PDA

View Full Version : Are there any OU fans...

The Maestro
10/9/2006, 10:47 AM
...who also like the New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys?

If so, man...you had ONE crappy weekend!

JohnnyMack
10/9/2006, 10:48 AM
gdc is gonna be ****ed.

Oh wait, nevermind.

birddog
10/9/2006, 10:49 AM
that's the only thing that salvaged my weekend.

yermom
10/9/2006, 10:50 AM
no Yankees, but man the end of that Cowboys/Eagles game just kinda added the icing to the cake :(

Boomer.....
10/9/2006, 10:50 AM
Highest payroll evar, down the drain.......again.

FroggyStyle22
10/9/2006, 10:58 AM
Add in the TCU loss and the Packers loss for me. Hell my girlfriend even beat me at air hockey sunday night. The only redeeming thing was my Packers may hve pulled back ahead in the AD sweepstakes.

boomer214
10/9/2006, 11:05 AM

more like: If so, man... you're a bandwagon frontrunner

OUmillenium
10/9/2006, 11:17 AM
Cowboys yes, Yankees no

the Sooners L is what really hurt...oh well, 363 more days to healing!

SoonerE
10/9/2006, 11:19 AM
more like: If so, man... you're a bandwagon frontrunner

It has nothing to do with bandwagon at all, it has to do with taste!

Just because a person likes teams with talent, history, and the urge to win it all every year doesn't make you a bandwagon frontrunner at all.

I'm not a Cowboys fan by any means, I would only watch to see RW take some people out.

The Yankees and the Sooners are why I get up and breath every morning! O, and my kids :)

What a s**tty Saturday!!

TUSooner
10/9/2006, 11:24 AM
Just as was returning to my roots as a Cowboy fan, they sign TO. The love is gone.

As for the Yankees. I do kinda resent their ridiculous wealth. And I just can't love a team owned by Steibrenner, and worshipped by the masses when they win. As if to prove he is a complete ba$tard, Steinbrenner now looks like he's going to fire one of the classiest managers and best guys in all of baseball, Joe Torre.

Boomerbrad
10/9/2006, 11:27 AM
Friday Night my high school alma mater (Topeka West) lost Homecoming 0-32

Saturday, OU lost and my college alma mater (Washburn Uni.) lost to Pitt St.

Sunday, Earnhardt got spun-out by Vickers and my Raiders got smacked by San Fran

Yeah...this weekend sucked.

SoonerE
10/9/2006, 11:53 AM
As if to prove he is a complete ba$tard, Steinbrenner now looks like he's going to fire one of the classiest managers and best guys in all of baseball, Joe Torre.

Amen!

boomer214
10/9/2006, 12:30 PM
almost as tragic as girardi getting canned @ Florida...

The Maestro
10/9/2006, 01:01 PM

Sunday, Earnhardt got spun-out by Vickers and my Raiders got smacked by San Fran

Oooooh...you like Nascar! That's GOTTA hurt in and of itself!

Hope the next left turn gets more interesting!

soonerlaw
10/9/2006, 01:32 PM
As for the Yankees. I do kinda resent their ridiculous wealth. And I just can't love a team owned by Steibrenner, and worshipped by the masses when they win. As if to prove he is a complete ba$tard, Steinbrenner now looks like he's going to fire one of the classiest managers and best guys in all of baseball, Joe Torre.

I agree. Its like all the homo USC love the past few years. As for Torre, I think Steinbrenner firing him is a great thing... as long as the Rangers get him!

Echoes
10/9/2006, 02:03 PM
I am a Yankees fan. I hurt on the inside.

badger
10/9/2006, 02:09 PM
I am a Brewers fan. I hurt more than you. :D

Oh, woe is me, says the Yankee fan. We haven't won a championship since 2000, cries Yankee fan. We have all these all-star players, but no championships for the past few years to show for it, whines Yankee fan. We make the playoffs, but we don't win it all... recently, adds sir Yankee.

Brewer fan replies, "What are these championships and playoffs you speak of? I think our team has an all-star, but don't all teams get at least one all-star?"

Yankee fan smirks, "And they're building a new stadium."

Brewer fan smiles, replying "Make sure the roof doesn't leak like Miller Park's."

---
And as a Packer fan, I was so morbidly depressed after last Monday night's fallout that I am glad I was driving back from Dallas and not watching Sunday's barely-a-loss loss. :(

tbl
10/9/2006, 02:24 PM
Cowboys yes, Yankees no

Ditto. Both of them my whole life, but I always take the Sooner losses harder, ESPECIALLY in Dallas.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/9/2006, 02:48 PM
well, LSU lost and the Saints won so the weekend wasn't a total loss.

tulsaoilerfan
10/9/2006, 07:04 PM
Right here dude!! My son and i had a pretty lousy weekend, but at least our Henryetta Knights won a thriller friday night to move to 6-0 on the season; first time since 1957!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2006, 07:06 PM

What is a Yankees?

GreenSooner
10/9/2006, 09:03 PM
I'm an A's fan....so I went through real highs and lows over the last few days. The Yankees losing was a nice bonus, too!

ClintonSooner
10/9/2006, 09:08 PM
yes,yes,and yes

sucky week :mad:

birddog
10/9/2006, 09:09 PM
Oh, woe is me, says the SOONER fan. We haven't won a championship since 2000, cries SOONER fan. We have all these all-star players, but no championships for the past few years to show for it:(

fixed.

Crucifax Autumn
10/9/2006, 11:50 PM
I don't like either one...I'm all College Sports.

Well, college sports and this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/Showgirls1Medium.jpg

:cool:

That's how I spent Friday at work! I'm a laser engraver and graphic artist in Vegas and we were at the Stardust for the Corvette show, but I had better things on my mind as you can see from my Sooner cap and the 2 babes.

:)

Jason White's Third Knee
10/10/2006, 01:49 PM
I don't like either one...I'm all College Sports.

Well, college sports and this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/ulijon/Showgirls1Medium.jpg

:cool:

That's how I spent Friday at work! I'm a laser engraver and graphic artist in Vegas and we were at the Stardust for the Corvette show, but I had better things on my mind as you can see from my Sooner cap and the 2 babes.

:)

Sweet mullet, vato.

yermom
10/10/2006, 01:52 PM
mmm...showgirls

stoopified
10/10/2006, 03:39 PM
My TIGERS beating the hated Yankees and my second favorite college football team winning( whoever plays osu) saved my weekend.Seeing Auburn lose to the Hawgs didn't hurt either.

jwlynn64
10/10/2006, 03:40 PM
Sweet mullet, vato.

All business in the front and all fun in the back!

Crucifax Autumn
10/10/2006, 07:15 PM
I've NEVER had a mullett....That ratty hair hangs the same all the way around! lol

Sooner_Bob
10/10/2006, 07:50 PM

A Raiders fan? Ouch. :(

Crucifax Autumn
10/11/2006, 01:29 AM
Everyone in Vegas seems to have a Raider Nation sticker on their car...and most of them DO have Mullets! lol

Thought the Kentucky Waterfall...the Achey Breaky Big Mistakey was a southern thing, but apparently it has infiltrated the west 20 years too late!

On another note, I AM still wearing my OU cap in this enemy territory...and getting the occasional horns down sign from the surprising number of sooners in this town.

I saw a guy the other day in a Crimson and Cream truck with sooner decals all over it as I was coming home from work...nice change from my days in Texass.

btw...I was born in Norman in '69 and have been watching the Sooners and wearing my non-mullet long hair since about 2 years old...Sooners from birth actually.

I actually got kicked out of history class in high school in '86 in La Grange Texas when I walked into class and saw that the female history teacher who was also a girls basketball coach had written a "go lady horns" message on the blackboard. I said rather loudly, "they should get those girls on the football team!".

Needless to say, the dyke horn was ****ed!

Desert Sapper
10/11/2006, 02:59 AM
Cowboys yes, Yankees no

My thoughts, exactly. Damn the Yankees. Go Cowboys, TO or no. 361 days to RRS 2007.

On a different note, I am a Cards fan and my wife is a Mets fan. Our house should be a fun place to visit tonight. Heh. :eek: