PDA

View Full Version : Everyone please read this--say thank you to Sooner Soldier

footballfanatic
10/7/2006, 10:10 PM
I came here to enjoy a great UT vctory. Now I could care less.

Sooner13F will soon be deploying to Iraq.

Now, what I want to say is thank you for your service. I appreciate the choices you have made, and I want to wish you success and safety.

While I don't agree with my country being in the Middle East, I am so grateful to people like you, so we can worry about things as trivial as a college football game.

Thanks to you, we can go about our lives in any way we please. We don't have to worship one faith, we don't have to vote for one party. We can criticize our government, we can go on strike, or start a new kind of buisiness. We don't have to worry about another country invading us and imposing their life on us.

Soldiers like Sooner13F don't make policy. They do their duty, unquestioningly. That they do so during a time of questioning is a tribute to their profesionalism. You don't hear about all the good things our soldiers so. How they protect civilians, and install water purification systems. We don't think about the how they put themselves on the line EVERY DAY in a hostile environment. They don't get interviews, pro contracts and Heisman trophies. They get ****ty pay, ****ty benefits, and they miss their children's births.

Please take a moment and say thank you to Sooner13F. Wish him well. Say thank you, and tell him to say thank you to his fellow soldiers. We are lucky to have people like him. Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!

sooneron
10/7/2006, 10:14 PM
Wow, there's some perspective for you. Great post horn. You have no idea how weird it was not putting a w at the beginning of that.

Thanks Sooner 13F for your service to the US of A!

soonersweetie
10/7/2006, 10:18 PM
Yes, thank you very much. It does put things into perspective.

And thank you Sooner 13F for your service. We greatly appreciate you and all Americans defending our awesome country. Even with all the things we complain and whine about here in the US, there is no other country I would rather call home.

birddog
10/7/2006, 10:18 PM
well said.

Rogue
10/7/2006, 10:19 PM
Absolutely!
And to all who serve or have served.

goingoneight
10/7/2006, 10:22 PM
Read and agreed. BTW, congrats on good performance today. Officiating may have beaten us too, but you all would have had us by 10 anyway IMHO.

1stTimeCaller
10/7/2006, 10:22 PM
god speed Sooner Rock Hard Fister

Blue
10/7/2006, 10:26 PM
I say **** you, Football Fanatic. Take your touchy feely **** to the SO.

It's a hell of a time to post that ****.

footballfanatic
10/8/2006, 05:07 AM
I say **** you, Football Fanatic. Take your touchy feely **** to the SO.

It's a hell of a time to post that ****.

Tell that to the families who have lost loved ones in the war. It's never a bad time to support our soldiers.

nBoSTP
10/8/2006, 05:36 AM
Thank you and dont listen to our crazy *** media spreading lies because this country does support our armed forces. You are the backbone of this country and lord knows we really need one right now.

zeke
10/8/2006, 10:30 AM
Well said!

FlatheadSooner
10/8/2006, 10:44 AM
Thank You - Sooner Soldier!!