PDA

View Full Version : Texas gains 233 yards and wins 28-10....

Soonerus
10/7/2006, 10:55 PM
....are you frickin kidding me we should have won easily....5 turnoves....oh I have a headache...at least Texas fans realizes how lucky they were and kept there mouths shut after the game...11 penalties and 5 turnovers, I am not sure you beat Middle Tennessee State with that ineptness....so disappointing,,,

Soonerus
10/7/2006, 11:06 PM
How, f'ing how, does texas get 28 points out of a pathetic 233 offensive outburst...OU's defense played great...

Soonerus
10/7/2006, 11:15 PM
How, f'ing HOW !!!!!!!!!

MiccoMacey
10/7/2006, 11:20 PM
Post padder...;)

Soonerus
10/7/2006, 11:21 PM
****, you gain 233 and you shoud be beat 35-10...

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 11:22 PM
BRENT VENABALS!!!! MUST DIE!!! MIKE STOOPS NEVER GAVE UP 233 YARDS!!!!!!!!

MiccoMacey
10/7/2006, 11:24 PM
BRENT VENABALS!!!! MUST DIE!!! MIKE STOOPS NEVER GAVE UP 233 YARDS!!!!!!!!

KSU - 2003 - Big XII CCG

Blue
10/7/2006, 11:26 PM
How do you guys not see that we got dominated? Except for the 2nd quarter we looked stupid.

Soonerus
10/7/2006, 11:29 PM
Were you at the game...we were not dominated dunce...we dominated, except for bone-head penalties, turnovers and replay official ineptness AGAIN !!!!!

Blue
10/7/2006, 11:34 PM
Were you at the game...we were not dominated dunce...we dominated, except for bone-head penalties, turnovers and replay official ineptness AGAIN !!!!!

You might have been at the game, but I'm sure you were fighting off people telling you to STFU and sit down. IN THE SOONER SECTION NO LESS!

You're the dumbass I thought you were if you thought we played up to potential today.

Soonerus
10/7/2006, 11:37 PM
We played a great game dumbass...mistakes exclude....we were the better team on the field...I saw it with my own eyes...Texas will lose 2 more games this year ...mark it down brainiac...

Blue
10/7/2006, 11:41 PM
We played a great game dumbass...mistakes exclude....we were the better team on the field...I saw it with my own eyes...Texas will lose 2 more games this year ...mark it down brainiac...

MmmmmmK Dick****. I think your eyes were blinded by the light.

MiccoMacey
10/7/2006, 11:44 PM
We got beat...but not dominated.

MTSU got dominated. We lost to a better team.

When you out-offense the other team, it's not a domination.

We aren't good enough to overcome ourselves (penalties and turnovers).

It's sickening to see grown folk cry like little children over the officiating..."we was robbed...we was robbed".

We got beat. But not dominated. But we're still 3-2, just the same.

Soonerus
10/7/2006, 11:49 PM
Of course we got beat look at the scoreboard...we outplayed the Horns today...they were lucky to win.....their fans recognized that...but some down and out OU fans cannot see it....annoying...

Blue
10/7/2006, 11:57 PM
Of course we got beat look at the scoreboard...we outplayed the Horns today...they were lucky to win.....their fans recognized that...but some down and out OU fans cannot see it....annoying...

You're ****ing annoying. 28-10! Not that close. Take away the BS Fumble return. 21-10.

Point is, we couldn't score. MNC teams score...

MiccoMacey
10/7/2006, 11:59 PM
When I was a wrestling coach at a junior high, I had kids that always blamed the refs for there losses. I always wondered what happened to those kids. No need to wonder anymore.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:00 AM
lucky, lucky,lucky,lucky......

GottaHavePride
10/8/2006, 12:05 AM
Yeah, Texas got lucky on a few calls, but we looked like **** out there. Dropped passes, penalties, turnovers, missed tackles, blown coverages, terrible blocking. I mean sure, we can say we played a "great game, mistakes excluded" but when there are that many mistakes... maybe we just played a ****ty game and got beat by a team we COULD have beaten IF we had actually played well.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:08 AM
We held Texas to 233 yards and that says it all...otherwise, without debate, we beat ourselves....

Blue
10/8/2006, 12:09 AM
We held Texas to 233 yards and that says it all...otherwise, without debate, we beat ourselves....

Blah, blah, blah....

Did we put the ball in the endzone?!

MiccoMacey
10/8/2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah, Texas got lucky on a few calls, but we looked like **** out there. Dropped passes, penalties, turnovers, missed tackles, blown coverages, terrible blocking. I mean sure, we can say we played a "great game, mistakes excluded" but when there are that many mistakes... maybe we just played a ****ty game and got beat by a team we COULD have beaten IF we had actually played well.

