PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to Adrian Peterson:

The Consumate Showman
10/8/2006, 10:16 PM
Dear Mr. Peterson,

I am an humble fan of lowly beginnings. I do not have the football prowess that you posess on the field nor any other player out there with you. I never have, never will. I am, as you would say, your average fan.

Having said that, allow me to insert some sound advice for you in the upcoming future plans of your life from a person that has a college degree, a wife, two kids, a house payment, car payments, and all other types of psychotic bills to pay: DO NOT GO TO THE NFL AFTER YOUR JUNIOR YEAR!

Now, why do I say this? Is it because I'm a selfish OU fan that wants to have you back at OU next year to run rough shod over the "u" and hopefully take revenge on those bastages from south of the Red River? No & no. To be quite frank, I am actually looking out for you and your best interests.

LOOK AT IT AD... If you go pro after this year, who do you think you'll be going to? More than likely, after watching football today, you'll be heading to the worst of all possible teams that a former OU RB could go...The Detriot Lions!!!! AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Go ask Billy Sims and Steve Owens about playing for the Lions AD. That place is C U R S E D!!! Oh, and if be some strange stroke of fate the Lions should happen to win a game this year, you'll be heading out to Raiderland where everyone smokes pot and doesn't give a crap about actually winning a football game.

Plus (correct me if I'm wrong here fellas) didn't the NFL just do away with the big contracts allowed to first round draft picks after this past years draft? Seems like I remember hearing that the league was going to put a cap on how much a rookie could make in a contract. The money is always going to be there. Unless you have fears of getting hurt, which I know is and should be a concern for you and your profession, stay for 1 more. Maybe you'll actually go to a team that cares about winning, and hey, maybe the Texans could muster up a sucky season next year and you could play close to home. Have you ever been to Detriot?

All I'm saying is, come back, make one more run for the Heisman, one more run for a NC, and break the all-time NCAA rushing record held by none other than Adrian Peterson (Ga Southern version) because we would hate for people to get the REAL AD mixed up with the wannabe. Plus, you would make about 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, ... million or so Sooner fans worldwide extremely excited and happy. We love you AD; please come back!

Sincerely,
The Sooner Nation

Hey, I know it's probably not gonna happen, but we can always dream, right? BOOMER SOONER AD!!!

birddog
10/8/2006, 11:32 PM
$$$$$.

it rules all.

batonrougesooner
10/8/2006, 11:36 PM
Dear Adrian,

Thanks for three great years. You are a man among boys. Don't risk your future, your children's future, and your grandchildren's future. Go to the NFL next year and make yourself 50 million dollars. You've earned it.

tbl
10/8/2006, 11:50 PM
Indeed. Get that money...

OKC-SLC
10/8/2006, 11:57 PM
Dear Adrian,

Appreciate your coming to OU, and sorry we couldn't hold our end of the bargain and surround you with a team fit to compete for championships the last two seasons. However, you are a millionaire-in-waiting, and because I'm a fan I want you to take the money. Don't come back to run behind a hodge-podge offensive line with a replacement for the sole senior who wasn't good enough to beat the senior out in the first place.

stuckinlubbock
10/9/2006, 12:01 AM
Dr. Adrian,

Go to the NFL. Get drafted by Houston ... so all Texans will be forced to cheer you even though they all hate Oklahoma. Make them all love a Sooner like all Cowboys fans love the real Roy Williams.

Octavian
10/9/2006, 12:20 AM
Adrian-

Follow your heart and do what you want.

It's your life, man....not ours.

We'll all understand and be forever a fan either way. Proud you are and will always be a Sooner.

stuckinlubbock
10/9/2006, 12:24 AM
Re: An open letter to Adrian Peterson:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian-

Follow your heart and do what you want.

It's your life, man....not ours.

We'll all understand and be forever a fan either way. Proud you are and will always be a Sooner.

agreed ... but still it would be enjoyable to have you close to Oklahoma and have Texans cheering you.

Aries
10/9/2006, 08:52 AM
P.S. If there is *any* question whether it was a forward or backward pass, ANY question at all...

GO GET THE **** BALL...!!!

Partial Qualifier
10/9/2006, 09:01 AM
Proud you are and will always be a Sooner.

Indeed.

I'm a huge A.D. fan .................. and he's absolutely ignorant if he doesn't go pro after this year.

He's got nothing to gain by coming back and in a way, I'd rather see him in the NFL behind some o-linemen who can create more than the 2 big holes per game he's getting now.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/9/2006, 09:18 AM
Doesn't he already have a kid? Seems like he needs to do what's best for the child and not for the fans.

Besides, I've seen way too many leave a year later and their stock drops.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/9/2006, 09:19 AM
Dr. Adrian,

Go to the NFL. Get drafted by Houston ... so all Texans will be forced to cheer you even though they all hate Oklahoma. Make them all love a Sooner like all Cowboys fans love the real Roy Williams.

Dear Adrian
Actually today, most Cowboys fans are pretty sure it was The Real Roy Williams that taugh DJ Wolfe how to defend the pass.

PS-Come back next year, just because we love to see the Sooners win and you will help. Selfish? Yes. But unless there is some miraculous way that you could actually become a Dallas Cowboy, it will be a bitter sweet day for me to see you in some other laundry than Crimson.....so stay

Tear Down This Wall
10/9/2006, 09:26 AM
Dear Adrian,

Sorry Coach Stoops let Jerry Schmidt run off a dozen offensive linemen over five years, most of whom would be fifth year seniors or fourth year juniors and seniors by now. You do a hell of a job for a guy who gets no blocking.

For your own health, go pro. Our array of back-up linemen who must now start before they are ready are getting you killed. Let Demarco Murray, Allen Patrick, and Chris Brown try to invent holes on their own next season.

Stay healthy...please!

Regards,
Tear Down This Wall

Bourbon St Sooner
10/9/2006, 09:33 AM
Dear Adrian,

If you're going to run the ball 30 times a game behind a crappy O-line and get banged around like a bowling pin, you should at least get paid for it. Thanks for the being a Sooner.

Crimson Kid
10/9/2006, 11:47 AM
Sometimes, it's not allways about the money, sometimes it's the love of the game, team and education, i think AD is one of these people that stays for these reasons, plus his father and mother want him to stay.

Also didn't AD himself say he wanted to stay so he could play miami next season?

I'm selfish sorry, i want him to stay as long as he can, his time here has went by so fast and i have enjoyed watching him play in crimson and creme, "if" he doesn't get hurt then the money and the NFL will still be there waiting on him, im in no hurry for him to move on.

OUmillenium
10/9/2006, 11:48 AM
Yep, what they ^ said!

usmc-sooner
10/9/2006, 11:50 AM
Yo Adrian can you loan me some money next year.

TheGodfather889
10/9/2006, 12:34 PM
If you really want Adrian to see this you could just email him. I doubt he'll be lurking here.:D

handcrafted
10/9/2006, 12:41 PM
He'll stay if he wants to go for the Heisman and the rushing record glory. He'll stay if he wants to graduate.

If he doesn't want either of those things, he'll go. However, I seriously doubt he'll be the no. 1 pick in the draft. Top 10, probably.

FormerSoonerProf
10/9/2006, 12:56 PM
AD,
Please go to the NFL as soon as possible.
I think that Stoops and company would have worked harder if they did not have superstars on the team. Then, they would have to make a team of nobodies work together...

badger
10/9/2006, 01:56 PM
Dear Adrian,

Unless you get injured and it hurts your chances in the draft this year, GO TO THE DRAFT AND HELP THE PACKERS. They need help and should I remind you, they make Heisman winners into Super Bowl MVP's there. Plus, our runner from Nebbish is starting to age and fumble.

Don't go to the Texans--- they took rising star Gado from us in a bs trade. Besides, wouldn't a Sooner like yourself rather go a place where there's a football tradition--- a WINNING tradition that dates back before the modern NFL existed? Green Bay is a place where you can go where the fans love you if you win or lose. Also, we name streets after players and coaches, so even if can't play forever, your legacy will last forever.

Please go to Green Bay. I will buy your jersey the day it comes out, and you'll only be a stateline away from your former Sooner teammates at da bears--- PLUS you'll play in a game with them guaranteed twice per year!

~badger

Rogue
10/9/2006, 02:00 PM
Absolutely AD, go somewhere that you can freeze your b*lls off all year round, learn to speak Canadian, and where the women wear cheese on their heads. Cheese!

Or, you could come to Nashville, since they are guaranteed to lose every game now that VY is the starter, and salvage their draft. 2006 draft didn't go so well for the Titans.

Octavian
10/9/2006, 02:07 PM
if we're gonna be selfish in this thread...let's be selfish for OU and not some flaky corporate football organization.

badger
10/9/2006, 02:11 PM
Absolutely AD, go somewhere that you can freeze your b*lls off all year round, learn to speak Canadian, and where the women wear cheese on their heads. Cheese!

Or, you could come to Nashville, since they are guaranteed to lose every game now that VY is the starter, and salvage their draft. 2006 draft didn't go so well for the Titans.
The women also wear bikini's in below zero weather. Eh? Eh? :D

Or you could go to Nashville, and see what playing at Texas or USC would have been like--- receiving the ball from Fumbles McScramble, or being coached by Norm (not Pete Carroll).:rolleyes:

soonerlaw
10/9/2006, 04:45 PM
Palestine is close to Houston. Go play for Houston. I will drive from Dallas and see you. Plus, make money on all the merchandise. It saddens me to see all these folks with #28 jerseys that they paid $70 for, or all the "All Day" shirts being sold at the mall, and knowing you don't get a penny. Live live, have fun, and run over all those scrub D's in the NFL and make us proud, just like Tommie and TRRW have done. Before you leave, teach Murray how to be that most bad a$$ RB in the collegiate world.

OKC-SLC
10/9/2006, 07:19 PM
Dear Adrian,

Strongly consider leaving after your junior season. Even if you have a semblance of an offensive line and gameplan, you can still get hurt.

Sincerely,
Michael Bush
Louisville, KY

Texas Law Student
10/9/2006, 07:31 PM
Dear Adrian --

All of us in Austin hope Tennessee keeps losing, so that we can one day see a team with Vince Young, Lindale White, and Adrian Peterson on it. No one in Texas gives a damn about the Houston Texans. We've got Dallas. Houston is the John Oates of this duo. Trust us. Go to Tennessee.