PDA

View Full Version : Stoops said it and I agree...

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 08:58 PM
we beat ourselves against Texas...

yermom
10/8/2006, 09:02 PM
the ****ing false starts did us in

i think that is ultimately how we let Oregon beat us as well

of course the turnovers and general boneheadedness was also a factor

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 09:04 PM
Turnovers, including phantom turnovers made a difference too...

goingoneight
10/8/2006, 09:18 PM
The officiating was bad, we were worse unfortunately as a whole.

Pepper
10/8/2006, 09:31 PM
Texas did not make mistakes. If we scored this as a baseball game all most all the plays by Texas would be considered errors on OU.

Rogue
10/8/2006, 09:33 PM
Only a partial explanation and understandable coming from the coach.
His job is to instill hope for a bunch of 19 year old kids who got pushed around for 60 minutes by a team that was bigger, meaner, and more disciplined.

oufan199
10/8/2006, 09:36 PM
Only a partial explanation and understandable coming from the coach.
His job is to instill hope for a bunch of 19 year old kids who got pushed around for 60 minutes by a team that was bigger, meaner, and more disciplined.

You've got it right, bro. A team that gains 234 total yards has no business beating OU by 18 points. Bad calls didn't beat us. Texas knocked the crap out of us all day, intimidated us (sort of like our Roy Williams used to do to the Longhorns) and we couldn't hang on to the ball. There's not a lot of rocket science involved.

sooner-n-ga
10/8/2006, 09:41 PM
This goes back to coaching, a disciplined team doesn't play like this one does !

Here's what I think about this years Sooners (actually the past 4 or 5 years)

1. The best coaches make adjustments at half time, stoops and company are terrible at this. They get out-coached most of the time.

2. PT has been a pleasant surprise.

3. AD is AD and will get his !

4. The O-line need to be replaced, they are a huge disappointment.

5. Our run defense is horrible.

6. Dj Wolfe couldn't cover me and I'm a 40 year old white guy.

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

sooner518
10/8/2006, 10:28 PM
This goes back to coaching, a disciplined team doesn't play like this one does !

1. The best coaches make adjustments at half time, stoops and company are terrible at this. They get out-coached most of the time.

7) that is a LOT of popcorn. :pop:

bstuff1979
10/8/2006, 10:37 PM
I agree with the intimidation part more than anything else, though it makes me throw up a little in my mouth to say that. Looking at the players on the sidelines, the looks on their faces, you could tell that they the wind taken out of their sails by the time texas scored their 1st td in the second half and had (most of the team, but not the whole team I'm hoping) given up on the whole thing with the 2nd td. Either way, this isn't a really good sign for the rest of the season. That being said, if Stoops can pull a Switzer-esque "it's us against the world" motivational turn around, the team has the talent to win out.

TrophyCollector
10/8/2006, 10:37 PM
By "we" I hope was including himself and his assistants. I thought all-around the coaches did a horrible job of preparing for and adjusting during this game.

tummer
10/8/2006, 10:58 PM
One team made all the slobberknocking hits in the game.

That probably had a little to do with it too.

Ash
10/8/2006, 11:05 PM

So every year since 2000 they've sucked...yup, I think I know where you're coming from.

FaninAma
10/8/2006, 11:07 PM
tummer, I'm guessing you're either a balding, middle-aged pot-bellied old fart or a geeky, greasy haired frat type that couldn't run a forty yard dash without getting winded but you're going to analyze the game for us.

We're so lucky to have your sorry *** over on the board setting us straight.

tbl
10/8/2006, 11:09 PM
Not sucked, but there has been a choke factor involved. Obviously not every game, but we haven't had a team completely committed to win since 2000. I've always thought there was something to the coaching that was causing most of this, since it has been pretty consistent.

jdsooner
10/8/2006, 11:11 PM
we beat ourselves against Texas...

Correct. Too many mistakes (such as Peterson tripping over Thompson) and turnovers. (a completed pass inside the red zone that is fumbled)

Texas did not dominate the game and got a gift at the end to make it appear that they did. Texas won because Texas did not make mistakes, not because they whipped us all over the field.

Octavian
10/8/2006, 11:19 PM
I thought the coaches' gameplan was fine. Solid plan on both sides of the ball.

Their players made more plays in key moments and ours made more crucial mistakes.

Not that hard...all the magic or voodoo in the world can't stop you from losing when two teams on the same tier step on the field and one of them makes that many more mistakes than the other.

FaninAma
10/8/2006, 11:29 PM
[quote=Octavian]I thought the coaches' gameplan was fine. Solid plan on both sides of the ball.

Their players made more plays in key moments and ours made more crucial mistakes.

Not that hard...all the magic or voodoo in the world can't stop you from losing when two teams on the same tier step on the field and one of them makes that many more mistakes than the other.[/quote

Good post but good luck trying to make the "Doom and Gloom" Sooner fans and the "OU Will Never Beat Us Again" Whorn fans understand that.

BIG_IKE
10/8/2006, 11:43 PM
Correct. Too many mistakes (such as Peterson tripping over Thompson) and turnovers. (a completed pass inside the red zone that is fumbled)

Texas did not dominate the game and got a gift at the end to make it appear that they did. Texas won because Texas did not make mistakes, not because they whipped us all over the field.

You can say Texas did not dominate, but they DID whip us all over the field.
We shut them out in the 2nd quarter, and they shut us out in the 1st, 3rd and 4th. We can say we lost the game all we want to, but certain facts remain..

1. They held AD to less yards per carry than we held either of their backs
2. They held Peterson to like 30 yards in the entire 2nd half
3. They knocked the snot out of our guys and caused fumbles
4. Despite our yards, we scored 1 TD, and they picked our QB off twice and did not let him throw a TD pass
5. On 2 clutch plays we let Malcolm in The Middle McCoy toss two TD pASSES.
6. We did not get any turnovers

To say we lost for any other reason than, because we got BEAT is crazy....
To say we won the coaching battle is crazy...

Octavian
10/9/2006, 12:08 AM
Good post but good luck trying to make the "Doom and Gloom" Sooner fans and the "OU Will Never Beat Us Again" Whorn fans understand that.

heh.

the outcome of this game always sends both fanbases into polar opposite sides of the spectrum.

Undying loyalty and euphoria & Apocolyptic nonsense.

If the majority of the horn fans had their way, Mack would've been gone after '03.

If two coaches develop programs of this calibur, it's usually gonna balance out.

Stoops is 5-3 v. Mack...pretty good.

Frozen Sooner
10/9/2006, 12:13 AM
One team made all the slobberknocking hits in the game.

That probably had a little to do with it too.

Nah. Adrian Peterson dished out a great hit on a fumble return.

Soonerus
10/9/2006, 07:49 AM
Nah. Adrian Peterson dished out a great hit on a fumble return.

THAT was the best hit of the day...