PDA

View Full Version : GREAT JOB PT!!! GREAT JOB D

cobrapilot
10/7/2006, 09:45 PM
PT played his *** off, outpassed McCoy by over 100 yards. He certainly did his part. The D for the most part played great. The sweed touchdown was definitely offensive interference with a big push off from sweed.

Had it not been for turnovers and stupid penalties on the o line we could have easily won this game.

TXBOOMER
10/7/2006, 10:01 PM
PT played his *** off, outpassed McCoy by over 100 yards. He certainly did his part. The D for the most part played great. The sweed touchdown was definitely offensive interference with a big push off from sweed.

Had it not been for turnovers and stupid penalties on the o line we could have easily won this game.

Bro..I love PT. He is the ultimate team guy. But he underthrew those deep routes to MK all day and he was releasing it late. WR's were having to stop and wait on the ball. Considering his situation he is doing great. Give him an A for effort but c'mon dude. If we had a QB that could place the ball with good trajectory instead of everything high on a line we could of had much more success. I was at the game and it was frustrating watching open WR's have to wait on balls and getting nailed everytime they had to go up and get the ball.

Tuloma
10/7/2006, 10:47 PM
You are right Txboomer.

MiccoMacey
10/7/2006, 10:54 PM
Bro..I love PT. He is the ultimate team guy. But he underthrew those deep routes to MK all day and he was releasing it late. WR's were having to stop and wait on the ball. Considering his situation he is doing great. Give him an A for effort but c'mon dude. If we had a QB that could place the ball with good trajectory instead of everything high on a line we could of had much more success. I was at the game and it was frustrating watching open WR's have to wait on balls and getting nailed everytime they had to go up and get the ball.

No one QB is perfect. JW wasn't mobile. Doesn't mean he couldn't play.

Not saying you're doing this, but I'm kind of tired of people ragging on PT for what he isn't.

Decent arm (over 50%), few turnovers except when trying to win the game by himself...and the heart of a lion.

Blue
10/7/2006, 10:56 PM
We are, what we are.

PT is OU and I'll stand behind him. All the way to 8-4.

MiccoMacey
10/7/2006, 11:08 PM
We are, what we are.

I disagree with the overall record, but agree with your sentiment.

okieballin
10/7/2006, 11:30 PM
it is what it is. +exas had the better team today, and wanted the win more. we still got 7 games left. lets move on, and make the best of it. the bandwagon fans can start pushing off now.
at least this didn't hurt as bad as oregon did(imo).

1991SOONER
10/8/2006, 01:43 AM
We are, what we are.

Lets hope for 10-2.

BTW, I noticed Blue has won a butt load of bets so I snooped alittle before the game and noticed he wasn't saying much about UT/OU. Made me alittle nervous....

Blue
10/8/2006, 01:46 AM
Lets hope for 10-2.

BTW, I noticed Blue has won a butt load of bets so I snooped alittle before the game and noticed he wasn't saying much about UT/OU. Made me alittle nervous....

I didn't see any OU/tx bets.

JKM.....Hmmmmm.

Desert Sapper
10/8/2006, 01:51 AM
at least this didn't hurt as bad as oregon did(imo).

Agreed X a million

I'm still threatening the lives of 80 year old blind zebras everywhere I see them. F***ers.

Bccajun
10/8/2006, 08:36 AM

And PT's over thrown balls, balls behind the receivers not throwing the ball away when in field goal range. I called this at the beginning of the season. Let’s see what he does when behind by a couple of scores. He is not the QB this team needs.

BC

oufan199
10/8/2006, 09:00 AM
I am sick to death of fans blaming referees for losing ballgames. Losing to Texas had nothing to do with bad calls and penalties; it had everything to do with not being nearly as tough as the Longhorns. Most of our penalties Saturday were "nervous" penalties, people jumping offside on defense or moving too early on offense. I say it's time for some heads to roll at OU, before we start having 5-7 and 6-6 seasons. Is this the Gary Gibbs regime all over again? I see Missouri and Nebraska teams on their way up. Mark my words: OU will be lucky to beat Missouri, and the only "easy" game left may be this Saturday, if we can get the cobwebs out. We still haven't recovered from LSU and USC. Bob Stoops had better start pointing the accusing finger at himself, instead of the guys in the striped shirts.

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/8/2006, 09:02 AM
bwa hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahah ahhahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahha
Not Stoops is Going to be Gary Gibbs Does that mean Frank Solich will be the drunken coach and Moe Dampeer after him!

Stoop Dawg
10/8/2006, 12:42 PM
And PT's over thrown balls, balls behind the receivers not throwing the ball away when in field goal range. I called this at the beginning of the season. Let’s see what he does when behind by a couple of scores. He is not the QB this team needs.

BC

All QBs do this. Brady Quinn over/under throws receivers.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back about PT. If our recievers and RBs hadn't fumbled in UT territory and the OL could simply wait until the ball is snapped to move, we'd all be singing his praises right now.

goingoneight
10/8/2006, 02:40 PM
We lost to Texas, guys. Most of you didn't believe Gene Chizik was a better DC than BV and BJW are. Well, it was all about defense. OUr corners got burnt three times, each resulting in either touchdowns or huge gains for Hook 'em. I know the refs gave UT an easy TD, but this wasn't a game-breaking move by the officiating. I was mad about it, too... but I knew the game was nearing it's end when we started looking like a typical aggy defense again.

On the positive side of things, no one person on the offense can be blamed for outgainging their opponent in yards rushed, passed and recieved. The blame rests on field position and turnovers. Less vaguely speaking, missed tackles and bad coverage... all over again. But let's keep singing praises that "we shut out Middle Tennessee A&M Tech BRSI State and we'll be just fine... some day."

IMHO, the offense is there, practice, reps and experience will help the penalties. Everyone said after the Holiday Bowl that all OUr offense would have to do is manage the game in 2006. Here we are, 5 games into the season, with scores of 24, 37, 33, 59, and what could have been a lot more than just 10... offense is doing it's job just fine. AD is putting up Heisman numbers, Kelly is sensational. OUr special teams rank among the best there is... that only leaves... hmmm... defense. But I must be totally off about football to think defense wins championships...

FaninAma
10/8/2006, 02:49 PM
The defense played well enough to win. PT plyed well enough to win. he penalties killed us and Wilson wasn't willing to let the game come to him ala Ohio State.

If we had taken what Texas was giving us we would have scored at least 2 more TD's.

PT underthrew a wide open Kelly in the first half. Yes, he was under pressure but he held the ball way too long.

T_Boner
10/8/2006, 04:25 PM

BC

I totally agree, worst game since TCU by PT, his throws were all over the place, taking sacks, etc..the OL sucked ever worse...nobody did anything GREAT this game

josh09
10/8/2006, 04:30 PM

dude, its like you read my mind. damn penalties and to's, if it werent for them we would have won the game by at least 10.

but ENA was off on a couple of passes that should have been made, and could have been big plays in the game. only a couple. other than that, he played really well.

badger
10/8/2006, 06:33 PM
We are, what we are.

an who, might I ask, are losses #3 and #4 against? Surely not Tech, they lost to TCU, who lost to BYU. Surely not A&M, who nearly lost to Army, who losses to everybody. Surely not Colorado, who lost to Baylor (among other teams, like their past million opponents), who will miss a bowl game aaaagain. Surely not OSU, who lost to Kansas State, who is a team on the fall (opposite of rise). Surely not Iowa State, who we play next week and are sure to crush to show that Red River was a fluke.

And that leaves Mizzou, the only ranked opponent left on our schedule, unless you count BYE WEEK, in which we might possibly beat ourselves. :D

Rogue
10/8/2006, 07:11 PM
Mizzou has looked nothing but good so far this season.

goingoneight
10/8/2006, 09:23 PM
Mizzou has looked nothing but good so far this season.

I'm still not sold on Mizzou. Yeah, they're doing good, but Pinkel's tenure at Mizzou tells me something is highly overrated and Bob Stoops will be the one to find it out... We have to play better defense though, IMHO. This new kid doesn't scramble like Smith did, but he's got good touch on his passes and we have a serious issue with CB's leaving assignments...

yermom
10/8/2006, 09:37 PM
PT had a couple of bad plays, but he did NOT lose this game for us

the Defense played well for like a quarter, it seemed. although, they seemed to have a lot of short fields to deal with. it's like they just couldn't keep up the momentum they had going after the 2nd quarter or something

and i'm worried about going to Mizzou too, we have to get over this jumpy crap

Cam
10/8/2006, 09:48 PM
No one QB is perfect. JW wasn't mobile. Doesn't mean he couldn't play.

Not saying you're doing this, but I'm kind of tired of people ragging on PT for what he isn't.

Decent arm (over 50%), few turnovers except when trying to win the game by himself...and the heart of a lion.
How bout not throwing the deep ball any better in game 5 than in game 1?

I think PT's done one hell of a job this season. My big concern has been his timing and the deep throws. I really thought it would've gotten better, but he's still pretty much where he was at week 1.

Having said that, the kid hasn't played QB for a year. How much can we really expect? He'll win more for us than he'll lose, so I can't really ask for much more than that at this point.

yermom
10/8/2006, 09:51 PM
seems that he connected on plenty of 3rd and longs, with a couple of drops

sure he could have thrown better, but that is near the bottom of the list of things that need to be fixed

Cam
10/8/2006, 09:57 PM
seems that he connected on plenty of 3rd and longs, with a couple of drops
When I say deep, I'm talking about the 40+ yard throws that our WR's have to wait on. He was throwing the 15-20 yarders on a freaking rope yesterday.

sure he could have thrown better, but that is near the bottom of the list of things that need to be fixed
I agree 100%.

Pepper
10/8/2006, 10:49 PM
Yes, congratulations to the entire team. They deserve that, even though as fans we like to criticize and look at what could have been done differently.
OU has a very good team and a great chance at winning the rest of their games.