PDA

View Full Version : Farrah Fawcett

Mjcpr
10/7/2006, 09:19 PM
I meant to post this earlier.....last night I heard on one of those tabloid TV shows that FF has 'intestinal cancer'. It didn't sound too promising but you never know about those tabloid stories.

Two things about this are disappointing:

1) Farrah Fawcett is damn near 60 years old
2) The story has been picked up by the MSM

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/10/07/farrah.fawcett.ap/index.html

VeeJay
10/7/2006, 11:31 PM
As celebrities go, she'a always managed to make occasional headlines regarding a little domestic unrest...bizarre stuff like her behavior on David Letterman, etc...but in the end there's something about this one that's different, that you want to see her happy and healthy and carrying on.

Prayers are with her.

Newbomb Turk
10/8/2006, 12:31 PM
I had "the poster" when I was a kid.

Okla-homey
10/8/2006, 01:04 PM
I hope she'll be okay.

As an aside, one of fav FF memories was the night she was on "Letterman" -- back when the show was still on NBC and "edgy." Anyhoo, Dave set her up. He asked her if she could remember where she went to high school and the poor woman was unable to remember. Dave then whipped-out her senior yearbook and showed her her picture. She was all "well I'll be...", etc.

I guess you had to be there.

Mjcpr
10/9/2006, 02:59 PM
Yep, intestinal cancer.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/9/2006, 04:37 PM
So sad.

StoopTroup
10/9/2006, 04:49 PM
So it's terminal?

birddog
10/12/2006, 09:02 PM
i heard anal cancer.

i don't know what that means.

olevetonahill
10/12/2006, 09:18 PM
So it's terminal?
no its intestanal sheesh dont you got no readin compression ?

sooneron
10/12/2006, 09:20 PM
I had the poster on my shirt!

yermom
10/12/2006, 09:46 PM
they kept talking about the "B.H." on the radio this morning

Mjcpr
2/2/2007, 11:51 PM
She won, good for her.

Couple of things about that article......I STILL can't believe FF is 60. And, thanks Ryan, I'm sure she's thrilled you disclosed the type of cancer. Especially THAT type of cancer.

I never really knew *** cancer was on the table. :confused:

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Farrah Fawcett got an unbeatable gift for her 60th birthday: a clean bill of health.

The actress, who revealed in October that she was fighting cancer, learned this week that she is cancer-free, spokesman Mike Pingel said Friday.

Dr. Gary Gitnick, Fawcett's lead physician at the University of California, Los Angeles, said the actress "has had a full and complete response to treatment."

"Her prognosis is excellent," he said.

The former "Charlie's Angel" star said she was "deeply grateful" to her doctors and her family and friends "who have sustained me as I battled this terrible disease."

"This is an extraordinarily happy day for me and my family," she said in a statement. "I hope that my news might offer some level of inspiration to others who unfortunately must continue to fight the disease."

Fawcett planned to celebrate her birthday Friday with family and friends, Pingel said, and expects to return to work "in the next month or two."

Fawcett did not disclose the kind of cancer she was treated for. Her ex, Ryan O'Neal, told People magazine she was being treated for anal cancer.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/02/people.farrahfawcett.ap/index.html

Widescreen
2/2/2007, 11:55 PM
Fawcett planned to celebrate her birthday Friday with family and friends, Pingel said, and expects to return to work "in the next month or two."
What does she do?

Mjcpr
2/2/2007, 11:56 PM
What does she do?

I don't know. Lately, I think her focus has been mainly on her anus.

SicEmBaylor
2/2/2007, 11:57 PM
I think if I hear the term MSM one more time I'm going to go postal.

Mongo
2/3/2007, 12:00 AM
I think if I hear the term MSM one more time I'm going to go postal.

Arent you being a little anal about that term?

OCUDad
2/3/2007, 12:32 AM
I think if I hear the term MSM one more time I'm going to go postal.How will we be able to tell?

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2007, 01:04 AM
How will we be able to tell?
This reminds me of a funny Calvin Coolidge anecdote.

Dorothy Parker responded when told of Coolidge's death, "How could you tell?"

Dio
2/3/2007, 01:17 AM
This reminds me of a funny Calvin Coolidge anecdote.

You Baylor kids really need to get out more. ;)

SCOUT
2/3/2007, 01:28 AM
I had a good friend who died of colon cancer at the age of 32.

Don't get me wrong, I get the humor of the jokes and am not calling for a ceasefire. I am just saying that cancer can strike anyone at anytime and... well anywhere.

olevetonahill
2/3/2007, 01:45 AM
I had a good friend who died of colon cancer at the age of 32.

Don't get me wrong, I get the humor of the jokes and am not calling for a ceasefire. I am just saying that cancer can strike anyone at anytime and... well anywhere.
so your sayin " Eat shat and die " ?
Cause we gonna check out

jacru
2/3/2007, 01:55 AM
Boy, "Charlie's Angels" have gotten old !
http://www.own.org.au/images/sydney_theatre_performers.jpg

AlbqSooner
2/3/2007, 07:47 AM
1) Farrah Fawcett is damn near 60 years old
What's wrong with being damn near 60 years old??? It means we didn't drink or drug ourselves to death in our college years and we didn't get murdered in our working years. Couple of substantial accomplishments imho.;)

StoopTroup
2/3/2007, 05:12 PM
Glad she's gotten another chance...

Good for her.

I still love that poster.