PDA

View Full Version : To those of you that were at the game

achiro
10/7/2006, 07:41 PM
Was the texass crowd louder than OU's? On tv even when OU was doing well and the crowd was into it, they never sounded as loud. Was it just where the mics were located or was it really that bad?

Rocker
10/7/2006, 09:06 PM
Was the texass crowd louder than OU's? On tv even when OU was doing well and the crowd was into it, they never sounded as loud. Was it just where the mics were located or was it really that bad?
'
NOPE we were just as LOUD.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/7/2006, 09:34 PM
OU crowd was pretty loud in the first half

southern sooner
10/7/2006, 09:43 PM
texass had a very loud croude and I was disappointed seeing all our fans leaving early...

Vaevictis
10/7/2006, 09:51 PM

It quieted down quite a bit after that lateral which I suspect wasn't a lateral. (It wasn't a lateral was it? At the game, you couldn't tell because of the lack of replay, but the explanation that "it was passed at the and landed at the 12" was obviously total bunk as AD clearly touched it and the ball seemed to go backwards after the tip...)

SanMarcosCASooner
10/7/2006, 09:54 PM
OUR FANS WERE ON RUFFIES TOO.

c"MON!!!!

We need to blow these idiots out.

www.voidgame.com

Sooner Eclipse
10/8/2006, 12:17 AM

Although I was at the game, I sat among the great unwashed whoard. The uterus crowd did seem more loud after halftime. But they seemed much more active the entire game than our crowd.

BTW, The seats I had are great (appx 40yd ln down low) and have used them before (2 prev RRS's) I noticed a large shift in the average age of the devil's spawn. Prior to this game, (03, 04) generally the people around me were 50(+/-). Seems to me that average was way down this year. A great many of the ones immediately around me were 30 or so.

That one MNC has done more damage to the rest of the B12 than I ever imagined. Gawd i wish usuc would have won that game.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:18 AM
Our crowd was very loud, but disappointingly left early in droves....

GottaHavePride
10/8/2006, 12:20 AM
Yeah, our crowd was loud early on, but after UT scored at the beginning of the second half it kind of took the wind out of the sails. And our last couple of turnovers (especially the lateral/fumble td for UT) sent people for the exits.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:22 AM
I hate to say this but we looked like texas fans heading to the exits....

silverwheels
10/8/2006, 12:23 AM
It was pretty even for the first half, and I'd venture to say that we were louder in the 2nd quarter, but after Texas scored the go-ahead TD, their side got significantly louder.

We lost, but it was my first RRS and it was ****ing great. And I stayed until the final gun.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:27 AM
Texas fans were not really dishing **** because they knew they we LUCKY !!!!!

birddog
10/8/2006, 12:28 AM
but did you wear white or crimson?;)
is that place really a dump like everyone says?
also, does it really get loud with only half the stadium making noise at a time?

silverwheels
10/8/2006, 12:31 AM
but did you wear white or crimson?;)
is that place really a dump like everyone says?
also, does it really get loud with only half the stadium making noise at a time?

:D

I wore one of the new style of jerseys--#28. In crimson. ;)

It wasn't as bad as some of the stories I've heard. I expected it to be a third-world country based on what people have said, but I was surprised. It wasn't Memorial Stadium, but it wasn't the worst place on Earth, either. And yeah, it does get pretty loud even with just one half of the stadium making noise.

Soonerus
10/8/2006, 12:33 AM
A guy a row in front of me hit his head on a low-lying electrical line in the stands ...scary...

horninokc
10/8/2006, 02:08 AM

Getting turnovers is not luck. I did not notice you calling tOSU lucky when they picked up a fumble on the 1 yd line and ran it back to midfield against us like Aaron did today against you. They both happened because of a good hit and a heads up play.

I guarantee you that none of us in the north end of the cotton bowl today felt like we were "lucky".

Blue
10/8/2006, 02:22 AM
Getting turnovers is not luck. I did not notice you calling tOSU lucky when they picked up a fumble on the 1 yd line and ran it back to midfield against us like Aaron did today against you. They both happened because of a good hit and a heads up play.

I guarantee you that none of us in the north end of the cotton bowl today felt like we were "lucky".

STFU please. You're the only one who doesn't realize Soonerus' is crazy.

OUTrumpet
10/8/2006, 02:33 AM
When Texas got the turnover off the fumble from Iglesius I think on their own 9 and returned it to the 40, our crowd was really loud during that series.

Our fans were awesome in the 1st half.

Our fans sucked in the second half, and I agree, looked like horns running to the exits.

Granted with all the turnovers, we didn't have much to cheer about.

And I saw this when I got home on that stupid "backwards pass"

NCAA RULES
Rule 2
SECTION 19. Passes
Passing
ARTICLE 1. Passing the ball is throwing it. A pass continues to be a pass
until it is caught or intercepted by a player or the ball becomes dead.
Forward and Backward Pass
ARTICLE 2. a. A forward pass is determined by the point where the ball
first strikes the ground, a player, an official or anything beyond the spot
of the pass. All other passes are backward passes. When in question, it
is a forward pass rather than a backward pass when thrown in or
behind the neutral zone.

Take forever to make a ruling, claim that they looked up the rule, and still got it wrong.

Blue
10/8/2006, 02:57 AM
You do not need "luck" win you win hands down..........................

You had a great second quarter and we DOMINATED the other three. Great game (by the way kick ever kickoff to Perterson....Like his dad, he is not used to running in OPEN SPACE.)

I am sure to get banned after this but I do not care any more.......Your fans whine and moan just as much as LONGHORNS did in the 5 years of Sooner Magic.

Now that is more even (4-5 Mack, 5-3 Stoops) it is amazing how the tides have turned.

Love you guys......but.........OU SUCKS

Who's whining? Not Classy.

http://www.logfather.com/weblog/images/anchorman.jpg

Blue
10/8/2006, 03:17 AM
BLUE,

Check your posts brother. There is more whining than you can imagine going on here.......you sound like a bunch of AGGY.

OH wait you are the "NO EXCUSES TEAM" The wind was to much, we didn't want are freshman *$$*$* up, "I WILL ANSWER THAT FOR CHRIS". crap.

YA'LL got your *** kicked. YOUR HEISMAN only got 100 yards. His father will be busted within that radius of the half way house dealing.

AND THERE WAS NO OFFICIAL REPLAY to fix it all.

Are you ****ting me?! Where?!

Blue
10/8/2006, 03:18 AM
The only MF-er whining for OU has been put in check.

You have to admit we're very docile right now.

Blue
10/8/2006, 03:20 AM
His father will be busted within that radius of the half way house deal

BTW, Hard for me to believe you're cool.

Desert Sapper
10/8/2006, 03:32 AM
texass had a very loud croude and I was disappointed seeing all our fans leaving early...

When my wife mentioned that the crowd on the TV looked like all the Sooner fans were leaving early, I was in denial. Then she pointed out that it wouldn't make sense that the Texas fans were leaving early. I felt a little ashamed that Sooners were leaving early from the RRS. I'm afraid that too many band-waggoneers are taking tickets from the true Sooner fans because they think it 'might be fun' to go see an RRS. Just thinking of how many people would kill to get those tickets and may go a whole lifetime without ever getting to go to the RRS sort of puts things into perspective.

Vaevictis
10/8/2006, 03:37 AM
I'm afraid that too many band-waggoneers are taking tickets from the true Sooner fans because they think it 'might be fun' to go see an RRS.

Highest bid and all.

And it's not just band-wagoners that leave early. I know some long time fans that just can't stand to watch it when it gets out of hand like that. Most of them are on blood pressure meds to begin with ;)

(FWIW, I ain't one of them. After staying at the game of which we do not speak to the bitter end, I think I can handle just about anything... it doesn't hurt worse than that.)

Desert Sapper
10/8/2006, 03:45 AM
I guess I just feel like there are many out there that can't even get tickets because of the corporate big $$ types that buy up for friends and relatives only to leave early. I'm probably off in my assessment, but my opinion is colored by the fact that I would have given just about anything to actually have been there and stayed to the end, even if I knew the outcome. Probably a little sour grapes to go with my disappointment in the Sooner 'faithful'.

