PDA

View Full Version : I Am Sick of Instant Replay

jdsooner
10/9/2006, 09:35 PM
I, for one, am sick of instant replay review. From what I have seen, it has made the game worse. It is boring to wait all that time for a decision that will rarely reverse the call on the field. It seems to make the officials on the field hesitant to make calls and the replay officials do not want to make the officials on the field look bad.

The system does not work and is a royal pain in the butt. Let's get rid of it and leave it to a split second decision on the field.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/9/2006, 09:40 PM
The thing with it is...if they blow the call on a bang bang play and have no instant replay..i just write it off as human error and I am not REALLY ****ed. However, when you get to look at it and still blow it...that is ****ing pathetic and makes me want to riot!!

Soonerus
10/9/2006, 09:43 PM
I, for one, am sick of instant replay review. From what I have seen, it has made the game worse. It is boring to wait all that time for a decision that will rarely reverse the call on the field. It seems to make the officials on the field hesitant to make calls and the replay officials do not want to make the officials on the field look bad.

The system does not work and is a royal pain in the butt. Let's get rid of it and leave it to a split second decision on the field.

me too...

Blues1
10/9/2006, 09:44 PM
Sure Doesn't Work For The Sooners -- LET IT DIE....!!!!

birddog
10/9/2006, 09:48 PM
However, when you get to look at it and still blow it...that is ****ing pathetic and makes me want to riot!!

LET'S TEAR THIS PLACE APART!!!

i can't seem to understand why it has to be indisputable to overturn it, especially if they got it wrong to begin with. i know there's a fine line but alot of times the refs just let the players influence what's going on, knowing they can review it.

OUinFLA
10/9/2006, 09:53 PM
Id be for dumping it if..........
they wouldnt show the replay on the television.
Being as that is the way I watch all games, it would drive me nuts to see reruns of bad calls with no chance of them being overturned.

Taxman71
10/10/2006, 10:19 AM
The worst thing about instant replay is that ref's quit making calls on the field and just let the plays go, knowing that the replay booth will correct them. Thus, questionable fumbles and ***backward passes*** are rarely blown dead these days and the play continues. The problem is that conclusive video evidence is only available maybe 50% of the time. This results in the play as called being confirmed and creating a turnover when one should not have occurred. This isn't an OU or anti-OU thing, but it illustrates that field refs have basically been neutered.

BIG_IKE
10/10/2006, 10:30 AM
Instant replay kinda of makes the Clock Rule pointless now. Because it really drags games out too.

Here is a thought...Axe the clock rule AND the Instant replay and the games will be just fine.

GrapevineSooner
10/10/2006, 10:32 AM
The worst thing about instant replay is that ref's quit making calls on the field and just let the plays go, thinking that the replay booth will correct them.

Fixed.

Flagstaffsooner
10/10/2006, 10:55 AM
Id be for dumping it if..........
they wouldnt show the replay on the television.
Being as that is the way I watch all games, it would drive me nuts to see reruns of bad calls with no chance of them being overturned.They ought to have Olevet and me watching an clicking the call. Seems like guys who start popping can tops upon waking up Saturday morning could do better than what we have seen.

UNSeeN_
10/10/2006, 03:43 PM
it's overused and uneffective. unless you're oregon or TX that is.