PDA

View Full Version : Went to the game, didn't watch the news or read the paper

Partial Qualifier
10/9/2006, 09:49 AM
haven't been online much since. Probably a repeat of what's already been said but here's my take:

What a wierd role-reversal from previous games - defense played alot better than I thought they would; offense choked it up. A wierd game altogether.

Anyone blaming the defense for this loss needs their head examined. I'd even say the D played "lights out", the two TD passes notwithstanding.

Texas took a chance with their play-it-safe offensive gameplan; turned out to be the perfect gameplan this year.

Their defense came to play, from our endzone seats we could see how fast they got from side-to-side, they weren't biting much on misdirection, and they were tackling like we USED to tackle.

During halftime I told my dad "if we start the half with a good drive, we win". Even if we don't score -- if we can take some time off the clock, move the ball & give them bad field position that would be as good as points in a game like this. After that 3-and-out (and Texas' ensuing td), that was it. Ballgame. You could just sense it in the players.

Even still, we had a great chance to win this game but the procedure penalties, the turnovers, GAH. The youth and inexperience on offense killed any chance we had :mad: :mad:

Colt McCoy played like an experienced QB. Not the most talented QB ever but he didn't make too many mistakes. Overall he executed the Texas gameplan very well.

It reminded me of any typical early 90's OU/TX game, frankly. Pick one. Not a good feeling.

Funniest thing I saw all weekend: Waiting for the OU bus to arrive, some texas male cheerleader-types have to walk past the throng of Sooners in their getup (chaps, cowboy hats, spurs, etc.)
Someone goes "BROKE-BACK MOUN-TAIN! CLAP-CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP" of course everyone joined in until they were out of view. All the cowboys could do was look down and walk a little faster ... good times.

Texas fans after the game were pretty cordial. I expected much worse treatment on the way out the fair.