PDA

View Full Version : Think we have enough BS threads yet???

ClintonSooner
10/7/2006, 10:48 PM
We lost, got spanked, we all know what the hell happened, Why do we have to trash everyone on our team. Glad the wagon is nearly empty, we can now breathe :rolleyes: .

Enough with the sarcasm guys, we got the point.

sooneron
10/7/2006, 10:49 PM
I have some thoughts on the wings I had during the game. Hold on, I need to start a thread on this...

Rogue
10/7/2006, 10:51 PM
This is ALMOST like the meltdown after the officiating fiasco in Eugene and not quite as bad as when they renamed the stadium. Remember when they had to make a "Football Only" board?

Scott D
10/7/2006, 10:52 PM
nah we're due for at least another 20 threads minimum by tuesday.

some of the potential options

Fire the Coaches
Pull all of the Scholarships
Fire the Administration
Burn down the stadium
Lynch Joe Castiglione
Create a new fault line separating Texas from the United States permanently
Fire everyone in the State of Oklahoma as pennance for thinking they are holier than thou and constantly slighted

and so on and so on.

Blue
10/7/2006, 10:54 PM
NO.

This is a Sooner message board. Enjoy the fact that so many people care.

Scott D
10/7/2006, 10:57 PM
NO.

This is a Sooner message board. Enjoy the fact that so many people care.

I was thinking I would anonymously submit an article to be put in a national publication with a bias against OU so that it's sure to be posted since I'll have to definitely put in some potshots about perceptions and blatantly obvious slights. It's guaranteed to get front page coverage then.

ClintonSooner
10/7/2006, 10:58 PM
actually, it doesnt seem like we care(as in the people I am talking about).

It seems like we have been spoiled, and its very idiotic.

Sad to know that I'm 17 and act more mature than some of you 30+ fellas

Soonerus
10/7/2006, 10:59 PM
I was at the game and we did not get spanked dunce...we were doing the spanking....

Blue
10/7/2006, 11:02 PM
actually, it doesnt seem like we care(as in the people I am talking about).

It seems like we have been spoiled, and its very idiotic.

Sad to know that I'm 17 and act more mature than some of you 30+ fellas

Dude.! It's OU/texas. Be as mature as you want to be. Go watch Matlock. You will find no sympathy or little empathy here.

Being 17, I'm sorry, gives you no insight on 50 years of OU football.

Scott D
10/7/2006, 11:05 PM
see my young friend, it seems that caring is a fine line. Apparently if you aren't ranting and raving about every little possible mistake that happened or any word that isn't glowingly positive by the national media about OU. Then you aren't a true fan, and you just don't care enough.

To the contrary, it is absolutely fine to be upset/disappointed by the result/outcome of an OU football game without going into an individual meltdown mode every time things don't go the way you 'expect' them to (which is to win via blowout every game for some people). It's perfectly fine to not rant or rave about the game for days on end after the game as if that particular game defines everything about your life.

On average the winningest schools have been around for 100 or so years with a football program. On average, they have 6.5 national championships. On average, that's 1 MNC every 15 years or so.

Blue
10/7/2006, 11:09 PM
see my young friend, it seems that caring is a fine line. Apparently if you aren't ranting and raving about every little possible mistake that happened or any word that isn't glowingly positive by the national media about OU. Then you aren't a true fan, and you just don't care enough.

To the contrary, it is absolutely fine to be upset/disappointed by the result/outcome of an OU football game without going into an individual meltdown mode every time things don't go the way you 'expect' them to (which is to win via blowout every game for some people). It's perfectly fine to not rant or rave about the game for days on end after the game as if that particular game defines everything about your life.

On average the winningest schools have been around for 100 or so years with a football program. On average, they have 6.5 national championships. On average, that's 1 MNC every 15 years or so.

Scott D...I like you... But, you, being as superiorly(word?) smart as you are...you should expect this on the FB board. Why beat your head against the wall?

Scott D
10/7/2006, 11:11 PM
Scott D...I like you... But, you, being as superiorly(word?) smart as you are...you should expect this on the FB board. Why beat your head against the wall?

hey I'm just trying to let our young friend here know that not everyone has a severe case of goldfishbowlism. :)

ClintonSooner
10/7/2006, 11:14 PM
Dude.! It's OU/texas. Be as mature as you want to be. Go watch Matlock. You will find no sympathy or little empathy here.

Being 17, I'm sorry, gives you no insight on 50 years of OU football.

What does sympathy have to do with anything?

Ya its a rivalry, But I really could care less about what John Johnson has to say about # 8 losing the game for us...blah blah blah, its all the same.

I'm sorry but from what I saw we spanked ourselves and they hammered us in the hitting game.

In the means of it all, we are OU and we will be ok, exp is gained and Ill be damned if we dont win out.

Ohh and the 50 years of ou bull crap, sorry But I probably know more than you would expect:O

Blue
10/7/2006, 11:15 PM
hey I'm just trying to let our young friend here know that not everyone has a severe case of goldfishbowlism. :)

We may not have a goldfish bowl, but we definitely have algae on the tank.....And everyone knows it.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/7/2006, 11:19 PM
How long before the "Fire Bob Stups!!!!" Threads start :P

Blue
10/7/2006, 11:23 PM
How long before the "Fire Bob Stups!!!!" Threads start :P

To tell you the truth...the luster is off.

I have no confidence in this staff anymore. They're 3rd place good.

Cr@zySooner
10/7/2006, 11:39 PM
To tell you the truth...the luster is off.

I have no confidence in this staff anymore. They're 3rd place good.

I have to agree, the luster is gone. I like Stoops, but there is a problem somewhere in his staff and it needs to get fixed. Or maybe I am just trying to vent.:mad: