PDA

View Full Version : We really need to step up the anti-texas shirts next year.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2006, 01:01 PM
I saw about 600 different variations to "OU sucks" this year. WAAAAAYYYYYYY more than a typical year and I think we are letting those horns get the better of us.

We gotta pump out the "love" for texas next year.

Thoughts?

bri
10/9/2006, 01:02 PM
Yes, because worrying more about winning the t-shirt battle than the actual game isn't aggy at all.

IronSooner
10/9/2006, 01:05 PM
The most ridiculous t-shirt I saw all weekend said "Defeating the 2005 National Champions is Everything". It's not everything. Unless you're some form of aggie.

yermom
10/9/2006, 01:06 PM
"Oklahomo" was nice

Octavian
10/9/2006, 01:10 PM
"O Who?" shirts were all the rage in Stillwater in the 1940s.

very original.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2006, 01:20 PM
Yes, because worrying more about winning the t-shirt battle than the actual game isn't aggy at all.

Right. Maybe I'll get tickets to the game next year instead of looking at shirts. :rolleyes:

BTW, are Farks aggy? Same kinda thing, and since you are the self-appointed aggy police, I thought I'd run that question by you.

I'd just like a better showing of crimson filled with horn hatred.

RacerX
10/9/2006, 01:23 PM
I prefer to support the University of Oklahoma instead of the University of I Hate Texas.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2006, 01:25 PM
I prefer to support the University of Oklahoma instead of the University of I Hate Texas.

Same here. I rarely get in this mood, but it was overwhelming.

soonerlaw
10/9/2006, 01:25 PM
There were alot of UT fans out at the fair on Saturday... but that is what happens when you win a MNC and Walmart starts selling your T-shirt all around the state for $5.

The people that ticked me off was the idiots wearing VY jerseys. I think I will wait until next year to bust out my AD jersey.

sooner518
10/9/2006, 01:44 PM
no thanks. We should be worrying about supporting our school, not trying to bring down another school.

SeattleOUstudent
10/9/2006, 01:49 PM
Saw many "you cant spell C_CKS_CKER without OU"

badger
10/9/2006, 01:49 PM
okay, here you go. slap some crimson on it and you're set. NOT safe for work, NOT safe for work, NOT safe for work.
NSFW (http://www.trippintees.com/images/texasM.gif)

batonrougesooner
10/9/2006, 02:41 PM
I for one think t-shirts with messages on them directed towards the opposing team are pretty tacky. You won't find me wearing one.

Standing outside the hotel Saturday morning, I saw a Texas fan with a shirt that read "I'm Mack Brown, bitch!" I guess it was a take-off from Dave Chappell and his Rick James bit.

So I asked the guy if he was really Mack Brown's bitch. He just mumbled "uh..no". I guess he didn't see the humor.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2006, 03:18 PM
Well, crap.

Texas Law Student
10/9/2006, 03:36 PM
Well, crap.

I have to say I find "hate" shirts disgusting - almost an advertisement for "pound my sorry face into the parking lot after the game" actions than anything else. But then, I find displays of hate and bad feelings to be in poor taste period. I think people should always root for their team and for their conference. I always root for OU and the Aggies out of conference. When our teams meet, I root for my team, I don't hate on the other. I have nothing but immense respect for OU. I think Bob Stoops is a vastly superior coach to Mack Brown.

BUT ... having said that ... it bothers me to see USC fans flashing the "horns down" sign during the Rose Bowl 2006 -- the fans are on TV, and the only thing they can show the camera is "I hate Texas"? How about "Go USC!"? Don't they have some sign for support of their team?

The saddest example of this was a game I watched in 2005, where (I won't mention the team) was playing another Big 12 team. The camera panned to the crowd, and young men were all screaming gleefully and sporting the "horns down" sign. They weren't even playing Texas. The win or loss would have no impact whatsoever on Texas. Yet, like some sort of biological inbred instinct, once they saw they were on TV, out came the "down horns".

Point being, OU and Texas are the kings of the Big 12 mountain, and so, we two have to put up with the garbage. I personally am sad to see Texas fans take the hate road. I have no standing with which to apologize for it, except to say I'm one of many fans that respect OU, doesn't hate OU, roots for OU out of conference, and on many days, wishes Texas had your coach.

I'd post a face image, but they all have down-horns images on them. Shouldn't you guys have a face-smiley image showing support for your team, not hate for Texas?

Oh well...tilting at windmills again.

batonrougesooner
10/9/2006, 03:42 PM
I have to say I find "hate" shirts disgusting - almost an advertisement for "pound my sorry face into the parking lot after the game" actions than anything else. But then, I find displays of hate and bad feelings to be in poor taste period. I think people should always root for their team and for their conference. I always root for OU and the Aggies out of conference. When our teams meet, I root for my team, I don't hate on the other. I have nothing but immense respect for OU. I think Bob Stoops is a vastly superior coach to Mack Brown.

BUT ... having said that ... it bothers me to see USC fans flashing the "horns down" sign during the Rose Bowl 2006 -- the fans are on TV, and the only thing they can show the camera is "I hate Texas"? How about "Go USC!"? Don't they have some sign for support of their team?

The saddest example of this was a game I watched in 2005, where (I won't mention the team) was playing another Big 12 team. The camera panned to the crowd, and young men were all screaming gleefully and sporting the "horns down" sign. They weren't even playing Texas. The win or loss would have no impact whatsoever on Texas. Yet, like some sort of biological inbred instinct, once they saw they were on TV, out came the "down horns".

Point being, OU and Texas are the kings of the Big 12 mountain, and so, we two have to put up with the garbage. I personally am sad to see Texas fans take the hate road. I have no standing with which to apologize for it, except to say I'm one of many fans that respect OU, doesn't hate OU, roots for OU out of conference, and on many days, wishes Texas had your coach.