Agreed. And that's the hardest part to swallow for me.

We could have won this game, had we played mostly mistake-free ball. Heck, even if we only make the same amount of mistakes Texas made (what, three penalties and zero turnovers???) we still could have won this game.

But we didn't. We kicked the crap out of ourselves. And Texas took full advantage.

MiccoMacey
10/8/2006, 12:11 AM

No we didn't...the refs did, remember. :rolleyes:

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:14 AM
I have been to about 10 OU/tx games were we deserved to win but did not...I am sick of it....

Blue
10/8/2006, 12:16 AM
I have been to about 10 OU/tx games were we deserved to win but did not...I am sick of it....

You're delusional...

MiccoMacey
10/8/2006, 12:17 AM
Has OU ever lost a game to a better team according to you...or is it always "The refs/karma/a ufo's" fault?

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:20 AM
We have never lost a game I thought we should have lost in the history of OU football, even the Blake years...

Blue
10/8/2006, 12:22 AM
We have never lost a game I thought we should have lost in the history of OU football, even the Blake years...

Well all ****! How come that doesn't make me feel better?

wileyousooner
10/8/2006, 12:22 AM
long time reader, first time poster. if you look at the stats and rewatch the game, you clearly see we beat ourselves. 5 turnovers and 11 penalties will kill any team, especially two so closely matched. i wasn't overly impressed with texas. we did have several missed catches but the glaring thing is the turnovers. had they not scored on that lateral, it would have been 21-10. stupid mistake

birddog
10/8/2006, 12:24 AM
i don't understand why we are so undisciplined. there is no way you can beat a team with 5 turnovers if they have 0, even if you hold 'em to 100 total yards. it just doesn't happen.
i can't remember a game when we looked so sloppy.
the second half was just a total beat down.we definitely have as much talent but man, that 2nd half, we blew arse.

Blue
10/8/2006, 12:24 AM
21-10 still= we couldn't score in the 2nd half.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:30 AM
21-10 still= we couldn't score in the 2nd half.

WE could have tho' and it would have been wild times....I still thought we would win when it was 28-10....

Blue
10/8/2006, 12:31 AM
WE could have tho' and it would have been wild times....I still thought we would win when it was 28-10....

Well you're on CRACK.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:35 AM
Never crack...I just believe !!!!!

TUSooner
10/8/2006, 12:42 AM
, except for bone-head penalties, turnovers
C'mon. All that stuff counts; you do that stuff and you deserve to lose.

and replay official ineptness AGAIN !!!!!
This was not Oregon or even close. No way to blame the loss on the refs this time.

I just can't believe we managed to be such 2nd half chumps. THAT's what's so disappointing to me.

tummer
10/8/2006, 12:48 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b19/jeffnee/soonerkidcrying.jpg

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:50 AM
I look at our potential and that's my reality...that is why it is so difficult for me to stomach a loss like this where we were clearly the team that should have won that game....

tummer
10/8/2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah, Soonerus, and Colt McCoy sucked today. didn't he?

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:52 AM
Maybe some of you guys should becoms OSU supporters since your actions seen very consistent with LOSERS !!!!

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:53 AM

HE was very,very, average.... nothing to get excited about...

Blue

Dude. You won, you deserved it. Now **** off. Please.

tummer
45-12

+

28-10

=

73-22

OUCH

birddog
10/8/2006, 12:54 AM
we get it man. you won.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:55 AM
Good luck next year lucky...

Blue
Maybe some of you guys should becoms OSU supporters since your actions seen very consistent with LOSERS !!!!

Maybe you should move to San Diego and put on some Nikes and wait for the UFO's to rescue you.!

You're irrational.

SoonerSinger3
Okay, to the person that said our defense played great is full of ****. A great defense doesn't get burned(D.J. Wolfe again). A great defense doesn't let the opposing team whip their *** on the first drive of the second half. A great defense forces turnovers. Let's see how many did we force today? Zero. The defense played good and they are getting better, but their tenacity is not there at all. They play too tentatively and they think too much instead of hitting someone in the mouth. And what about the play calling? Our offense is basically 3 plays

1st play-Handoff to Adrian
2nd play-PA fake to Adrian or bootleg.
3rd play-Post and slant patterns to recievers

Our offensive play calling is way too vanilla. After watching the Razorbacks thump Auburn, I wish we had that offensive coordinator. He keeps the defense guessing every play with different motions. Oh yeah Arkansas believes in a two back system unlike Bobby. Seriously, why in the hell aren't we utilizing our talent. I think having a two back set with Adrian and Patrick would be very effective.

Last thought though...This is the softest team Bob Stoops has ever had and the coaching this year has been average at best.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:57 AM
Maybe your sceen name is prophethic...I'm soooooooooo blue.....I hate my self....

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:58 AM
Okay, to the person that said our defense played great is full of ****. A great defense doesn't get burned(D.J. Wolfe again). A great defense doesn't let the opposing team whip their *** on the first drive of the second half. A great defense forces turnovers. Let's see how many did we force today? Zero. The defense played good and they are getting better, but their tenacity is not there at all. They play too tentatively and they think too much instead of hitting someone in the mouth. And what about the play calling? Our offense is basically 3 plays

1st play-Handoff to Adrian
2nd play-PA fake to Adrian or bootleg.
3rd play-Post and slant patterns to recievers

Our offensive play calling is way too vanilla. After watching the Razorbacks thump Auburn, I wish we had that offensive coordinator. He keeps the defense guessing every play with different motions. Oh yeah Arkansas believes in a two back system unlike Bobby. Seriously, why in the hell aren't we utilizing our talent. I think having a two back set with Adrian and Patrick would be very effective.

Last thought though...This is the softest team Bob Stoops has ever had and the coaching this year has been average at best.

233 speaks for itself...

Blue
10/8/2006, 01:05 AM
Maybe your sceen name is prophethic...I'm soooooooooo blue.....I hate my self....

Try again nutbags...

You're just a *********.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 01:06 AM
nice come back blue man....

Blue
10/8/2006, 01:12 AM
nice come back blue man....

How about this...

Your momma so skinny she can hang-glide on a DORITO.

Huh? Huh? :D

Blue
10/8/2006, 01:16 AM
That is a classic photo. I was like..."Don't show that crying MF'er!" :D

Blue
10/8/2006, 01:27 AM
Blue, have you gotten that beer at "tavern on the phipps" yet? My sister just bought the winter attire at a stripper boutique. The beer is still on me.

I'm moving to Columbus, Ohio tomorrow. Do you know any dirty strippers in Ohio?

critical_phil
10/8/2006, 01:28 AM
I am so sad.............................. I found out today that my mom is my sister:rolleyes: ....................

unintentional comedy = funny
intentional uncomedy = not funny

it's already been said. good game. you won. now please f|_|ck off.

plzthnx.

Blue
10/8/2006, 01:43 AM
Good luck on the move..... I know lots of good **** in OH.....IO . None of them are going to buy you a beer.....sorrry.

Good luck with the move I hope it is a promotion.
:)

Nah, it's a de-motion. I'll be working underground....with IKE.:D

Desert Sapper
10/8/2006, 01:44 AM
I saw a decent first half performance completely blown by a second half dominated by mistakes. Yes, the refs made some questionable calls. Nothing worth mentioning, though. SHOULD we have won? No. COULD we have won? Yes. The only thing holding this team back is itself.

As a side note: The best player in the country should not a) try to stabilize himself with his ball-carrying hand or b) bat a lateral toward his own endzone and not cover it up.

F U M B L E I T I S S U C K S

1stTimeCaller
10/8/2006, 01:47 AM
Good luck on the move..... I know lots of good **** in OH.....IO . None of them are going to buy you a beer.....sorrry.

Good luck with the move I hope it is a promotion.
:)

does the **** word rhyme with rock?

:D

horninokc
10/8/2006, 01:54 AM

When the other team keeps turning over the ball and giving you a short field, you don't have to go that many yards to get 28 points. After a miserable second quarter Texas owned the second half. Five turnovers will do that.

Blue
10/8/2006, 02:02 AM
When the other team keeps turning over the ball and giving you a short field, you don't have to go that many yards to get 28 points. After a miserable second quarter Texas owned the second half. Five turnovers will do that.

STFU you stupid bastard. That's one Sooner Fan. But he's better than you. So STFU.

horninokc
10/8/2006, 02:14 AM
STFU you stupid bastard. That's one Sooner Fan. But he's better than you. So STFU.

Well, that was intelligent. But the fact is when you don't have to go the length of the field to score you score easier and get fewer yards doing it. Never heard you say you were 'lucky" when it went your way in the past.

But even with all of ou's mistakes, your guys still played a lot better than I thought they would going in. They continue to improve.

Blue
10/8/2006, 02:16 AM
Dude Blue, that might be why you are getting De-moted.......the writer was on key and you lose it.

enjoy winter in OH.........IO but calm down some.

No MF. I'm the model Mother****ing employee. My boss is just a dumb****. It's actually the job that will pw3nd you in 2 years. You're gonna hate it, but I'm gonna have you gettin my cofee, boy. For Litig8tr of course.:D

Blue
10/8/2006, 02:18 AM
Well, that was intelligent. But the fact is when you don't have to go the length of the field to score you score easier and get fewer yards doing it. Never heard you say you were 'lucky" when it went your way in the past.

But even with all of ou's mistakes, your guys still played a lot better than I thought they would going in. They continue to improve.

Blah.blah, blah. You sound like a "*****-Go-Round."

Either say you whupped us, or go home.

****-boy.

Blue
10/8/2006, 02:43 AM
I try to be nice to you blue and buy you beer and this is the %^%(^%( I get.............That is why I DO NOT HAVE A BOSS AND MAKE MORE THAN YOU WILL EVER SEE.

Good luck in OH..............IO

and get me some cofee biatch because you are an EMPLOYEE.....Your boss sounds lke a a DUCK official...maybe that is why you loss 'cause you a a model employeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

lmao doesn't do the trick. I hate Ohio and I said I'd never go back. Oh, what money does to us....

I appreciate it Plano Ut. I'm a slave to the Grind <Skid Row>

And I'm supremely wasted right now...

So, I guess, have a good one...:D

Blue
10/8/2006, 03:14 AM
I am too... not to be to disrespectful ( great album by Skid though I am a bigger fan of their first).

I know it sucks to lose but ya'll LOST for the only reason OF........TEXAS IS BETTER THIS YEAR.

Next year might be differnt but not now. I hope the career works out in Ohio and the rest of the season.

TEXAS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FIGHT

**** Tecksas. :D. Ya'll are better and i don't give a ****. Grats and blow it out your ***.

I'll be back.

footballfanatic
10/8/2006, 05:22 AM
I look at our potential and that's my reality...that is why it is so difficult for me to stomach a loss like this where we were clearly the team that should have won that game....

I would say you were clearly the better in the second quarter, which you dominated. Yes, Peterson was good, not great, but PT didn't look like a world beater. He played to about his ability, given the coaching restrictions. And you didn't get any pressure on McCoy in the second half. A team that's "clearly the better team" gets pressure on the QB. And some of those turnovers were do to hits--Texas deserves credit for the hitting and discipline. I'll give you the lateral call. That was a VERY close call, and looked blown--but AD didn't go all out and run the ball down. Teaxs did. You can't claim you were better, except for penalties and turnovers, since avoiding those are a part of a team being better.

Since71ASooner4Life
10/8/2006, 06:17 AM
Nothing to be ashamed of here - plain and simple, we lost to a better more seasoned team. This is our first legitimate loss in about 12 games. Let's not forget that their one loss (to #1 ranked team) over two seasons says something about who we played. Penalties and turnovers aren't something that just happen to one team, with the other team having nothing to do with it. For the most part Texas won the battle of wills on both lines of scrimage. Unquestionably they were the harder hitting defensive secondary - some of which was a reflection of what was taking place on the lines. And give the freshman QB some credit for making some plays. The bad call on the incomplete pass that gave Texas 7 pts had no bearing on the outcome of this game.

TripleOption14
10/8/2006, 08:38 AM
This game came down to two words... FIELD POSITION!!!!! And sprinkle in the whole turnover thing and PRESTO you get what we saw yesterday!! Keep pinning your opposition deep and force turnovers and thats why the only needed 233 yards because they weren't going that far.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/8/2006, 09:00 AM
:pop:

TUSooner
10/8/2006, 09:08 AM
:pop:
Pass the popcorn. There's nothing quite like an informed rational and intelligent discussion of college football. And this thread is definitely nothing like it.

justanotherguy
10/8/2006, 11:05 AM
I see three problems with the current situation in Norman...

1. College football is no longer a running-back dominated game. If you don't have a quarterback with the abililty to consistently throw the ball all over the field (Chad Henne, Brady Quinn, J.D. Booty, Zac Taylor at Nebraska) or with the ability to run well (think Pat White of West Virginia, Will Proctor of Clemson, Dennis Dixon :mad: ), it's going to be tough to really move the ball consistently against good defenses.

Paul Thompson has done a magnificent job as an emergency quarterback. I'm not disparaging him... rather, I'm calling a spade a spade and saying that as good a person as Paul appears to be, he's not a game-changer.

2. We are learning that just because you have one of the best running backs of all time doesn't necessarily mean we are going to win the national championship. Let me explain...

When you have a player of AD's caliber, the offense MUST go through him. Unfortunately, this causes two problems...

a. The best defenses have progressed to the point that you have to play almost error-free to win.

b. Handing off to Peterson 30 times a game really limits your options as an offense. It's a lot easier to be inventive (an element currently missing from our offense) when you throw the ball 35 times a game as opposed to being forced to run the same 3 plays 30 times a game in order to get the ball in your game changer's hands.

3. (and this isn't a problem so much as it's a comment) It's really sad that we have more or less floundered the opportunity to have one of the best college football players EVER. 3 years with Peterson, 1 National Championship blowout, 1 Holiday Bowl victory, 1 potential Cotton Bowl.

Here's to hoping we win out. I'd like to beat an undefeated Missouri in Columbia, I'd like to beat A&M in College Station, and I'd like to avenge the Texas Tech loss. But here's to hoping that we learn from the past two years and find a quarterback that gives our offense a fighting chance to win a championship in today's college football landscape.

Boomer Sooner...

tulsaoilerfan
10/8/2006, 11:20 AM
We got our butts kicked on both sides of the line of scrimmage in the second half, and that's when the game was decided; we didn't deserve to win this game and if anyone thinks otherwise they are delusional

GottaHavePride
10/8/2006, 11:35 AM
I see three problems with the current situation in Norman...

1. College football is no longer a running-back dominated game. If you don't have a quarterback with the abililty to consistently throw the ball all over the field (Chad Henne, Brady Quinn, J.D. Booty, Zac Taylor at Nebraska) or with the ability to run well (think Pat White of West Virginia, Will Proctor of Clemson, Dennis Dixon :mad: ), it's going to be tough to really move the ball consistently against good defenses.

Paul Thompson has done a magnificent job as an emergency quarterback. I'm not disparaging him... rather, I'm calling a spade a spade and saying that as good a person as Paul appears to be, he's not a game-changer.

2. We are learning that just because you have one of the best running backs of all time doesn't necessarily mean we are going to win the national championship. Let me explain...

When you have a player of AD's caliber, the offense MUST go through him. Unfortunately, this causes two problems...

a. The best defenses have progressed to the point that you have to play almost error-free to win.

b. Handing off to Peterson 30 times a game really limits your options as an offense. It's a lot easier to be inventive (an element currently missing from our offense) when you throw the ball 35 times a game as opposed to being forced to run the same 3 plays 30 times a game in order to get the ball in your game changer's hands.

3. (and this isn't a problem so much as it's a comment) It's really sad that we have more or less floundered the opportunity to have one of the best college football players EVER. 3 years with Peterson, 1 National Championship blowout, 1 Holiday Bowl victory, 1 potential Cotton Bowl.

Here's to hoping we win out. I'd like to beat an undefeated Missouri in Columbia, I'd like to beat A&M in College Station, and I'd like to avenge the Texas Tech loss. But here's to hoping that we learn from the past two years and find a quarterback that gives our offense a fighting chance to win a championship in today's college football landscape.

Boomer Sooner...

I still disagree with those two points. I think we're trying to force the game through AD too much. Defenses have a lot of speed now (and AD, I think, lost a step with the ankle injury) and they're selling out to stop Adrian. that leaves defenses WIDE OPEN for Paul to take advantage of - note the success we had passing on third-and-long for most of the day. The problem is that we're unwilling to go away from AD on first and second down. That combined with our false-starts meant that almost all of our third-down situations were long-yardage, and you can't win all of those.

PT's a gamer, but we need to put him in better situations.

mosoon
10/8/2006, 11:55 AM
OU got beat at halftime. Mack made better adjustments than Stoops. Outcoached. Stinks, but oh well. Next year.

NightFlyerDFW
10/8/2006, 12:03 PM
we need to score more than 10 pts. before spouting off about "deserving" to win.

BOONE -r- SOONER
10/8/2006, 12:35 PM

Whoa, Davidson kicked the crap out of J'Ville, but what does that have to do with the OU-tx game?

Dances with Possums
10/8/2006, 01:23 PM
Man, I cried at a Texas-OU game when I was a kid. I'm sure glad that there wasn't a camera around and that the internet had yet to be invented.

Flagstaffsooner
10/8/2006, 01:27 PM
Man, I cried at a Texas-OU game when I was a kid. I'm sure glad that there wasn't a camera around and that the internet had yet to be invented.Bet you still crap your diapers.:texan:

FaninAma
10/8/2006, 02:36 PM
tummer, does the picture of the crying OU kid give you some type of warped pleasure. You are a sick, pathetic bastard.

Horninokc, I wouldn't have expected event the little bit of class you've exhibited in this thread. You suprised me.

PalmBeachSooner
10/8/2006, 03:04 PM

I will bet you any amount of money Texas does not lose two more games. I will also bet you any amount of money OU will lose two more games. Texas was the better team and pushed us around when they wanted. Colt McCoy was better than PT. He made plays when it counted the most. Texas drove eighty yards for a TD on their 1st possession of the 2nd half as if they were playing against Sam Houston State. When OU turned it over on their next possession when they were driving it was over.

You can't dismiss penalties and turnovers as if they were nothing more than inconveniences. Texas was better than us because they had no turnovers and only two penalties. And yes, I was at the game.

goingoneight
10/8/2006, 03:10 PM
Blah, blah, blah....

Colt McCoy sure did... I wonder how it was he did that again??? :rolleyes:

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 03:15 PM
You must have watched a different game...I'll make a mental note of your 2-loss projections and remind you when you are wrong on both counts....

goingoneight
10/8/2006, 03:18 PM
We got our butts kicked on both sides of the line of scrimmage in the second half, and that's when the game was decided; we didn't deserve to win this game and if anyone thinks otherwise they are delusional

Thank you for making sense in an otherwise squirelly thread. OUr team started off with promise and laid down and died in the second half. Had we better field position and once again, good offciating (wishful thinking this season :rolleyes:), we could have made it a game or even won. But much like the game of which we do not speak, we just let them bend us over on defense and tried to rush things too much on offense, a choke, if you will...

FaninAma
10/8/2006, 03:50 PM
How many games has OU won under Stoops when we were out-rushed?

The answer is a lot. Heck, we beat a decent Alabama home rushing for a minus 23 yards. How did we do that? We did it by taking what the defense gave us and playing good defense.

I think having AD has made our offensive coaches lazy. They seem to have lost any bility to exploit defense that are gambling to stop AD and we don't have an offensive line that can block 8 defenders satcked at the line of scrimmage.

David Earl
10/9/2006, 07:38 AM
45-12

+

28-10

=

73-22

OUCH

noobie + smack = 10 days banning...

putastar
10/9/2006, 07:43 AM

I'd cry too if someone just farted in my face:(

Soonerus
10/9/2006, 07:44 AM

Thank you...

David Earl
10/9/2006, 07:50 AM

On second thought, you're gone.

David Earl
10/9/2006, 07:51 AM
I'd cry too if someone just farted in my face:(

You too.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2006, 07:52 AM
texas played a squeaky clean, mistake free game. We were sloppy as hell. We didn't suck.

I only saw ONE bad call (on Finley when he pushed off ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE). We just plain put the ball on the carpet and had too many penalties.

Our team is young. We'll be back... without AD, but we'll still win.

Soonerus
10/9/2006, 07:56 AM
texas played a squeaky clean, mistake free game. We were sloppy as hell. We didn't suck.

I only saw ONE bad call (on Finley when he pushed off ON THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE). We just plain put the ball on the carpet and had too many penalties.

Our team is young. We'll be back... without AD, but we'll still win.

I like you attitude but Texas made a few, non-turnover, mistakes...like only gaining 232 yards on offense...that is not a good day at the office...

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2006, 08:05 AM
45-12

+

28-10

=

73-22

OUCH

Wasn't that the final score in 2003? Something like that anyway.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/9/2006, 08:09 AM
I like you attitude but Texas made a few, non-turnover, mistakes...like only gaining 232 yards on offense...that is not a good day at the office...

Again, OU doesn't suck. We were just sloppy. 232 yards is a testimony to our defense sucking it up and holding ut as long as they could. You turn the ball over that many times and you lose. Look at our +-turnovers since 1999. It's very telling as to our success. You pull that **** in ONE game? You lose.

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2006, 08:12 AM
You do what you have to do to win the game.

That's all they did.

If OU had won with the same philosophy, I would have been fine with it. UT played very conservative and OU didn't force them to take chances.

Soonerus
10/9/2006, 08:22 AM
You do what you have to do to win the game.

That's all they did.

If OU had won with the same philosophy, I would have been fine with it. UT played very conservative and OU didn't force them to take chances.

SAS, believe it or not I agree with you...my only real point was luck played a role and Texas must be concerned with their offense ans their pass defense...

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2006, 08:29 AM
I don't know. I wasn't impressed with UT all that much. They sat back and watched us self-destruct.

But this game is a unique game. I wouldn't apply what happens in this game to the rest of the season necessarily. Beating OU may have given the UT players and coached confidence to open up against the rest of the schedule.

I doubt it though. Greg Davis still doesn't impress me with play calling.

TexasLidig8r
10/9/2006, 08:49 AM
I don't know. I wasn't impressed with UT all that much. They sat back and watched us self-destruct.

But this game is a unique game. I wouldn't apply what happens in this game to the rest of the season necessarily. Beating OU may have given the UT players and coached confidence to open up against the rest of the schedule.

I doubt it though. Greg Davis still doesn't impress me with play calling.

SAS... we sat back and watched you self destruct?????

The fact that the Texas was a harder hitting team on defense and controlled both lines of scrimmage after halftime had nothing to do with it? Were you watching the 3rd and 1 quarterback sneak in the second half when Texas gained SIX yards???

Davis may not impress you with his play calling, but the Texas coaching staff made adjustments at halftime, opened the playbook up in the second half which resulted in two crucial long drives in the 3rd quarter. Davis gets a fair amount of bashing but facts are facts ... Texas scored more touchdowns on Saturday than Oklahoma has scored in the last three years combined.

BIG_IKE
10/9/2006, 08:57 AM
Texas scored more touchdowns on Saturday than Oklahoma has scored in the last three years combined.

:mad: I hate you Lid...

Well....we have been to more BCS Championship games in the last 3 years!!!:D

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2006, 08:57 AM
I'm less impressed with Chiz than ever. I think his defenses have benefited from having some incredibly gifted offenses to give him a lot of rest and time to adjust. When you are on the field more it's harder to do that stuff.

Texas gets credit for hard hits. But it's not like people don't survive hard hits weekly without turning the ball over.

And the rash of penalties were out own issue.

TexasLidig8r
10/9/2006, 09:08 AM
I'm less impressed with Chiz than ever. I think his defenses have benefited from having some incredibly gifted offenses to give him a lot of rest and time to adjust. When you are on the field more it's harder to do that stuff.

Texas gets credit for hard hits. But it's not like people don't survive hard hits weekly without turning the ball over.

And the rash of penalties were out own issue.

Questions about Chizik arose at the start of this year. We did not make good defensive adjustments against aggy last year resulting in that game being much closer than it should have been. USC had a strong offensive game against us. Ohio State lit up our secondary (granted without T. Brown and with one safety playing on one leg)... then Iowa State threw for more yards than what is acceptable.

On the plus side, tackling is very sound, the run defense this year is more than salty.

FaninAma
10/9/2006, 09:44 AM
Lid,

Texas is God's gift to college football. You guys are never, ever going to lose a Big 12 game again. Mack Brown is to college football what Vince Lombardi was to professional football. Mack is a reincarnation of KNute Rockne.

Now, are you happy? Good, then go away!.

TUSooner
10/9/2006, 10:11 AM
Man, I cried at a Texas-OU game when I was a kid. I'm sure glad that there wasn't a camera around and that the internet had yet to be invented.
But was there a drawing of you on the cover of "Harper's Weekly"

lame.
obscure and lame.

:O

josh09
10/9/2006, 10:19 AM

tis true, we kept driving deep into their territory, and then either committing a turnover, or backing ourselves into like 3rd and 30's. we were dominating through the middle of the field, but just got cold feet in their territory when it counted.

josh09
10/9/2006, 10:19 AM
if we played this game 10 more times, we'd win about 7 of those.

footballfanatic
10/9/2006, 10:34 AM
tis true, we kept driving deep into their territory, and then either committing a turnover, or backing ourselves into like 3rd and 30's. we were dominating through the middle of the field, but just got cold feet in their territory when it counted.

I think presenting stats is disengenious. Stats don't win games. At least 50 of your yards were gained when the score was 28-10 and we were laying way back. Making the right calls and executing at the right time is what wins games. Texas dominated the most crucial part of the game--the third quarter. OU didn't score in the second half. That is being dominated.

And now a word about the lateral. To be fair, many OU fans have said that call didn't affect the outcome of the game. I'm not sure about that. My point is not that it wasn't a turnover, like one of the posters wrote, but that the game was symbolized in that play. Peterson quit after the throw. Ross didn't. Texas came to win.

Stitch Face
10/9/2006, 10:36 AM
Sunshine pumping is one thing, but our recent troubles have paradoxically turned Soonerus into some sort of UV radiation blaster. Either that or he's a mod-generated anti-troll designed to drum up incredulous conversation.

Texas Golfer
10/9/2006, 10:37 AM
You're ****ing annoying. 28-10! Not that close. Take away the BS Fumble return. 21-10.

Point is, we couldn't score. MNC teams score...

You are being oversimplistic. The score did not reflect the play on the field.

Texas Golfer
10/9/2006, 10:39 AM
Blah, blah, blah....

I wish life was as simple as you try to make it out.

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2006, 10:40 AM
oh........I don't know.

The score sucked.

The play on the field sucked.

Sounds representative to me.

Texas Golfer
10/9/2006, 10:43 AM

He had less yards passing than AD did by running. I'd say he didn't do anything spectacular.

Texas Golfer
10/9/2006, 10:46 AM
Try again nutbags...

You're just a *********.

We get it. You think we suck.

Texas Golfer
10/9/2006, 10:53 AM
And some of those turnovers were do to hits--Texas deserves credit for the hitting and discipline. I'll give you the lateral call. That was a VERY close call, and looked blown--but AD didn't go all out and run the ball down. Teaxs did. You can't claim you were better, except for penalties and turnovers, since avoiding those are a part of a team being better.

Talk about contradicting oneself... You claim the three lost fumbles were due to fierce hitting when neither of AD's were. Once the ground caused the fumble (which it isn't supposed to do) and the other was a called lateral that wasn't a lateral. Neither of those were caused by fierce hitting. The only lost fumble that was caused by a good hit was Inglesias's.

We just played one of our sloppiest games in recent memory. Plain and simple.

Soonerus
10/9/2006, 11:01 AM
Sunshine pumping is one thing, but our recent troubles have paradoxically turned Soonerus into some sort of UV radiation blaster. Either that or he's a mod-generated anti-troll designed to drum up incredulous conversation.

BAWHAHAHAHAHA....

footballfanatic
10/9/2006, 02:15 PM
Talk about contradicting oneself... You claim the three lost fumbles were due to fierce hitting when neither of AD's were. Once the ground caused the fumble (which it isn't supposed to do) and the other was a called lateral that wasn't a lateral. Neither of those were caused by fierce hitting. The only lost fumble that was caused by a good hit was Inglesias's.

We just played one of our sloppiest games in recent memory. Plain and simple.

Good point on the fumbles, but the Texas hitting was fierce (don't believe me--read the quotes from Sooner players and coaches), and the mindset (not to mention physical pain) of the Sooners affected their play. Meaningless stats aside, Texas took control of the game physically and mentally, much in the way OU did in your long string of wins. I take offense with the claim that OU "dominated" the game. Golfer, you didn't make the charge, but others did. Texas dominated the second half--OU got lots of yards, but DIDN'T SCORE. The same thing happened to us against OSU. Texas moved the ball all game, but couldn't score, leaving Texas fans to grasp at ultimately meaningless stats like 8 yards per rush. I have no problem with OU fans who claimed before the game that they had a better team, but saying so afterward is silly.

usmc-sooner
10/9/2006, 02:33 PM

are you freaking kidding me, had they had to drive from the 50 instead of deeper because our offense got dominated in the 2nd half. Heck they could've scored more but they started milking the clock at about their second possesion in the 4th.

Scott D
10/9/2006, 02:36 PM
are you freaking kidding me, had they had to drive from the 50 instead of deeper because our offense got dominated in the 2nd half. Heck they could've scored more but they started milking the clock at about their second possesion in the 4th.

they started around the same field position most of the first half, that one is in denial.

colleyvillesooner
10/10/2006, 08:55 AM
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/penguincult/_images/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

Soonerus
10/10/2006, 12:21 PM
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/penguincult/_images/ThisThreadSucks.jpg

thread-killer...

sanantoniosooner
10/10/2006, 12:38 PM
thread-killer...
this thread hadn't had a post in around 18 hours before he killed it.

thehornsfan
10/10/2006, 12:51 PM
Idiot. Attack your own fans. Is that all you have. Fumble Soonerus.

sanantoniosooner
10/10/2006, 12:52 PM
Dean will be along shortly to introduce himself.

MiccoMacey
10/10/2006, 12:53 PM
There are several posters he needs to let take a break...not all are Texas fans.

thehornsfan
10/10/2006, 12:56 PM
Soonerpus!

Our fans have class. The scoreboard spoke for itself. Did you need reminding that you lost?

http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=68&url_article_id=4490&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

sanantoniosooner
10/10/2006, 12:57 PM
yep, yer a gonner.

C&CDean
10/10/2006, 01:27 PM
Soonerpus!

Our fans have class. The scoreboard spoke for itself. Did you need reminding that you lost?

http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=68&url_article_id=4490&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

While I very much agree that one of our regular posters has taken a long walk off a short plank over the deep end, I'll be galdamned if I'm gonna let a whorn lecture us on class.

Bend over, spread em', here comes my permaban.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/10/2006, 01:40 PM
Good point on the fumbles, but the Texas hitting was fierce (don't believe me--read the quotes from Sooner players and coaches), and the mindset (not to mention physical pain) of the Sooners affected their play. Meaningless stats aside, Texas took control of the game physically and mentally, much in the way OU did in your long string of wins. I take offense with the claim that OU "dominated" the game. Golfer, you didn't make the charge, but others did. Texas dominated the second half--OU got lots of yards, but DIDN'T SCORE. The same thing happened to us against OSU. Texas moved the ball all game, but couldn't score, leaving Texas fans to grasp at ultimately meaningless stats like 8 yards per rush. I have no problem with OU fans who claimed before the game that they had a better team, but saying so afterward is silly.

You know, some might think that a texas fan spending all of his time on an OU football board is silly. Hey, can you tell me how great your football team is again?

Soonerus
10/10/2006, 02:10 PM
While I very much agree that one of our regular posters has taken a long walk off a short plank over the deep end, I'll be galdamned if I'm gonna let a whorn lecture us on class.

Bend over, spread em', here comes my permaban.

brings a tear to my eye...ironic...I am finished with this topic, remember it was started Saturday night...