PDA

View Full Version : The official "Looking on the bright side" thread.

Crimsontothecore
10/7/2006, 09:22 PM
I Think OU can run the table from here on out and end up 10-2. Texas is by far the best team on the schedule and we had our chances against them today. Mizzou is the best team left but we're still better. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

birddog
10/7/2006, 09:25 PM
i don't know, with ad not living up to the hype and sucking so bad, we could be doomed.:D
running the table would be sweet at this point. when it's all said and done, we'll look back on all this and say how much better we got towards the end of the season. much like last year.

sooneron
10/7/2006, 09:29 PM
I think we ARE getting better, we held the best* team that we've played thus far, to a painfully average game. We shot ourselves in the foot as well as not executing and being predictable. We can make changes and fix things. Will we? I think/hope so.

MissouriSooner
10/7/2006, 09:31 PM
If the O-line doesn't start blocking and stop jumping before the snap, and if the d-backs don't start covering receivers, we are going to have trouble with several teams on our schedule. I don't know what Stoops and his coaches intend to do to remedy the defensive woes, but if they can't shore up the defense, it's going to be difficult for our offense to outscore our opponents due to the o-line being woeful.

OUinFLA
10/7/2006, 09:33 PM
well, we could start by glueing the offensive Right tackle to the ground until after the snap.

GreenSooner
10/7/2006, 09:37 PM
Well at least this means that getting ducked in Eugene won't be keeping us out of a national title game.

We got beaten fair and square today.

aero
10/7/2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah. What you guys said.

SanMarcosCASooner
10/7/2006, 09:40 PM
AD is great, but not that great. BAD running style for the NFL. He'll be great the rest of the year against mediocre defenses, but the scouts are on to him. Tough to run over those dudes in the NFL. He'll make millions over a couple of years and retire. Not an EMITT though.

1991SOONER
10/7/2006, 09:46 PM
AD is great, but not that great. BAD running style for the NFL. He'll be great the rest of the year against mediocre defenses, but the scouts are on to him. Tough to run over those dudes in the NFL. He'll make millions over a couple of years and retire. Not an EMITT though.

Well, it would help to have an o-line that would block for him. BTW, I smell a troll..

southern sooner
10/7/2006, 09:48 PM
Any chance this kind of game causes his stock to fall, maybe not in top 10 and causes him to come back for his senior season???

OKC-SLC
10/7/2006, 09:54 PM
nobody died.

T_Boner
10/7/2006, 10:00 PM
Well, it would help to have an o-line that would block for him. BTW, I smell a troll..

I agree on all accounts...also Emmitt's hype was all because of a really good OL...basically the opposite for AD at OU