PDA

View Full Version : Sooners drop to 23rd in AP

Rooster
10/8/2006, 04:50 PM
:mad: go to 6 and florida to 2.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=appoll&prov=st&type=lgns

noobalicious
10/8/2006, 06:10 PM
We lose to a ranked opponent, higher in both polls than us, and we drop ~9 spots. Auburn loses to an unranked opponent...at home...and drops ~8 places.

I for the life of me will never understand polls.

Looks like Mizzou will be our toughest remaining game. If we win out its going to be either Cotton Bowl or Holiday Bowl depending on how Nebraska fares the remainder of the way. One more loss probably Holiday or Alamo. Two or more losses and we go to a pretty crappy bowl.

I for one, am hoping we get to the Holiday Bowl and play Oregon so we can whoop them.

badger
10/8/2006, 06:22 PM
drops happen, and they usually coincide with losses. This wasn't a questionable loss, this was a solid loss and it was to a good opponent. Auburn's defeated good teams, we have defeated...

We'll climb up the rankings after we win a few more. That's just how it works.

sanantoniosooner
10/8/2006, 06:32 PM
I wasn't impressed with the team this weekend. Why would anyone else be?

zeke
10/8/2006, 06:34 PM
about right i figue. we may not be that good

Rooster
10/8/2006, 07:14 PM
we arn't doing to bad..Most on this board predicted we would get beat by the horns at the begining of the season. The duck loss hurts worse than this one..we can still win out...lots of folks were saying they would be happy with a 10-2 record at the first of the year...maybe we started out better than we thought and we were just hoping to win this one....

Rogue
10/8/2006, 07:16 PM
Seems a little low to me, but not surprising. I figure we're somewhere between 14th and 18th.

soonercody
10/8/2006, 07:17 PM
somewhere between 14th and 18th.

Sounds about right.

TXBOOMER
10/8/2006, 08:01 PM
We are still getting negged for the K State loss 3 years ago. F the media. The only way we will get respect is to get the attitude back in here and win big games.

Cr@zySooner
10/8/2006, 08:33 PM
The only way we will get respect is to get the attitude back in here and win big games.

Hell yea, we need to get our "swagger" back and get the sooner magic going again.

WASOONERFAN
10/8/2006, 08:36 PM
We are still getting negged for the K State loss 3 years ago. F the media. The only way we will get respect is to get the attitude back in here and win big games.
I agree!:mad: