM
we go 10-2 and I bet we go to the Cotton to play an SEC team...

you could get your pimp suit back and blend in w/ the LSU fans ;)
No I think the loser of the big 12 Championship will go there. I am thinking Nebraska. We are the thrid best team and we go to the Hoilday bowl. and we beat the **** out of Oregon.

Octavian
10/10/2006, 03:21 PM
True MU is playing well but their best win is TEXAS TECH.

that win was in Lubbock w/ a quarterback in his first year...we'll learn more this week when they travel to College Station.

I agree that if we limit our own mistakes, we'll win out.

yermom
10/10/2006, 03:22 PM
i think it will be Cal again in the Holiday this year

and we could end up in San Antonio possibly if we win out

Octavian
10/10/2006, 03:22 PM
No I think the loser of the big 12 Championship will go there. I am thinking Nebraska. We are the thrid best team and we go to the Hoilday bowl. and we beat the **** out of Oregon.

depends on if Texas wins in Lincoln and beats them again in the CCG.

that'd give the Huskers 3 losses and send them West.

yermom
10/10/2006, 03:24 PM
ooh, i didn't think about the Huskers playing Texass twice

StuIsTheMan
10/10/2006, 04:45 PM

THIS HAS GOT TO HAPPEN....that is if we don't win the 12. But if we do win the 12 we get a BCS bid right?...This will **** everyone off again...i.e. UofO he he he he.

But another shot at the duck's would make this season for me...Living here in Porkland Oregon has really sucked after that game...I don't here as much bitching from Sooner fans here. Just a bunch of Fowl saying WE BEAT JOKELAHOMA....If I got to here that for another year...Someone gonna die...

yermom
10/10/2006, 04:56 PM
Texas has to lose twice for us to be able to win out and make the championship game

i don't really see it happening

stranger things have happened though

OUTrumpet
10/10/2006, 05:54 PM
i think it will be Cal again in the Holiday this year

and we could end up in San Antonio possibly if we win out

I know the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, FL has a Big 12 tie in this year, and I think they're between the Cotton and Holiday in terms of picking. I think it's Big 12 #3 vs ACC #2

yermom
10/10/2006, 06:05 PM
weird

i was thinking like last year where the Alamo Bowl was Big 12 #4

The Maestro
10/10/2006, 06:19 PM
WHAT IF...USC loses to Cal and Notre Dame? They would finish second in the Pac 10 and be out of the BCS picture.

Can you imagine if we got Oregon or USC in the Holiday Bowl? That would be the biggest game, either way, that wasn't apart of the BCS.

Octavian
10/10/2006, 06:19 PM
2006 Bowl Schedule (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=bowlsked&prov=st&type=lgns)

Independence Dec. 28 - Big 12 #7/#8 vs. SEC #8

Holiday Dec. 28 - Big 12 #3 vs. Pac-10 #2

Texas (Houston) Dec. 28 - Big 12 vs. Big East

Insight Dec. 29 - Big Ten #6 vs.Big 12 #6

Alamo Dec. 30 - Big 12 #4/#5 vs. Big Ten #4/#5

Gator Jan. 1 - ACC #3 vs. Big 12/Big East/Notre Dame

Cotton Jan. 1 - Big 12 #1 after BCS vs. SEC #1 after BCS

nytehorn
10/10/2006, 06:35 PM
They usually have the loser of the Big XII Championship game, unless TOTAL LOSERS like CU last year. If Nebraska or Missouri only lose 2 regular season conference games, and then the CCG, then they will probably be #2. Either way, it will make a GREAT game for OU. Auburn, Alabama, or Georgia in Cotton....or USC, Cal, Oregon in Holiday. Personally, I would rather see you guys beat the hell out of USC, but that is just me. All of my OU buddies at work want you to finish either #2 or #4, to have a close bowl game that they can attend.

85Sooner
10/10/2006, 06:46 PM
Good point.

thEN WE WOULD BE ON A 2 YEAR probation with no bowls etc...