PDA

View Full Version : Quick Post Game Analysis...

TJKDone
10/7/2006, 09:50 PM
Penalties...We had a considerable advantage in this area, I think 11 for you guys and 2 for us.

Turnovers...You guys had like 5 and I don't think we had one.

Second half execution...We outscored you guys by 21-0 in the second half. Our adjustments to your playaction in the first half was the biggest key IMO.

In all three of these areas we have been on the short end for much of the Stoops era. The fact that we won all three convincingly is a real accomplishment. Your D played better than I thought they would in the first half. But Bob Stoops knows how to coach D. I personally don't think that your new OC is nearly as creative in prep or during the game as either Mangino or Long.

Hope that Peterson makes the jump to the NFL, just to make sure he doesn't get injured before raking in the big bucks of course;)

Great fun today. Great effort by the Sooners.

Hook'em

SanMarcosCASooner
10/7/2006, 09:58 PM
www.voidgame.com

poor 2nd half effort by the sooners

c'mon, we should've won the game - no "GIVE THEM CREDIT" here - we could beat them 9 out of 10, but we lost today

somebody give me whatever the team took at halftime

birddog
10/7/2006, 10:01 PM
www.voidgame.com

poor 2nd half effort by the sooners

c'mon, we should've won the game - no "GIVE THEM CREDIT" here - we could beat them 9 out of 10, but we lost today

somebody give me whatever the team took at halftime

dude, you REALLY have some problems.
why do you keep saying "ruffies", "they took something" etc.? i don't think anybody gets your schtick.

sooneron
10/7/2006, 10:01 PM
Noob, lose the voidgame crap. It's over. They beat us in the trenches. Whenever you have the upper hand on the LOS, you do not lose 9 of 10 games. Best case, we could split with them, but we'll never know.

Texas Golfer
10/7/2006, 10:58 PM
Second half execution...We outscored you guys by 21-0 in the second half. Our adjustments to your playaction in the first half was the biggest key IMO.

Two of your three second half TDs were given to you by the officials. The non-called pushoff by your receiver for the first and the lateral that wasn't a lateral for your last TD.

Calling AD's controlled contact with the ball to the ground a fumble stopped a great drive by us. If we get a fairly called game, UT doesn't win this game.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/7/2006, 11:02 PM
I personally don't think that your new OC is nearly as creative in prep or during the game as either Mangino or Long.

:eek: :twinkies: :pop:

MiccoMacey
10/7/2006, 11:05 PM
:eek: :twinkies: :pop:

I'll see your :eek: :twinkies: :pop:

and raise you a

:texan: ;) :cool: :twinkies: :D :( :O :eek: :pop:

mojohornfan
10/8/2006, 12:12 AM
Two of your three second half TDs were given to you by the officials. The non-called pushoff by your receiver for the first and the lateral that wasn't a lateral for your last TD.

Calling AD's controlled contact with the ball to the ground a fumble stopped a great drive by us. If we get a fairly called game, UT doesn't win this game.

Dude, he's not down until his knee touches. Look at the replay. He held himself up with the ball and if he hadn't of fumbled could've kept running, if he could've kept his balance.

GottaHavePride
10/8/2006, 12:17 AM
I personally don't think that your new OC is nearly as creative in prep or during the game as either Mangino or Long.

If you had said Mike Leach, I'd agree with you there. I think we're better off than we were with Chuck Long at OC, and I'd call it a push with Mangino (while our offense was better with Mangino, he also had Josh Heupel at QB).

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/8/2006, 01:24 AM
Dude, he's not down until his knee touches. Look at the replay. He held himself up with the ball and if he hadn't of fumbled could've kept running, if he could've kept his balance.

first, he wasn't down.

second, there are other parts of the body that can hit the ground and you are considered down. these parts are varied, like the head, the elbow, the back, the butt, and the forearm.

third, he wasn't down, but it wasn't some obvious call like both parties are making it out to be. peterson happened to be coming down at the one angle where the hand will hit before the forearm. i think it was a good call, but we are talking by an inch, not something obvious.

TJKDone
10/8/2006, 10:15 AM
If you had said Mike Leach, I'd agree with you there. I think we're better off than we were with Chuck Long at OC, and I'd call it a push with Mangino (while our offense was better with Mangino, he also had Josh Heupel at QB).

I am surprised to hear you say that, but I'll take your word for it since I watch OU 1 time a year. My observations are based only on the game against us. It just "seemed" to me that once the big play in play action was taken away, you guys were very anemic on offense. It also didn't seem to me that there was any clever "wrinkle" or insight that your offensive coaching staff employed to exploit us. Using play action with a running threat like Peterson isn't anything most Division one coaching staffs wouldn't employ.

Hook'em

GottaHavePride
10/8/2006, 10:23 AM
It also didn't seem to me that there was any clever "wrinkle" or insight that your offensive coaching staff employed to exploit us. Using play action with a running threat like Peterson isn't anything most Division one coaching staffs wouldn't employ.

Now, I'll agree with that. There wasn't anything new - just the same scheme we've been using since the beginning of the season. At least to my eyes.