PDA

View Full Version : New Jorb

TopDaugIn2000
10/9/2006, 09:55 AM
Last week I accepted a new job with ARINC. They are an airline communications company located close to Tinker AFB in OKC. You can learn more about them at http://www.arinc.com Arinc works on government and commercial aircraft, and is located all over the US, in Singapore, London, etc. Currently they have a 5 year contract with Tinker to redesign building 3001 (The largest building footprint in Oklahoma). In this building they service airplanes and build engines. I will be working on equipment layouts, ordering and getting new equipment set up & running, etc. This will use both my architecture skills as well as my engineering experience (my title will be "Process and Manufacturing Engineer"). I am excited about this opportunity. Not only is it a significant raise in pay, but also there is unlimited room for growth and career advancement. I start October 23rd, wish me luck!

Mjcpr
10/9/2006, 09:56 AM
1) 1TC
2) TDin2K

StoopTroup
10/9/2006, 09:57 AM
Good News!

Congrats!

10/9/2006, 09:58 AM
The rub is when they make you sell soap to your friends.

Good luck and congratulations!

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2006, 10:01 AM
I know somebody that works at ARINC.

jk the sooner fan
10/9/2006, 10:02 AM
1) 1TC
2) TDin2K

beat me to it

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/9/2006, 10:13 AM
Congrats!

I'm just curious why some people are so eager to tell others on here exactly where they work. No way in hell would I want most of you to know where I work.

LilSooner
10/9/2006, 10:17 AM
Congrats. New jobs are always fun.

TopDaugIn2000
10/9/2006, 10:17 AM
Congrats!

I'm just curious why some people are so eager to tell others on here exactly where they work. No way in hell would I want most of you to know where I work.

ehhh, I'll be on base. Feel pretty safe from all you hillbillies there.

10/9/2006, 10:20 AM

Yeah, me either.

crawfish
10/9/2006, 10:34 AM
I know somebody that works at ARINC.

Me, too.

TDI2K.

SoonerInKCMO
10/9/2006, 10:36 AM
Sounds like a pretty interesting job - Hope you do well.

IB4OU2
10/9/2006, 10:41 AM
Hey H. we know where you work.......remember?

and Congrats TD my company does alot of work with ARINC.

TopDaugIn2000
10/9/2006, 10:46 AM
I also know someone that works there, carpooled with him last spring to a Solidworks training seminar in stoolwater. heh

dolemitesooner
10/9/2006, 10:59 AM
I also know someone that works there, carpooled with him last spring to a Solidworks training seminar in stoolwater. heh
If my job made me go to stollwater ..I would quit

IB4OU2
10/9/2006, 11:07 AM

Pfffft.......making money and the type of job dictates where I live not some little punka** school located in the same town I work. Iv'e worked up here for over 14 years. I was raised in Norman, went to school there and love the town but Stoolwaters just another small town in Oklahoma. It just has a little college there that hates our guts. I'm proud to wear my crimson uphere......It makes me feel feel Godlike. :D

TopDaugIn2000
10/9/2006, 11:07 AM

it was good training, and it helped me get the new job, so it was worth it. I made it out alive.

dolemitesooner
10/9/2006, 11:30 AM
Pfffft.......making money and the type of job dictates where I live not some little punka** school located in the same town I work. Iv'e worked up here for over 14 years. I was raised in Norman, went to school there and love the town but Stoolwaters just another small town in Oklahoma. It just has a little college there that hates our guts. I'm proud to wear my crimson uphere......It makes me feel feel Godlike. :D
I would still quit....**** a company that sends me to that hell whole

dolemitesooner
10/9/2006, 11:31 AM
it was good training, and it helped me get the new job, so it was worth it. I made it out alive.
Well I am glad you made it...but I still would have ****ing gave them the finger

IB4OU2
10/9/2006, 11:34 AM
I would still quit....**** a company that sends me to that hell whole

Yea......sure. :rolleyes: don't you have a salad to toss? ;)

dolemitesooner
10/9/2006, 11:39 AM
Yea......sure. :rolleyes: don't you have a salad to toss? ;)
You can winky face all you want .....But any "company" that sends you to the middle of ****ing **** town oklahoma for training is a ****y company.

Ib4ou2 you may have the greatest job in the ****ing world, and I am happy for you, but that town is every bad sterotype that is put on Oklahoma.

Mixer!
10/9/2006, 12:04 PM
:bsmf: Why must you hate, doleo?

IB4OU2
10/9/2006, 01:30 PM
You can winky face all you want .....But any "company" that sends you to the middle of ****ing **** town oklahoma for training is a ****y company.

Ib4ou2 you may have the greatest job in the ****ing world, and I am happy for you, but that town is every bad sterotype that is put on Oklahoma.

Doleo there's ATLEAST 4 of us Sponsors/longtime posters that work uphere and all towns/schools have those same kind of folk. Let me ask you this: Would someone be any less or more of a fan to have to work in the hometown of an opposing school ( notice I did not say rival which they are not or never will be) constantly defending and carrying the colors of the Sooners? Hmmmmmm?

1stTimeCaller
10/9/2006, 01:37 PM
you gonna use those architectural skills to pick out colors for the machines?

It's good to hear that I'm not the only person that can't hold down a job.

;)

TopDaugIn2000
10/9/2006, 01:38 PM
you gonna use those architectural skills to pick out colors for the machines?

It's good to hear that I'm not the only person that can't hold down a job.

;)

heh, funny.

it's all about growth opportunity and $$ my friends.

1stTimeCaller
10/9/2006, 01:45 PM
you missed the joke.

TopDaugIn2000
10/9/2006, 01:47 PM
no I didn't. I caught it. :D

Newbomb Turk
10/9/2006, 01:49 PM
Good luck TD.

I worked as a government contractor for 5 years before getting hired on as a Federal employee. As a contractor, it always concerned me that the gubment could pull the plug on the contract if they needed to.

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/9/2006, 02:55 PM
You moving up here, TD? That's a long drive, yo...

Good luck!

Mjcpr
10/9/2006, 02:58 PM

Good luck!

Are you offering her a place to stay, rent free, until she gets settled in at her new job?

That's what I got from your post.

TopDaugIn2000
10/9/2006, 03:09 PM

Good luck!

I currently live in Norman and drive 40 miles each way to PV. The new drive will be about 17 miles each way. So I'm gonna stay put for now.

But thanks for the offer! :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/9/2006, 03:12 PM
Ahh - for some reason I thought you lived in PV.

We'll prolly be passing each other in the mornings...

Just don't windshield moon me like 1TC did - might cause an assident. :D

Mjcpr
10/9/2006, 03:17 PM
Ahh - for some reason I thought you lived in PV.

We'll prolly be passing each other in the mornings...

So did I. :confused:

It will be like two Camry's passing in the night.

TopDaugIn2000
10/9/2006, 03:23 PM
when I started working in PV last year I was living in northwest OKC, and soon after moved to Norman. I just couldn't go back to small town Oklahoma. I started carpooling and the drive really hasn't been that bad. Even though the new job will cut my mileage in half, the traffic will probably make my commute time about the same....:mad:

dolemitesooner
10/9/2006, 03:36 PM
Doleo there's ATLEAST 4 of us Sponsors/longtime posters that work uphere and all towns/schools have those same kind of folk. Let me ask you this: Would someone be any less or more of a fan to have to work in the hometown of an opposing school ( notice I did not say rival which they are not or never will be) constantly defending and carrying the colors of the Sooners? Hmmmmmm?
No of course it does not make you less or more of a fan. It just means you live in the **** hole of oklahoma and it doesnt have alot to do with that ****ty universty being there

IB4OU2
10/9/2006, 03:44 PM
No of course it does not make you less or more of a fan. It just means you live in the **** hole of oklahoma and it doesnt have alot to do with that ****ty universty being there

I don't live there, I just work there and Stoolwater does succ ALOT more than Norman or Tulsa but no as much as OKC....:D.....;).....:eek:

dolemitesooner
10/9/2006, 03:49 PM
I don't live there, I just work there and Stoolwater does succ ALOT more than Norman or Tulsa but no as much as OKC....:D.....;).....:eek:
Ok I think your out of your mind now. Stillwater > okc is that what you said?

IB4OU2
10/9/2006, 03:52 PM
Ok I think your out of your mind now. Stillwater > okc is that what you said?

I was, I take it back......that comment was made due to my lingering hatred of OKC while living in Tulsa and Norman.

dolemitesooner
10/9/2006, 03:53 PM
I was, I take it back......that comment was made due to my lingering hatred of OKC while living in Tulsa and Norman.
ok I was about to say.:O

1stTimeCaller
10/9/2006, 03:53 PM
It just means you live in the **** hole of oklahoma

he doesn't live in Altus. keep up.

IB4OU2
10/9/2006, 03:54 PM
ok I was about to say.:O

Sorry, I wish you would'nt of ditched your pimpin suit though.....:(

soonerboomer93
10/9/2006, 06:35 PM
I'd tell people where I work, I don't care. I don't think any one is coming out to where I am any time soon, other the AFS who will be in the same country, but probably not anywhere close to me.

trwxxa
10/9/2006, 09:37 PM
ARINC is an interesting group. It is actually owned by the U.S. airline industry. Of course, the airlines have no money to invest in the business and put the company up for sale back in April. Asking price rumored to be in the $1 billion area. I am surprised a private equity fund has not bought this up to then sell the individual defense and communications units to other companies.

bri
10/9/2006, 09:39 PM

Well yeah. You're not sexy livestock.

TopDaugIn2000
10/9/2006, 09:48 PM
Well yeah. You're not sexy livestock.

I GUESS I'll take that as a compliment.....I think....

bri
10/9/2006, 09:54 PM
Well, do you have secret aspirations of being the sheep in a bestiality joke?

Wait, you're not a furry, are you? :D

Mixer!
10/10/2006, 01:16 AM
oh yeah, and the Norman Tigers wear orange and black, so they must be aggy. :rolleyes: