PDA

View Full Version : The last three years...

The Maestro
10/9/2006, 09:23 AM
...of OU-texas has seen us put up 12, 12 and 10. That comes on the heels of 65-35-63-14-28 in Stoops first five years. What has happened to our offensive scoring production in this game? And don't just give me turnovers. We had about four of those in the 2002 game.

I said this game was about playmakers making plays and texas showed me something. The kid didn't light it up, but he made two incredible throws that were 7 points apiece. That's all they needed him to do. Also, his rollout when Nic Harris took a bad angle on him and he rolled out and converted the third down led to their first touchdown. It was a really good play and I felt like it was a matter of time before the horns scored because of it...they did.

AD ran hard and Paul converted some key third downs where the game felt like it was slipping away. I'm just baffled that the mentality we used to go into the texas game with has seem to slip away. It seems like Stoops used to treat it like life or death which was apparent how some years OU barely made it through November after dedicating so much to the texas game.

I'm just baffled. We'll see what happens next year when Chizik is at Miami or somewhere else. Our losing of players in almost probation-like and has killed our depth on the O-line and QB. I don't know who is to blame, but hopefully these guys can turn it around.

This win will make the horns feel better about themselves then they should. If someone can get pressure on mccoy they can beat texas. He's decent, but he's still very young and susceptible.

Our defense just gave up a few plays...they just always seem to be at critical moments. Offense was decent, but you have to score in football, not just move the ball. The horns didn't really move the ball, they just scored. That's all that matters. Make plays.

Although the Big 12 is fairly weak, I'll predict the horns will lose again this year, but...I'm not feeling to great about our trip to Missouri, either.

tbl
10/9/2006, 09:43 AM
It's coaching... Obviously the guys on the field have to produce, but trends like that in the college game point to coaching. There's really no other explanation.

Dances with Possums
10/9/2006, 09:49 AM
We got rid of Carl Reese.

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2006, 09:53 AM
I think if you look at the REST of OU schedule, you'll realize it's not just related to UT.

wishbonesooner
10/9/2006, 10:05 AM
Bob isn't the riverboat gambler anymore. Success can spoil anybody, we don't look hungry.

The Maestro
10/9/2006, 10:05 AM

Yes, that was a move that helped the horns, but you'll soon be replacing Chizik as well. Coaching staff changes are tough to come by. Stoops has already dealt more with that than Switzer did in 16 years.

josh09
10/9/2006, 10:21 AM
...of OU-texas has seen us put up 12, 12 and 10. That comes on the heels of 65-35-63-14-28 in Stoops first five years. What has happened to our offensive scoring production in this game? And don't just give me turnovers. We had about four of those in the 2002 game.

I said this game was about playmakers making plays and texas showed me something. The kid didn't light it up, but he made two incredible throws that were 7 points apiece. That's all they needed him to do. Also, his rollout when Nic Harris took a bad angle on him and he rolled out and converted the third down led to their first touchdown. It was a really good play and I felt like it was a matter of time before the horns scored because of it...they did.

AD ran hard and Paul converted some key third downs where the game felt like it was slipping away. I'm just baffled that the mentality we used to go into the texas game with has seem to slip away. It seems like Stoops used to treat it like life or death which was apparent how some years OU barely made it through November after dedicating so much to the texas game.

I'm just baffled. We'll see what happens next year when Chizik is at Miami or somewhere else. Our losing of players in almost probation-like and has killed our depth on the O-line and QB. I don't know who is to blame, but hopefully these guys can turn it around.

This win will make the horns feel better about themselves then they should. If someone can get pressure on mccoy they can beat texas. He's decent, but he's still very young and susceptible.

Our defense just gave up a few plays...they just always seem to be at critical moments. Offense was decent, but you have to score in football, not just move the ball. The horns didn't really move the ball, they just scored. That's all that matters. Make plays.

Although the Big 12 is fairly weak, I'll predict the horns will lose again this year, but...I'm not feeling to great about our trip to Missouri, either.

this year, we should have scored at least 24.

IronSooner
10/9/2006, 11:08 AM
With 5 turnovers and 11 penalties we wouldn't have beaten anybody saturday, and there's no way you can put up more than 10 or 14 points doing that.

yermom
10/9/2006, 11:12 AM
well, even in 2004 we repeatedly ****ed away red zone chances