PDA

View Full Version : No Respek- Big 12

Katy's Most Wanted
10/8/2006, 08:11 PM
You know we as a conference are highly un-regarded when a 6-0 team from the North doesn't even sniff the top 10.
And the other 1 loss team is way down the list as well.
Can't say as i really blame them either.

TXBOOMER
10/8/2006, 08:15 PM
I think we are probably the 16th or 17th best team in the country and I truly believe we will beat Mizzou by a few points at their place.

Statalyzer
10/8/2006, 10:13 PM
Can't say as i really blame them either.

I can. Why should Missouri and Nebraska get punished for Baylor, Tech, A&M, Colorado, OSU, KU, and K-State's errors, when they haven't played most of those teams?

Sure, they will eventually, but they haven't yet. Don't rank a team by it's future schedule.

Besides, some guys in the AP Poll started out voting WVU #1 b/c they had a weaker schedule, therefore a better chance of winning out and finishing #1. So by that logic, Missouri should be ranked higher because the Big XII is looking crappy so far.

Pepper
10/8/2006, 10:30 PM
I don't think Missouri should be ranked in the top 10 yet. Teams like this have a history of showing their true colors later. Iowa State was a good example in 2002 when they came to Norman ranked #9 and lost 49-3.
The rankings this week are messed up however. I still think OU should be #2 in the Big 12 behind Texas. Actually I think we are just as good but didn't prove it. The polls will work themselves out over the next couple of weeks. I'm not taking too much stock in them right now.

FaninAma
10/8/2006, 11:02 PM
It was just a matter of time until Texas and the rest of the Texas trash turned the Big 8 into a bigger but just as pathetic of a conference as the old SWC.

tbl
10/8/2006, 11:06 PM
Huh???? Why blame the Texas teams for that?

FaninAma
10/8/2006, 11:25 PM
Huh???? Why blame the Texas teams for that?

Just wait and watch. And go ask a long time Arkansas fan why they left the SWC.

GreaterState
10/9/2006, 04:30 AM
It was just a matter of time until Texas and the rest of the Texas trash turned the Big 8 into a bigger but just as pathetic of a conference as the old SWC.

This argument is so tired that I'll say this much for it ... saying this within a day of having lost two in a row to Texas shows you as the master of timing ...

BIG_IKE
10/9/2006, 05:48 AM
We can't blame the Texas schools for the decline of the old Big 8...
First off...the entire Big 12 North is comprised of old Big 8 schools.
The only ones not in that Division is the Oklahoma schools.

and 6 of the 10 Championships went to South schools.
On any given day OU, Texas, and Tech can beat ANY team in the North.

The only ones you could complain about are Baylor and A&M...but hell they can beat the North teams half the time too.

Texas Tech and Texas have not fielded a bad team yet in Big 12 play, except Texas in 97' maybe, but Tech has been to 7 different Bowls (Alamo, Independence, Galleryfurniture, Cotton, Tangerine, Houston, Holiday) And is the only team in the Big 12 to never have a losing season since the Conference was created.

Here is an interesting statistic.....# of Losing Seasons since Big 12 started..
Texas Tech 0
Texas 1
Nebraska 1
Texas A&M 2
Kansas State 2
Oklahoma 3
Colorado 3
Iowa State 5
Missouri 6
Oklahoma State 6
Kansas 9
Baylor 10

I would not simply blame the Texas schools...we had some doormats in the Big 8 that carried over as well.

TUSooner
10/9/2006, 08:34 AM

Tejas has dragged the Big XII down? Uhhhhh.... no.

MiccoMacey
10/9/2006, 08:39 AM
Either hang with them or hang it up.

Scott D
10/9/2006, 08:51 AM
What about Missouri before this season made them a team to be reckoned with? Nebraska...what about the Callagimp experiment before this season gave people reason to think they were back to being a power?