SelmaBamaFan
10/8/2006, 03:48 AM
BLUE,

Check your posts brother. There is more whining than you can imagine going on here.......you sound like a bunch of AGGY.

OH wait you are the "NO EXCUSES TEAM" The wind was to much, we didn't want are freshman *$$*$* up, "I WILL ANSWER THAT FOR CHRIS". crap.

YA'LL got your *** kicked. YOUR HEISMAN only got 100 yards. His father will be busted within that radius of the half way house dealing.

AND THERE WAS NO OFFICIAL REPLAY to fix it all.

Well, atleast we wont have to put up with your *** for long. Enjoy the shoe whipping.

Vaevictis
10/8/2006, 03:53 AM
I get how you feel on that. It's always dissapointing to see our fans leave early. It's always dissapointing when I get pushed into doing it.

And you may be right about some of them, but certainly not all. There's one guy I know... he's been going to games since 1965. He drives about 500 miles to almost all of the home games -- the only exceptions are the ones where he has a work reason why he can't go. He's flown from London every weekend for a season. He's flown from India to go to the RRS. He once literally froze to his seat in Memorial Stadium after like 3/4 of the crowd had left the stadium -- in the mid-90's, to boot, and we were getting our *** kicked.

But when the team just falls apart, he can't stay and watch. Especially at the RRS where he'll get his blood pressure up, lose his temper, and either drop dead from a heart attack, or kill some orange-wearing sonofabitch that some red-wearing sonofabitch sold their tickets to.

Even real fans get demoralized/angry/etc and leave. I wish they wouldn't do that, but some people just have a limit to their tolerance.

And today was pretty hard to tolerate. We got jobbed by the refs, but played badly enough that we couldn't say that it was the ref's fault. It's very frustrating. The team just isn't playing to their potential.

Desert Sapper
10/8/2006, 04:07 AM
We got jobbed by the refs, but played badly enough that we couldn't say that it was the ref's fault. It's very frustrating. The team just isn't playing to their potential.

My assessment, precisely. I felt like we easily COULD have played with the whorns today, but played ourselves out of it. The refs took some wind out of the sails, but if we were the better team, we would have played beyond the penalties and blown calls. I can certainly understand wanting to leave. I just can't imagine doing it. But, of course, I wasn't there. I defer to your judgement.

Vaevictis
10/8/2006, 04:13 AM
Well, I am with you on it. I wouldn't choose to leave.

But that said, some people just don't have the ability to stomach it. I don't like it, but there it is.

And if you really want to get aggravated at someone, get aggravated at the people who sell their tickets to orange wearing focktards. That's what really ****es me off.

I was standing in the ticket distribution line, and literally 2/3 of the students there were talking about how good the seats they got were, and how they were going to get $300 a pop for their tickets. Now that REALLY aggravates me.

If your main beef is how badly you want to be there and how there aren't tickets available, you can thank a lot of the students for that. I seriously think at least half of all of the students turn around and sell their tickets the day after they pick them up, and I think the majority of those that do sell them don't give a rats *** about who they sell them to.

Desert Sapper
10/8/2006, 04:37 AM
Yeah. Pretty much Tuck Fexas all the way. And any sonofabitch that consorts with them. Cow-worshipping c***suckers.

GottaHavePride
10/8/2006, 09:49 AM
My assessment, precisely. I felt like we easily COULD have played with the whorns today, but played ourselves out of it. The refs took some wind out of the sails, but if we were the better team, we would have played beyond the penalties and blown calls. I can certainly understand wanting to leave. I just can't imagine doing it. But, of course, I wasn't there. I defer to your judgement.

I stayed to the end, but one guy a row behind me actually told his friends "Son of a bitch! 3rd and 15 and we run up the middle? Stay if you want but I can't watch this anymore. I'll see you guys at the hotel."

RacerX
10/8/2006, 09:53 AM
We didn't leave until 00 on the game clock.

proud gonzo
10/8/2006, 12:04 PM
yeah, us too. We started heading for the exit when they took a knee, but we were there until the end. I can't hardly blame people for leaving though. Quite honestly, I think the team gave up on us before we gave up on them.

Dio
10/8/2006, 03:27 PM
All you bandwagon "fans" who left before the game was over make me sick. Next year, give your tickets to real OU fans and stay home.

PalmBeachSooner
10/8/2006, 03:29 PM

I actually sat in the UT student section this year. They showed up late, there were quite a few empty seats and they were not very loud.

Why was I sitting in the UT section? My wife is a UT grad and had never been to been to the game and I love her more than my SOONERS but not by much.

FaninAma
10/8/2006, 03:34 PM
THe OU crowd was much better than the UT crowd. The whorns really didn't get into the game until the fumble by Iglesias.

goingoneight
10/8/2006, 03:38 PM
All you bandwagon "fans" who left before the game was over make me sick. Next year, give your tickets to real OU fans and stay home.

Tell me how my team is going to score 18 points in 45 seconds, unless you don't count that much time, I was feeling sick all day anyway... I didn't bail in the third like some of them did...

AlabamaSooner
10/8/2006, 04:14 PM

Lucky? Interesting...

josh09
10/8/2006, 04:25 PM
we were the same i thought, at least in the first half. last year, you could tell a difference in the loudness because we knew we had a very slim chance of winning, but this year was very very even.

TMcGee86
10/8/2006, 08:52 PM
UT crowd was loud, but it seemed more so just because OU was down at that end for most of the game for some reason.

The loudest part of the game was the "Boomer... Sooner" chants. It literally gave me chills because of how loud it got.

Texas fight never got that loud, and most of the time it the texas...sucks part was much louder.

It was freaking hot though, I know that much.

Jdog
10/8/2006, 09:19 PM
Before the game the Orangebloods showed up earlier than usual - and they were loud. I think that the only score on our end of the field was the pass/fumble - maybe that had something to do with it.

Our crowd seemed hung over in the first half - in the second half I think we fans, coaches and players were ready for our usual 3rd Qt nap.

It's sad, a lot of OUR fans are starting to give up - reminds me of the 60's or the Blake days.
Maybe it was the 04 SC game that did it - We only make noise when we think the ref's made a bad call.

soonerlaw
10/8/2006, 10:19 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but every score with the exception of the lateral fumble for a TD occurred on the UT side, so they had more action over their to get riled up about. We held out own though.

One thing is for sure, though, there was a lot more burnt orange at the fair than crimson.. which is probably because every f#$@ing place from Albertson's to Wal-greens began selling UT crap after they won the MNC.

Dio
10/9/2006, 09:24 AM
Tell me how my team is going to score 18 points in 45 seconds, unless you don't count that much time, I was feeling sick all day anyway... I didn't bail in the third like some of them did...

I'm not talking about the last 45 seconds when texass was running out the clock, which is bad enough but marginally acceptable if you're sick/old/hungover/etc. I'm talking about the people who started filing out with ten minutes left in the game. If you want to pull that crap, that's why you have a TV and a Lazy-Boy.

josh09
10/9/2006, 09:48 AM
i really want texass to die. i really do.

just expressing my emotions and getting the point across.

Zing
10/9/2006, 10:08 AM

The first little chunk of fans left at about 7:30 left in the game, but we still had about 85-90% remaining. The full-scale evacuation began at 1:33.

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2006, 10:16 AM
We stayed until well after the clock was zero.

I almost regretted it when we were stuck in traffic for an hour with the low gas light on.

AustinTXHorn
10/9/2006, 02:36 PM
One thing is for sure, though, there was a lot more burnt orange at the fair than crimson.. which is probably because every f#$@ing place from Albertson's to Wal-greens began selling UT crap after they won the MNC.
I thought this was the opposite. It seemed like the fair was about 80% OU fans before the game.

sanantoniosooner
10/9/2006, 03:03 PM
It appeared that the UT fans like to arrive late.

I know a buttload of them were trying to cut into the line to exit I-30 ahead of me instead of getting in line.

The Maestro
10/9/2006, 03:06 PM
OUR FANS WERE ON RUFFIES TOO.

c"MON!!!!

We need to blow these idiots out.

www.voidgame.com

What's with this guy?

San Marcos, I dare you to make a post not mentioning drugs in it.