I'd post a face image, but they all have down-horns images on them. Shouldn't you guys have a face-smiley image showing support for your team, not hate for Texas?

Oh well...tilting at windmills again.

Hate to agree with the horn but...

I hate to see on national television when OU is playing some team other than Texas a bunch of OU fans shaking their "horns down" sign. It is pathetic and embarassing. It is perfectly fine during OU/Texas of course. So is the upside down horn on the board IMHO. Just not the other 51 weeks of the year.

OU shouldn't be the University of We Hate Texas.

RacerX
10/9/2006, 03:45 PM
Same here. I rarely get in this mood, but it was overwhelming.

Just underscores their obsession with us.

colleyvillesooner
10/9/2006, 03:46 PM
I was ashamed for the Texas fan base with the number of "**** you, I'm from Texas" burnt orange shirts I saw.

JohnnyMack
10/9/2006, 04:01 PM
"Watch out or we'll give your defensive backs blisters on their hands from all the balls we're throwing their way" is kinda catchy.

Texas Law Student
10/9/2006, 06:44 PM
I would be even more ashamed...if the lead banner ad right above wasn't "Hornhater.com".

People are making money off of Sooner hate of Texas, and Texas dip@#$% are buying OU hate T-shirts.

Oh, well. P.T. Barnum once said no one ever went broke underestimating the American people. Hornhater.com advertising here and similar hate sites on the Texas side prove the man right.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2006, 06:56 PM
I think that the "hate" and the over the top insults should be avoided. I saw a bunch of old men wearing "can't spell corrupt without OU" shirts, but the jibes and gags are fun.

The upside down schooner with the caption "we're clever too, ****ers." was pretty good.

I NEVER give the down horns sign unless we play the horns and I even rooted for usc to lose last year.

I am hardly a texas hater, but if I can come up with a shirt that gives 'em a little hell, I'll be more than happy to wear it.

OUstud
10/9/2006, 09:52 PM
I saw 2 that made me laugh, one OU and one whorn:

OU: crimson shirt with a picture of the state of TX with a rainbow with the caption "Texas is gay."

whorn: Go Horns or go to hell.

Maybe those have been around, but that was my first Rehrivrrilvry. (pronounciation of RRR)

Jimminy Crimson
10/10/2006, 10:10 AM
We need to step up the color police.

Wear freakin crimson to the game. Not white. Not grey. Not periwinkle.

The end.

Gearhart28
10/10/2006, 10:34 AM
We need to step up the color police.

Wear freakin crimson to the game. Not white. Not grey. Not periwinkle.

The end.

Big red with envy?

Octavian
10/10/2006, 10:40 AM
Big red with envy?

lame.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/10/2006, 01:45 PM
I saw 2 that made me laugh, one OU and one whorn:

OU: crimson shirt with a picture of the state of TX with a rainbow with the caption "Texas is gay."

whorn: Go Horns or go to hell.

Maybe those have been around, but that was my first Rehrivrrilvry. (pronounciation of RRR)

I saw one that said "Mobilehoma" and had a mobile home in the shape of the state. Funny.

Brons2
10/10/2006, 08:50 PM
I saw about 600 different variations to "OU sucks" this year. WAAAAAYYYYYYY more than a typical year and I think we are letting those horns get the better of us.

Thoughts?

I dunno, it seemed like a pretty normal year to me. This was my 14th trip in the last 15 years. Plenty of anti-Texas and anti-OU attire was to be found.

What I didn't expect to see was the occupants of one of the OU band buses rocking the thing so hard side to side I thought it was going to tip over. lol.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2006, 01:33 AM
One of the MANY duties I perform at my job is rating artwork for t-shirts. MAybe next year I'll come up with some designs and offer them here.

And needless to say, I'll take requests and suggestions.

Unfortunately, our process pretty much requires white, but I can put a lot of Crimson on the designs. Maybe tomorrow or so I'll post my shirt for the year. I noticed on the game that once again white was dominant on our side and it made the split in the stadium all the more obvious.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2006, 01:44 AM
Well, I decided to post it tonight instead of waiting.

This is the front of the shirt I wear at least every Saturday:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/SoonerFront.jpg

I stole the background from some other Sooner fan out there...probably someone on this baoard! lol

Below the art I have a giant "Oklahoma Sooners"

And this is the back:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/SoonerBack.jpg

Keep in mind, the real thing is far more readable, and far more detailed.

snp
10/11/2006, 09:30 AM
Next year I'm doing something along the lines of "Hey Colt, where's Rocky and Tum-Tum?"

Three Ninjas is always funny.

I stole the background from some other Sooner fan out there...probably someone on this baoard! lol

Stealing someone's elses work so you can make a buck sure is cool!

Jason White's Third Knee
10/11/2006, 12:51 PM
Is that the F word?

josh09
10/11/2006, 06:36 PM

Thoughts?

we need to get everyone to buy a "HEY TEXAS, UP YOURS" shirt. that would be the funniest thing EVER.

BIG_IKE
10/11/2006, 07:51 PM
we need to get everyone to buy a "HEY TEXAS, UP YOURS" shirt. that would be the funniest thing EVER.

Your sig is embarrassing....
We got beat man, it's over.

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2006, 10:26 PM
Stealing someone's elses work so you can make a buck sure is cool!

Didn't steal it to make a buck... it's for my personal use only. If I was gonna sell anything it would be all original. I just happened to like the look of it and modified it a bit. I make myself a new OU shirt every year and when I saw that artwork I liked it and had 2 choices: either borrow that one or recreate something similar. I took the lazy way out this time.

It's not as if I couldn't have done something of my very own again, I'm a graphic arts professional and have been for 15 years.